Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:32 PM

Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot (39331 Views)

Ronaldo Hires Top Bull Fighter As Bodyguard During Russia World Cup / Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by ogbiwa: 6:05am On Jul 29, 2021
Floyd Mayweather's bodyguard has told of how the boxing legend was once targeted in a drive-by shooting, with his protector taking a bullet.

Greg La Rosa is one of a number of bodyguards for Mayweather having worked with Money since 2013.

It was five years later that La Rosa was driving one of three vehicles in a convoy carrying the boxer and his entourage back to a hotel following a night out in Atlanta, Georgia.

La Rosa believes it was a targeted shooting with police releasing a video of the shooting back in 2018.

It showed a red Dodge Durango pulling up alongside Mayweather's convoy at an intersection and opening fire.

The vehicle then sped away from the scene after firing 12 rounds. No arrests were made.

But there were injuries with La Rosa struck in the leg from a bullet, though he has now recovered from his blow.

"All I heard was a big bang on the side of the car," he told The Sun. "It almost sounded like a car accident, or as if someone had grabbed a baseball bat and hit the side of the car as hard as they could.

"It was an absolute ambush. You don’t know where it’s coming from.

"And as I was going down between the seats, I felt one go into my leg on the inside of my left leg.

"Honestly it didn’t hurt, but in my head, I knew I was shot. I said, 'Guys, I’m hit'. I felt as if my leg was in a meat grinder.

"The bullet was deep in my leg but had come out.

"I think the way it came out is that the bullet mushroomed as it hit the metal to go through the door and it hit my leg and went into my leg with my pant leg and my sock there.

"So as I pulled it up to look, I think I pulled it out. I had a big hole there."

La Rosa is still part of the The Money Team (TMT) that look after Mayweather on a daily basis.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/boxing/floyd-mayweather-shooting-bodyguard-bullet-24639789

3 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by Bedtec: 6:06am On Jul 29, 2021
power tussle in every area of life

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by Olumiday15: 6:08am On Jul 29, 2021
Make your mayweather sha no turn julyweather

37 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by tillaman(m): 6:19am On Jul 29, 2021
Hmmm that’s not new, everybody is jealous of the money man!!
I mean it’s not easy to be the Patron of TMT!
Max respect Floyd Mayweather Jnr!
Money might not be able to buy life for now but only time will tell if it will buy life or not

7 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by loadedvibes: 6:53am On Jul 29, 2021
Ha nawa.. wetin Floyd do Una ?

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by timesup234: 6:53am On Jul 29, 2021
Idiotic Nigerians will come here and talk shit about Nigeria. America is a jungle. Staying in America increases your risk to die young. Borno state is safer than America

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by seanwilliam(m): 6:54am On Jul 29, 2021
The money man
Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by Amuluonyenaego: 6:56am On Jul 29, 2021
What a wicked world we are living in.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by stanliwise(m): 6:58am On Jul 29, 2021
timesup234:
Idiotic Nigerians will come here and talk shit about Nigeria. America is a jungle. Staying in America increases your risk to die young. Borno state is safer than America
So this sort of thing does not happen in Nigeria is what you’re trying to say?

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by jonnypie(m): 6:59am On Jul 29, 2021
U get money wahala u no get money the same wahala...

12 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by thundafire: 6:59am On Jul 29, 2021
Na wa FLOYD hope u close ur mouth now

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by Olaoluwa122: 7:00am On Jul 29, 2021
timesup234:
What type of weed are u smoking undecided

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by shadrach77: 7:00am On Jul 29, 2021
He should be humble and stop showing off

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by watchindelta(m): 7:00am On Jul 29, 2021
stanliwise:

So this sort of thing does not happen in Nigeria is what you’re trying to say?
that guy is just a teenage fashy am jor.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by Omeleyi: 7:01am On Jul 29, 2021
shocked shocked
May to the fucking Weather, who could be this uncircumcised Philistine trying to assassinate my guy? wink Leave my onye cinema alone pls. Nigga fought from bottom all the way to the top and legitly secured the bag.
Guy didn't loose his guard

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by karkel(m): 7:01am On Jul 29, 2021
Wow
Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by Ogbenia: 7:01am On Jul 29, 2021
Ok
Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by tishbite41(m): 7:02am On Jul 29, 2021
The Money Team

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by chidiebube107: 7:03am On Jul 29, 2021
timesup234:
oh really?

10 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by Draslo(m): 7:03am On Jul 29, 2021
simbaleo:
Well, he does look like Tupac, tbh
Bawo l'ese n soro bayii
Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by Lagosfinder(m): 7:03am On Jul 29, 2021
Wahala everywhere
Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by ceaser: 7:04am On Jul 29, 2021
"Honestly it didn’t hurt, but in my head, I knew I was shot. I said, 'Guys, I’m hit'. I felt as if my leg was in a meat grinder.

That stands to reason. It's the effect of the adrenalin surge at that instant that reduces your sense to pain. It is to ensure that you don't miss out on any of the three 'Fs' (Fright, Flight and Fight) that you are expected to do when faced with danger.

At that point too, there is usually increased dilatation of the pupils and visual clarity is improved to aid the eyesight in plotting any of the three 'Fs'.

Much later after the danger had passed and the adrenalin surge has waned will he begin to feel intense pain and be able to see the extent of damage he has.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by JerryQ: 7:05am On Jul 29, 2021
Escaped.......

Good video for our children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebDYrJrzbWs
Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by babzo(m): 7:05am On Jul 29, 2021
timesup234:

See This man. Abeg It's too early for jagbajantis and nonsense; if dem give you free US visa and you no want; abeg Holla at your boy, people dey wey go pay you, collect am�

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by Anybodie: 7:07am On Jul 29, 2021
timesup234:

9 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Targeted In Drive-By Shooting As Bodyguard Is Shot by Kingcalls: 7:08am On Jul 29, 2021
Blacks....Ndi black lives matter

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Khetag Pliev Loses Finger During Fight (Photos, Video) / Super Falcons Arrive Nigeria After Being Knocked Out Of FIFA Women's World Cup / Victor Osimhen Becomes 1st African Footballer To Win Golden Boot In Serie A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.