Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago (50142 Views)

My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day / I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by somehow: 12:25pm On Jul 28, 2021
ThreeEyedRaven:
APC has changed the price of every damn thing even the ink you wrote with has been multiplied by 5

The same APC was there 4 years ago na.

@OP

At least double the amount or change what you must serve to your visitors.

You can also do takeaway instead of them eating there and fix your wedding on a weekday.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Nauttyprof(m): 12:27pm On Jul 28, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Firewood alone is now N100,000

Fulani have destroyed this country.

Wetin happen? Just firewood?

E be like say na assorted garri and groundnut so do or na to go construction site go steal wood.

Just joking but then, this shows how things have gotten worse in this nation. It's really sad.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by PIMPAR: 12:27pm On Jul 28, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Even when you fail to impregnate your wife.

You have to hold Fulani responsible. Typical lazy youth

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Juliearth(f): 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2021
EBUBS:
I wrote this wedding estimate four years ago thinking I'll get married but it didn't work out again. tongue

But with the way things are going in my current relationship I think it's going to happen this year grin.

So please if you know the updated price for the items on the list please drop it here so I'll upgrade it. I know say things don expensive cry
Thank for the feedback

Just multiply your total cost by 3.5 and you are good to go! HML in advance.
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Juliearth(f): 12:33pm On Jul 28, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Omo second to comment
I dedicate this spot to my no nonsense lectural mr Clifford thanks for trying to bring back the seriousness in me

But try know say as e be now I belong to the street
Back to the question

Where u wan for see cow buy 100k

Wetyn u write self nur go reach for birthday

Only cow go collect everything wey u write

Just write x5 for everything wey u write

Chaiii, *5? This country don spoil true true. We really need to start exploring cheaper options. In my opinion, the white wedding is totally unnecessary and the traditional can be a parlour event, case close. Imagine burning 3 million and counting just to have a wedding 3 million that would be more than enough to kickstart a business.
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Psoul(m): 12:34pm On Jul 28, 2021
EBUBS:
I wrote this wedding estimate four years ago thinking I'll get married but it didn't work out again. tongue

But with the way things are going in my current relationship I think it's going to happen this year grin.

So please if you know the updated price for the items on the list please drop it here so I'll upgrade it. I know say things don expensive cry
Thank for the feedback

Bros, whatever the amount is, do no focus on it.
Let me tell u hw I did mine.
Immediately I agreed wt my girlfriend then (now my wife) I started buying anything my money could get.
If I have N1,000, I will look for a N1,000 item in the list and buy it. Pack it in one of the empty rooms in my apartment.
Doing this will ginger you to keep doing it. You will stop bn frivolous. You will always remember u have a project at hand.
Before I knew it, I had enough for my wedding wtout knowing how the money came.
When I believe that I had enough in the store, we kicked of for the traditional rite stuff.
They thought I will come to start negotiating. I just gave them all they wanted. My inlaws were and are still very much proud of me even till date.

If you are planning to get the whole money before u start, my brother, you stay very long unmarried.
Another trick is to creat a very cordial relationship between you and ur inlaws to be. This will go a long way to make the journey easier for u. They will reveal so many secret about their ppl to you and this will be a good guide to u.

My cordial relationship wt my inlaws made my brother inlaw to sneak out the main village traditional rite list for me in advance. This gave me insight of what it may take to get married to their sister. Even when the village ppl wanted to doctor the list, they fought the villagers so aggressively and they were able to stop many untraditional things they wanted to add to the list.

4 Likes

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Queenethofficia: 12:38pm On Jul 28, 2021
For that your cow may be you will buy the leg

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Agrocivil: 12:38pm On Jul 28, 2021
EBUBS:

Thank for the feedback
Hope u are still young
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by sync(f): 12:40pm On Jul 28, 2021
Na wa o, you must be a very stingy man making list like a woman even down to curry and thyme.
Why not just make wholesome rough estimates for food and drinks
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by ThatPetiteChic: 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2021
EBUBS:

Let me help you with the one I know:
Manageable 1cow - #300,000
Good Local rice 4bags - 4 × #25,000 = #100,000
Semo 4bags - 4 x #4,300 = #17,200
Palmoil 10L - #10,000
Groundnut oil 50L - #45,000
A Basket Tomatoes of 6 custard rubbers - #15,000
You need at least 4baskets for 4bags of rice
Pepper 1 custard rubber - #1,600
I dont know how many you need
A carton of sachet tomatoes - #4,000
Beans 1 custard rubber - #3,000

2 Likes

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Charx122: 12:52pm On Jul 28, 2021
EBUBS:

Thank for the feedback

Bros use Promo and eja Kika fish ....Is going to save you more...than maybe 4 carton of chicken and tell them meat has finished...!!
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by DAMN99: 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2021
Cow for 100k? Must be prematured cow then... and plus things in the market are hot cakes right now. Just go collect new list omo..

Cc: bubu and apc gengs
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
pocohantas:
Wedding ceremonies are not compulsory, especially now that we are in perilous times.

I don’t know how you will write that list with numerous zeros and sleep well at night. The only people that write the price of groundnut oil and tin tomatoes themselves are people working on a very tight budget. Else you will handover the cooking to a caterer and she would multiply a plate by your estimated number of guests (e.g) N750 * 300 guests. How many litres of oil she uses wouldn’t be your business.

If you have to sit like this to bother your head about prices and inflation, scratch it. Have an indoor trad in her father’s sitting room, proceed to a registry if you want.

This is 2021 for God’s sake. The people you want to come for a wedding, some of us do not even have money for transport. If we come, we no fit spray you pass 2k.

Many people here have exhibited a strong dislike towards you, but i've seen many of your comments and you're very logical in your reasoning

I don't know of your past record here but, from what i've observed, you're able to view things through a rational lens from your comments, unlike many females

Take care

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by melviniyke2002(m): 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2021
kingreign:

You don't need 1 cow, 4 bags of rice for that wedding ceremony.
Just go to an abattoir, they can sell parts of cow butchered for you. With ₦50,000, plus ₦30,000 chicken, you're game. You just need 1½ bag of 50kg rice.

I'm trying to assist you plan efficiently and save cost. You do NOT need crowd, because even when you have crowd, you'd spend more, the foods, drinks will be wasted, some folks will also hijack the refreshments and hoard foods and drinks.

wisdom.....
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by taretoofine(m): 1:16pm On Jul 28, 2021
MYHUBBY:

if the Op is financially strong, he won't be bothered with price list yet he still want to spend millions on wedding, what then would be his fate after the wedding

I exploited lockdown era for my wedding, people dey shout ha you dey marry Igbo, just go and find 2million on ground but with God I spent 600k with transport of myself and my people to East then go to court with family reception, she even vex say I no go church, church that would called attention of batallion, na so I save 700k out of 1.5m I budgeted
I go need you for my wedding planning
Surely I will keep in touch

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Coolbadguy: 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
This is far better compare to now, more than triple to now, God will continue to give us more money to do even greater things whether buhari witchcraft or economy down time we will continue to make more and more money to spend and take care of our families and friends and helping the helpless and less privilege...Amen.
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Karlosorji(m): 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Omo second to comment
I dedicate this spot to my no nonsense lectural mr Clifford thanks for trying to bring back the seriousness in me

But try know say as e be now I belong to the street
Back to the question

Where u wan for see cow buy 100k

Wetyn u write self nur go reach for birthday

Only cow go collect everything wey u write

Just write x5 for everything wey u write
The guy said four years ago
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by akaahs(m): 1:29pm On Jul 28, 2021
EBUBS:

No put me fear abeg. I take God beg you
Baba, no put money for all the items u need, if not fear alone go kill u. Just cut everything according to strength and enter market dey buy weytin Ur hand go reach
I did mine in May, e no easy. I never recover till date.
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 28, 2021
pocohantas:

Omo! Ishi, if my children wan see my wedding picture, make them imagine am for their head. They should get creative abi imaginative, because I ain’t doing nothing!

Nigerian youths should start using their heads. They can organize a photoshoot if they want pictures for memory. After that, go for a honeymoon in a nearby African country. That is a whole lot better than sweating inside one hall while dancing skelewu, watching people drag foofoo, jollof rice and souvenirs, greeting unknown faces, including the ones that don’t mind tying your womb if they could. grin

I have the right to advise them because it is us they would want to sell 3yards asoebi for @ 25k. It is still us they would expect to spray them money that they can use to recoup their wedding expenses. It is us they will want to borrow money from after wedding. It is even worse when you are single because they assume you have no responsiblities. Whether single or married…they don’t spare us of their expectations. So I won’t spare them my advice!

Thank you.
LMAO! Savage reply.
But the reality is coating cloth according to the materials.
I cover events. I see the way people lavish at events especially burials.
Whenever I wanna do my isn't personal event, I do it moderately. Cos I can't be owing money after party.
Why can't others copy my style?
They saw the way moderate do mine but choose to lavish for their & they ll come back to be borrowing money, claiming they entered debt after the event. Whereas, me dey get rich after events
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by DavidEsq(m): 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by akaahs(m): 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2021
tasland:
seriously my brother,I did mine April dis year na indoor wedding ooo upon all the money av been saving just finished upon say na low key tins ooo tins av cost badly but tank God Shaa it was a success
I did mine in May, up till date I'm yet to recover financially.
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Kolisky(m): 2:21pm On Jul 28, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Walai, i dey laugh really hard for here grin grin grin
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by novia22(f): 2:25pm On Jul 28, 2021
How many people are you expecting first?
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by sholikay(m): 2:35pm On Jul 28, 2021
pocohantas:

Omo! Ishi, if my children wan see my wedding picture, make them imagine am for their head. They should get creative abi imaginative, because I ain’t doing nothing!

Nigerian youths should start using their heads. They can organize a photoshoot if they want pictures for memory. After that, go for a honeymoon in a nearby African country. That is a whole lot better than sweating inside one hall while dancing skelewu, watching people drag foofoo, jollof rice and souvenirs, greeting unknown faces, including the ones that don’t mind tying your womb if they could. grin
Kai!. Had it been my ex-girlfriend,reason like this way you reason so,we for dey look forward to our wedding day soonest...but she labeled me a poor thinker or someone with negative mindset... I told her it's not about negative mindset of not being buoyant to cater for luxury wedding, but I don't fancy all those one day noise..I prefer giving her (fiancee) the extra money budgeted for large wedding,if we eventually agree to a small wedding.. she said lai!.. lai!.. ooo...that was how we parted ways... Blaming me for being a negative thinker,hence she can't roll with such person not to talk of marrying..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by newoffer: 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hefty ram wey get big belle with nothing in itquote author=Ishilove post=104162403]
You can see a hefty ram for that amount[/quote]
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by clems88(m): 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2021
I bought quarter cow almost 150k for my wedding lat year. Op better update that list
Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by PattyMike(m): 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2021
EBUBS:

No put me fear abeg. I take God beg you

No be fear actually. A carton of chicken Orobo now is 19k plus. Now you wan buy 4 that’s 19k X 4 = 76k plus. My own sef nah ending of this year, piss just Dey catch me anyhow this days.

1 Like

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Abdogood(m): 2:54pm On Jul 28, 2021
Op can you remember how you spent evey mins of last Sunday? Nope! only a few memories, which will fade off over time. Same happens with wedding ceremorie. Don't kill yourself. Dont feed those who are not hungry. They will only eat ur cow meat and throw away
the rice. In few ages, you hardly remember what transpired on your wedding day.

Infact I have forgetten i attended some weddings ceremonies. Nigeria problem is too much.

Work within you budget and neverrrrrrr take loan to do any ceremony. It doesn't worth it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Neighbour Punishes His 16-year-old Daughter By Stripping Her Unclad / OAU Student, Bak-Abasi Umoh Is Missing (Photos) / Wife Finds Her Death Certificate In Husband’s Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.