Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,156 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:59 AM

Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC (7446 Views)

Meet Saratu Umar, The NIPC Boss Sacked By Both Buhari And GEJ Over Same Issue / Ogun, Adamawa, Oyo, Lagos Top List Of Presidential Aides / FG Bars States Owing Salaries From Accessing $2.69bn Paris Club Refunds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
You have dropped wailing pill for this night and Asgard has picked and drunk it. He is going to wail and be depressed for the rest of the week. The other wailers are on their way.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Wickedfact: 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
[s]
Asgard73:
Finally the NBS statistics is here ... propaganda used to sustain Yoruba Nation

Can one point where the development and investors are In Nasarawa... apart from MARARABA AXIS.. which other area is developed or investors trooping in... Lafia or Akwanga? To the tone of $300mil.

Ogun State .. that we all know nothing is moving in that state from Abeokuta to Ota..

Where is ? and who are the investors to the tone of $500mils
My people in ogun can you name or point out FDI in Ogun State .. in this quarter .

Not to talk more of Kogi and Ekiti.. Ekiti is even worst..
a ghosted Capital with deserted cities is said to have over $100mil..

How and where are all this figures coming

This people will just wake and cook up figures to sustain allocation.. same deserted Ekiti will record over 1million votes during elections
And one begin to wonder.

Anyway Na themselves dem they do .. every Nigeria know say this named states are nothing in reality

While states like delta abia anambra that is pushing on ground is nowhere near..

Remember one time the listed Osun State.. now asking where are those Osun investors all gone to.

Reality is different from Yoruba NBS statistics..

[/s]

If those SE states are developing as you claim, why is it that you don't find people migrating to those states? Instead, we find you migrating out of those states into the states in this report.
January now, you see Igbos running out of Igboland as if there is war there.

I just saw that you added Abia. You are irredeemably stupid.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by nisai: 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2021
Wickedfact:
[s][/s]

If those SE states are developing as you claim, why is it that you don't find people migrating to those states? Instead, we find you migrating out of those states into the states in this report.
I no understand how them dey reason I swear.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Aksnoopy: 9:15pm On Jul 27, 2021
Monogamy:
Very good.

We need more ejo edakun
Fvck you!
Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by theTranscriber: 9:17pm On Jul 27, 2021
Very good they should keep coming
And employ our indigenes

1 Like

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by elganzar(m): 9:19pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ogun state, always making me proud!!
Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
Shout out to the Igbos, investing in themselves without needing foreign investors. I can only imagine what they'd do as a country

They create industries and businesses and sell to the foreign investor instead. Now that is a boss move.

1 Like

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by mixratio(m): 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
Is this nigerias version of NFP?
Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Wickedfact: 9:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
nisai:
I no understand how them dey reason I swear.

That one is very foolish. He is comparing Ogun state to Abia. Just imagine. Something that we have his brothers in Abeokuta and Ijebu Ode hawking charger and earpiece. How many people from Ogun state do you see going to do that nonsense in Abia.

18 Likes

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Wickedfact: 9:23pm On Jul 27, 2021
WUdec:
Shout out to the Igbos, investing in themselves without needing foreign investors. I can only imagine what they'd do as a country

They create industries and businesses and sell to the foreign investor instead. Now that is a boss move.

If you don't know how to use OPM to advance your business, you will keep running Okafor and Sons Enterprises type of businesses. .

10 Likes

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by nisai: 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2021
Wickedfact:

That one is very foolish. He is comparing Ogun state to Abia. Just imagine. Something that we have his brothers in Abeokuta and Ijebu Ode hawking charger and earpiece. How many people from Ogun state do you see going to do that nonsense in Abia.
grin grin He knows the truth. Ego will not just allow him to admit. Them full Ijebu Ode, Abeokuta, Akure, Ibadan, Osogbo, even gbogan that's not a major city.

12 Likes

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by mujahid777(m): 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
WUdec:

Keep deceiving yourself. FDI is a huge metric to gauge the economic future of a place. Even igbos invest more outside the SE.
Foreigners won't just drop their money anywhere; serious assessment was done beforehand.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by nisai: 9:31pm On Jul 27, 2021
WUdec:

You see mentality! Chai!

5 Likes

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Wickedfact: 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
mujahid777:

Keep deceiving yourself. FDI is a huge metric to gauge the economic future of a place. Even igbos invest more outside the SE.
Foreigners won't just drop their money anywhere; serious assessment was done beforehand.

That idiot is just fooling himself. Nwodo their Ohaneze President is based in Lagos, has properties in Lagos and invests in Lagos.

Anheuser-Busch Inbev opened a brewery in Anambra. In fact, Peter Obi put 300M of Anambra money in it. They eventually ran away from there and moved to Ogun state.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Tareq1105: 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
For your information, when you get to Ogun State, go from Siun to Interchange Road and see things for yourself.

The rate at which companies are springing up in that axis alone calls for commendation of Gov Dapo Abiodun.

Asgard73:

Can one point where the development and investors are In Nasarawa... apart from MARARABA AXIS.. which other area is developed or investors trooping in... Lafia or Akwanga? To the tone of $300mil.

Ogun State .. that we all know nothing is moving in that state from Abeokuta to Ota..

My people in ogun can you name or point out FDI in Ogun State .. in this quarter .

This people will just wake and cook up figures to sustain allocation.. same deserted Ekiti will record over 1million votes during elections
And one begin to wonder.

Anyway Na themselves dem they do .. every Nigeria know say this named states are nothing in reality

While states like delta abia anambra that is pushing on ground is nowhere near..

Remember one time the listed Osun State.. now asking where are those Osun investors all gone to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Lawalemi(m): 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
A state that could do much more is simply celebrating mediocrity.
Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by mujahid777(m): 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
Wickedfact:

That idiot is just fooling himself. Nwodo their Ohaneze President is based in Lagos, has properties in Lagos and invests in Lagos.

Anheuser-Busch Inbev opened a brewery in Anambra. In fact, Peter Obi put 300M of Anambra money in it. They eventually ran away from there and moved to Ogun state.
This their pride will lead to their downfall. Rather than taking this as a challenge and see how they could solve this issue,they flat-out deny it simply because it doesn't massage their ego. Like even the best nations actively seek to recognize the areas lacking,but nah! They are the best in everything. And because of their denial,the issue remains unsolved; and by the time their eyes clear,then it will be too late.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by theTranscriber: 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
nisai:
grin grin He knows the truth. Ego will not just allow him to admit. Them full Ijebu Ode, Abeokuta, Akure, Ibadan, Osogbo, even gbogan that's not a major city.
they're many like crazy in Sango ota
They dominate hawking expired gala,fake shoes and belts fake electronics

6 Likes

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Konquest: 9:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
LegendHero:
Ogun trying and more work need to be done to up their game more.

I always feel sad anytime Oyo is missing from all these metrics. Oyo got lot of potential and there is no reason why the state should be missing in stuffs like this.

On another note:
Below are the companies that invested in each state.

https://www.nipc.gov.ng/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/20210717-H1-2021-Investment-Announcements.pdf
Awesome smiley @Legendhero

Once the dry container port in
Ibadan that will reduce container traffic in the Lagos axis gets completed, more investments
will come into Oyo State.

According to an NPA info from
the ex-boss Hadiza Bala-Usman, over 70% of all the container imports are meant for the manufacturing/industrial clusters
in the West of Nigeria, i.e, mainly
Lagos, Ogun, Oyo. The 2019
article was in The Punch.

The remaining 25% containers
imported are meant for other
regions in Nigeria.

This cargo import statistics also clearly shows that the falsehood being peddled by some uninformed and gullible people that most of
the containerised imported goods are owned by Ibo traders. This is
pure falsehood.

Lebanese-Nigerians, Indians, Yorubas, and others are importing
containerised cargo for industrial use and for trading big time.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Komu1048(m): 10:11pm On Jul 27, 2021
Asgard73:

And one begin to wonder.

Mr. U don jakpa. U think it's about killing policemen n uniform men

6 Likes

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by LegendHero(m): 10:15pm On Jul 27, 2021
Konquest:

Awesome smiley @Legendhero

Once the dry container port in
Ibadan that will reduce container traffic in the Lagos axis gets completed, more investments
will come into Oyo State.

According to an NPA info from
the ex-boss Hadiza Bala-Usman, over 70% of all the container imports are meant for the manufacturing/industrial clusters
in the West of Nigeria, i.e, mainly
Lagos, Ogun, Oyo. The 2019
article was in The Punch.

The remaining 25% containers
imported are meant for other
regions in Nigeria.

This cargo import statistics also clearly shows that the falsehood being peddled by some uninformed and gullible people that most of
the containerised imported goods are owned by Ibo traders. This is
pure falsehood.

Lebanese-Nigerians, Indians, Yorubas, and others are importing
containerised cargo for industrial use and for trading big time.

Make sense then.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by stanluiz(m): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lol. Foreign investment. While unemployment rate plus massive inflation is till rising up.
Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
A. Country that can't conduct proper census to know the actual population

Haha
Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Gbagura: 10:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ogun is stinkly rich just that we're blessed with unfortunate leaders who only come to pack money and do rubbish. Dapo is another disaster in ogun state. Guyman knows zilch about governance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by NacoAba: 11:00pm On Jul 27, 2021
Anytime I read the level of thinking in this nairaland, I shake my head, your thinking is too low for me and I can't be arguing here . All I can tell you is to maintain your low level thinking in anywhere you think you are, we don't send all this statistics, we do our business and make wealth and live our life . Think whatever you like about the easterners, we don't care. If you are man enough give us what we are asking for and stop fooling yourself in this platform please

Wickedfact:
[s][/s]

I just saw that you added Abia. You are irredeemably stupid.
Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by theTranscriber: 11:06pm On Jul 27, 2021
[s]
NacoAba:

Anytime I read the level of thinking in this nairaland, I shake my head, your thinking is too low for me and I can't be arguing here . All I can tell you is to maintain your low level thinking in anywhere you think you are, we don't send all this statistics, we do our business and make wealth and live our life . Think whatever you like about the easterners, we don't care. If you are man enough give us what we are asking for and stop fooling yourself in this platform please[/s]

trash

Who's stopping you from going back to your land?
Your ego will destroy laslas

4 Likes

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by pacespot(m): 11:27pm On Jul 27, 2021
But let's be sincere for once, Nigeria, being the largest economy in Africa, only received $1.6b worth of investments in a quarter. This is really bad, how can a country grow with this kind of paltry investments, this is not how China grew.

The solution is for the government and private sectors to invest in human capital development in this country. Foreign investments are so needed because of the technology they bring along. If we have the technology, then we'll be less reliant on such investment. Technology is the only thing that Nigeria needs to fight for.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun, Lagos top list of $1.69bn investment destinations in Nigeria in Q2 ― NIPC by Wickedfact: 11:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
NacoAba:

Anytime I read the level of thinking in this nairaland, I shake my head, your thinking is too low for me and I can't be arguing here . All I can tell you is to maintain your low level thinking in anywhere you think you are, we don't send all this statistics, we do our business and make wealth and live our life . Think whatever you like about the easterners, we don't care. If you are man enough give us what we are asking for and stop fooling yourself in this platform please.

My friend, please keep shut. You are here with your foolish victim mentality while your fellow idiot in the earlier pages was claiming superiority.
You are outside Igboland busy hyping the SE. Why don't you leave and go back to the SE?
You fools elect idiots to lead you and run out to other people's land to enjoy good governance. Stay in the SE and develop it, stop coming out to spew nonsense and shed foolish tears.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Aguiyi Ironsi Visiting Ibadan Before His Arrest And Murder / Which Nigerian Politician Has The Finest Wife? / Nigeria's Population To Surpass U.S By 2050

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.