Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics (43673 Views)

US Convicts 5 Nigerian Athletes For Money Laundering / IOC Backtrack, Returns Samsung Phones To Nigerian Athletes / Olympics: Disqualified Nigerian Athletes Protest In Tokyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by Emeka71(m): 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2021
FalseProphet1:
When I prophesied that the Nigerian Olympic team will win 3 medals, everyone came for my head and ignored the reality that our team went to the Olympics badly prepared. From the looks of things I see them struggling to even win the 3 medals.

This I have seen.
Please can you predict correct score of soccer ¿

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by Litmus: 9:57pm On Jul 28, 2021
In spite of all that's been said, rightly, in condemnation of our sports authorities, they do need encouraging to fight decisions made against Nigeria's interests by world governing bodies. They, Nigeria’s Sports Authorities,, should be pouring over every verdict, looking for technicalities to challenge since the outside world do not operate with the objective honesty, virtue and sportsmanship, Nigerians tend to associate with the West. For instance, the Nigeria relay team that qualified for this Olympics, by posting the relevant time, was disqualified because the country of the relay squad Nigeria dispossessed, unsportingly, sent a video to the world Athletics governing body pointing out some technicalities during the race involving the placement of cones.

If Nigeria authorities keep weakly accepting international verdicts against them, international bodies will continually penalise Nigeria for contraventions other more belligerent and litigious nations would get away with. Bullying is not part of the Nigerians psyche or Nigeria society culture but it is very much a Western trait and culture. They feel no shame and are very adept at ganging up on the weak. Nigeria needs to guide against becoming a Nation bullied by the world by learning to fight back, learning to fight decisions no mater how hopeless fighting those decisions may at first seem .

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by Cousin9999: 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2021
Yeah, I don't believe they were fairly banned.

Doesn't matter anyway. Haven't watched, and still refuse to watch.

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
Sleekfingers:

how dem go get medal? Were they fully prepared for the olympics? Lots of countries there have been preparing for this olympic since 4yrs ago.........sometimes i just pity those people representing this country......they will just look foolish ......they are not properly trained, .....this is a international embarrasement.......

Well when it comes to proper preparations and execution we no de fail to disappoint. Funny thing is after this Olympics they will start talking of preparing "on time" for the next. Technically we're not even registered on the medal table because we never win any medal.
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by theTranscriber: 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
Kandeed:
Igbos dey represent 9ja now, one single game we never see win since Olympic start. make dem return alla dem back jare with military police waiting at the airport ready to blala their black butt angry
shocked cheesy grin
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by Sleekfingers: 10:19pm On Jul 28, 2021
Someone7:

Well when it comes to proper preparations and execution we no de fail to disappoint. Funny thing is after this Olympics they will start talking of preparing "on time" for the next. Technically we're not even registered on the medal table because we never win any medal.

what a country

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by Zainabthegirl1(f): 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2021
I’m sure they were expecting those athletes to do the test on their own.maybe they don’t know what no-notice test is....nothing wey federation won spend money on...smh I pity this country
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by Eriokanmi: 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2021
Dem take corruption enter Tokyo, shame
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by rollandben(m): 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2021
lordm:
Nigeria is the only country yet to win any medals in this Olympic games
Thats to show that Nothing like Nigeria again. Everything about Nigeria is gradually putting to an end. President buhari himself is a heavy bad luck on this multiple nation called Nigeria
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by poiZon: 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2021
FalseProphet1:
When I prophesied that the Nigerian Olympic team will win 3 medals, everyone came for my head and ignored the reality that our team went to the Olympics badly prepared. From the looks of things I see them struggling to even win the 3 medals.

This I have seen.
U no dey see well...
I see them coming back to nigeria in keke napep...

This i have saw
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by OdefaGirl(f): 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2021
Sleekfingers:

u are right......tribalism etc has infested this forum......

I am sorry to say this, even the seun you are calling is a clown....if not , why allow his platform to be use as a battle field..........you now see why the FG need to start monitoring our social media activities.......if not the next civil war will start on Nairaland

Aswear Bro..... It's getting crazy and people feel cool with this.

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by budaatum: 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2021
toxtimmy:
I can bet my last bag of garri that the Nigerian Olympic committee was given millions of dollars for out of competion testing of athletes and also they took money from federal goverment to do same testing but here comes the breaking news... That is despite all this money received no testing was done and money is gone... I will bet my last bag of Beans on this too.

I would not bet against you for fear I might lose.
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by calcal: 11:53pm On Jul 28, 2021
This is bad for the hard-working youth after all the training. see weytin the zoo don cause
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by cooljude(m): 12:03am On Jul 29, 2021
ike6:
Chai sometimes I wonder why someone would take marijuana before engaging in a sports activity. Marijuana slows you down, it's only useful for physical labor that involves low cordinated thinking

Read d content and not the heading. They were not accused of doping. Rather, they are coming back home due to the failure of Nigeria sport agency.
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by opeey(m): 12:07am On Jul 29, 2021
olatade:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/476191-breaking-10-nigerian-athletes-banned-from-tokyo-olympics.html
We carry 60 people go Olympics,10 people don dey disqualified for doping.. Awon omo ti gba oja Sara before den go Olympics... Wetin remain now.. make den dey come back now
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by Zhunnurayn(m): 1:02am On Jul 29, 2021
By 2024, I will compete and be the first winner of GOLD MEDAL for Nigeria in the Olympics

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by Flairoqy(m): 2:12am On Jul 29, 2021
kponkedenge:
I don't blame them..... Our sports federation is just useless.... They don't give the athletes adequate funds for these types of things.. That's why you see them going to represent other serious countries.

See small Kenya, look at their ineligible athletes compared to us.
This is where we are getting it wrong, No country is small in this era.
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by harmony75: 4:42am On Jul 29, 2021
Why,? Where the country have lots of talents here and abroad this is � the organisers did not pick the right candidates just a waste!!!
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by DJInfluence: 4:46am On Jul 29, 2021
And Russia as a country that was banned for actually doping still have athletes competing in this games even if not recognised as Russia.
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by 10kgod(m): 6:04am On Jul 29, 2021
olatade:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/476191-breaking-10-nigerian-athletes-banned-from-tokyo-olympics.html

And when one man was criticizing the government before the participants the other day. They didn't allow him to talk freely..... grin grin

How is that gonna work self when majority of the participants are not residing in the country.
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by Palazee(m): 6:11am On Jul 29, 2021
Naija matter no be today

Since 1960 wink wink wink

Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by Killermamba: 6:34am On Jul 29, 2021
lordm:
Dont worry banditery will win us one medal lie Mohammed and APC will win the second and third medals
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by tomzyELNINO: 8:11am On Jul 29, 2021
lordm:

THATS NOT TRUE. THERE ARE MANY OTHER FAILURE-ORIENTED COUNTRIES THAT ARE YET TO WIN A MEDAL. ITS NOT ONLY THE NIGERIAN TEAMS THAT ARE A COMPLETE FAILURE.

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by Litmus: 9:30am On Jul 29, 2021
Incidentally, when is Nigeria going to begin instituting National Awards for stalwart athletes like Okun George, Okagbare and others?
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by Poleski: 9:44am On Jul 30, 2021
This is what corruption causes! Nigeria is so corrupt it hardly qualifies for minimal requirements of anything!
Re: 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics by budaatum: 1:54am On Jul 31, 2021
Nigerian federation 'bears responsibility' for ineligible athletes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/58010359

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ronaldo's Employee Crashes His £1.8million Bugatti Veyron / Obafemi Martins Reacts To Nigeria’s Exit From Russia 2018 / Wilfred Ndidi To Join Manchester United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.