Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,712 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? (3933 Views)

Inflation In Car Prices - Then Vs Now - 2million Vs 15million To Buy A Yaris / Peter Obi Stole And Kept 15million Dollars In Offshore - Simon Ekpa / Ukrainian Man 'on Stroll In Forest' Finds And Claims £15million Russian Tank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by richmond500: 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Ah, its like looking for Igbo Muslim bro.
Apart from hausa, Igbos I think Edos are still the people wey significant in SW.

I've met some Akwaibom people.but I no know their tribe.
And yes I've also seen like 3 to 4 urhobos
u can't meet Ijaw, they aren't as distinct as Akwaibom, Igbo, Hausa, Fulani or Yoruba.

We don't have a particular facial structure or tribal recognition like Hausa and Fulani or skin colour like Igbo or an accent like Akwaibom.

Personally, I have facial structure exactly like a Fulani lady, so u can't just see me and think I am ijaw except I tell u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Omoluabi1stborn: 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
richmond500:
u can't meet Ijaw, they aren't as distinct as Akwaibom, Igbo, Hausa, Fulani or Yoruba.

We don't have a particular facial structure or tribal recognition like Hausa and Fulani or skin colour like Igbo or an accent like Akwaibom.

Personally, I have facial structure exactly like a Fulani lady, so u can't just see me and think I am ijaw except I tell u.

Hmm, okay learnt something!
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by richmond500: 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Okay agreed Ijaws are up to 7M and even more.

But accept the fact that they are not up to 15M
Not even 12M
Even 10M (still debatable)
I'm done with the argument, u started with ijwa is not up to 5m, then u said they aren't 7m now u are saying 10m is debatable?

If I continue further, u might be convinced to put ijaw at 20m so lemme stop here. Its my win.

Do have a nice evening.

Gutén arben
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Omoluabi1stborn: 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2021
richmond500:
I'm done with the argument, u started with ijwa is not up to 5m, then u said they aren't 7m now u are saying 10m is debatable?

If I continue further, u might be convinced to put ijaw at 20m so lemme stop here. Its my win.

Do have a nice evening.

Gutén arben

Actually I'm tired of the argument.
I wan rest, I just give up.
Not ur win wink
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Monogamy: 8:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

If they can't be populated in their home state (bayelsa) how can they be populated outside Home state

That logic is flop.. More than average Igbos are outside their region
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Omoluabi1stborn: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
Monogamy:

That logic is flop.. More than average Igbos are outside their region

Let's assume we have 30M Igbos in Nigeria.

Are you telling me we have less than 15M igbos in SE?

Never!
Not possible.
You can't be less populated in ur Source
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Monogamy: 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Let's assume we have 30M Igbos in Nigeria.

Are you telling me we have less than 15M igbos in SE?

Never!
Not possible.
You can't be less populated in ur Source

If I am not mistaken they are above average 50%.

SE landmass can't contain her people should they decide to all return home..
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Omoluabi1stborn: 8:14pm On Jul 27, 2021
Monogamy:

If I am not mistaken they are above average 50%.

SE landmass can't contain her people should they decide to all return home..

Yet they still have many unused landmass.
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Monogamy: 8:20pm On Jul 27, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Yet they still have many unused landmass.

Many? In 2-3 decades na China style of building SE would be building cos there won't be more excess land for building..

To start with, SE billionaires alone have acquired at least 30% of the unoccupied land in SE at the moment, The like of Arthur Eze and co.. Some are only acquired to add to family glory not for reselling or projects at the moment..
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Omoluabi1stborn: 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
Monogamy:

Many? In 2-3 decades na China style of building SE would be building cos there won't be more excess land for building..

To start with, SE billionaires alone have acquired at least 30% of the unoccupied land in SE at the moment, The like of Arthur Eze and co.. Some are only acquired to add to family glory not for reselling or projects at the moment..

Well........ Mouth sealed for now
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Monogamy: 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Well........ Mouth sealed for now

It's something worth discussing within some Igbo's caucus.. Reason why the price of land is expensive in SE
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Omoluabi1stborn: 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
Monogamy:

It's something worth discussing within some Igbo's caucus.. Reason why the price of land is expensive in SE

Let's end the chapter, I no wan be quoted up and down, they'll be telling us we are hating igbo now or Obsessed with igbos
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Monogamy: 8:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Let's end the chapter, I no wan be quoted up and down, they'll be telling us we are hating igbo now or Obsessed with igbos

Better.
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Kondomatic(m): 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
richmond500:
Bayelsa population is more than 2m, I schooled there.

Ijaw has up to 20 languages, let's assume that each of these language has 500 speakers, that's about 10m people even though u know that Okrika, Kalabari and main Ijaw has more than 500 speakers each. Infact Akuku-Toru, Asari-Toru and Degema LGA alone has more than 500 persons each
Somebody should educate me please.

How can one tribe have up to twenty languages?
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by richmond500: 8:59pm On Jul 27, 2021
Kondomatic:
Somebody should educate me please.

How can one tribe have up to twenty languages?
that is the essence of Youth service corps, u should travel around and see that there is diversity in culture.
Ijaw is actually a tribe but there is also a language called the ijaw language which is not spoken by everyone in the tribe.

The truth is if we listen keenly to each other, we do understand ourselves even though we speak different languages, a Kalabari man can speak Kalabari to a bille man, they will speak their individual languages but still able to understand themselves, but if someone who isn't from Kalabari but stays in Kalabari for 3-5yrs and learn the language, he won't be able to communicate with a bille man the way a real Kalabari will communicate with a bille man, I don't know how to explain it, but that is the beauty of Nigeria and its diversity, we are just destroying it with politics
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by htdot: 9:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
Abeq, who dash ijaws 15million population

They are majorly in Bayelsa, yet Bayelsa population is not up to 2million.

Or I'm I missing something

Counter thread to https://www.nairaland.com/6671149/ijaws-niger-delta-republic-showdown
I think the wik has given you the answer only if you can read and understand.
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by htdot: 9:41pm On Jul 27, 2021
horsepower102:
There is no single archaeological finding that points to ancient ijaw civilization in the Niger delta region. But you can find archeological findings of efik, Igbo, ibbibio, annang etc.

Just like the Fulanis, they are settlers that turned into occupiers.
How many time will you make a comment...
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by htdot: 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
afube:

100% truth, Ijaw true roots is in Ghana!!!
And igbo true root is from uganda
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by djperoski2010(m): 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
horsepower102:

A lot of groups that they claim their lands are just tolerating them for the sake of peace but their day of reckoning is coming. And just like the Fulanis will answer to their evils, so would the ijaws. It’s just a matter of time.
Thank you MNK. if you survive your hate in jail, come front come challenge ijaw people if your corpse No go float for river Niger!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by htdot: 9:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ekealterego:

When did OPobo and Bonny whose native tongue is Igbo started speaking Ijaw? Ijaw with their number inflation.
I know most Igbos are not smart.
You will tell me the meaning of amayanabo in ibo

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by htdot: 9:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ekealterego:

When did OPobo and Bonny whose native tongue is Igbo started speaking Ijaw? Ijaw with their number inflation.
Pls also point to me any of these bonny lga executive that is or are igbo

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by htdot: 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
djperoski2010:

Thank you MNK. if you survive your hate in jail, come front come challenge ijaw people if your corpse No go float for river Niger!
The land mass of the igbos is so tiny that they want to grab the ijaw own... The ijaws are fearless.....

1 Like

Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Weinberg: 10:01pm On Jul 27, 2021
richmond500:
Opobo speak different languages and not even Ijaw, Kalabari doesn't speak Ijaw, they speak language called Kalabari, Okriki speak a language called Okirika language, stop displaying foolishness, Ijaw is a language and also a tribe, the tribe speak different languages and not all speak the ijaw language

Then what makes them Ijaw if their language is not understood by Ijaw people?
Their language is not even a dialect of Izon
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by richmond500: 10:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
Weinberg:

Then what makes them Ijaw if their language is not understood by Ijaw people?
Their language is not even a dialect of Izon
na wa o.
This is the essence of youth service corps, u are allowed to go out and appreciate the cultural diversity in Nigeria but u chooses to chase secondary school girls.

Ijaw is a tribe, also ijaw is a dialect.
While the ijaw tribe speak different dialect, there is a particular dialect called ijaw dialect which is not spoken by everyone
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Eastlink(m): 10:12pm On Jul 27, 2021
htdot:

I know most Igbos are not smart.
You will tell me the meaning of amayanabo in ibo
Amanayabo is not Ijaw. Pere is the Ijaw version of leader or King. Amanayabo is what Bonny and Opobo called her Kings before Kalabari, Okrika and Nembe copied that culture.

Pray tell us the meaning of Amanayabo in Izon language. But Amanayabo has a meaning in Ndoki.
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by htdot: 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2021
Eastlink:
Amanayabo is not Ijaw. Pere is the Ijaw version of leader or King. Amanayabo is what Bonny and Opobo called her Kings before Kalabari, Okrika and Nembe copied that culture.

Pray tell us the meaning of Amanayabo in Izon language. But Amanayabo has a meaning in Ndoki.
Ama=town or kingdom in nembe, yanabo mean=my own....
What does it mean in igbo?
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by richmond500: 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2021
Eastlink:

Ijaw is a language also ijaw is a tribe, not every one in ijaw tribe speaks the ijaw language
Ama means town, yanabo means owner.
Amayanabo means king in Kalabari(a sub-tribe of Ijaw)
Now what does amayanabo mean in Igbo?
Htdot is explaining to u but u no wan gree get sense
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Eastlink(m): 10:16pm On Jul 27, 2021
richmond500:
na wa o.
This is the essence of youth service corps, u are allowed to go out and appreciate the cultural diversity in Nigeria but u chooses to chase secondary school girls.

Ijaw is a tribe, also ijaw is a dialect.
While the ijaw tribe speak different dialect, [s]there is a particular dialect called ijaw dialect which is not spoken by everyone[/s]
You meant pidgin English. Taa, keep quayet. Tell us the central Ijaw dialect spoken by all political Ijaws. Even the fake Kolokuma-Opokuma dialect stays in Southern Bayelsa and Delta to an extent. No Rivers community speaks that trash. If northern Bayelsa and Nembe which is located in the same southern Ijaw can’t understand the fraudulent central Ijaw is it Rivers people that will understand the scam? Kalabari is a language on it's own, the same applies to Degema, Odua, Abua, and Okrika.
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by richmond500: 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2021
Eastlink:
You meant pidgin English. Taa, keep quayet. Tell us the central Ijaw dialect spoken by all political Ijaws. Even the fake Kolokuma-Opokuma dialect stays in Southern Bayelsa and Delta to an extent. No Rivers community speaks that trash. Kalahari is a language on it's own, the same applies to Degema, Odua, Abua, and Okrika.
good, thank God u know this.

Now one thing about Nigeria is cultural diversity, stop thinking all cultures are the same.
Ijaw is a language, while Igbo is a tribe and a language, Ijaw is a tribe and within this tribe, we have different dialects.

I do not expect u to understand sha, u have spend ur entire life in ur shop selling condenced milk, travel out and see the beauty of Nigeria
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Eastlink(m): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
htdot:

Ama=town or kingdom in nembe, yanabo mean=my own....
What does it mean in igbo?
Ama as far as I know has no Ijaw root, it was copied from Ndoki and the Oru’s which spread to other Ijaw communities.

Ama - means town in Ndoki
Yanabo - means owner or leader in Ndoki

Now you see what it means.

Amayanabo has it's roots from Ndoki.
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by Eastlink(m): 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2021
richmond500:
good, thank God u know this.

Now one thing about Nigeria is cultural diversity, stop thinking all cultures are the same.
Ijaw is a language, while Igbo is a tribe and a language, Ijaw is a tribe and within this tribe, we have different dialects.

I do not expect u to understand sha, u have spend ur entire life in ur shop selling condenced milk, travel out and see the beauty of Nigeria
I agree with you on the bolded. Ijaw is a tribe and a language. But the tribe and language of this Ijaw people is limited to a small area.
Re: How Come Ijaws Are 15million People? by htdot: 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
Eastlink:
Ama as far as I know has no Ijaw root, it was copied from Ndoki and the Oru’s which spread to other Ijaw communities.

Ama - means town in Ndoki
Yanabo - means owner or leader in Ndoki

Now you see what it means.

Amayanabo has it's roots from Ndoki.
Lol... land grabbers... at least i ve given you your answer... I even showed you the executives of bony LGA and all bearing ijaw names and you cant find any ibo name among them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Worst Governor In Nigeria Claim Hot Water Damaged The Road He Built In 1 Yea / Throwback:NDLEA Bubu Marwa Started Multi-Billion Airline After He Left Military / Bomb Blast In NYSC Camp Bauchi? No

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.