Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer - Programming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer (27954 Views)

Bank Plus Core Banking Software/web App In Nigeria / What Every Aspiring Software Developer Must Know! VERY IMPORTANT / Aspiring Software Developer Seeking An Environment Contribute And Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by CaveAdullam: 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2022
MirthOsas:

Thanks boss smiley smiley

You're still kicking man. Kudos.
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by dejavuh0007(m): 4:29pm On Mar 14, 2022
LikeAking:

Nice one.

It will take you some time to understand most of what you have learnt.

Give your self some time.

Good luck.

As for CSS, dont spend too much time on it.

Why do u say not to spend too much time on css?
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by EricBraven: 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wow,you have made so much progress man, congratulations
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by dejavuh0007(m): 4:52pm On Mar 14, 2022
MirthOsas:

Thanks man

Can I have ur whatsapp contact, bro?
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by TrillionBrains(m): 6:19pm On Mar 14, 2022
This is just awesome bro. I figured out you signed up for ALX program too...keep going bro, we hope to met at the top someday.

Mind connecting on WhatsApp?

MirthOsas:
Hey D! It's been a while, but I am here again, LOL grin grin

I am glad that I am making steady progress even though there are days I feel like giving up, but I just remember why I started out in the first place, and that tends to rekindle the zeal to continue.

I finished a module on Numbers and strings, where I learnt about the floating point precision, the .toFixed method, the Big integer, The global Number and Math objects and assoicated methods and properties such as the .random(), .floor, etc. I also learnt about Regular Expressions.

I also finished another module on Asynchronous JavaScript, where I learnt about synchronous code execution, asynchronous code execution, blocking code and event loop, the effect of multiple callbacks. I also learnt about promises

Another module on Promises is gone too as I learnt about how to create promises, how to chain multiple promises using the .then() method. I also learnt about error handling using the .catch() method, the async - await, and the other some other methods available for Promises, such as the Promise.race(), Promise.all(), and the Promise.allSettled.

I have also finished a module on HTTP requests and I sincerely loved and still love this module. I learnt about how to send HTTP requests, the different types of requests, the concept of JSON data and Parsing Data, how to get the response when we send a request, and an alternative way of sending requests using the fetch API.

Yesterday, I finished a module on JavaScript libraries, where I learnt about some third party JS libraries available and how they make life the life of a developer easier. I learnt the different methods of adding libraries - by downloading or by using the CDN link. I specifically learnt about AXIOS, a library that makes sending HTTP requests way easier. I delved into jQuery, but its capabilities can be done by core JS APIs. I also learnt about using npmjs.com to search for resources and documentation regarding JS libraries.

I also started creating basic javascript projects and they are really basic though grin grin, but it keeps getting better. I created a counter app with live url: https://mirthosas.github.io/counter-app/

A random number generator app with live url : https://mirthosas.github.io/Random-Number-Generator/

A hex-colour generator app with live url: https://mirthosas.github.io/Hex-colour-generator/

It keeps getting better D!
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 8:58am On Mar 23, 2022
TrillionBrains:
This is just awesome bro. I figured out you signed up for ALX program too...keep going bro, we hope to met at the top someday.

Mind connecting on WhatsApp?

Not at all boss. zero eight zero four eight one nine three six two seven.
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 8:58am On Mar 23, 2022
EricBraven:
Wow,you have made so much progress man, congratulations
Thanks boss.
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by 2braithe: 2:21pm On Mar 23, 2022
MirthOsas:
Hey D!!!!
This dude is back grin grin

I just downloaded the JavaScript course by Max, 18.2gb mehn shocked shocked

I'll be starting the course tomorrow though, cheers to my becoming really good at JavaScript. smiley

Later D.

Hi.

How did you get the course?
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by Nine2ten: 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
MirthOsas:
Hey D!!!!
This dude is back grin grin

I just downloaded the JavaScript course by Max, 18.2gb mehn shocked shocked

I'll be starting the course tomorrow though, cheers to my becoming really good at JavaScript. smiley

Later D.

Currently going through this course as well.
I think is a great course, he explains better than the one I initially start learning with.

If you don't mind, I will like to link up with you
Maybe we can help eachother in some ways as we go through this journey.
I can drop my WhatsApp digits or you can drop
yours which ever way. smiley
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by Nine2ten: 4:36pm On Mar 30, 2022
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by 2braithe: 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2022

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by mdpeace(m): 9:14pm On Mar 30, 2022
Css day show me shege grin but we die here

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 8:49am On Mar 31, 2022
Nine2ten:

I can drop my WhatsApp digits or you can drop
yours which ever way. smiley

That'd be great bro, zero eight zero four eight one nine three six two seven.
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by jbreezy: 9:05am On Mar 31, 2022
mdpeace:
Keep this comment till when you start learning javascript
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 10:28am On Mar 31, 2022
jbreezy:
Keep this comment till when you start learning javascript
He hasn't seen anything yet grin
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by CaveAdullam: 10:35am On Mar 31, 2022
mdpeace:

Still on CSS too.

Mhen, this route is only for the strong and mighty. It's only sweet on paper, but in reality, you + your laptop, it's a dread game.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by mdpeace(m): 10:59am On Mar 31, 2022
CaveAdullam:

Still on CSS too.

Mhen, this route is only for the strong and mighty. It's only sweet on paper, but in reality, you + your laptop, it's a dread game.

I swear. One moment I'm confident i understand what I'm doing,the next moment.....
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by CaveAdullam: 12:19pm On Mar 31, 2022
mdpeace:

I swear. One moment I'm confident i understand what I'm doing,the next moment.....

That feeling mhen, then, you'll start questioning yourself how you eventually found yourself on this route. Looool.

IT field has a good prospect, and this is what I normally console myself with, that it will worth everything if only you stick to the end.

Our senior colleagues can't wait to welcome us to JavaScript. "Wahala".
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by Tonynoah1: 12:28pm On Mar 31, 2022
I feel I should add this comment here, define the path you wish to follow in this journey, with that you will know which you should spend more time with. If backend is your aim, no over kill yourself for html and CSS oh, even JavaScript the basics should be good for you oh. Except frontend is what you want to major on

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by 0neal(m): 11:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
Greetings Comrades

Still on the python journey...slow and steady

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by Luzebox(m): 10:33am On Apr 01, 2022
can we get a whatsapp group where we can communicate? ....link up...help eachother...or make i create?

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by inumidun2010(m): 3:52pm On Apr 01, 2022
Luzebox:
can we get a whatsapp group where we can communicate? ....link up...help eachother...or make i create?

Anyone will do ooo..

I just started CSS some days back, e wan dey turn something else 4 my eyes, BUT GOD wey help me overcome PATHWAYS in BIOCHEMISTRY still dey on the THRONE..

Big up to OGAS DEM

@MIRTHOSAS
@TENSAZAGETSU
@EJIOD
@LINDNER

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by cosmos2000(m): 4:40pm On Apr 01, 2022
Kudos to una... Someone should form a WhatsApp group where we could share link for a better tutorial and project...
Mine is zero eight one, one five seven six four zero zero seven
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by CaveAdullam: 10:44pm On Apr 01, 2022
inumidun2010:

Anyone will do ooo..

I just started CSS some days back, e wan dey turn something else 4 my eyes, BUT GOD wey help me overcome PATHWAYS in BIOCHEMISTRY still dey on the THRONE..

Big up to OGAS DEM

@MIRTH0SAS
@TENSAZAGETSĂš
@EJI0D
@LINDNÉR

"You Neva Shee sometin". Looool.

I've noticed that good tutorship matters a lot in this journey. Many tutors in their videos always start as if everyone are like them or are professionals, yet, they do say their video is for beginners with zero knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by Nine2ten: 11:12am On Apr 02, 2022
MirthOsas:

That'd be great bro, zero eight zero .....

Couldn't find this number on WhatsApp.
I think You should just text me on WhatsApp 0812...
Let me know when you get it so I can take it down.
Thank you
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by Luzebox(m): 10:11am On Apr 04, 2022
Ok let's link up here...
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by Luzebox(m): 10:11am On Apr 04, 2022
Ok I just created a group...08106908991...link me up to be added
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by Luzebox(m): 10:18am On Apr 04, 2022
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by MirthOsas(m): 12:24pm On Apr 04, 2022
inumidun2010:

Anyone will do ooo..

Big up to OGAS DEM
@MIRTHOSAS
@TENSAZAGETSU
@EJIOD
@LINDNER

Boss never add me to the league of bosses oo, I still dey learn and I still dey look for motivation like this cry cry
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by inumidun2010(m): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2022
MirthOsas:

Boss never add me to the league of bosses oo, I still dey learn and I still dey look for motivation like this cry cry

Anybody wey know pass me and dey motivate me na my boss...

1 Like

Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by Luzebox(m): 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2022
new whatapp group...for folk still learning web development...u know html css javascript django...so we can link-up..work on projects together...learn etc..reach me on 08106908991 to be added
Re: Diary Of An Aspiring Software/web Developer by Silvernus2020(m): 2:58pm On Apr 04, 2022
Nine2ten:

You can get it here
https://downloadly.net/2020/13/3067/03/javascript-the-complete-guide-2020-beginner-advanced/02/?#/3067-udemy-202203035230.html

Why is this link not working
Please which other way can I get these files?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Muili Seun Sells Off Gocampus To Vickram Sybri, Indian Tech Guru / Nicholas Kajoh Builds A Video-based Vehicle Counting System As His Project / Development Agencies The Best Magento Marketplace Multi Vendor Module - Magebay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.