Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Aregbesola Decries Declining Interest Of Younger Generation In Library, Learning - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Decries Declining Interest Of Younger Generation In Library, Learning (7256 Views)

Throwback Video Of Peter Obi Declining When Mbaka Asked Him For Money / 2023: My Ambition Driven By Younger Generation's Interest - Peter Obi / 2023: I Expect Younger Generation To Rescue Nigeria - IBB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aregbesola Decries Declining Interest Of Younger Generation In Library, Learning by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 26, 2021
Prince001:

Oh na u sees it. Do u know Nigerians not given same opportunities like Chinese, türkisch and Co in Naija?
Do u know that at Airport all those people will be passing us while we the citizen will be standing on d queue for passport check and so on. Don't let me start with harassment Nigerians have to go thru by customs and immigration but they let foreigners goes freely.
The same Nigerian won't empower their youth but they rather help foreigner to achieve their goals thru banking!!!!! The rest go figure!!!!!!!

First of all, you must realise foreigners would not be here in huge numbers making a fortune if Nigerians are themselves taking advantages of the vast opportujities available in our Country.

While your point is valid about foreigners getting an easier ride, the reality is that Nigerians still fall short because we prefer to make excuses for always wanting to flee rather than put in the hard work to overcome obstacles preventing us being the masters of our own destiny in our country.

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Decries Declining Interest Of Younger Generation In Library, Learning by ddeola: 10:46am On Jul 26, 2021
Because the older generation RUBBISHED EVERYTHING . undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Aregbesola Decries Declining Interest Of Younger Generation In Library, Learning by Bluntemperor: 11:29am On Jul 26, 2021
MadamVanessa:
What's the need of one wasting time in the liberary when one can use his or her gadgets to source for materials online at the comfort of his/her room. There are alot of Ebooks, PDFs , textbooks on playstore etc etc, also you can register with some online libraries that you can.easily access whatever material you want and as many as you want.

This is not 50's , 60's , 70's , 80's , 90's and early 2000's, this is 2021. Things have changed and will continue to change more. Some change for bad, some change for good. But this very one is a good one.

He has nothing to offer.
Just always where he can tell us more about relayed religious pomposity.
Nothing else. Let him reel out what he has achieved since he came to Office. Remember,he said a lot about Nigeria e-Passport in 774 Local Govt Areas.
See you in 2024,after Elections!
Re: Aregbesola Decries Declining Interest Of Younger Generation In Library, Learning by kunle75(m): 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2021
OneTemplate:

Lol. You can keep living in denial if you want. Aregbe worked hard from humble beginnings to win despite the reality of his own difficult days as a Nigeria youth .

He is a winner today even if you only wish to insult him while the reality remains that you may never get as far as he has in life.

The truth is that most Nigerian youths are lazy, distracted and focused on the wrong interests/pursuits.

Outstanding young Nigerians continue to do well. That is a fact many of you don't want to accept because your general knowledge and analytical intellect is very poor.

You guys are just not broadly robust enough intellectually to accept the reality of your own country and personal situation.

If not, you would accept there is very limited opportunities to make many, many, many millions of very rigid and unreasonable young folks, who refuse to think outside the box , professionally fulfilled and gainfully employed.

Agriculture is a local and international gold mine yet how many Nigerian youth will ever accept is as a viable first option instead of something they must literally be forced into at gunpoint?

You all want to wear suits up and down, drive company cars and work in banks or for top companies.

How many of such opportunities do you ignorant young people assume exists in Nigeria?

Yes the goverment is fcking up and falling short but you all should look at yourselves too and how much of a lazy generation, always wanting to be spoonfed, you really are.

You guys are not creative or innovative. Few of you think outside the box. Yet you all have an entitlement mentality. Una go suffer die bro. Real talk.

Well I don't need to dignify you with much responds,but the same person you are writing this epistle on behalf, am not sure give a Bleep about you yourself, I am self made for your information and at 40s by the grace of God I was made,and about to retire and enjoy the rest of my of life .

Before, you respond to me ,please be honest to ask yourself of the various past initiatives been put in place by past leaders to help the youth achieve their full potentials, how many are still existing today?

The various economic indices that will drive growth and naturally gravitate youth towards a forward thinking society are non-existence.
I will not throw away the bath water with the baby,by agreeing that some of your points are valid about our youths.

Security and other basic infrastructures are almost moribund.

But,all over the world things are moving faster and forward because their leaders are doing something not just talking.
Re: Aregbesola Decries Declining Interest Of Younger Generation In Library, Learning by seyz91(m): 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2021
Re: Aregbesola Decries Declining Interest Of Younger Generation In Library, Learning by Prince001(m): 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2021
OneTemplate:

First of all, you must realise foreigners would not be here in huge numbers making a fortune if Nigerians are themselves taking advantages of the vast opportujities available in our Country.

While your point is valid about foreigners getting an easier ride, the reality is that Nigerians still fall short because we prefer to make excuses for always wanting to flee rather than put in the hard work to overcome obstacles preventing us being the masters of our own destiny in our country.

If there's opportunity trust me there won't be excuses. Let me use mine as an example. I got 242,268 and 280 in my jamb result I tried to get to university unfortunately for me I never succeeded cos I didn't know anyone. Later I managed to get work then I decided to go abroad when I got to abroad I did some labourer job due to my stay paper process, after I got my German passport I didn't deviated from my initial plan to study. I got admission to university in London at d age of 33 years after I finished my study I'm working as IT System administrator in automotive company. Imagine someone going to university at my age in Naija what's the chance of the person getting job. Cos whenever I look job description in Naija I know someone like me will just be useless cos of the age limit on the job advertisement unless I know someone. Mind u it was after I finished my study in London that I came bk to Germany. I got job at the age 40yrs without knowing anyone. Is that possible in Naija? If one person is making it out of 1000 that's not good thing and that's what some of u seems to forget.
People are not lazy, it's just there are less and less opportunities to prosper with current Naija situation!
Re: Aregbesola Decries Declining Interest Of Younger Generation In Library, Learning by HottieCoach(f): 11:02pm On Jul 26, 2021
Cti28:

Books that are less relevant or completely irrelevant.

and you’re sure there are books that are Completely irrelevant
Re: Aregbesola Decries Declining Interest Of Younger Generation In Library, Learning by Cti28(m): 11:06pm On Jul 26, 2021
HottieCoach:

and you’re sure there are books that are Completely irrelevant
Yes. You can only get information from such books, but in comparison to how the world has advanced technologically, they are irrelevant.
Re: Aregbesola Decries Declining Interest Of Younger Generation In Library, Learning by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 27, 2021
Prince001:

If there's opportunity trust me there won't be excuses. Let me use mine as an example. I got 242,268 and 280 in my jamb result I tried to get to university unfortunately for me I never succeeded cos I didn't know anyone. Later I managed to get work then I decided to go abroad when I got to abroad I did some labourer job due to my stay paper process, after I got my German passport I didn't deviated from my initial plan to study. I got admission to university in London at d age of 33 years after I finished my study I'm working as IT System administrator in automotive company. Imagine someone going to university at my age in Naija what's the chance of the person getting job. Cos whenever I look job description in Naija I know someone like me will just be useless cos of the age limit on the job advertisement unless I know someone. Mind u it was after I finished my study in London that I came bk to Germany. I got job at the age 40yrs without knowing anyone. Is that possible in Naija? If one person is making it out of 1000 that's not good thing and that's what some of u seems to forget.
People are not lazy, it's just there are less and less opportunities to prosper with current Naija situation!

Welldone to you and more blessings. Still you are not everybody. I have already admitted the government is failing. We must continue to work and hope for better governance in future.

Yet you cannot deny thhat the orientation and focus of many Nigerian youths is wrong and unhelpful to their personal struggle to better themselves.

Once again congratulations bro. Your story is encouraging anf heart-warming.
Re: Aregbesola Decries Declining Interest Of Younger Generation In Library, Learning by Prince001(m): 11:26am On Jul 27, 2021
OneTemplate:

Welldone to you and more blessings. Still you are not everybody. I have already admitted the government is failing. We must continue to work and hope for better governance in future.

Yet you cannot deny thhat the orientation and focus of many Nigerian youths is wrong and unhelpful to their personal struggle to better themselves.

Once again congratulations bro. Your story is encouraging anf heart-warming.

Tnx for kind ur words.That orientation and focus u are absolutely right. Most of them want to be rich without working thats why many turn to religion while doing bad things to be rich same time. its good to be rich but as for me i want to live comfortable but if riches come with it thats lovely!
Re: Aregbesola Decries Declining Interest Of Younger Generation In Library, Learning by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
ayo2008:

I differ on your submission
The advancement in technology has not in any way diminish the role of the library. is unfortunate government attitude to establishment and maintenance of libraries across the nation is poor. Go to developed countries in the world you will know library is not outdated. Library remains the intellectual memory of any society

in the west, libraries are free, most have free internet and free use of computer... you cant compare libraries in the west to the ones in Nigeria....furthermore, even in the west, unless for studying purposes, many dont go as much in libraries any longer....thanks to the COMPUTER/INTERNET/MOBILE PHONE era we live in.... aka any book you want you can get off the internet, no need to waste time going into a library.
Re: Aregbesola Decries Declining Interest Of Younger Generation In Library, Learning by kunle75(m): 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2021
Prince001:

Thanks,your story is almost like mine,I got a high end job here in the state at age 46yrs without having to get a recommendation letter or kick back from anyone.
I do not deviate from my plans too and was lucky to learn something about renewable energy and still learning,just a little tweak in my career and that was it.
Am planning to attend a confectionary school soon to learn new things and start my own food processing business,as part of my retirement plans.
How will this be possible in Nigeria of today judging from my background as a poor village boy with just a dream.
Imagine if I have same opportunity at early stage in life,am retiring any moment soon.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi Demands Inclusion For Nigerians Living With Disabilities / Vandalism Worsen Grid Collapse As Gas Shortage Slashes Power Supply / LSHA Gives Fashola Go Ahead To Donate $1M To Haiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.