Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) (71479 Views)

The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) / Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl / Ebeano Supermarket: CCTV Captures A Lady Turning On A Gas Cooker (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by Commentor: 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2021
Ebeanor would invest money on a building, inventory, even security though inadequate, but couldn't invest in simple Health and Safety.

How can you even have cylinders of gas in a confined environment and worse, in close proximity to human traffic?

Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by dmbb: 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2021
Which kind wahala be this for God sake
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by feelgoodstuffs(m): 7:01pm On Jul 26, 2021
Burn her too. tongue Let others learn

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by techWriter1: 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2021
The most shocking press tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by tutudesz: 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2021
Enyimbamercedes:
Who was supposed to be watching the CCTV especially for cameras watching the shop floor!

It was a slow burn that took minutes to ignite fully but no one saw it early enough!

Negligence and mischief combined
Watching CCTV grin guy they only go through CCTV after any crime
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by wallarwallar(m): 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2021
This is really crazy but I don't understand why supermarket should be selling filled gas . It does not make sense at all and if they wanted to it should be totally seperated and be all alone. I just dont understand what came upon this little girl but I guess it might be conspiracy thou not really sure but with this set of useless and senseless old investigators I doubt they will get anything meaningful from this girl. Imagine asking why she follow her mother to Supermarket. Senseless question

5 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by nextstep(m): 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2021
EasternActivist:

CCTV camera alert a fire outbreak!? Are you fkin kidding

Yes. You can either have somebody actively monitoring the CCTV (not just recording it), or install a CCTV system that uses AI to detect fires.
At worst, smoke detectors.

Well, nobody will tell this supermarket what to install next time.

As for this young arsonist... hm... I'm still not 100% she did it on her own - without instruction from somebody else.

And as for the police... is it a crime for a young girl to be taken to a supermarket with parents even if we're not buying anything for her? At 9, children can be allowed to go to a section to check out something on their own. "Daddy I want to see some shoes/dresses/toys/combs"... "OK, but come back quick and look for me here" - what's there?

This so-called interrogation is unbelievably unprofessional.

5 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2021
I don't think ebeano supermarket doesn't have a device as cheap as smoke and fire detector.This is a gas not an electrical spark.Gas fire spread like coronavirus.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by tiswell(m): 7:04pm On Jul 26, 2021
toluleke:
Train your child they no go gree. A 9years destroyed good worth billions, destroyed people livelihood threw people out of jobs cause of a parent that can't control her child. The parents should be made to face the wrath .
the parents?...you are not wise
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by bewla(m): 7:04pm On Jul 26, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
Wow
E choke
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by GoodFaith: 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2021
ThickSharon123:

She's a child, and the parents had no knowledge. It is the governments obligation to pay through the taxes earned. Children are like that, they go around playing with stuff.

This is the reason African parents need to buy more toys for their children. That could be one of the reason.

And even if the government pays, the returns would still come back to the government (us) so it's no big deal.

Government is now the "Insurance company"

2 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by Lightorder: 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2021
SeaTrade:
I strongly support the idiot should stand trial and be given the death penalty.
If you are old enough to damage property worth billions that your parents can't afford and risk lives in the process,then I think you should also be old enough to face trial.
Ugly,malnourished looking dingbat crab!!!
Also I blame the parents too for shitty parenting,
All these stupid parents that paint the world as a fairytale to their shitty looking kids as evident from her gross pot belly at 9 angry
She probably did it to spite her mom who might have offended or annoyed her.
I am out of words. It is not easy to be parents. Very sad . Crucify the mum all you want, until you are one , you will not understand. Many parents are not doing well though but only God knows

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by AuroraB(f): 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2021
KingAzari:
Nigerian police are so unprofessional, clueless, unethical, lazy, wicked and f00lish. See how they're trying to rope the evil child's mother into the matter.

This girl reminds me of John Leonard Orr in "Unusual Suspects" Burned on Investigation Discovery
Honestly ooo shocked
If she misyarn small na to drag her mama join ooo
That part is so annoying.

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2021
Arrest her parents
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by mariahAngel(f): 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2021
TheWolfen:
I felt the people who lost their goods cursing.
Nothing can be done because she is underage except someone told her to go do it which I doubt

Something must be done.
Someone has to be held accountable, because the loss is just too much to let go.

3 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by elganzar(m): 7:06pm On Jul 26, 2021
Chijeep:
She's doing it for the future...
It's like it now high time we tell ourselves the truth, if the FUTURE is not FEMALE then who's going to give birth to tomorrow? grin
Abeg let the Female be Future ooo... LOL

Lol
It's if the PRESENT is FEMALE, it can birth a tomorrow

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by harmonyglobal: 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2021
Manage manage too much for this country,, if u had employed more people to mount each section, one person for see this girl. Sorry u cant win, it a 9yrs old girl

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by bjtinz: 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2021
YungMillionaire:
The policeman doing the interrogation should quit his job. He is better fit as a public market tout. Imagine the way he is talking like a lunatic. Even the little girl is far more composed than he is. Shame. Scaring the girl would only led to her telling him what he wants to hear rather than the truth. Imagine a whole detective who lacks the basics of child psychology.

Honestly I just weak. He's even threatening to give her a dirty slap!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by Commentor: 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2021
Enyimbamercedes:
Who was supposed to be watching the CCTV especially for cameras watching the shop floor!

It was a slow burn that took minutes to ignite fully but no one saw it early enough!

Negligence and mischief combined

In advanced countries, supermarkets have dedicated security who monitor their CCTVs.

2 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by juman(m): 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2021
The supermarket share some blame.
They didnt have effective fire extinguishers.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by WaffenSS(m): 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2021
Why are these uncouth fukks bullying a minor? He was even threatening her with physical assault.

4 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by linearity: 7:10pm On Jul 26, 2021
Grandmasteer:
I saw this update this evening I was shocked
we really need to upgrade our CCTV camera.. before the fire escalate the computerize CCTV camera would have fire alarm system to warn of a fire outbreak.. but in this country the only work a CCTV camera can do is to capture evidence, and majority of stores that use CCTV camera don't employ people that stays on it because of stinginess, see now.. even if the owner of the shop uses the girl for money ritual, it's not even enough to bring out even 50million naire.. how the parent wan do em'. I know it can happen to any parent and we don't pray for such but
this Gbese choke oo

Common smoke detectors on every aisle would have detected the fire, no need to upgrade CCTV camera to start detecting fires.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by ColeDrain(m): 7:10pm On Jul 26, 2021
This one weak me...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by bjtinz: 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2021
Let's face it, she was sent.

I just watched the footage again, and it seems to deliberate, too practiced to be a random event.

She was clearly trained and prepped for the job.

She the exact location and knew exactly what to do.

1 Like

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by dingbang(m): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2021
She wanted to buy bleep for her sister shocked

2 Likes

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by ThickSharon123(f): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2021
GoodFaith:

Government is now the "Insurance company"

Yes, or if he has insurance, he should use it. But take the girl for rehab and not guilt tripping the darling soul.
Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by nextstep(m): 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2021
toluleke:
Train your child they no go gree. A 9years destroyed good worth billions, destroyed people livelihood threw people out of jobs cause of a parent that can't control her child. The parents should be made to face the wrath .

It's really unfortunate what happened to the shop owners; I sure hope they have some kind of insurance.

That said, is it a crime for a young girl to be taken to a supermarket with parents even if we're not buying anything for her? If we leave them at home and they burned the house, people will say: "you should have taken her out with you". Which way?

At 9, children can be allowed to go to a section to check out something on their own. "Daddy I want to see some shoes/dresses/toys/combs"... "OK, but come back quick and look for me here" - what's there?

That's not a sign of irresponsible parenting at all, or even of a bad child. People are curious at 9 - and unless she was instructed by an adult to do this - I'm going to still assume it's an accident/mistake/curiosity that got out of hand.

When I was 9/10, I started a small fire in our trash pit that spread to some grass, and grew out of proportion, nearly burned our neighbors house. I was scared shitless and shouted as I watched it get out of control. Thank God some adults brought water quickly. I didn't mean to cause a huge fire, and I can't say my parents were bad people because of it, because I was overall a good, if occasionally naughty child, but there you are.

We don't know the full story, and I'm still open to the possibility that somebody told her to do it, but we need to investigate a little more.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) by cybriz82(m): 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2021
My own question b say if the girl parent no get bar..wetin d owner of d supermarket go do?? Cus as e b so the matter no concern govt..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Fraudster Dupes Girl Of N14,000 Inside Gtbank Lagos (photo) / How Many People Remember This Advert Way Back In The 90’s / Access Bank Unveils New Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.