Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:14 PM

Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? (15909 Views)

Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by richmond500: 7:14am On Jul 25, 2021
Its cool to pay tithes in churches cos the church will use it to enlarge and win more souls for God, but is that enough, should we let the NGO's, widows, needy and orphanage to rot?

Cos Matt.25 Jesus told us the criteria for judgement and its not amount of tithe u pay or people u convert into chritianity, a Muslim that shows unconditional love is eternity worthy than a bittered tribalistic christian that never missed paying his tithe

Matt.25.41 - Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Matt.25.42 - For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Matt.25.43 - I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Matt.25.44 -.......
Matt.25.45 - Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by ILoveDemMANNA: 7:15am On Jul 25, 2021
God bless the OP.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Hezzyluv: 7:15am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
Its cool to pay tithes in churches cos the church will use it to enlarge and win more souls for God, but is that enough, should we let the NGO's and orphanage to rot?

Cos Matt.25 Jesus told us the criteria for judgement and its not amount of tithe u pay or people u convert into chritianity, a Muslim that shows unconditional love is eternity worthy than a bittered tribalistic christian

Matt.25.41 - Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
Matt.25.42 - For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
Matt.25.43 - I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Matt.25.44 -.......
Matt.25.45 - Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

I once asked similar question, can I pay my tithe to the church I see struggling financially? and was told I have to pay it to the church where I worship. That, that's where you're getin ur blessings from. You can always Saw seed and render assistance outside your tithe.

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by richmond500: 7:16am On Jul 25, 2021
There is nothing wrong in giving to ur pastors and there is nothing wrong in not giving to them, but everything is wrong when u don't show love to those who needs it.

Christianity isn't about religion, its a way of life.
U can be in other religions and still practice christianity

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by richmond500: 7:19am On Jul 25, 2021
Hezzyluv:

I once asked this question, and was told I have to pay it to the church where I worship
I don't have any problem if u pay ur tithe in church but its also good if we try and show love to people cos God is love, u cannot be buying private jets for ur pastor and never think of giving at least 100m to orphanage, it doesn't sit well with me

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Kobojunkie: 7:22am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
Its cool to pay tithes in churches cos the church will use it to enlarge and win more souls for God, but is that enough, should we let the NGO's and orphanage to rot?
1. In the New Covenant, tithing which is defined according to the Old Covenant, is a sin. undecided

Jesus Christ warned His followers that they cannot serve Him, the New Covenant, and another master, the Old Covenant as well. So, having one foot in the New Covenant and the other serving the Old Covenant is a direct sin against God who decreed that you should not add or remove from any of His Laws. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not ask His followers to give to businesses, including NGOs. He asked them to instead give to the least of these...where your NGOs are business, the least of these are those who have direct need for that which you have. undecided

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:23am On Jul 25, 2021
Hezzyluv:

I once asked this question, and was told I have to pay it to the church where I worship

Not "pay in the church where you worship" but WHERE GOD IS!

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:25am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:

Deuteronomy 12:11 is The Law.

then it shall come about that THE PLACE in which the Lord your God will choose for His name to dwell, there you shall bring all that I command you: your burnt offerings and your sacrifices, YOUR TITHES AND THE CONTRIBUTION OF YOUR HAND, and all your choice votive

It is about The Holy Place Where God resides. even if his preists are as Eli and Samuel's children.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by richmond500: 7:26am On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. In the New Covenant, tithing which is defined according to the Old Covenant, is a sin. undecided

Jesus Christ warned His followers that they cannot serve Him, the New Covenant, and another master, the Old Covenant as well. So, having one foot in the New Covenant and the other serving the Old Covenant is a direct sin against God who decreed that you should not add or remove from any of His Laws. undecided

2. Jesus Christ did not ask His followers to give to businesses, including NGOs. He asked them to instead give to the least of these...where your NGOs are business, the least of these are those who have direct need for that which you have. undecided
NGO's are non gov'mental organisations who reach out to people in need, its good to give to them, that's my opinion

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Hezzyluv: 7:27am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
I don't have any problem if u pay ur tithe in church but its also good if we try and show love to people cos God is love, u cannot be buying private jets for ur pastor and never think of giving at least 100m to orphanage, it doesn't sit well with me

Exactly the reason way I asked that question and was told that's how it works
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by dingbang(m): 7:27am On Jul 25, 2021
The pharisees questioned Jesus why did he heal a man on the sabbath

Useless people.

See eh.. I will give that tithe over and over again to the beggar on the street.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Hezzyluv: 7:29am On Jul 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Not "pay in the church where you worship" but WHERE GOD IS!

If you woshppin in a Bible bilivin church, God is there already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by richmond500: 7:29am On Jul 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Deuteronomy 12:11 is The Law.

then it shall come about that THE PLACE in which the Lord your God will choose for His name to dwell, there you shall bring all that I command you: your burnt offerings and your sacrifices, YOUR TITHES AND THE CONTRIBUTION OF YOUR HAND, and all your choice votive

It is about The Holy Place Where God resides. even if his preists are as Eli and Samuel's children.
So where do u think God dwells? In the church? Oga I was quoting Jesus words and he said give to those who needs, I am not against tithing in church, I am saying why don't we also give much to the orphanage?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by richmond500: 7:31am On Jul 25, 2021
Hezzyluv:

God is omnipresent.

According to Matt.25, If u give to those who need, u have given to God,
and tithe is all about giving to God

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Kobojunkie: 7:37am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
NGO's are non gov'mental organisations who reach out to people in need, its good to give to them, that's my opinion
NGO's are business organizations. And we are not called by Jesus Christ to support business organizations but to do as Jesus Christ commands . undecided

Jesus Christ demands we each have that direct contact with those who are in need just as He did. I am afraid there is no sitting away off, writing checks to be forwarded to those in need. Recall Jesus Christ suggesting we are to serve others just as He served us? How can we do as Jesus Christ has commanded if our support is done through third party NGO's? undecided.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:38am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
So where do u think God dwells? In the church? Oga I was quoting Jesus words and he said give to those who needs, I am not against tithing in church,..

You have joined 2 issues together, to wit "Where God Dwells and The Law of Love"

I was only raising your attention that tithes and all have to be paid in The Place Where God is, that is all. It is nothing to quarrel over.

richmond500:

I am saying why don't we also give much to the orphanage?

These are supposed to be gifts to be given, not your tithes. Tithes belongs to The House (Place) of God.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Kobojunkie: 7:40am On Jul 25, 2021
Hezzyluv:
I hate to be the breaker of bad news for you here but anyone who "worships" in a church is buying himself a one-way ticket to Hell. It is sad but the Truth. You cannot serve the doctrines and traditions of men(lies) and God at the same time - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by richmond500: 7:41am On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
NGO's are business organizations. And we are not called by Jesus Christ to support business organizations but to do as Jesus Christ commands . undecided

Jesus Christ demands we each have that direct contact with those who are in need just as He did. I am afraid there is no sitting away off, writing checks to be forwarded to those in need. Recall Jesus Christ suggesting we are to serve others just as He served us? How can we do as Jesus Christ has commanded if our support is done through third party NGO's? undecided.
OK, why do we allow the orphanage to rot? Or ate they also business organisations?
I am not against paying tithe, but as chritians, should we just neglect the orphanages?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by tillaman(m): 7:42am On Jul 25, 2021
Countless times

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Hezzyluv: 7:43am On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I hate to be the breaker of bad news for you here but anyone who "worships" in a church is buying himself a one-way ticket to Hell. It is sad but the Truth. You cannot serve the doctrines and traditions of men(lies) and God at the same time - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided

You win.

Are you ok now?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by lilvicky68(m): 7:45am On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your own na separate case..
Any person wey argue with you go tire.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Hezzyluv: 7:46am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
God is omnipresent.

According to Matt.25, If u give to those who need, u have given to God,
and tithe is all about giving to God

And yet he said 4sek nt the assembly of bredrn?
Bring all the tithe in my store house?

Anyway, u win
Are u ok now?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Kobojunkie: 7:48am On Jul 25, 2021
lilvicky68:

Your own na separate case..
Any person wey argue with you go tire.
Argue the Truth of God or argue for the sake of arguing? undecided
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Kobojunkie: 7:49am On Jul 25, 2021
Hezzyluv:
You win.
Are you ok now?
I didn't ask for a win.. simply letting you know the Truth of God as written in your Bible. undecided
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by Kobojunkie: 7:53am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:
OK, why do we allow the orphanage to rot? Or ate they also business organisations?
I am not against paying tithe, but as chritians, should we just neglect the orphanages?
1. Paying tithe and giving Offerings is a sin for anyone who claims to belong to Jesus Christ. undecided

2. Not saying to neglect them but know that we aren't called to cater to businesses(orphanages) but to those in need(orphans). Last, I checked, in may cities across the world, orphans aren't found only in orphanages, neither are poor people or widows etc. undecided

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by richmond500: 7:54am On Jul 25, 2021
Hezzyluv:

And yet he said 4sek nt the assembly of bredrn?
Bring all the tithe in my store house?

Anyway, u win
Are u ok now?
forsake not the assembly of the breathen and bring tithe to my store house are two different books in the bible, stop making it look like they are same, the first part is in Hebrew 10, if u read down, u will find it, I forgot the tithing part but it should be malachi

Before God said, bring tithes to my house, the church has not come into existence, I am not worried about giving to church anyways, I am worried about not giving to those who are really in need

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by richmond500: 7:56am On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Paying tithe and giving Offerings is a sin for anyone who claims to belong to Jesus Christ. undecided

2. Not saying to neglect them but know that we aren't called to cater to businesses(orphanages) but to those in need(orphans). Last, I checked, in may cities across the world, orphans aren't found only in orphanages, neither are poor people or widows etc. undecided
while its true that they aren't found only in orphanage, at least they are there and shouldn't be neglected, that is my opinion

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by earthboy: 7:57am On Jul 25, 2021
There's no need considering, it should be the normal thing to do.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by desiredhome: 7:57am On Jul 25, 2021
richmond500:

Cos Matt.25 Jesus told us the criteria for judgement and its not amount of tithe u pay or people u convert into chritianity, a Muslim that shows unconditional love is eternity worthy than a bittered tribalistic christian that never missed paying his tithe

What many church goers have refused to understand is that "the CHURCH" is not the building but the people (members)...........
God does not duel in a building built by man, but in the heart....

If the right thing were done, there won't be these high rate of poverty in the land......

If one man (founder) of a church is claiming ownership (richest pastor) of the contribution made by the members while over 50% of the members are poor..... why should I continue contributing my hard earned money to him?

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by arthurwillia(m): 8:01am On Jul 25, 2021
Pay tithe to God and help ngo the way you can
Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by richmond500: 8:03am On Jul 25, 2021
desiredhome:

What many church goers have refused to understand is that "the CHURCH" is not the building but the people (members)...........
God does not duel in a building built by man, but in the heart....

If the right thing were done, there won't be these high rate of poverty in the land......

If one man (founder) of a church is claiming ownership (richest pastor) of the contribution made by the members while over 50% of the members are poor..... why should I continue contributing my hard earned money to him?
I don't have issue if a pastor is the richest in the church, but u can't be cruising private jets while ur members don't have anything and u give them mantle and anointing oil to pour on their head and claim blessings, at least u should go out and help people like TB Joshua does, not to be giving flyers to people everyday on the street

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered Paying Tithes To Those Who Need Help? by richmond500: 8:03am On Jul 25, 2021
arthurwillia:
Pay tithe to God and help ngo the way you can
who is God?
I believe Jesus said, when u give to those who need, u have given to God.

11 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

RCCG 68th Annual & 1st Virtual Convention, 3-9 August, 2020 / Love Of Money Or Sexual Lust? Which Is More Difficult To Overcome? / 5 Bible Verses That Prove That God Hears Our Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.