Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,704 members, 7,805,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date (21582 Views)

New Naira Notes: Senate Asks CBN To Extend January 31 Deadline; Emefiele Refuses / October 31 Deadline Is Not Feasible As 140 Million Nigerians Yet To Get NIN / New Minimum Wage: FG Reacts To Labour’s December 31 Deadline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by adenigga(m): 10:07am On Jul 25, 2021
The deadline for linking the national identity numbers to SIM cards in Nigeria has been shifted again.

The deadline, which was to come into effect on Sunday, has now been extended by three months to October 31.

The decision to extend the deadline was made following a request by stakeholders to accommodate registration in hard-to-reach remote areas, foreigners and diplomatic missions, diaspora and address low enrolments in schools and hospitals, as evidenced by enrolment statistics.

It also followed a review of the progress of the exercise which indicated significant progress hence the need to consolidate the gains of the enrolment and NIN-SIM verification process across the country.

A statement signed by both the Director of Public Affairs, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Dr. Ike Adinde and Head of Corporate Communications, NIMC, Kayode Adegoke on Sunday, disclosed that as of July 24th, there are over 5,500 enrolment systems within and outside the country and this would significantly ease the NIN enrolment process and subsequent linkage of NIN to SIM.

The statement noted that the administration that the Nigerian government approved the extension as part of efforts to make it easier for its citizens within and outside the country, and legal residents to obtain the NIN and it is important to take advantage of the extension.

The NIN-SIM linkage also makes it easier for the security agencies to carry out their statutory duties and the relevant parastatals under the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy are supporting them as required.

They explained in the statement that there are now a total of 59.8 million unique NIN enrolments, with an average of three to four SIMs per NIN.

With the great number of enrolment centres within and outside the country, and many more coming up, every citizen, legal residents and Nigerians living in the diaspora should be able to obtain their NINs.

According to the statement, the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, on behalf of the Federal Government commends the Kano State government and other states that have made NINs a key requirement for school enrolments and access to other important services.

It was also noted that the use of NIN in the process of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) exam significantly reduced instances of exam malpractice.

Nigerian Communications Commission boss Prof Umar Garba Dambatta, and the director-general and CEO of the National Identity Management Commission, Engr Aliyu Azeez, urged citizens and legal residents to make sure they use the opportunity to complete the process of enrolment and verification before the October 31st deadline.
Source: https://guardian.ng/NIN-SIM-linkage-deadline-gets-new-date

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by cybersoldiers: 10:08am On Jul 25, 2021
Observing from Galilee.

Terrorist government.

136 Likes 13 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by Bedtec: 10:10am On Jul 25, 2021
nobody get there time again

129 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by Mokason288(m): 10:15am On Jul 25, 2021
This government is useless

I regret joining a long queue

Waited hours

And made to part with 3k last year

Just to have a foolish NIN that I’m sure that Terrorist has handed over to his people

166 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by esnbrutality: 10:19am On Jul 25, 2021
What they want to achieve is dead on arrival...

Just imagine a Government and region that prides it self, as that, with the biggest population.

Just imagine a Government that effectively distributes Voters cards to Children to vote, whereas in the South "foolish" adults dont have the same voters card.

Now this same government has a very tactic arrangement geared towards obtaining your BIO-METRIC DATA through your phone number.

The question should be this, why didnt the useless Government use the BVN nomenclature for detailed and concise capturing of peoples details??

Be rest assured that this Government has terrorist affiliations and its so sad that SOPHISTICATED people supported a terrorist government just to spite IGBO people!!...even though IGBO people arent in Power!!

Its just a pity..but IGBO REMAIN resolute...people with the LORD ALMIGHTY conquer all.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 10:28am On Jul 25, 2021
Mokason288:
This government is useless

I regret joining a long queue

Waited hours

And made to part with 3k last year

Just to have a foolish NIN that I’m sure that Terrorist has handed over to his people
grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by temitope27(m): 10:28am On Jul 25, 2021
It will still be extended until buhari leave, and I will do no fucking NIN

136 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by ignis: 10:33am On Jul 25, 2021
They will keep extending it...

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by Whitecoal711: 10:34am On Jul 25, 2021
Jokers,
Very very unserious bunch of gays

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by FoolaniHellman: 10:36am On Jul 25, 2021
NIN- Not Interested in Nigeria!

187 Likes 18 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by eveninnewspaper: 10:38am On Jul 25, 2021
Kikikiki...infinity extension grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by Arda1000(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2021
grin one minutes laugh for those who wasted their time money and efforts in the name of linking their sim to Nigeria government grin

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by Jostoman: 10:40am On Jul 25, 2021

7 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by orikoku: 10:48am On Jul 25, 2021
I will still not go for the registration. If Una like make the deadline tomorrow.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by Vickym1(f): 10:53am On Jul 25, 2021
If u've not registered your Nin yet... Say hi

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by adenigga(m): 10:55am On Jul 25, 2021
orikoku:
I will still not go for the registration. If Una like make the deadline tomorrow.

Yeah! My Nigga......

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by jlinkd78(m): 11:14am On Jul 25, 2021
Noted
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by FarahAideed: 11:18am On Jul 25, 2021
I am not giving my data to Islamic Terrorists!!!!!

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by Pidginwhisper: 11:33am On Jul 25, 2021
Deadline no dey end for Naija. We no dey do NIN. Patani wan sell data give terrorists

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by Thinktwicemybro: 11:33am On Jul 25, 2021
NIN should become a criteria to register Facebook and Google account and I bet you fraud will go down by 99%

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 25, 2021
So assuming it's time for my son (future tense) to own a phone, and he has no SIM and no NIN, which would he do first?

angry

Edit: from the replies, NIN comes first. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by Wassapviews: 11:34am On Jul 25, 2021
New Day, New Deadline cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by sylve11: 11:34am On Jul 25, 2021
Lastma lastma we go dey alright. cool

1 Like

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by christejames(m): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2021
We the stubborn Nigerians are waiting for their worse...

15 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by blinking001(m): 11:35am On Jul 25, 2021
This is commendable. Y'all should get your SIMs registered to avoid being disconnected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by maximunimpact(m): 11:36am On Jul 25, 2021
grin
Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by FuckHomophobes: 11:37am On Jul 25, 2021
grin

Naso una go shift am till Jesus comes. Werey people. Instead of you guys to open registration and buying of Sims. Nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by potbelly(m): 11:37am On Jul 25, 2021
They will continue to shift deadline till Buhari leaves aso rock

4 Likes

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by stardom2015(m): 11:37am On Jul 25, 2021
I won't do mine until that start hawking it for #100 on the street

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN-SIM Linkage Gets October 31 Deadline Date by Naijanascam: 11:37am On Jul 25, 2021
Simply make it 29th May 2023

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranked Fourth On Global Terrorism Index / Fayose Needs A Psychiatric Doctor- Igbokwe / How President Goodluck Jonathan Unwinds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.