Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,965 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church (940 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:21am On Jul 25, 2021
My First-Time Experience In A Living Faith Church

It also happened to be my last, as my first time experience wasn't one i would want to relive. To say i was disappointed would be an understatement, because I was expecting much more. I had just become born of the Spirit, not just saved, and I was seeking a church I could feel at home and become a part of, where I would be fed with the Words of the Spirit which I was used to.

But the word i heard was so uninspiring and depressing to my spirit, because It was more or less the words of the flesh not the Words of Spirit I was used to and brought up with. And since I was allergic to the words of the flesh, I just felt miserable and out of place during the course of the service.

It weighed heavily on my mind so much that at the end, being one of the new members who was asked to wait behind, i had to ask the coordinator some serious questions because i thought they were just preaching what people wanted to hear not what they needed to hear.

This was the headquarters church in Durumi, Abuja, in the year 2002, but if you saw the amount of people trouping into the church, you'd think that it's a good thing, but it's only when I got there, I got to know why, that it wasn't necessarily God or His Word drawing them to the church, but the things which appease their flesh which they were being fed with.

Hence when I see the sheer amount of people attending such churches, I no longer get moved, because people don't care about hearing the Word of God or the things they need to hear, but just give them what they want, and they would be falling over themselves.

Some of the members of the church have express similar concerns here in Nairaland, to show that this was not a personal thing, but what any spiritually sound person should notice.

I know that the leader of the church may not be diabolic as some other preachers, but if he truly be of God, he must needs address this issue to prove he really loves Jesus and cares about His sheep, because there's nothing that matters more to Jesus than the spiritual wellbeing of His sheep.

God bless.

https://www.nairaland.com/post/104080675

https://www.nairaland.com/post/104086316

https://www.nairaland.com/6667556/jesus-failure-because-many-disciples/2#104101445

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by BabbanBura(m): 8:27am On Jul 25, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
My First-Time Experience In A Living Faith Church

It also happened to be my last, as my first time experience wasn't one i would want to relive. To say i was disappointed would be an understatement, because I was expecting much more. I had just become born of the Spirit, not just saved, and I was seeking a church I could feel at home and become a part of, where I would be fed with the Words of the Spirit which I was used to.

But the word i heard was so uninspiring and depressing to my spirit, because It was more or less the words of the flesh not the Words of Spirit I was used to and brought up with. And since I was allergic to the words of the flesh, I just felt miserable and out of place during the course of the service.

It weighed heavily on my mind so much that at the end, being one of the new members who was asked to wait behind, i had to ask the coordinator some serious questions because i thought they were just preaching what people wanted to hear not what they needed to hear.

This was the headquarters church in Durumi, Abuja, in the year 2002, but if you saw the amount of people trouping into the church, you'd think that it's a good thing, but it's only when I got there, I got to know why, that it wasn't necessarily God or His Word drawing them to the church, but the things which appease their flesh which they were being fed with.

Hence when I see the sheer amount of people attending such churches, I no longer get moved, because people don't care about hearing the Word of God or the things they need to hear, but just give them what they want, and they would be falling over themselves.

Some of the members of the church have express similar concerns here in Nairaland, to show that this was not a personal thing, but what any spiritually sound person should notice.

I know that the leader of the church may not be diabolic as some other preachers, but if he truly be of God, he must needs address this issue to prove he really loves Jesus and cares about His sheep, because there's nothing that matters more to Jesus than the spiritual wellbeing of His sheep.

God bless.

Guy you actually made an accusation without stating specifically why you made these accusations. What was the experience you had to make you come to your assertions?

Note, I am not a supporter or fan of the church but don't just make baseless or unsubstantiated accusations against anyone!

2 Likes

Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:30am On Jul 25, 2021
BabbanBura:

Guy you actually made an accusation without stating specifically why you made these accusations. What was the experience you had to make you come to your assertions?

Note, I am not a supporter or fan of the church but don't just make baseless or unsubstantiated accusations against anyone!
Several members of the church here have expressed the same concerns about the word being preached there, that it doesn't edify their spirit, so it's not unfounded as you may think.
Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by lilvicky68(m): 8:31am On Jul 25, 2021
Well you can't conclude with just one visit..
And when I go to church I choose the one I like from the preaching and leave the rest..
I mustn't agree to all what the pastor is saying..

3 Likes

Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by AntiChristian: 8:35am On Jul 25, 2021
Hmmm
Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:37am On Jul 25, 2021
lilvicky68:
Well you can't conclude with just one visit..
And when I go to church I choose the one I like from the preaching and leave the rest..
I mustn't agree to all what the pastor is saying..
It was just one service but it was a typical message of a living faith church.

This has been confirmed by some of their church members here who expressed similar concerns, so it's not peculiar to me.

By the way, the man that preached that day was the one in charge there.
Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by Mrnakeina(m): 8:48am On Jul 25, 2021
Bros!
Quote this 'word of the flesh' or shut tfu!
Don't come here and post incomplete crap
Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:31pm On Jul 25, 2021
Mrnakeina:
Bros!
Quote this 'word of the flesh' or shut tfu!
Don't come here and post incomplete crap

https://www.nairaland.com/6667556/jesus-failure-because-many-disciples/1#104080675
Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by Angelmichael63: 1:02am On Jul 26, 2021
Hypocrite everywhere so u think u know the word of God better than everyone in winners chapel? You are a joke

Mtheeewwwww
Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:42am On Jul 26, 2021
Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by madegreatbygrace(m): 11:10am On Jul 26, 2021
quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=104065924]My First-Time Experience In A Living Faith Church

God bless.

You made your point, but must you state the name of the church?

If you noticed anything unedifying , why not go to your closet and pray that the eyes of their understanding be enlightened?

That they grow in wisdom and revelation of Christ.

Ask yourself, what would Jesus do?

1 Like

Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by Olaolufred(m): 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2021
From
Covenant day of Financial Exploits
to
Covenant day of Visitation
to
Covenant day of Fruitfulness
to
From Covenant day of Breakthrough
to
From Covenant day of turn around
to
From Covenant day of Liberty

All Manners of Covenant days.

52 of them in a year.

All messages about what to get from God to dominate the earth.

That is a church where prostitutes celebrates their profession successfully without being pricked in their hearts.

A church where they can shout Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen to prayers like "the Lord will multiply you, your business and enlarge your coast". That is a real good prayers for a prostitute.

Itchy ears meet hungry deceivers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2021
Angelmichael63:
Hypocrite everywhere so u think u know the word of God better than everyone in winners chapel? You are a joke

Mtheeewwwww

A very good example of why the Nigerian church is said to have missed it...is your reaction above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2021
madegreatbygrace:

You made your point, but must you state the name of the church?

If you noticed anything unedifying , why not go to your closet and pray that the eyes of their understanding be enlightened?

That they grow in wisdom and revelation of Christ.

Ask yourself, what would Jesus do?

Jesus most probably would not go to His closet to pray that prayer. Most probably would get a whip and kick all of them out of that place. With good reasons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Jesus most probably would not go to His closet to pray that prayer. Most probably would get a whip and kick all of them out of that place. With good reasons.
Don't mind that confused soul. Someone who despises the gospel of Christ preaching an Antichrist gospel. It's now he remembers what Christ would do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by madegreatbygrace(m): 9:32pm On Jul 26, 2021
quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=104123583] Don't mind that confused soul. Someone who despises the gospel of Christ preaching an Antichrist gospel. It's now he remembers what Christ would do

Maybe you should not tell us what the gospel of Christ is, and also the Antichrist “gospel“ using the Bible.

You’ll discover you’re more confused than confusion
Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:51am On Jul 27, 2021
Olaolufred:
From
Covenant day of Financial Exploits
to
Covenant day of Visitation
to
Covenant day of Fruitfulness
to
From Covenant day of Breakthrough
to
From Covenant day of turn around
to
From Covenant day of Liberty

All Manners of Covenant days.

52 of them in a year.

All messages about what to get from God to dominate the earth.

That is a church where prostitutes celebrates their profession successfully without being pricked in their hearts.

A church where they can shout Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen to prayers like "the Lord will multiply you, your business and enlarge your coast". That is a real good prayers for a prostitute.

Itchy ears meet hungry deceivers.
I really feel your hunger bro. It doesn't sound superficial but very real and deep.

When you speak, you seem to take words out of my mouth. You really know them.

The lengthy pronounced blessings and the thunderous amen that follow. It was one of the things I mentioned to the coordinator of new comers that day. I was like, wasn't it too much?

Any true child of God wouldn't rely on such pronouncements to be blessed because blessed are those who hear the Word of God and keep it.

It really pitiful that it's what the church has been reduced to. People that would live their life however they like every other day, and would just come to a church on Sunday and expect that just saying a loud amen to such prayers would be enough to save them. And the leaders that would keep encouraging them not to repent but continue in that way by giving them what they want.

May God have mercy on us for taking His mercy for granted.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First-time Experience In A Living Faith Church by thepartyforum(m): 9:27am On Jul 27, 2021
Hello,
I like to tell you about this initiative and platform.
Its a group of youths/ young singles and married intellectuals in different situations who's priorities is to help solve their relationship and spiritual issues.
Positively Affecting Relationships and Talented Youths (The PARTY Forum) help you take 'Simple steps to a happier life.'

Here we provide relationship and spiritual help you will rarely find anywhere else. At Positively Affecting Relationships & Talented Youths (PARTY) we help you to find clarity about your love illusions and solution to your life situation, so your relationship error rate can be eradicated or minimized. We assure you of no regrets if you stick with us and refer your friends.

Meetings shall be via Whatsapp, Google meet, facebook or physical gathering.

Interested youths and young adults between the age of 18-45 should DM me on this whatsapp number 08100044988 ASAP

...ENJOY YOUR STAY....�

(1) (Reply)

How Did You Become An Atheist / Pastor Chris Said God Showed Him The Winner Of The Presidential Election / Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.