Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,580 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma (21292 Views)

Fear Grips Crowd As Weird-Looking Men Storm A Wedding Reception (Video) / I Was Denied Food At A Funeral For Not Wearing "Aso Ebi" / Endowed Lady Causes Stirs With Her Backside At A Wedding Reception. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by Chuky7(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2021
In pre-wedding arrangement,
doesn't the bride sponsor her chief brides maid?

A friend of mine is confused on if she has to make ashowebi or if her host will do the necessary

You know to avoid unnecessary billing

So what do you think.

1 Like

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by onlyhope: 12:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
Why would the bride sponsor her bridesmaids? The dress they would be wearing are they not the ones using it after the event? Wedding event of just 2-5 hours max na him you dey worry yourself? The bride (or groom) can sponsor if s/he's rich anyway.
Chuky7:

A friend of mine is confused on if she has to make ashowebi or if her host will do the necessary

So what do you think.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by Ishilove: 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
Someone should please educate me here: what is the essence of bridesmaids? I am genuinely curious

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by Klass99(f): 2:37pm On Jul 28, 2021
smiley

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by naptu2: 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2021
Ishilove:
Someone should please educate me here: what is the essence of bridesmaids? I am genuinely curious

Lady in waiting. Special assistant.

2 Likes

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by mariahAngel(f): 2:43pm On Jul 28, 2021
Ishilove:

Their duties are to run errands for the bride so she doesn’t stress herself. (She tells them what she expects of them)
They’re very necessary and helpful too, especially if they’re reliable and trustworthy.
Na flower girls no necessary.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2021
You're mixing it up.

Asoebi is for the family members and friends who wish to buy and wear the same with the family. And the one for the girls family is funded by the bride while the one for the guys family is funded by the guy.

The chief brides maid buys her clothes with her own money except she's not bouyant enough to support the bride then the bride can help her get it. Though what is not always clear is, if the bride collects money from her guy or she uses her own money to get it.

Normally, the brides uses out of whatever the groom gives her as support most times to buy some wedding items.

Modified.

Some people are getting the whole thing twisted.
OP said, "chief brides maid" not bridal train ( flower girls).
The bridal trains outfit is sorted by the bride ( with support from bobo) while the chief, lady who follows her directly behind, buys her clothes with her own money. ( Based on agreement between both of them)

8 Likes

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by pocohantas(f): 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2021
Chuky7:

So what do you think.

It is usually women with this problem. Most guys will readily buy suits and shoes for their friend’s wedding.

Anyway, I noticed women prefer to buy asoebi that they can easily wear for other occasions, than to pay for bridal train clothes.

Asoebi ladies are different from bridesmaids. You are mixing them up.

Bridesmaids are given their clothes FOC, except if you have working female friends and they decide to spare you that expense. Aso ebi babes pay for their clothes.

If your friend is a grown woman, then it is quite pitiful she is waiting for her friend to sew clothe for her. Does she need pant and bra too? Mtcheew

20 Likes

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by Ishilove: 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
naptu2:

Lady in waiting. Special assistant.
Oh okay. Do we need up to 7 or 8 bridesmaids?
Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by Ishilove: 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
mariahAngel:

Their duties are to run errands for the bride so she doesn’t stress herself. (She tells them what she expects of them)
They’re very necessary and helpful too, especially if they’re reliable and trustworthy.
Na flower girls no necessary.
Oh okay thanks
Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by naptu2: 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2021
Ishilove:

Oh okay. Do we need up to 7 or 8 bridesmaids?

There's no rule. Everything depends on the people involved.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by Mstick: 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
It all depends on the bride and her budget.

The weddings I know about including mine, I only sponsored my chief bridesmaids outfit i.e material and sewing, but the order ladies in the train I gave them the material and a style.

Giving how expensive things are she can just do it to support her friend.

3 Likes

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by esthel(f): 6:26pm On Jul 28, 2021
I've been on a train so many times with me paying and it's just once the bride sponsored the dress, we just showed up.
Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by Chuky7(m): 12:27am On Jul 30, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by handsomeyinka(m): 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2021
ASK ABBA KYARI THE TAILOR ABOUT ANY ASO EBI QUESTIONS BEFORE FBI TAKE HIM TOO FAR.

HIS THE CURRENT TAILOR TRENDING NOW.

15 Likes

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by inoki247: 12:26pm On Jul 30, 2021
Yea our Muslim Brothers what's the Ruling on Aso Ebi today na Friday abg...

I'm asking for a freind....

7 Likes

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by FeliciaOja(f): 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2021
J
Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by DrFunmisticGlow: 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2021
onlyhope:
Why would the bride sponsor her bridesmaids? The dress they would be wearing are they not the ones using it after the event? Wedding event of just 2-5 hours max na him you dey worry yourself? The bride (or groom) can sponsor if s/he's rich anyway.
see ehn,most of those bridesmaids dresses are never worn again after the wedding.

1 Like

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2021
Wahala be like Aso-ebi......... undecided

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by ILoveDemMANNA: 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2021
post=104246258:
Wahala be like Aso-ebi......... undecided
My mentor,
More like this asoebi.....

2 Likes

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by whela(m): 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2021
Nigerians...always doing pass themselves..
Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by DrFunmisticGlow: 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2021
Mstick:
It all depends on the bride and her budget.

The weddings I know about including mine, I only sponsored my chief bridesmaids outfit i.e material and sewing, but the order ladies in the train I gave them the material and a style.

Giving how expensive things are she can just do it to support her friend.
if she doesn't have money she better discuss with the bride
Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by KingLennon(m): 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2021
Contact this man, he can handle it. He is the best in town for anything Aso Ebi...

Don't thank me what are friends for... .

2 Likes

Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by jospepper(m): 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2021
I think if she has the money she should sponsor them, if not let them put heads together and come up with a solution.

I know of a wedding where the groom chose to pay for the suits used by the Men in suits.
Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by Successmind(m): 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2021
Na that one they bring conjugal Bliss and peaceful home?
Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 30, 2021
wahala dey o
Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by femijay8271(m): 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2021
Shey you dey wine abba Kyari ni
Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by theTranscriber: 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2021
Aso ebi kiss
Re: Aso Ebi: My Friend Has A Wedding Dilemma by Jh0wsef(m): 12:31pm On Jul 30, 2021
Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Valentine's Day To All Nairalanders / My Mother 65 Years Birthday Celebrations/thanksgiving Photos / The Accolade Challenge: Brands Are Taking Advantage Of It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.