Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses (56159 Views)

Why Are So Many Christians Against Jehovah Witnesses ? Why ? / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Sterope(f): 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
Very!
temitope27:
Putin is an insane being
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Ayo2004: 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2021
haddeylium:

Voting is a constitutional right of every citizen, most especially in a democratic form of government.
Jehovah’s Witnesses totally RESPECT this arrangement and they never cause any problems or obstacles for other people to freely exercise their right.
However, JWs around the world have decided to VOTE not for HUMAN government but GOD's government in HEAVEN

Jehovah’s Witnesses maintain their worldwide unity by remaining neutral for religious reasons. As many of you are aware politics is a great divider of nations and creates a huge disunity even among close friends.
Jehovah’s Witnesses are following the example of Jesus and his Apostles in remaining neutral in politics.
Jesus refused one of the highest positions in any government. Jehovah’s Witnesses follow this patternsad“John 6:15)
Early Christians were loyal to God’s Kingdom. So are Jehovah’s Witnessessad2 Corinthians 5:20)
Stop taking like a religous zombie void of any sense...
Allowing such teachings to propagate will lead to widespread political apathy which reduces national development
Any country can ban such movements
How can you tell people that it is right not to participate in the political matters that determine how well the society and economy will be during that political tenure?
I am 17 yet I don't know how adults can be stupid all in the name of religion

This Christianity that u people carry for head anyhow,doesn't it sound wrong to you that God allows one church to participate in political activities while He tells another not to?
Don't u guys realised that the churches of today invent doctrines to actualize their leaders selfish desires?
How can humans(including the well educated ones) be so gullible?

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:49pm On Jul 25, 2021
If you don't know then i'll take it as there is no evidence! smiley

Vireani79:

U want evidence
Read the bible
U will find enough
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
kayuseful:
Russia's government under Putin is not too different from the Chinese communist party.
If you're enjoying democracy as it should be, better thank God and seek to protect it at all costs. I have never seen any JW group that is forceful or violent. They won't force you to become their members, yet they're proscribed.
Anyway, time and time again, persecution ends up strengthening the church
While I think Russia's ban may be extreme,still you don't have to carry a gun for you to be pernicious.
For example,blood loss is the leading cause of maternal death.

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Fiscus105(m): 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
Emperorlanky:

Like Jesus did right?

The way Jesus ran away from Lazarus nah or go against ceasar.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Maximus85(m): 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2021
haddeylium:

Can you guarantee that Blood transfusion saves life?

Be careful of their planned arguments. Na because na Nigeria. Other developed countries are now carrying out bloodless treatments because of the side effects and dangers of blood transfusion. But here in Nigeria, they are so so backward.

Fact check: How many Jehovah's Witnesses have died because they refused blood?

How many non Witnesses are dying even after taking the blood.

My experience: Nigerian doctors will treat you without blood. But if you are not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, they won't even bother. That's the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2021
Please i've been seeing this moniker for long i never knew you are one of my brothers! smiley

My former account was Maximus69.
Glad to meet you my dearest brother! smiley

Maximus85:

Putin wants to be the next world power. But Jehovah's Witnesses according to the Bible are saying the present Anglo American world power will be the last word power in reference to that vision that Daniel saw.

So, the reason Putin hate Jehovah's Witnesses is so obvious.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by illmatic101(m): 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
haddeylium:

Does that make a group that refuse to carry arms and kill people an extremist?

JW’s also do not take up arms for other scriptural admonitions to be peaceable.We understand that learning how to kill and going to war to actually kill is at odds with Christian love.

Our Bible trained conscience didn't permit and it's unthinkable that a true Christian, obeying the authorities, grips a gun, aims at a stranger and blows his brains off.
The stranger could be our brother or sister in FAITH.

And it's not a question of cowardice. Many of us are imprisoned, tortured and even killed because of our unique faith as it is going on in RUSSIA currently and other countries

Is like you're not getting it. Russia is a communist state. Reach out to your brothers in China and get their own story.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
Sonnobax15:
undecided
In as much as I detest jehovah witnesses,I don't support this......As a matter of fact,I think this is an indirect fight against the whole of christianity......Na small small na....After dem don succeed pursue jehovah witnesses comot finish,dem go cor enter the other christians...

Wetin even concern me self....I'm just a holy pagan who believes in God..
The Russian Orthodox Church are actually the ones indirectly pulling the strings
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Freebirs(f): 6:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
May be they gat intelligence ,c.I.a is using them or suppression of idealogy but they is 4ckin freedom of religion e b like 2much vodka in take dor make Putin 4get dat
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Emperorlanky: 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2021
Franking:
I expect Jehova to fight for his people but guess what...they are on their own.

Not yet time. Just wait a little while longer...Psalm 37:9, 10.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Ayo2004: 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2021
Trustedpronet:

What have you gained from world politics? Any hope?
There is absolutely no benefit gained from your religous movement then.Most citizens from developed countries are enjoying because they VOTED good candidates with good intentions and potential.JW refuses to obey the law and preaches against normal duties of a citizen to the nation
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Fiscus105(m): 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2021
Trustedpronet:

What can you say about been in the world yet not part of the world?

Wen you are in government in u re part of the world right! But wen you don't belong but u do all sorts of immorality and atrocities you are not part of the world

I'm still looking for the day you shall know the truth, ur freedom is at hand that day

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2021
Russia is on the right track. No religion should be tolerated in this 21st century.

Nah only time e go take religion will be abolished entirely from this planet.
And if e tey too much, 4 generations from now, including the dark continent of Africa. undecided
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2021
harmony75:
The Bible have said it that we'll be persecuted why troubling the witness they're very peaceful fellowship. Well Russia is an Islamic country but it's a free world let the Jehovah witness be!
Lol Russia Islamic country smiley
You just say you must bring the Muslims into the equation to the extent of calling Russia Muslim country.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by maximunimpact(m): 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2021
haddeylium:

Can you guarantee that Blood transfusion saves life?

I don't have time for argument on blood, but Governing body are not scientists and they are not smarter than medical doctors
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by chloride6: 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2021
Lol JW have a doctrine that put religious affiliation above Nationalism.

For instance, they don't join the military etc..
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Emperorlanky: 6:56pm On Jul 25, 2021
Fiscus105:

The way Jesus ran away from Lazarus nah or go against ceasar.

He didn't sit with politicians just so they won't plan evil against him.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Trustedpronet: 6:57pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ayo2004:

There is absolutely no benefit gained from your religous movement then.Most citizens from developed countries are enjoying because they VOTED good candidates with good intentions and potential.JW refuses to obey the law and preaches against normal duties of a citizen to the nation

If you are still celebrating the current world conditions then sorry to tell you this....you are among those walking the earth with his eyes open yet sleeping deep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by lancdoz: 6:57pm On Jul 25, 2021
Jehovah Witness is a peaceful religion and I don't think they are by any means a threat to anybody. They only have their own beliefs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Maximus85(m): 6:57pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ayo2004:

Stop taking like a religous zombie void of any sense...
Allowing such teachings to propagate will lead to widespread political apathy which reduces national development
Any country can ban such movements
How can you tell people that it is right not to participate in the political matters that determine how well the society and economy will be during that political tenure?

This Christianity that u people carry for head anyhow,doesn't it sound wrong to you that God allows one church to participate in political activities while He tells another not to?
Don't u guys realised that the churches of today invent doctrines to actualize their leaders selfish desires?
How can humans(including the well educated ones) be so gullible?

We are not of this world before nau?
Has development changed anything? Think about it. Why are citizens of developed countries trooping under developed countries. Has development stopped old age, sickness and death. Why didn't development prevented Covid-19? Who development help sef?

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Minjim: 6:57pm On Jul 25, 2021
Later some fools will be comparing Russia and China to U.S.

Russia that's not a Democratic country.

This is even worst in China. I have a Chinese friend that ran to South Korea because she's being prosecuted for her religion. She even have to change her real name
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by UncommonLogic: 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2021
Russia just trying to prevent the sorts of rubbish that's all over Nigeria and Africa. Business centers they call churches.
Rubbish trash.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by IMAliyu(m): 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2021
kayuseful:
Russia's government under Putin is not too different from the Chinese communist party.
If you're enjoying democracy as it should be, better thank God and seek to protect it at all costs. I have never seen any JW group that is forceful or violent. They won't force you to become their members, yet they're proscribed.
Anyway, time and time again, persecution ends up strengthening the church
And I see ignorant contrarians on here that praise Russia and Putin, simply because they hate America.
The western idea of freedom and democracy may not be perfect, but it damn sure is better than the alternatives.

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Minjim: 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2021
chloride6:
Lol JW have a doctrine that put religious affiliation above Nationalism.

For instance, they don't join the military etc..

“I knew if I ever once compromised, I was gonna be in trouble,because if you can compromise once, you can compromise again.”
—Desmond Doss

A JW in U.S joined the Military as a combat medic, and even went to the war front.
He was twice awarded the Bronze Star Medal for actions in Guam and the Philippines. Doss further distinguished himself in the Battle of Okinawa by saving 75 men, becoming the only conscientious objector to receive the Medal of Honor for his actions during the war.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Doss#:~:text=Desmond%20Thomas%20Doss%20(February%207,in%20Guam%20and%20the%20Philippines.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Trustedpronet: 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2021
Fiscus105:

Wen you are in government in u re part of the world right! But wen you don't belong but u do all sorts of immorality and atrocities you are not part of the world

I'm still looking for the day you shall know the truth, ur freedom is at hand that day

Not been part of the world includes abstinence from politics, imorallity, lieing, cheating, spiritism, killing, gay and lesbianism, false prophecies etc. It is not limited to politics.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by worlexy(m): 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2021
Trustedpronet:

Kindly Google about those that was infected with dangerous diseases through blood transfusion. The world is confuse that they can't deferentiat between good and evil.
Google those that have choked and died while eating, does that mean we should stop eating?

Google those that have died from drug reactions does that mean we should stop taking drugs?

Google those that have died from natural disaster, does that mean we should all run away from the earth?

Few have died from infections and complications of blood transfusion compared to millions that have been saved with transfusion of blood and blood products.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by haddeylium(m): 7:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
maximunimpact:

I don't have time for argument on blood, but Governing body are not scientists and they are not smarter than medical doctors

JWs do not refuse good medical help. These web sites may be of interest to you from a medical point of view

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/should-anyone-be-given-a-blood-transfusion

http://www.abc.net.au/health/features/stories/2015/08/04/4286400.htm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC137267/#__ffn_sectitle

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00400192

Thanks for your time
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by RussellRutherfo: 7:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
DappaD:

MORE ON:
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/International/russias-mysterious-campaign-jehovahs-witnesses/story?id=78629389&id=78629389&__twitter_impression=true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLFTXMErU2Q

How is the WatchTower Governing Body- 8-Men Realtors different from the Russian government? Destroying families through Shunning and Disfellowshipment and practically refusing fathers from talking to even their disfellowshiped children or family members.

Guys, don't fall for this cheap propaganda against the Russian government by the JW organization, a cult mind control group posing as a Christian group. Do you know how many suicides have happened as result of this shunning and disfellowship evil practices by the JW self appointed rulers called the Governing Body?!!

Do you know how many lives have been donated by the JW organization to Satan by refusing the sanctity of life by many who would have been saved by blood transfusion while they engage in anti-government propaganda everywhere to claim otherwise.

How many of you remember the live of that JW girl that was saved as a result of the Lagos State government that the cult mind control group, JW calls evil forcefully using the law to save that girl through blood transfusion:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/lasg-jehovahs-witnesses-clash-over-blood-transfusion-for-baby/%3famp

Imagine, if Lagos State government had not done their part to save that life using the Lagos State government laws. That girl would have sent to Hell by the JW organization, a satanic charlatan lying organization sending many to Hell while claiming victim. This is the kind of thing that they do to the Russia government. Their propaganda no be today. I will show you guys. They castigate Christendom, acted like they castigated Hitler and Nazi while their sole discreet god and slave, Judge Rutherford was writing secret letters to Hitler and was a Jew Hater himself appluading Hitler.

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by haddeylium(m): 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ayo2004:

Because you're a TEEN, I understand that you're still fighting hormonal changes and imbalance. Keep your emotions in check, you don't need to clock 18 before you become an ADULT and contribute like one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by chloride6: 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2021
Minjim:

A JW in U.S joined the Military and even went to the war front. He rescued more than a hundred soldiers and never fired a single bullet.
How do you explain that?

What has that got to do with JW doctrine? Besides, you need to provide proof of your claims (simply for informative purposes). They seem superficial.

JW forbid military service and allegiance to the state. This is widely known and not denied even by the JW. See below,

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/why-dont-jw-go-to-war/
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Fiscus105(m): 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2021
Trustedpronet:

Not been part of the world includes abstinence from politics, imorallity, lieing, cheating, spiritism, killing, gay and lesbianism, false prophecies etc. It is not limited to politics.

Show me a Jehovah witness who abstains from above listed, I will show you a city without a single sinner.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts As Remi Tinubu Is Ordained As RCCG Pastor / Apostle Chibuzor Gift Chinyere: A Homeless Man Turned General Overseer / T.B Joshua's New Vision About Buhari, Nigeria: "Pray For President Buhari"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.