Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,522 members, 7,801,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? (13627 Views)

Job Vaccancies For Account Officers & Internal Auditors (manufacturing Sector) / Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? / Vacancy For Young IT Auditors In A Financial Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by dingbang(m): 10:23am On Jul 29, 2021
They will arrange ten sweet girls for you so that you can tick good for the staff. Thank you
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by babyfaceafrica: 10:27am On Jul 29, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:
Take d offer but with small juju E get Y.

Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by babyfaceafrica: 10:27am On Jul 29, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:
Take d offer but with small juju E get Y.
lolz
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by Alaganature(m): 10:31am On Jul 29, 2021
criuze:

Oga you're buying and selling cards do you still need job

Nawao
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by judecares1(m): 10:35am On Jul 29, 2021
you 100% correct
am currently working with a 3star hotel in lagos as internal auditor,am hated not by the junior staffs alone but by the HR and Gm.
you really need to be careful with people you call your friends while working,never you collect any tip 4m d waitress or waiter, don't date them. be mindful of who gives you food to eat while in the hotel,never do side business with the bar men or the GSA,S,He get why i dey tell u

skedman:

It is just like a night security ,the only difference is that you are an educated security I will advices you focus more on developing your career rather than doing this night shift .the audit in hospitality is far different from others .it is more like a witch-hunting game because your main work is to reduce people's salary of those that make mistakes .
Questions to ask your self ?
Are you going to be counting stock at night
Are you going to be recording at night
What is your primary assignment
I have work as an head of audit in one of the hospitality in Lagos .the only person that like me was the MD others will kill me because virtually everybody don't take full salary home and I have to do my job. You can feel the hatred

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by keko14: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2021
skedman:

It is just like a night security ,the only difference is that you are an educated security I will advices you focus more on developing your career rather than doing this night shift .the audit in hospitality is far different from others .it is more like a witch-hunting game because your main work is to reduce people's salary of those that make mistakes .
I have work as an head of audit in one of the hospitality in Lagos .the only person that like me was the MD others will kill me because virtually everybody don't take full salary home and I have to do my job. You can feel the hatred
with this case closed.
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by Mom007(f): 10:44am On Jul 29, 2021
Its a job right, and someone has got to do it. It may as well be you, especially if you don't have something doing now or if the pay is a come up from what you are already doing. The so called hatred from other staff is no different from the hatred any other supervisor who is actually doing his or her job will experience. The average Nigerian worker doesn't want to do his work well yet expects jumbo pay so anyone brought in to drive maximum output whether day or night is always seen as public enemy number 1.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by joezy11(m): 10:46am On Jul 29, 2021
Oga you go regret why you take that job o. I once work at an hotel as a barman/club attendant... I swear you can build a house working as a barman.. There was dis supervisor we all hate so much. Salaries were cut, workers wer sacked becos of him. Till d day we all open his yansh to d MD, everybody get secret. DAT script supervisor has no choice dan to collab with us and make free money. Made my first million after 6 month working there. No dull of cos all dis MD u will think dey like you. Dey go use wen u don reach 1yr na Sack o with small mistake that they could over look. Accept d job. Make friend with the receptionist and bar attendant use your sister account to save d money and start your own life na so e b. You people should respect people working in hotels especially BAR. Dey get money pass ena

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by Melonny(m): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2021
skedman:

It is just like a night security ,the only difference is that you are an educated security I will advices you focus more on developing your career rather than doing this night shift . the audit in hospitality is far different from others .it is more like a witch-hunting game because your main work is to reduce people's salary of those that make mistakes.
Questions to ask your self?
I have worked as the head of the audit in one of the hospitality in Lagos. the only person that like me was the MD others will kill me because virtually everybody doesn't take full salary home and I have to do my job. You can feel the hatred
The first job I got was in hospitality as an internal auditor. Hospitality is so bad. I got some few people fired in 4 months. I was like a bull dog. Everybody will hate you. Everyone will keep quite when they see you. I was threaten that if I am not careful, they will fight back. I stopped eating staff food. Hospitality industry is bad

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by Mom007(f): 10:49am On Jul 29, 2021
ImaIma1:

It's really beats me how some companies look for ways not to pay full salaries. Is it that they cannot afford to pay what they agreed? Or they are just looking for ways to make extra cash off staff.
Not true. Alot of night workers see night shift as a time to just look for a quiet corner and sleep. If you lodge in a hotel that advertises 24/7 services and you are calling room service for assistance and no reply, you walk down to the reception, no one there, how will you feel? Then put yourself in the position of the person paying workers to run night shift... The employer is only trying to ensure he gets value for his money, that's it. If you do your work diligently, no one will short your salary.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by joezy11(m): 10:53am On Jul 29, 2021
Oga na night shift no mean say person no go sleep. You as a customer why are u still awake by 2am, u b witch u no dey sleep?
Mom007:

Not true. Alot of night workers see night shift as a time to just look for a quiet corner and sleep. If you lodge in a hotel that advertises 24/7 services and you are calling room service for assistance and no reply, you walk down to the reception, no one there, how will you feel? Then put yourself in the position of the person paying workers to run night shift... The employer is only trying to ensure he gets value for his money, that's it. If you do your work diligently, no one will short your salary.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by Psoul(m): 11:03am On Jul 29, 2021
skedman:

Your situation was like that cos you may not be a modern day trained auditor.
You were doing the olden days witch haunting type of auditing.
Well, it was not the real auditing job u did there. It was just an Internal Control job.
If you really understand the job and don't parade yourself as the person that is incharge of controlling other staff destinies, you will have a good working experience.

To the Op, Don't listen to this adviser. If you beliv u can combine the 2 jobs, go ahead and do so.
All you need to do is make sure u put good internal control in place.
Apply fraud prevention techniques rather than fraud investigation.
When u put/enforces controls that will prevent crime, you will have lesser to do trying to investigate how a fraud was committed.
Don't show ur fellow colleagues that you have the power to sack them. This will bring more enemies to u.
Apply advisory system to a defaulting rather than reporting the staff for sack or strict disciplinary actions. Only that staff dat is hell bent to commit fraud that should not be spared.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by SavageResponse(m): 11:11am On Jul 29, 2021
joezy11:
Oga na night shift no mean say person no go sleep. You as a customer why are u still awake by 2am, u b witch u no dey sleep?

If you're being paid to man the desk at night then you must do it so long as you were given time to rest during the day!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by ELITE12(m): 11:20am On Jul 29, 2021
skedman:

Accurate I worked as an Audit for A hotel too and this is exactly what I experienced...
I felt like I would be ambushed at one time,
Believe me no Friends at all ...Your just on your own doing your job and peoples Salaries getting deducted
one Kitchen Staff was even Sacked....
Guy if you no get mind just Leave am
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by skedman(m): 11:27am On Jul 29, 2021
Psoul:

Well, it was not the real auditing job u did there. It was just an Internal Control job.
If you really understand the job and don't parade yourself as the person that is incharge of controlling other staff destinies, you will have a good working experience.

To the Op, Don't listen to this adviser. If you beliv u can combine the 2 jobs, go ahead and do so.
When u put/enforces controls that will prevent crime, you will have lesser to do trying to investigate how a fraud was committed.
Don't show ur fellow colleagues that you have the power to sack them. This will bring more enemies to u.
Apply advisory system to a defaulting rather than reporting the staff for sack or strict disciplinary actions. Only that staff dat is hell bent to commit fraud that should not be spared.

Good luck.
hello it is so obvious that you lack the experience . Can you please answer the following
What is your primary aim as an internal auditor in an hospitality business
Can you attain 100 percent standard in a Nigeria settings ?no mistake ,no fraud ,no lateness,everything must be perfect.
Are you going to put the techniques in paper and go to sleep
What basis will you use in writing your report will you base other peoples judgement with your report . You won't engage other staffs or engaged the barman and the accountant
A job that you won't be happy if there is no tangible report to write
Beside it is a no experience job .
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by Bighead95(m): 11:30am On Jul 29, 2021
criuze:

Oga you're buying and selling cards do you still need job

Nawao

The guy na middleman grin at all at all na winch
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by RichEstate(m): 11:33am On Jul 29, 2021
I want to disagree with this advise. Having worked in that position for many years not in Nigeria though, I can say it's not a witch hunting position. Though that depends on availabilityof softwares to make your work easy.

1. Do discount reports
2. Credit cards reconciliation
3. Work hand in hand with outlets and restaurants to prevent fraud.
4. Block wastage
5. When you detect errors, of course you will find many, let your colleagues know that it's just to prevent lapses during external audit.
6. Do frequent spot checks to avoid stealing
7. Encourage management to allow guests giving tips to staff to discourage fraud and stealing.
8. Dont let your colleagues fear you, otherwise they will be making unnecessary mistakes

skedman:

1 Like

Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by ImaIma1(f): 11:35am On Jul 29, 2021
Mom007:

I get it now. Some people try to combine a day job with a night job and end up sleeping through the night, when they should be working. Such should be discouraged
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by RichEstate(m): 11:36am On Jul 29, 2021
I agree with you.

Please what's the salary scale of night Auditor and income Auditor in Nigeria?
aviara:
Your job will be more of providing internal control, monitor use of resources and sales, establish standard operating procedures (SOP) and ensure its compliance, provide authorisation and vetting of transactions. Keep oversight on POS devices and other payments documents

1 Like

Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by ford101: 11:47am On Jul 29, 2021
skedman:

I was an admim/ assistant HR officer in a hotel.i can't hate an auditor.infact the auditor would even be the one to hate me.
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by RichEstate(m): 11:47am On Jul 29, 2021
God bless you sir.
That's a good advice.
Psoul:

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by fabregas04(m): 11:47am On Jul 29, 2021
You nailed it bro. @OP, look no further, u gat what u wanted here.
aviara:
Your job will be more of providing internal control, monitor use of resources and sales, establish standard operating procedures (SOP) and ensure its compliance, provide authorisation and vetting of transactions. Keep oversight on POS devices and other payments documents
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by RichEstate(m): 11:54am On Jul 29, 2021
It is simple my brother.
1. Encourage your management to subscribed to these softwares. a. FMC b. Opera PMS c. Micros Fidelio.

Then you won't need to chase anyone. Just be good in excel to maneuver. Then unannounced spot checks at night to physically count the cash and compare it with transactions they post in the Opera PMS software.

It's a nice job. There's no need for EFCC kind of monitoring if the loopholes are blocked in the first place.
skedman:
hello it is so obvious that you lack the experience . Can you please answer the following
Can you attain 100 percent standard in a Nigeria settings ?no mistake ,no fraud ,no lateness,everything must be perfect.
What basis will you use in writing your report will you base other peoples judgement with your report . You won't engage other staffs or engaged the barman and the accountant

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 29, 2021
Night Auditor ko night pimpp.
You job is to audit the customers who sleep with ladies overnight at the hotel.
Good job. cool
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by GodisFirst: 12:01pm On Jul 29, 2021
Night Auditors, looks like Night Security and Intelligence Officers, maning and reviewing the CCTVs logs of the days.
If you have time to spare, go for it and if successful, give it a trial for some days and understand in details what it entails provided it will not adversely impact on your current job. After some period of exposure on this, adding the experience in your CV is a plus.
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by fabregas04(m): 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2021
Melonny:
The first job I got was in hospitality as an internal auditor. Hospitality is so bad. I got some few people fired in 4 months. I was like a bull dog. Everybody will hate you. Everyone will keep quite when they see you. I was threaten that if I am not careful, they will fight back. I stopped eating staff food. Hospitality industry is bad
it may be more common in d hospitality industry but that's d major occupational hazard of an auditor/Control person. You wld be hated by many, you can hardly make friends or relate freely with others within d organization, infact d employer doesn't want u to make friends. So when u leave d organization u are on your own, no old colleagues to relate with... Another hazard is that u can hardly get promotions/increment in Salary if u are not detecting or reporting fraud or recommending ppl for saction/sack etc. The employer feels u have compromised or not doing your Job properly and as such there's no basis to appraise u.
"Apply advisory system to a defaulting rather than reporting the staff for sack or strict disciplinary actions. Only that staff dat is hell bent to commit fraud that should not be spared." As for this, though humanly speaking may not be a bad idea but d employer wants u to report situation directly to him and not come and be doing P.A job. By not reporting issues itself can land u in serious problem as an auditor or a control person.
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by Egypt209: 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2021
So nobody talk about the advantages as well.
Dem oloshos used to accept small change when no customer and day is about to break.
Isn't world wonderful where you work!
Pls take the job and be a happy man for once
Congratulations
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by bolabadmus38: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
You are basically the person managing the hotel overnight. You oversea every oprertions sections overnight.Very interesting but you must be smart and intelligent because a lot of things happens overnight and if you are not up and doing you will be rubbishes.
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by fijihems: 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2021
I am interested to get a night auditor for a hotel in the east. Let interested persons contact me on WhatsApp number +2347404669242.
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by Psoul(m): 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2021
skedman:

Your comment still shows that u are inexperienced.
You may be a B.Sc or HND holdere and got a job description as an Auditor.
Now you are feeling like an Auditor. What you are is an Internal control staff.
Forget the name they gave you to make u feel funky.
When we see Auditors, we know them.
You believe your job is to catch thieves.
Your major job as an Internal Control Officer should be crime prevention.
Plan out ways to make the Bar Man, Store man etc to be responsible for the offices they occupy.
By so doing, you will have lesser headache cos, they will unknowingly become control officers in their departments.
They will become accountable to every item/stock under them.
When there are deficits, they will even believe within them that it was their fault even before u point it out.
But when you tend to be a thief catcher, you will become an enemy to all.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by Abdul4trust1(m): 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2021
skedman:

I can relate. In my case, they hate me yet they like me. Always tell them that I'm only doing my job.
Re: What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? by Gfskw: 4:40pm On Jul 29, 2021
Hotel auditors ke

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Common Interview Mistakes That Can Cost You A Job / Letter Of Employment-sign Homes Ltd / Hey Our Dear Guys, Have You Started Uploading Your Deployment Letters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.