Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC (7464 Views)

Meet Saratu Umar, The NIPC Boss Sacked By Both Buhari And GEJ Over Same Issue / Ogun, Adamawa, Oyo, Lagos Top List Of Presidential Aides / FG Bars States Owing Salaries From Accessing $2.69bn Paris Club Refunds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by LegendHero(m): 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2021
Following the investment announcement of over $1.69 billion into Nigeria in the second quarter (Q2) of 2021, Ogun and Lagos State have come top on the list of investment destination in the country.

According to the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) report for investment announcement for Q2 of 2021, investment into Ogun state stands at $500 million representing 30 per cent of the total announcement while Lagos State has an investment of about $441.3 million representing 26 per cent of the total announcement.

Others are Nasarawa state with an investment of $300 million representing 18 per cent of the announcement, Rivers State also has an investment of $300 million representing another 18 per cent of the announcement.

Kano, Adamawa, Ekiti and Kogi states altogether represent 1 per cent of the investment announcement in Q2, 2021.

The announcement covers 14 projects in Manufacturing, Electricity, Information and Communications and Real estate.

Based on the NIPC report, the investment announcement in Q2 of 2021 is about 80 per cent lower than the investment announcement in Q1 of the same year.

In Q1 of 2021, the total investment announcement was about $10.11 billion with projects in four sectors of Manufacturing, Construction, Electricity and Information and Communications.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/ogun-lagos-top-list-of-1-69bn-investment-destinations-in-nigeria-in-q2-―-nipc/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Asgard73: 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2021
Finally the NBS statistics is here ... propaganda used to sustain Yoruba Nation

Can one point where the development and investors are In Nasarawa... apart from MARARABA AXIS.. which other area is developed or investors trooping in... Lafia or Akwanga? To the tone of $300mil.

Ogun State .. that we all know nothing is moving in that state from Abeokuta to Ota..

Where is ? and who are the investors to the tone of $500mils
My people in ogun can you name or point out FDI in Ogun State .. in this quarter .

Not to talk more of Kogi and Ekiti.. Ekiti is even worst..
a ghosted Capital with deserted cities is said to have over $100mil..

How and where are all this figures coming

This people will just wake and cook up figures to sustain allocation.. same deserted Ekiti will record over 1million votes during elections
And one begin to wonder.

Anyway Na themselves dem they do .. every Nigeria know say this named states are nothing in reality

While states like delta abia anambra that is pushing on ground is nowhere near..

Remember one time the listed Osun State.. now asking where are those Osun investors all gone to.

Reality is different from Yoruba NBS statistics..

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by iSpitonYourGrav: 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
grin
Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by LegendHero(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ogun trying and more work need to be done to up their game more.

I always feel sad anytime Oyo is missing from all these metrics. Oyo got lot of potential and there is no reason why the state should be missing in stuffs like this.

On another note:
Below are the companies that invested in each state.

https://www.nipc.gov.ng/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/20210717-H1-2021-Investment-Announcements.pdf

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Newton85: 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2021
This is a false report from the stables of Lagos-Ibadan, Afonja, Ewedu media. You mean no investor finds the most deveroped region in Nigeria (where all the people are billionaires) appealing?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Asgard73: 8:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
LegendHero:

I always feel sad anytime Oyo is missing from all these metrics. Oyo got lot of potential and there is no reason why the state should be missing in stuffs like this.

Only that the metrics is far different from what is obtainable in reality and have not translated to development of any kind in those states..

Especially the Yoruba states and kogi..

Next..
is for this metrics and statistics propaganda is to educate Nigeria on direct index used.

Or maybe you educate us more .. reading this doesn’t make sense to a layman..

Some will come with empty noise without knowing modalities used.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by LegendHero(m): 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
Asgard73:

Only that the metrics is far different from what is obtainable in reality and have not translated to development of any kind in those states..

Especially the Yoruba states and kogi..

Next..
is for this metrics and statistics propaganda is to educate Nigeria on direct index used.

Or maybe you educate us more .. reading this doesn’t make sense to a layman..

Some will come with empty noise without knowing modalities used.

Lol. Find your mates to dialogue with because I don’t want to reduce the potency of my brain.

Bro, start by knowing how to construct a proper sentence that is logical to follow. After that, mention me and I’ll give you a deserving reply.

Thanks!

73 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2021
Apart from anambra South East is a place to run away from as a business man

High crime rate
Misinformed youth can burn down your business if they suspect you're against their supreme leader
State can't provide condusive environments for business, bad road, advertisement.
Propaganda, segregation etc

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Asgard73: 8:19pm On Jul 27, 2021
LegendHero:

Lol. Find your mates to dialogue with because I don’t want to reduce the potency of my brain.

Bro, Start by knowing how to construct a proper sentence that is logical to follow. After that, mention me and I’ll give you a deserving reply.

Thanks!

You no get excuse...

Explain how una take arrive on this oluwole statistics..

Simple.

No be long talk...or turench.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by LegendHero(m): 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
Asgard73:

You no get excuse...

Explain how una take arrive on this oluwole statistics..

Simple.

No be long talk...or turench.

Go and read this report. It list the companies that invested with their names.

https://www.nipc.gov.ng/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/20210717-H1-2021-Investment-Announcements.pdf

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by BlowYourMind: 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Monogamy: 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
Very good.

We need more ejo edakun

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Asgard73: 8:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
LegendHero:

Go and read this report. It list the companies that invested with their names.

I don’t do propaganda...

Let’s see how other states fare and compAnies that invested.

And where is akwaibom?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by LegendHero(m): 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
Asgard73:

I don’t do propaganda...

Let’s see how other states fare and compAnies that invested.

And where is akwaibom?

Wahala ma wa de o.

Wetin concern me with Akwa Ibom?

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Monogamy: 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2021
Asgard73:

Can one point where the development and investors are In Nasarawa... apart from MARARABA AXIS.. which other area is developed or investors trooping in... Lafia or Akwanga? To the tone of $300mil.

Ogun State .. that we all know nothing is moving in that state from Abeokuta to Ota..

My people in ogun can you name or point out FDI in Ogun State .. in this quarter .

This people will just wake and cook up figures to sustain allocation.. same deserted Ekiti will record over 1million votes during elections
And one begin to wonder.

Anyway Na themselves dem they do .. every Nigeria know say this named states are nothing in reality

While states like delta abia anambra that is pushing on ground is nowhere near..

Remember one time the listed Osun State.. now asking where are those Osun investors all gone to.

When are you publishing this book?

grin cheesy

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Asgard73: 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
LegendHero:

Wahala ma wa de o.

Wetin concern me with Akwa Ibom?

Is clear NIPC propaganda is to massage ego ..

Next time .. they should publish all states and investors
Not selected few.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by jneutron4000: 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2021
[s]
Asgard73:

And one begin to wonder.

[/s]

27 Likes

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by teamoneline: 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
No eastern state. cry

3 Likes

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by LegendHero(m): 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Asgard73:

Is clear NIPC propaganda is to massage ego ..

Next time .. they should publish all states and investors
Not selected few.

Do you think investment is like quota system allocation?

How will they publish for all states if there is no investment in some of those states for Q2?

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by nisai: 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
LegendHero:

On another note:
Below are the companies that invested in each state.

Oyo will regain its glory soon, bro. I am sure of that.
Ajisebi oyo laari ........ Lots of potential!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
hmmm issokay
Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by nisai: 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
Newton85:
This is a false report from the stables of Lagos-Ibadan, Afonja, Ewedu media. You mean no investor finds the most deveroped region in Nigeria (where all the people are billionaires) appealing?
grin grin grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by potopotoking: 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
n
Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by gungab(m): 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
Nice one

Check my siggy
Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by potopotoking: 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2021
Asgard73:
Finally the NBS statistics is here ... propaganda used to sustain Omo Doodoo Nation

Can one point where the development and investors are In Nasarawa... apart from MARARABA AXIS.. which other area is developed or investors trooping in... Lafia or Akwanga? To the tune of $300mil.

Where is ? and who are the investors to the tune of $500mils
My people in Ogun can you name or point out FDI in Ogun State .. in this quarter .

And one begin to wonder.

While states like Delta Abia Anambra that is pushing on ground is nowhere near..

Reality is different from Yirinbanza NBS statistics..

1 Like

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Bettykeys: 9:00pm On Jul 27, 2021
I can see Ndi Nyaminrin crying foul for not having any investment record throughout the Q2 of 2021

When they were busy killing security personnels in their region do they think that would serve as attraction and inviting for investors ?

Ogun need to put in more efforts to attracts more investors bcs we need to be competing with the city of excellency not d city of Ndi flatinooo

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Omoluabi1stborn: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2021
[s]
Asgard73:

And one begin to wonder.

[/s]

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by LegendHero(m): 9:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
nisai:
Oyo will regain its glory soon, bro. I am sure of that.
Ajisebi oyo laari ........ Lots of potential!

I hope so.

Oyo o se bi baba eni kankan.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari To Inaugurate Onochie, Others As NDDC Board / Chinese Loans Rise By 209% Under Buhari, Hit $4 Billion / Fajuyi- The Forgotten Nigerian Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.