Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Why Your Perfume Does Not Last Long - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Your Perfume Does Not Last Long (577 Views)

Tips And Tricks To Making Your Perfume Last All Day (pictures) - Men And Women / Tips To Make Your Perfume Longlasting / Vaseline (and Other Suprising Tips) To Make Your Perfume Last Longer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Your Perfume Does Not Last Long by icekream(m): 5:10pm On Jul 26, 2021
If you no fit spray money, at least spray perfume - 2021

Sometimes you spray your perfume on yourself and a few hours later you ask yourself “is my perfume fake? Why can’t I smell my perfume anymore? Did I apply too little?”
Well, some answers might be yes sha.

But before you come to a hasty conclusion, let us take a look at some factors that might determine the performance and longevity of your perfume.

Know your perfume:
There are different categories of perfume. We have the Perfume Oil, Eau de Parfum(EDP), Eau de Toilette(EDT), Eau de Cologne(EDC), and some others. If someone tells you that all perfumes last for the same duration tell him: Eau de Craze.

The perfume Oil lasts the longest when used. It can last for 8hrs+ or thereabout, not sure
If you are using perfume oil, do not use too much as it tends to have a choking effect on people around you due to the concentration. You can use this if your event/occasion would last for a long time as it would definitely last long.

The EDP comes next in terms of longevity. A lot of oud wood and some other perfumes fall under this category. They also last for an average of 6hrs+ and usually have amazing scents. So just calculate your movement, spray your perfume and have a nice outing.

The EDT however does not last as long as the two mentioned above. You can spray EDT lavishly on your body and it still wouldn’t have that choking effect (No overdo o). If you plan on using EDTs, you can buy a refill bottle or something and have some in your bag. That way, you’re assured of all round freshness.

Now that you know the type of perfume you have, let’s go to some Nigerian reasons.

You finish spraying perfume and then you enter Okada:
Perfumes contain denatured ethanol, the chances of it getting dry and powerless when you hop on a bike is very high. The alcohol meant to increase the longevity would dry off quickly and leave you wondering “I spray perf commot for house na”.
If you plan on moving like that, have a refill in your bag so you can apply it again once you get to your location.

Some perfumes are meant for winter time:
In Nigeria, it’s hot a lot of the time. The oyinbo wey do perfume do am for their weather, so if you buy perfume wey dem customise for winter time, you’ll be disappointed at the performance. It’s like buying a Lamborghini mainly for a Nigerian road.

Where you apply to on your body:
Don’t just spray and leave, be conscious of the areas
A few are: The back of your earlobes, your inner wrists, your collar, and then your shirt. Apply with moderation.

An extra tip: For a longer effect, you can apply vaseline/shea butter on those parts of your body before spraying the perfume.

Have questions or Need me to write about something else, let me know in the comment section.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Perfume Does Not Last Long by Cyphar(m): 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2021
That eau dau craze gat me rolling on the floor grin

On a more serious note, have you tried using an aboki prrfume grin cool
Re: Why Your Perfume Does Not Last Long by kings59: 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2021
The way he sprays his perfume... Faaa

He saw mine and told me to allow home spray a little.

This was how he sprayed it... Fa, faa, faaaaa,
(I was getting annoyed.)

The next time was.... Faaa, faaaa, faaaaa!, faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ( like he was bathing with it)

Perfume way I bought don finish. Kaiii
Re: Why Your Perfume Does Not Last Long by icekream(m): 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2021
The Hausa perfume can be mostly categorized under the Perfume Oils

There are lots of EDPs that are amazing compliment getters tho, and so amazing at that.

Cyphar:
That eau dau craze gat me rolling on the floor grin

On a more serious note, have you tried using an aboki prrfume grin cool

1 Like

Re: Why Your Perfume Does Not Last Long by Kkings11: 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2021
Nice

1 Like

Re: Why Your Perfume Does Not Last Long by Faber(m): 6:56pm On Jul 26, 2021
icekream:
If you no fit spray money, at least spray perfume - 2021

Sometimes you spray your perfume on yourself and a few hours later you ask yourself “is my perfume fake? Why can’t I smell my perfume anymore? Did I apply too little?”
Well, some answers might be yes sha.

But before you come to a hasty conclusion, let us take a look at some factors that might determine the performance and longevity of your perfume.

Know your perfume:
There are different categories of perfume. We have the Perfume Oil, Eau de Parfum(EDP), Eau de Toilette(EDT), Eau de Cologne(EDC), and some others. If someone tells you that all perfumes last for the same duration tell him: Eau de Craze.

The perfume Oil lasts the longest when used. It can last for 8hrs+ or thereabout, not sure
If you are using perfume oil, do not use too much as it tends to have a choking effect on people around you due to the concentration. You can use this if your event/occasion would last for a long time as it would definitely last long.

The EDP comes next in terms of longevity. A lot of oud wood and some other perfumes fall under this category. They also last for an average of 6hrs+ and usually have amazing scents. So just calculate your movement, spray your perfume and have a nice outing.

The EDT however does not last as long as the two mentioned above. You can spray EDT lavishly on your body and it still wouldn’t have that choking effect (No overdo o). If you plan on using EDTs, you can buy a refill bottle or something and have some in your bag. That way, you’re assured of all round freshness.

Now that you know the type of perfume you have, let’s go to some Nigerian reasons.

You finish spraying perfume and then you enter Okada:
Perfumes contain denatured ethanol, the chances of it getting dry and powerless when you hop on a bike is very high. The alcohol meant to increase the longevity would dry off quickly and leave you wondering “I spray perf commot for house na”.
If you plan on moving like that, have a refill in your bag so you can apply it again once you get to your location.

Some perfumes are meant for winter time:
In Nigeria, it’s hot a lot of the time. The oyinbo wey do perfume do am for their weather, so if you buy perfume wey dem customise for winter time, you’ll be disappointed at the performance. It’s like buying a Lamborghini mainly for a Nigerian road.

Where you apply to on your body:
Don’t just spray and leave, be conscious of the areas
A few are: The back of your earlobes, your inner wrists, your collar, and then your shirt. Apply with moderation.

An extra tip: For a longer effect, you can apply vaseline/shea butter on those parts of your body before spraying the perfume.

Have questions or Need me to write about something else, let me know in the comment section.

This is what we need in this forum...not bbnaija this bbnaija that. Tonto Dike this Toto Dike that ..Bobrisky, etc

Very educative I must confess. Kudos!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Your Perfume Does Not Last Long by MarkTimmy(m): 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2021
Karimu......don kreammy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Neck And Legs Are Not Shown, This Is The Winter Dress That 60-year-old Mothers S / . / �� Stunning Outfit For Beautiful Black Women | 2022 Latest Fashion Trends For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.