Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,517 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

How Did You Get HIV? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Did You Get HIV? (3931 Views)

How Much Does It Cost To Get HIV Test Done / He Is Spreading HIV, Am I To Blame? / Zimbabwe Man Accuses Girlfriend Of Giving Him HIV, Leaks Her Sex Video & Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Get HIV? by Lostchild(m): 11:39pm On Jul 25, 2021
Anonymos
Answered Saturday, September 22, 2018

I got infected in 2006 when I was 18 and just about to finish my high school, looking forward to uni the following year... My then boyfriend who was way older than me and who probably knew infected me...

I could want to blame him for this, but I had a responsibility to make sure we either get tested before we have unprotected sex... But I didn't... And it cost me big time...

I could also try to justify the circumstances that led me to make such a decision to even date and older guy... Let alone give him my virginity... Before then I had only dated guys my age and we had not gone past the stolen kisses and occasional stolen moments of intimacy... Then I met this guy... Older guy... Exactly 24 years older than I am...

He seemed so mature and loving unlike the younger boys I had dated... He was even willing to help my sister move to his country to get a job... I think that's part of the reason why I thought he was worth giving my virginity... And boy was I wrong...

We did the deed a few times.... Now that I am older and wiser there wasn't really much to it... But to an 18year old experienced girl it was everything... Soon afterwards he became distant and I had a painful breakup... No reasons why and no closure... Just him distancing himself and that was it...

5 months later my high school results were out and I had passed so I could proceed to university to study law... I remember one day walking past the hiv counseling and testing center I decided to walk in and get tested... Not that I was ill.. Far from it... I just felt compeled to and I got the shock of my life... Imagine being 18 And hiv positive!

I went to my mom's work and cried my eyes out, we both did... Thereafter we called my late sister who had already migrated to the other country after this guy had helped her... We all cried and something prepared me and I immediately accepted my fate...

I would sometimes have moments of rage... I even questioned the existance of a God who would allow something like this to happen... I felt sorry for my mom who single handedly raised us after my dad passed on when I was 5...

This totally messed up whatever relationships I had thereafter.... How do you open up and tell someone... Talk about the stigma that surrounding this virus... I wondered if I would ever get married... Have kids... Lead a normal life.. Worse still my mom could not afford my university fees so I had to set aside dreams of ever becoming a lawyer and have to move to the other country where was sister was and look for menial jobs....

I eventually met my husband in 2011 who accepted me as I was although it hasn't been easy... My husband and both my kids are hiv negative.. All thanks to the ART treatment... My viral load is undetectable... I look after myself well and if I didn't tell you you'd never know... I take my meds religiously...

In the past I have had days when my husband would rub it in my face that I am high positive and he is not... The real circumstances that led me to this virus he doesn't know... It hurt so much at first... But now not as much and he has since stopped using that to hurt me... This year I'll be 31 and living positively for 13 years... I have also decided to go back to university and get that law degree

https://www.quora.com/How-did-you-get-HIV

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by Lostchild(m): 11:43pm On Jul 25, 2021
I did a lot of research and I saw too many heart breaking stories of how lot of people got infected with HIV. I feel compelled to share this here because all of our youth no longer cares about HIV or fear AIDS anymore

With the extreme immoral society or heavily sexed women and men every where, fear dey grip me any time I think of sex

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by angelEmade: 3:48am On Jul 26, 2021
Wow
Re: How Did You Get HIV? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 6:52am On Jul 26, 2021
HIV is real. You can't be too careful enough.
Get a personal clipper ( cost just 6k to 7k), avoid sharing sharp objects. If you are the type that patronize those aboki cutting nails, buy a razor for them to use for your nail. It will cost you less than treating hiv

Avoid brothels and unprotected sex with random men/women. Stick to a single honest partner . It will cost you less than treating HIV

Peradventure you still contact HIV, it's not the end of life... We are just some steps away from finding a cure.. Do well not to infect others knowingly

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by josh123(m): 7:04am On Jul 26, 2021
Condom na my paddy untop fucck matter
Re: How Did You Get HIV? by Quality20(m): 7:07am On Jul 26, 2021
if not for d normalisation of immoralities, including fornication/adultery, why would ppl be getting these evil diseases? Well I commend u for ur boldness, many l ladies are out there who dare not tell their parents their status and neither can they accept proposals from men

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by Quality20(m): 7:08am On Jul 26, 2021
josh123:
Condom na my paddy untop fucck matter
fornication matters or all kinds of phuck both illicit n otherwise?
Re: How Did You Get HIV? by Divoc19(f): 8:41am On Jul 26, 2021
If I was hiv positive, I would have become a celebrity by helping and identifying with other positive victims too.

I know a few positive people who are still hiding their status after many years and others, married with kids.

HIV is not bad!

It's takes a little adjustment that's all.

The everyday pill is given by our government hospital for free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by Vyzz: 8:54am On Jul 26, 2021
cool

God forbid...

I don't know why this word Don dey show days after I made out with a girl

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by TheWolfen(m): 11:48am On Jul 26, 2021
Play safe and be free from STDs or don't play at all the better.
I have no such experience to share
Re: How Did You Get HIV? by CsRockefeller(m): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2021
Had a HIV scare last month. Slept with this call girl without condom after the first round.

Never will I go down with any lady if I don't know her sex history, HIV status and STD status. Infact, I jettisoned one invite last week because the lady hasn't done these tests.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by livingchrist: 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2021
Divoc19:
If I was hiv positive, I would have become a celebrity by helping and identifying with other positive victims too.

I know a few positive people who are still hiding their status after many years and others, married with kids.

HIV is not bad!

@ bolded pure lie HIV is bad, flee from pre marital sex.
All this evil things are out there because human beings refuse to obey God.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by Quality20(m): 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2021
CsRockefeller:
Had a HIV scare last month. Slept with this call girl without condom after the first round.

Never will I go down with any lady if I don't know her sex history, HIV status and STD status. Infact, I jettisoned one invite last week because the lady hasn't done these tests.
isn't it stress free to abstain n have peace of mind? What kind of rubbish evil desire pushes u guys to disorbey ur lord, even when u have not been bared from sex, but only forbidden from fornication/adultery and all illicit affairs only?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by livingchrist: 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2021
CsRockefeller:

Is it not better to abandon such life style which has this type of risk! HIV is just one of the consequences of premarital sex, there are others

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by ImaIma1(f): 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2021
CsRockefeller:

Skin to skin will not kill you. Call girl? You are your problem my brother.
Re: How Did You Get HIV? by CsRockefeller(m): 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2021
ImaIma1:

Skin to skin will not kill you. Call girl? You are your problem my brother.

Perhaps I used the wrong word. She's just a normal average Nigerian lady learning a skill or in school that decided to trade something for something which many ladies do, same ladies who are in relationships, some are even well respected at church or work.

My dear, whether I call her call girl or my girlfriend, it doesn't make any difference.

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by CsRockefeller(m): 1:05pm On Jul 26, 2021
Quality20:
isn't it stress free to abstain n have peace of mind? What kind of rubbish evil desire pushes u guys to disorbey ur lord, even when u have not been bared from sex, but only forbidden from fornication/adultery and all illicit affairs only?

What lifestyle? That you've found a way to control your raving hormones doesn't make you the standard. I'm not a womaniser and I don't go about having sex with different people, but like any other biological need it came and I did what an average person would do though, I'm not proud of my action, but I will not be vilified either.

livingchrist:
Is it not better to abandon such life style which has this type of risk! HIV is just one of the consequences of premarital sex, there are others

It's not a lifestyle to me. It happened and I have taken steps to avoid a reoccurrence. Nevertheless, should my body decide to act funny again, I am well armed with knowledge on what to do.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by ImaIma1(f): 1:10pm On Jul 26, 2021
CsRockefeller:

Perhaps I used the wrong word. She's just a normal average Nigerian lady learning a skill or in school that decided to trade something for something which many ladies do, same ladies who are in relationships, some are even well respected at church or work.

My dear, whether I call her call girl or my girlfriend, it doesn't make any difference.

Exactly! Call girl or good girl, protect yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by rex444(m): 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2021
Aswear,go to naimr around that yaba axis early in the mornings....or FMCs then U will be shocked at the population carriers
Re: How Did You Get HIV? by CursedNsukka: 2:22pm On Jul 26, 2021
Divoc19:

HIV is not bad!

Easier said, get it first then you will know how far

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by Divoc19(f): 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2021
We have more deadly diseases...HIV is so hyped because it has to do with the art of making tongue
CursedNsukka:

Easier said, get it first then you will know how far
Re: How Did You Get HIV? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2021
Hmmmm
Thankfully I'm not infected but I'm still very careful with myself. My mom always advise me against unprotected sex, she will say
"If you get pregnant, you'll give birth to the baby but if you get infected with any sexual disease especially HIV then you'll have to live with it all of your life".

I've only been with just one man, and I'm always careful with him and the way he interact with girls.

I'm a scared baby....

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by chinchonglee(m): 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2021
Men are fools sha..
How did your husband got married to you when he knows you are HIV positive?

A woman wouldn't do that if reverse was the case.
My gender tho!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by CursedNsukka: 7:13pm On Jul 26, 2021
Divoc19:
We have more deadly diseases...HIV is so hyped because it has to do with the art of making tongue
Like I said get it first then we can talk about what you're saying
Re: How Did You Get HIV? by Jesterinjay: 8:32pm On Jul 26, 2021
Vyzz:
cool

God forbid...

I don't know why this word Don dey show days after I made out with a girl
Na call to repentance grin
Re: How Did You Get HIV? by Divoc19(f): 8:35pm On Jul 26, 2021
[s]That's why I can't be an activist for them. Because they and people like you will sound me off .[/s] sad

Ok then. I wait. But if it's not God's plan undecided

CursedNsukka:

Like I said get it first then we can talk about what you're saying
Re: How Did You Get HIV? by CursedNsukka: 8:37pm On Jul 26, 2021
Divoc19:
[s]That's why I can't be an activist for them. Because they and people like you will sound me off .[/s] sad

Ok then. I wait. But if it's not God's plan undecided

It will be his plan for u to get it
Re: How Did You Get HIV? by Divoc19(f): 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2021
grin grin grin
This guy ehn

Forget science. Let science breath sometimes.
Some people have stronger immune system.
CursedNsukka:

It will be his plan for u to get it
Re: How Did You Get HIV? by CursedNsukka: 8:43pm On Jul 26, 2021
Divoc19:
grin grin grin
This guy ehn

Forget science. Let science breath sometimes.
Some people have stronger immune system.
Lol, the only way you can prove it to us is by getting it first
Re: How Did You Get HIV? by Ombudsman1: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2021
SIN IS VERY EXPENSIVE. BEST BELIEVE
Re: How Did You Get HIV? by YungMillionaire: 12:05am On Jul 27, 2021
Ombudsman1:
SIN IS VERY EXPENSIVE. BEST BELIEVE

Nonsense. What about people that get it from sharp objects. Not everything is about sin. Your brain is filled with sawdust.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Get HIV? by Ombudsman1: 12:57am On Jul 27, 2021
YungMillionaire:

Nonsense. What about people that get it from sharp objects. Not everything is about sin. Your brain is filled with sawdust.

The work your lousy father, mother, aunties , uncle's, relatives, grandfather, grandmother etc failed to do when you were a toddler is the very reason you've turned out this way; bitter, resentful and a piece of crap. For you, hope exists NOT!

But now, here's your one chance to set right what they all failed to do. A Glock 9, placed firmly on your temple with the trigger pressed briskly should put you out of this life-long misery. Take my word for it son.

Your father committed a SIN, an expensive one. YOU.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bbnaija Angel Goes Unclad At Jacuzzi Party / My First Child Is All Grown Up Now - Photos / Ladies No Man Will Respect You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.