Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? (25521 Views)

The 2 Things Holding You Back / Why The Diy Cv Is Holding You Back? / 6 Things You Can Do To Ensure Your Day Is Productive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2021
Everything mankind needs to progress is hear on Earth!! But mankind is whitholding resources and sanctioning his fellow kind.

At all at all "Grace" is what we pray for!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by juseng(m): 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2021
Cheapgadget:
U didn’t add money

It's under resources but I think it has to be listed separately.

Bcx Money no b our mate

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by ibechris(m): 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2021
I agree with u on number 5,because I am a product of that part.

I grew 300k i saved during my University and NYSC days to 47million in 9years.

And because friends don't always believe in me,I discarded all of them and I am left with one and my wife who, at least understands me better.

Life continues.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2021
Mine is upbringing, I was taught not to put hand in bad thing, but you see ehn for Naija the country forces you to chuke hand, I'm hanging on a thread ,if I touch make una no judge me.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Amhappy(f): 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2021
Wonderful write up. No 6 is very important what you believe drives your life
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 27, 2021
ibechris:

And because friends don't always believe in me,I discarded all of them and I am left with one and my wife who, at least understands me better.

Life continues.
wow! You made an average of 5.2 million yearly. Can you elaborate on what really happened??

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by DoggoneDogg: 1:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
litigator:

That's part of the pattern also known or called daily habits or choices

Not for me. Mine is addiction, not habit.
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Bigchristo: 1:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
litigator:
Psychology says that six major things can hold from human beings from personal growth. Which is your poison?

1. Relationship:
Your current relationship circle does not understand or support your growth.

2. Trauma:
You are unable to grow because your past trauma is blocking you. And are, therefore, stuck in a merry go round.

3. Fear:
You are afraid of judgment or failure in your new direction.

4. Patterns:
These are your daily habits, the way you act around people, especially your friends. Your daily patterns and your habits are what sums up your life. What you do every day becomes your yearly habit and if the pattern is not broken, one won't make much progress in life. We become what the choices we make and what we do every day.

5. Resources and Resourcefulness:
You have a lack of necessary resources to make a change. While lack of resources could be a challenge, lack of resourcefulness is way worse. Give a resourceful man 500k, and he will build a business worth 5 million in 5 years. Give an unresourceful man 5million, and he will be lucky to have a business worth 500k in 5 years.

6. Beliefs:
" As a man thinketh in his heart, so he is"

You can't grow more than your belief system, and you cannot become what you do not believe in.

Pre-existing beliefs are preventing you from taking action. It's better than making a decision and failing, than regretting the decision you never took. But ensure you do diligent research and count the cost.

Shalom.

This person hits my points of views
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by michjunior: 1:23pm On Jul 27, 2021
ibechris:

Life continues.

Can u shed more light bro...could serve as a motivation personally for me...I just graduated and have some few cash a little bit more than what you started with....ur input could help me
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by ibechris(m): 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
Hammyaladin:
wow! You made an average of 5.2 million yearly. Can you elaborate on what really happened??

When u add personal and family expeneses u are likely to add more on that. I have my proofs and they are personal to me.

Just believe in yourself,save to invest and read motivational books on money and finance.
The rest would be history.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Bmaster(m): 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
Mine is soapy.
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by McOluOmo: 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
Vickyvice:
Awwww. The truth. Meanwhile, I must admit that 1,3 and 4 affect me. Now I have to break them, by Grace of God
me too

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by foeedaba: 1:27pm On Jul 27, 2021
That an educative thread like this will have so little views when brought to front page shows the kind of youth we have in Nigeria today.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by udemzyudex(m): 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
You forgot to add family wahala. grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by azizsystem(m): 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
Number one is really my greatest worry. I am tge first child and have younger siblings. We have been orphaned since 2013. The little income I earn from my blue collar job is always spent on my siblings feeding and upkeep since I can't run away from my responsibility as the first child. Am always unable to save as a result, I even run into debt.
The job I do is really is really nor easy, it requires a lot of physical exertion( factory lab our at night). It really weakens the body with time.
If not because of the people under me, I would have been able to save monthly till I gather a fair sum that I would use to start up a business or learn a skill, but I can't. My younger ones have got to eat. And still what I warn is never enough. We only can afford to eat twice a day embarassed
I still thank God sha.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Not for me. Mine is addiction, not habit.

Observe the pattern and the exact time your craving is at its peak. Once you observe the pattern you will be able to flee. You can't fight it. You just have to flee.
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by azizsystem(m): 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2021
udemzyudex:
You forgot to add family wahala. grin
I dey tell you bro embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2021
Oga the only thing holding back our career are as follows :

1. Buhari

2 APC

3. All the 35 governors

4. Buhari again

5. Corruption and bribery

6. Northern states

7. Buhari again

8. Diversity

9. All the Ministers and political office holders

10. And finaly Buhari government and APC.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 27, 2021
GeneralPula:
7.. Procrastination

You must be an INFJ

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by DoggoneDogg: 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
litigator:

Observe the pattern and the exact time your craving is at its peak. Once you observe the pattern you will be able to flee. You can't fight it. You just have to flee.

Its all the time. Right now sef.

Are you female?
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Cheapgadget:
U didn’t add money

No. 5
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
Huzzie:
Nice write up….#6 is key.
I didn’t realize the essence of belief in oneself until last week. I sailed through a prestigious certification with a 2week preparation plan, even after a friend/mentor told me it wasn’t possible.
In his words “it doesn’t matter how smart you are, 2weeks isn’t sufficient “. At first this almost got to me, but I told myself he doesn’t know me like I know me.

To cut the long story short, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise “ You are your worse enemy” if people look down on you, don’t look down on yourself.

Zualakata! cheesy I celebrate grace
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by MichaelsHope(m): 1:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
This is nothing truer than this. So!
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Humanoid01(m): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2021
oluseyiforjesus:
I disagree with you OP Personal growth is broad for u to HV mentioned dos few points up there Your own personal growth could be different from mine. I come in peace o
That is under resources.
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
juseng:

It's under resources but I think it has to be listed separately.

Bcx Money no b our mate

Money is a concept.
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
ibechris:

Life continues.
Through Crypto, forex or what means?
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Jinjinkoku: 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
litigator:
Psychology says that six major things can hold from human beings from personal growth. Which is your poison?

1. Relationship:
Your current relationship circle does not understand or support your growth.

2. Trauma:
You are unable to grow because your past trauma is blocking you. And are, therefore, stuck in a merry go round.

3. Fear:
You are afraid of judgment or failure in your new direction.

4. Patterns:
These are your daily habits, the way you act around people, especially your friends. Your daily patterns and your habits are what sums up your life. What you do every day becomes your yearly habit and if the pattern is not broken, one won't make much progress in life. We become what the choices we make and what we do every day.

5. Resources and Resourcefulness:
You have a lack of necessary resources to make a change. While lack of resources could be a challenge, lack of resourcefulness is way worse. Give a resourceful man 500k, and he will build a business worth 5 million in 5 years. Give an unresourceful man 5million, and he will be lucky to have a business worth 500k in 5 years.

6. Beliefs:
" As a man thinketh in his heart, so he is"

You can't grow more than your belief system, and you cannot become what you do not believe in.

Pre-existing beliefs are preventing you from taking action. It's better than making a decision and failing, than regretting the decision you never took. But ensure you do diligent research and count the cost.

Shalom.

You didn't add 'TIME' which I think is the most important factor limiting personal growth. Someone who wakes up to work 6am and gets home to rest around 10pm daily won't have enough space for personal growth. I think this is more limiting than the ones you typed here.

However, kudos to you for identifying those factors
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
ibechris:

When u add personal and family expeneses u are likely to add more on that. I have my proofs and they are personal to me.

Just believe in yourself,save to invest and read motivational books on money and finance.
The rest would be history.

The problem with Nigeria. Nobody want truly show you way. Well all man to himself as they say. We would all figure it out I believe. Thank God for being God.
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:52pm On Jul 27, 2021
azizsystem:
Number one is really my greatest worry. I am tge first child and have younger siblings. We have been orphaned since 2013. The little income I earn from my blue collar job is always spent on my siblings feeding and upkeep since I can't run away from my responsibility as the first child. Am always unable to save as a result, I even run into debt.
The job I do is really is really nor easy, it requires a lot of physical exertion( factory lab our at night). It really weakens the body with time.
If not because of the people under me, I would have been able to save monthly till I gather a fair sum that I would use to start up a business or learn a skill, but I can't. My younger ones have got to eat. And still what I warn is never enough. We only can afford to eat twice a day embarassed
I still thank God sha.

Comot that sha. E dey make am look like say you no really dey grateful.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Eastcoastboy(m): 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
NwaIgboBoy:
Oga the only thing holding back our career are as follows :

1. Buhari

2 APC

3. All the 35 governors

4. Buhari again

5. Corruption and bribery

6. Northern states

7. Buhari again

8. Diversity

9. All the Ministers and political office holders

10. And finaly Buhari government and APC.

You dey waste your time. Dey there.
Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
Jinjinkoku:

You didn't add 'TIME' which I think is the most important factor limiting personal growth. Someone who wakes up to work 6am and gets home to rest around 10pm daily won't have enough space for personal growth. I think this is more limiting than the ones you typed here.

However, kudos to you for identifying those factors

Time is in fact your most valuable convertible resource. You can convert time to anything you desire. Be it love, money, attention,innovation, education, etc.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things Holding You Back From Personal Growth ...which Is Yours? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Its all the time. Right now sef.

Are you female?

Nah! I am a male grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lacasera Company Workers Protest Over The Sacking Of 700 Workers / Driver Returns Missing Wallet With Cash To Passenger (Photo) / Female Uber Drivers: Passengers Make Advances At Us, Send Disturbing Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.