Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Getting Over Addictions.. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Getting Over Addictions.. (48696 Views)

The Science Of Getting Over Depression / How To Win Over Addictions This Lockdown / My Addictions To Betting, Masturbation, Pepsi Will Soon Kill Me. I'm Sure! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by emmanwandud(m): 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2021
Oh God see ppl with thier addiction, please let your mighty hand reign supreme in thier life’s and leg them know your the healer of infirmities and addictions through Jesus Christ I pray

11 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Toks2008(m): 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Can't really place. A finger on what am lacking...

Am not lacking money... Not lacking shelter not lacking food but I still feel empty

You might not get what am trying to pass across

Sweet heart, trust me on this... That emptiness can only be filled by Jesus.

You will be amazed.

7 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by PAWG(m): 8:40pm On Aug 04, 2021
waywardpikin:

I consider myself a highly-functional junkie. It helps me to cope with the vicissitudes of life especially in obodo Lagos. Why I no go high, na me create myself? Life hard abeg. The problem begins when you begin to feel guilty about the act or when you start to over-indulge to the point where it starts to affect your life. I suspect you are guilty of both.

I just wish I could stop smoking these damned cigarettes and at the same time, I don't want to stop. But I must!

What a conundrum.

What’s worse than drug and alcohol addiction is when you add gambling to it cry

It’s rare to find boys and girls that grew and schooled in Abuja that don’t visit Zone 3 regularly (If you know, you know)
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by thuxzwda1: 8:40pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:
As a lady I still find it hard not to do kwaya (drugs). Bad influence I guess or maybe because I saw my dad and his cliques doing it so it rub off on me

Been to rehab couple of times, currently taking a counseling class although I haven't attended for like a week...

I find myself doing it although deep down I don't wanna, but it is something I can't help

Please if anyone is going through this phase or has passed and overcome kindly share your experience to help conquer this war against drugs and alcohol

Thanks

Addiction is real and deadly

you really have to deal with what really got in that corner.....
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by ityP(m): 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:
As a lady I still find it hard not to do kwaya (drugs). Bad influence I guess or maybe because I saw my dad and his cliques doing it so it rub off on me

Been to rehab couple of times, currently taking a counseling class although I haven't attended for like a week...

I find myself doing it although deep down I don't wanna, but it is something I can't help

Please if anyone is going through this phase or has passed and overcome kindly share your experience to help conquer this war against drugs and alcohol

Thanks

No wonder you say all men are trash. It's the drugs talking
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by EdoFirstBorn(m): 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2021
[s]
NarcissistKing:

You're dumb for the nonsense you wrote! Did anyone ask you of the aftermath of drug abuse? Did anyone seek for sympathy? Was your name mentioned at the start if the thread? Did anyone seek for your unsolicited advice?

Fvck you, you this fvcking inbred! Don't fvcking qoute me again bloody jerk!

[/s]

Fellow nairalanders, pls if anyone ever feels the temptation to do drugs ,just pause and come look at the trash this drug addled brain typed.

Read this incoherent babble , guttery comment unfit for even a dustbin.

It's not my fault he decided to mess up his life with drugs.

Now it is seeking sympathy just like how homeless bums flock together so do junkies.

Send them a prayer please

2 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Fortez: 8:41pm On Aug 04, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by superCleanworks(m): 8:42pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Am not lacking money... Not lacking shelter not lacking food but I still feel empty

i have been reading all from the first writeup to all your responses and i can see your cure is right in front of you but very very far.
very very far.
you are only tired of the drugs and booze. you are not ready to drop them. you are only tired

but when you are ready, if ever that day comes, you will know.
so for now, enjoy and watch how people will come here to eat you up like they are better than you
and refer you to their church and Jesus. cheers

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by topoftheworld(m): 8:43pm On Aug 04, 2021
Franking:

God? Fvck God. U are the foolish one for believing and defending an impotent sky daddy. I dare God to do his worse.

May God forgive U for this comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by NEODON(m): 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2021
Go to God my dear ,he is ever ready to receive you with joy ,just like the prodigal son.He would heal you and rehabilate you which no man can do for you. He is waiting,go to him in prayers and through his word.and behold everything would become new
You would start living your normal life and become another living testimony.
I pray you speedy acceptance and recovery in Jesus Name.Amen

2 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:
Smoking is bad for the health. yeah true that but how come my soul and mental state ain't at peace until I take two sticks of dunhil with a mix of lexotan + dinamogyn

I'm currently in the hospital for this sh*tz

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Zobbyjazzy(m): 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2021
Sigh...I think what you need is change of environment at first, like been with someone who don't do either and note, don't go to his/her place with it and let it be someone who know what you re going tru, so he/she wouldn't encourage getting you any even if you feel like dying from the starve.
If it was when I wasn't working, would have invited you over to come around but, now..I'm very much engaged with this new job I got.

Just try discipline yourself and change location and also...that connect, delete his/her number or better still do away with phone and internet for now.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by waywardpikin: 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2021
Ishilove:

You really are a wayward pikin

Ahh... it's the morality police again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Sammyshares: 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2021
Sorry about what you're going through. Since you want change, take this few steps.
1. Continue with your rehab class and make sure you don't miss it.
2. Forgive yourself so as to boost your confidence in fighting it.
3. The reason you do not have control over it is that a high force has exploiting your will to control you.
4. Power to break an addiction permanently is only with God.
5. Turn to him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by waywardpikin: 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2021
thuxzwda1:

Wayward pikin grin

That's me mehn.
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by BleedTears: 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Thanks

The only solution is to restart your life and start a new.

If you're working it will be hard but if you're not it will be easier.

1. You need to move far away
2. You buy a new SIM use the old SIM card and text your cliques and alternative lifestyle partners that it's over between you and them. You have to block them first before texting them so they don't call you back then you remove the SIM card and damage it.

Then you can start a new. I can help you just send me a DM
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by rigarmortis: 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Thanks

You stay in either abuja, kano or kaduna
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Ayula911: 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Thanks

First buy me 7 egg roll

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by shakir0802: 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2021
Are married if yes then ur problem is solve if he too don't engage in such act, and he must matured
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by BROWNEMMANUEL26: 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:
Smoking is bad for the health. yeah true that but how come my soul and mental state ain't at peace until I take two sticks of dunhil with a mix of lexotan + dinamogyn

U won't have mentioned the names of the drugs here bcs of our kids on this forum
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2021
My advice for you is that first deal with your thoughts, when you are thinking about it you will act on it
Make a sacrifice of a week by denying yourself not to take any of it and be praying to God for total deliverance

3 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Hassanmaye(m): 8:50pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Thanks

Ke bahaushiya ce zanbaki shawara ne?
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by enthronedbyGod1: 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

I hope it works

Truth is I have given up on God... Like he never hears me..

I once slept in my car somewhere around finance bridge here in Abuja over night... Was so stoned I couldn't drive..

Even God overslept on Sunday and that was why the devil was able to crawl into heaven

I used to be a drug addict, to the extent I started a little weed plantation in the compound where I stayed in school.
I was always high , till Jesus broke the yoke of drug addiction in my life after I totally surrendered all to him.
As I speak to you now , I can't even stand the odour of cigarettes or alcohol around me. I get extremely irritated when it's smoked around where I am.

He can do same for you , don't give up. If the Son of man sets you free , you'll be free indeed.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Opak001(m): 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
The best way is to change your circle if people you hang out with,don't stay where you can't get the drugs for a period of 6months, and write on a wall where you wake up to see it
"I can do without artificial enhancement ".
I'm perfect the way I wake..

3 Likes

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Zeejohnson: 8:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
Nice one
Robertgreene1:
my dear u re not alone...I've been there nd back nd I know how it feels like...
I battled severe trams addiction for 5 years...throughout my uni days...it wz js terrible....at a point I wz doing 800mg nd above of trams every single day...infact I stopped attending lectures..I do just hole up in my apartment..do trams nd doze all day...
I was acting weird...always agressive...ghosted everyone both family and friends...infact it was just me nd my darling t.m.
Then during dt great lockdown...my biz wz affected... so I holed up at home..then I said 2 myself.."I've had enough of this drug shit"...why not achieve something during ds frustrating lockdown by conquering this addiction demon?...
so I started fighting the demon nd it was a very painful nd long journey back 2 recovery....4 more than 6 months...I felt like dieing...d withdrawal phase was js terrible...d chills..d muscle spasms..d fever..d body pains...d mood swings (extreme highs and lows)..d anxiety... d Restlessness nd worse of em all...d insomnia(sleeplessness)...
so I used Diazepam(Valium) 4 d 1st 6 months 2 help ease d withdrawal symptoms a bit.
Then when I wanted 2 quit Valium after 6 months..I found out dt my system av gotten dependent on it as well...so it was back 2 square one ...Nd to my worst nightmare I found out soon enough dt d withdrawal symptoms of diazepam (benzodiazepines) is even far worse than that of tramadol (opiods)...it was js terrible..better imagined than experienced..
This time around I felt like I was completely loosing it...But lucky me...I discovered that alcohol can also act as a sedative just like diazepam so I used Alcohol for 3 months 2 ease d withdrawal symptoms of diazepam (pls run away 4rm any drug of d benzodiazepine family)....
2 cut d long story short...today I've been drug free for 8 months nd counting now..nd I ant going back 2 dt shit again...
so my dear u can do it.. just believe in urself.. tell urself dt u re stronger than that addiction...then fight d battle of recovery and remember not 2 rush it...Js take it one step at a time...u get closer 2 recovery wit each passing day as ur brain recalibrates itself back 2 it's pre-addiction state..find other hobbies 2 keep ur mind away from d drug(s)...if I can do it dear...then u can do it as well
Shalom....

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by waywardpikin: 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

And how do you intend quitting

It's ironic that this thread should pop up. I bought a piggy bank on my way home from work today. One pack of Benson is about N550/N600. Anytime I get that uncontrollable urge to smoke a cig, I'll put some money in the kolo. If I can kick the habit and significantly boost my savings at the same time that would be a win. I don already put 1k today.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Johel(m): 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

Thanks

I still wonder how y'all allow these things have a huge negative impact in your lives,why would u Wana abuse a thing?,because u enjoy it yeah,what about the health implications when you abuse it?..now check that out and see if u Gona be doing yourself any good or harm...I do all those stuff,but I put all intakes into moderation....Use wisdom,no one can help you than you can help yourself.....Be Good and be Wise...Your health is important,so don't choke yourself in it cos u might not come out of it..
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by November24(f): 8:53pm On Aug 04, 2021
Franking:

God? Fvck God. U are the foolish one for believing and defending an impotent sky daddy. I dare God to do his worse.

Don't be in a hurry.
Someday you will see a pint of his anger

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by Abakelawal(f): 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2021
Pls come to kaduna psychiatric hospital dey are really good and helpful dat is if u are ready to change from the bottom of ur heart
Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by wunmi590(m): 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2021
Candidlady:

If you are not lacking all these you have listed, then you are lacking good friends who can spurn you to greatness, and make you whole again....

Never leave the door step of God, your sunday service should be constant and never seclude yourself in a hidden place that would make you go back to drugs and alcohol addiction...

From your write up, I know you are not from a broke/poor family....

Just revisit yourself and change your cycle of friends who are leading you astray....

I pray you find peace of mind and be clean again..

1 Like

Re: Getting Over Addictions.. by OGAPARIS: 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2021
waywardpikin:

It's ironic that this thread should pop up. I bought a piggy bank on my way home from work today. One pack of Benson is about N550/N600. Anytime I get that uncontrollable urge to smoke a cig, I'll put some money in the kolo. If I can kick the habit and significantly boost my savings at the same time that would be a win. I don already put 1k today.

You are doing well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Doctors Remove Cup Stuck Inside A Woman For 4 Years From Sex Incident / Olivia James Polytechnic Unwana Student Commits Suicide After Her Boyfriend Left / 500 Canadian Doctors Protest Raises, Say They're Being Paid Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.