Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,852 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer (27948 Views)

Bank Plus Core Banking Software/web App In Nigeria / What Every Aspiring Software Developer Must Know! VERY IMPORTANT / Aspiring Software Developer Seeking An Environment Contribute And Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by Kirkman: 1:32pm On Feb 07, 2022
MirthOsas:

Thanks baba.
I actually gave this a thought, but considering the fact that I already work full time with a firm, I'm thinking it could be disadvantageous as I'm followed by a lot of my colleagues and employer. I'll just look for a way to work around it though.
Thanks once again. smiley
Weekends is there especially on sundays even if it's 3-4 hours that you dedicate for yourself. Eventually it will pay off. stick to it and believe that it will happen.
You are never too old to start or achieve your goal even with your work schedule setbacks.
Only if you believe in yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by geelite(m): 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2022
please somebody in portharcourt should introduce me to a register company where i can learn web development with a certificate....
thanks
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by cliffypatt(m): 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2022
MirthOsas:
Hey Diary smiley

I created you to keep track of my progress as I venture into learning software/web development and eventually become an established developer.

Today I downloaded a course: The Ultimate Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp by Kalob Taulien. Going through the contents, Kalob advised that one of the best editors is VS Code, so I downloaded it too.

So far, I have learned how to customize the VS Code editor; create an html file; add the html, head, title, body, bold, italic and underline opening and closing tags. I also learned how to link different pages both internal and external.

Tired already, see ya tomorrow my dearest diary. cool

P.S: Special thanks to the ogas at the top, the likes of @tensazangetsu20. Going through your thread on the languages newbies should learn was a huge source of motivation. I'm grateful boss.

I am interested
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by Alaefulu(m): 1:58pm On Feb 07, 2022
Op mesef go like hit yiu Inger interest for programming oo
MirthOsas:

That'd be great smiley
Hit me on WhatsApp via Zero.Eight.One.Four.Eight.One.Nine.Three.
Six.Two.Seven
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by bakesntakes(m): 2:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
Him

You tired of spending so much money on airtime and data?

Earn free airtime and data by taking surveys.

No payment needed for registration

Follow link in signature and sign up now
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 2:49pm On Feb 07, 2022
LikeAking:

That free laptop stop is really cool.

Do you have any company offering such currently?

Just Enyata that I know of, and they've already started the process for this present set, you'd have to wait for the next one.
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 2:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
cliffypatt:

I am interested

I could help in the best way I can, shoot your questions..
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 2:51pm On Feb 07, 2022
Kirkman:

Weekends is there especially on sundays even if it's 3-4 hours that you dedicate for yourself. Eventually it will pay off. stick to it and believe that it will happen.
You are never too old to start or achieve your goal even with your work schedule setbacks.
Only if you believe in yourself.

Thanks boss, I already feel it'd pay off grin grin I've been able to dedicate about 3hours daily and it's been worth it.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by greenmouse(m): 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2022
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by Jide433: 3:50pm On Feb 07, 2022
MirthOsas:
Hey Diary smiley

I created you to keep track of my progress as I venture into learning software/web development and eventually become an established developer.

Today I downloaded a course: The Ultimate Full Stack Web Developer Bootcamp by Kalob Taulien. Going through the contents, Kalob advised that one of the best editors is VS Code, so I downloaded it too.

So far, I have learned how to customize the VS Code editor; create an html file; add the html, head, title, body, bold, italic and underline opening and closing tags. I also learned how to link different pages both internal and external.

P.S: Special thanks to the ogas at the top, the likes of @tensazangetsu20. Going through your thread on the languages newbies should learn was a huge source of motivation. I'm grateful boss.
bro please I'm about to go into it. Please how Can I link up with you
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by kobosmart(m): 6:09pm On Feb 07, 2022
MirthOsas:
Hey Diary smiley

Heyah, u go enjoy the ride I promise , download sololearn from your app store and look up easy web on YouTube for practical
Good luck
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by uchennamani(m): 6:48pm On Feb 07, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Use that course to learn just HTML. There's just one video on flexbox and one on grid in the CSS section. When you are done with the HTML download CSS the complete guide and JavaScript the complete guide by Maxmillian Schwartz.
The flex ox and grid course is dope. For JavaScript, I think Jonas Schmitmman's JavaScript course on Udemy is really good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by Adestar(m): 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2022
MirthOsas:

That'd be great smiley
Hit me on WhatsApp via Zero.Eight.One.Four.Eight.One.Nine.Three.
Six.Two.Seven

I would also like to reach out to u. I’m level zero in programming and I develop keen interest to sharpen my tech skill
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by cliffypatt(m): 1:22am On Feb 08, 2022
MirthOsas:

I could help in the best way I can, shoot your questions..

I wanna learn software and Web development
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by tmayde(m): 5:52am On Feb 08, 2022
I've spent too much time on css and I still don't seem to understand it that much. Any help is appreciated.
LikeAking:

Nice one.

It will take you some time to understand most of what you have learnt.

Give your self some time.

Good luck.

As for CSS, dont spend too much time on it.

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by LikeAking: 9:25am On Feb 08, 2022
tmayde:
I've spent too much time on css and I still don't seem to understand it that much. Any help is appreciated.

Thats the way it is, keep trying.
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 10:39pm On Feb 20, 2022
I found another opportunity for those interested in Cloud computing, DEVOPS and Network Engineering.. It's stated that it's free and there'd be an internship after the training.

https://switchacademy.com/?ref=edukhureosasere1@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by ShittuMiles: 8:39am On Feb 21, 2022
MirthOsas:
Hey Diary smiley

Please, can you share or anyone that has the the file downloaded? 08113396304

I beg you
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by preshogor: 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2022
Hey peeps. I have a well-structured course on HTML, CSS, Python, SQL, Git, Angular, React, Redux, Node, Django, Javascript, Java, c#, Ultimate Design Pattern etc. from beginner to mastery level at a very affordable price. It is by Mosh Hamedani. I bet you, you will like what you get. email me at preciousogor2@gmail.com. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by logik29(m): 2:40am On Mar 06, 2022
MirthOsas:
Hey D! It's been a while, but I am here again, LOL grin grin

I am glad that I am making steady progress even though there are days I feel like giving up, but I just remember why I started out in the first place, and that tends to rekindle the zeal to continue.

I finished a module on Numbers and strings, where I learnt about the floating point precision, the .toFixed method, the Big integer, The global Number and Math objects and assoicated methods and properties such as the .random(), .floor, etc. I also learnt about Regular Expressions.

I also finished another module on Asynchronous JavaScript, where I learnt about synchronous code execution, asynchronous code execution, blocking code and event loop, the effect of multiple callbacks. I also learnt about promises

Another module on Promises is gone too as I learnt about how to create promises, how to chain multiple promises using the .then() method. I also learnt about error handling using the .catch() method, the async - await, and the other some other methods available for Promises, such as the Promise.race(), Promise.all(), and the Promise.allSettled.

I have also finished a module on HTTP requests and I sincerely loved and still love this module. I learnt about how to send HTTP requests, the different types of requests, the concept of JSON data and Parsing Data, how to get the response when we send a request, and an alternative way of sending requests using the fetch API.

Yesterday, I finished a module on JavaScript libraries, where I learnt about some third party JS libraries available and how they make life the life of a developer easier. I learnt the different methods of adding libraries - by downloading or by using the CDN link. I specifically learnt about AXIOS, a library that makes sending HTTP requests way easier. I delved into jQuery, but its capabilities can be done by core JS APIs. I also learnt about using npmjs.com to search for resources and documentation regarding JS libraries.

I also started creating basic javascript projects and they are really basic though grin grin, but it keeps getting better. I created a counter app with live url: https://mirthosas.github.io/counter-app/

A random number generator app with live url : https://mirthosas.github.io/Random-Number-Generator/

A hex-colour generator app with live url: https://mirthosas.github.io/Hex-colour-generator/

It keeps getting better D!
Hello please where you able to download css and java script books by maximillian scwartz?
If yes,could you please share to me?
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by AdetayoS(m): 8:15pm On Mar 06, 2022

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by logik29(m): 4:56am On Mar 07, 2022
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 9:14am On Mar 10, 2022
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 9:20am On Mar 10, 2022
Hey D!

I am officially done with the JavaScript course. I'll be taking about 2 months off to build projects with vanilla JS, CSS and HTML.

Special thanks to @airsaylongcome, as he helped me with a course - 100days of JavaScript by Zino, where I'd have to build a single project daily, but I'd try to go with *2 of the normal pace. I also downloaded a course on Data Structures and Algorithms by Colt Steele, as I'd try to start to learn about DSAs along side building projects.

Better days ahead D!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by AshleyJohnson13: 11:00am On Mar 10, 2022
How do you know what the finished product will look like? I don't quite understand how the development process works. Or do I need to wait for the finished result and then make changes?
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by kennethfranc(m): 11:33am On Mar 10, 2022
MirthOsas:
Hey D!

I am officially done with the JavaScript course. I'll be taking about 2 months off to build projects with vanilla JS, CSS and HTML.

Special thanks to @airsaylongcome, as he helped me with a course - 100days of JavaScript by Zino, where I'd have to build a single project daily, but I'd try to go with *2 of the normal pace. I also downloaded a course on Data Structures and Algorithms by Colt Steele, as I'd try to start to learn about DSAs along side building projects.

Better days ahead D!

Congratulations bro...
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by Playermayweda(m): 12:00pm On Mar 10, 2022
MirthOsas:
Hey D!

Better days ahead D!

Recommend more JavaScript courses
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 12:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
kennethfranc:

Congratulations bro...

Thanks boss smiley smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru / Nicholas Kajoh Builds A Video-based Vehicle Counting System As His Project / Development Agencies The Best Magento Marketplace Multi Vendor Module - Magebay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.