Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,760 members, 7,798,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview (12738 Views)

Help!! I Was Invited For Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Aptitude Test. / Thread For those Invited for 2019 INEC Adhoc Staff / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by CasNova: 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
Good writeup.
Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by oyeb15: 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2021
Who knows who

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by Nefort: 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2021
adonaimart:
“How?” You may ask?

Recruiters start the hiring process immediately when your resume hits their desk.

The main killers of getting more interviews by job seekers are spelling and grammatical errors.

Spelling and grammar fails indicates to the recruiter that you don't have “attention to details skills” and that
you can't “communicate effectively both by emails or verbally with co-workers or customers' ' and sadly
these are very important skills to have..

Some of the common errors are, “oversaw site team engineers” (when it should be “oversaw a team of
four site engineers”.

Others include writing about old jobs in present tense and vice versa.

Suggestions

Involve a third eye review of your resume before submitting.

Use online spell checkers to write your resume.

If you want to be a professional, then let your resume make you look like one.

This would only make it easier for a company to miss hiring great candidates and hire the less qualified ones. If I am a hiring manager I wouldn't care about misspellings or grammatical errors except if I am hiring an English teacher. Focus on hiring people who can get the job done and not hiring those who can write perfect English.

1 Like

Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by gentleibraheem(m): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2021
adonaimart:

Previous Jobs grin
Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by kolakolex: 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2021
Too many people are qualified for same position ,so they use the slightest error to send u away.

BT if u get strong connect,they will keep ur CV one side while screening others and add ur name to the list of successful candidates

1 Like

Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by Siwisheswereesh: 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2021
Sometimes they invite you just to make up the numbers and create a sense of competition.

They already know who they want to take embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by seunpas: 5:46pm On Jul 29, 2021
And any company that pays such much attention it's a no go area.
They will crucify you for little mistake.
adonaimart:
“How?” You may ask?

Recruiters start the hiring process immediately when your resume hits their desk.

The main killers of getting more interviews by job seekers are spelling and grammatical errors.

Spelling and grammar fails indicates to the recruiter that you don't have “attention to details skills” and that
you can't “communicate effectively both by emails or verbally with co-workers or customers' ' and sadly
these are very important skills to have..

Some of the common errors are, “oversaw site team engineers” (when it should be “oversaw a team of
four site engineers”.

Suggestions

Involve a third eye review of your resume before submitting.

Use online spell checkers to write your resume.

If you want to be a professional, then let your resume make you look like one.

Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by Martins153: 6:02pm On Jul 29, 2021
This na marketing strategy from a professional resume writer, if you dont have the relevant experience for an experienced role u English construction dont mean shit unless u applying for entry level role

1 Like

Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by Angelawhite(m): 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2021
muzeze77:
There are many reasons why one gets invited for a job interview, some other reasons include
Where you come from? Who your daddy is

Lazy man way of thinking

1 Like

Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by Mkingz(m): 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2021
The main reason why you get the job is “CONNECT”.
Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2021
dosuu:
Most HR personnel nowadays don't check all these things; they just go straight to your academic and professional qualifications.

Imagine hundreds or thousands of CVs on your desk to process, do you want tell that its spelling mistakes you will be looking for?
It doesn't take a second to spot wrong spelling. Believe me, they check.
Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by McBishop2020: 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
Op, with all due respect, go back to school.
Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by gbagyiza: 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
JackDaAlienz:
It's all about connection

Connection is good but I can categorically tell u that many other jobs require competency n professionalism. Reputable organizations go for the best n competent candidates. Forget about connection, develop yourself n get the necessary competency for a job, you will be sought after. All my jobs by God grace came with No human connections. Recently I got two offers from reputable organisations with No human connection.

1 Like

Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2021
muzeze77:
There are many reasons why one gets invited for a job interview, some other reasons include
Where you come from? Who your daddy is

Them no dey even attend interview sef
Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by adonaimart(m): 12:58am On Jul 30, 2021
The ATS software is taking over. Even with thousands of CV in front of you. With the ATS, the recruiter reduces that number to as low as 10 in seconds.

khalids:
OP is a learner........All these things you put up there na story....it might be applicable to freshers or in the abroad.

But believe me, here in naija.....all that one na story

By the way when you have target to fill a certain number of positions with deadline and you have over 1000 cvs infront of you, the last thing you are looking at is their spelling, you will be looking at years of experience, qualification and job skill..

Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by adonaimart(m): 1:06am On Jul 30, 2021
Well done high flyer!!

gbagyiza:

Connection is good but I can categorically tell u that many other jobs require competency n professionalism. Reputable organizations go for the best n competent candidates. Forget about connection, develop yourself n get the necessary competency for a job, you will be sought after. All my jobs by God grace came with No human connections. Recently I got two offers from reputable organisations with No human connection.
Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by adonaimart(m): 1:07am On Jul 30, 2021
Very useful insight. Thanks for your contribution.

nijaomegacode:

It doesn't take a second to spot wrong spelling. Believe me, they check.
Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by adonaimart(m): 1:11am On Jul 30, 2021
What happens if you all have the relevant experience, skills and qualifications and when it comes down to who gets it by other factors like grammar and spellings?

Martins153:
This na marketing strategy from a professional resume writer, if you dont have the relevant experience for an experienced role u English construction dont mean shit unless u applying for entry level role
Re: Being Qualified Is Not The Only Reason You Get Invited For An Interview by adonaimart(m): 1:14am On Jul 30, 2021
Companies like that are for high flyers. Aim to be one.
People want the best but aren't intentional.

These companies will help you realise your dreams fast. It makes no sense settling for just anything.

Thank you for your contribution

seunpas:
And any company that pays such much attention it's a no go area.
They will crucify you for little mistake.

(1) (2) (Reply)

N-power: DISCLAIMER!!! / Nestle Nigeria Plc Latest Job Recruitment (3 Positions) / NITDA Scholarship Scheme 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.