Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,414 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:05 PM

Don’t Sell Your Deen! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Don’t Sell Your Deen! (6122 Views)

Let Reminds Each Other About Our Deen Islam / Something You Need To Know About Your Deen Islam. By Muhammad Abubakar Iyajo / Do You Care About Your Deen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Sell Your Deen! by Lukgaf(m): 8:00pm On Jul 29, 2021
When a man’s priority is his worldly assets, then to compromise on his religion is not considered serious anymore! The increasing number of such opportunities is scary.

Among the most compelling contemporary challenges, are the alarmingly increasing temptations to compromise on one’s basic beliefs.

When a person loses focus of what is important in his/her life, then selling off the most valuable asset becomes easy. In so doing, he/she is the biggest loser.

In a Hadith of Sahih Muslim, Rasulullah (ﷺ) warned the ummah of a time when people would put their worldly aspirations ahead of their religious obligations.

Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah (رضي الله عنه) reports that Rasulullah (ﷺ) said:

‘Be quick in increasing your good deeds, before such trials arrive, in which a person who was a believer in the morning will become a kafir (non-believer) by the evening, or he who was a believer in the evening would become a non-believer by the morning; because of him selling his din (religion) in exchange of the acquisitions of the world.’ (Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 309)

The different forms

‘Selling one’s religion has two forms’, says the Grand Mufti; Muhammad Rafi’ ‘Uthmani (may Allah protect him):

‘Formally renouncing one’s religion for another because of the temptation of wealth etc.
To forgo/compromise a deed of Islam in exchange of worldly gain. Such a person doesn’t necessarily become a non-believer, but he is guilty of a very serious sin.’ (Dars Muslim, vol.1 pg.402)
This Hadith is actually a diagnosis of the current state of the world. This epidemic has engulfed all facets of society, the learned and the layman.

When a man’s priority is his worldly assets, then to compromise on his religion is not considered serious anymore! The increasing number of such opportunities is scary.

For this reason, we find it has become so easy for people to say (or do) the wrong just to satisfy certain individuals, or merely to attain particular positions/possessions etc. We may not realise it, but this is actually a form of ‘selling one’s religion’.

These are people who were actually given a subtle choice; either stick to your religious practice and be deprived of the worldly gain that’s on offer, or vice-versa. Those who choose wisely will not regret their decision.

One should be scared at the thought of being in such a situation, for very few in these days will pass the test! May Allah Exalted and High save me and all from such trials. Amin.

Allah Most High says regarding those who chose unwisely:

‘Those are the ones who have purchased misguidance in exchange of guidance. Their trade was not profitable, and neither were they guided.Their example is like that of a person who lights a fire. When it brightens his surroundings, Allah removes their light and leaves them in darkness, unable to see.’ (Surah: 2, Ayah: 16-17)

A Lesson from History

There are countless inspirational anecdotes on the subject, of which I chose to quote the following only:

Imam ‘Affan ibn Muslim As-Saffar (رحمه الله) was a reliable Muhaddith (Hadith Master) but he possessed little of this world.

His condition was so dire, that he once had to ask his associate; Imam ‘Amr Al-Fallas (رحمه الله) for some food as he had nothing to feed his household; who numbered close to forty!

When this illustrious Imam was asked to support the innovated view of the then leader regarding the Holy Quran, he refused. He was threatened that his monthly pension from the public treasury –which was a hundred silver coins-, would be withheld.

He responded by reciting the verse:

‘And in the sky is your sustenance and whatever you are promised’ (Surah: 51, Ayah: 22)

When he returned home, his family (who were nearly 40 in number) reproached him for this.

A few moments later, he heard a knock on the door. It was a person who seemed to be a hard labourer that had come to hand him a bag of one hundred silver coins saying:

‘O Abu ‘Uthman! May Allah preserve you like you preserved the din (religion). I will be giving this to you every month.’ (Adabul ikhtilaf of Al-Muhaddith Shaykh Muhammad ‘Awwamah, pg.105)

Moral

Those who value their religion are actually valued by their creator.

Who forsakes his religion in any way, may be forsaken by his Creator when he needs Him the most.

History is filled with proofs for both of the above.

We ask Allah Most High to save us from such trials, but in the event that they cannot be avoided, may He inspire us with the strength to withstand the temptations of this world, especially when it results in serious damage to our din.

https://jamiat.org.za/dont-sell-your-deen/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Sell Your Deen! by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:35am On Jul 30, 2021
May Allah grant us istiqama (patience and steadfastness) like the best of those pious predecessors.

Aamin.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your Deen! by Lukgaf(m): 10:33am On Jul 30, 2021
Rashduct4luv:
May Allah grant us istiqama (patience and steadfastness) like the best of those pious predecessors.

Aamin.

Allahumo Aameen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Sell Your Deen! by Ugaboy: 10:40am On Jul 30, 2021
So what should we sell

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your Deen! by AOresources: 10:41am On Jul 30, 2021
Lukgaf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql9_-pTPh80
Re: Don’t Sell Your Deen! by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 30, 2021
grin

It's happening alot essentially by you know who

Hangmnk:
they're not Muslim. I'm 100 percent sure you are Yoruba So u don't need to say you are Muslim just say you are Yoruba that's enough
Re: Don’t Sell Your Deen! by Hassanmaye(m): 10:56am On Jul 30, 2021
Lukgaf:

May Allah guide us, is scary indeed, honestly end time is coming, May Allah forgive us

1 Like

Re: Don’t Sell Your Deen! by Techreliance(m): 11:35am On Jul 30, 2021
[quote author=Lukgaf post=104227446]When a man’s priority is his worldly assets, then to compromise on his religion is not considered serious anymore! The increasing number of such opportunities is scary.

https://jamiat.org.za/dont-sell-your-deen/[/quote

May Allah keep guarding us.
Re: Don’t Sell Your Deen! by Techreliance(m): 11:36am On Jul 30, 2021
Lukgaf:

May Allah keep guarding us
Re: Don’t Sell Your Deen! by ebuk4real(m): 11:52am On Jul 30, 2021
Na wa o
Re: Don’t Sell Your Deen! by ViolentMooslim: 12:13pm On Jul 30, 2021
It pays to serve Jesus!

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your Deen! by Topzee109: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2021
ViolentMooslim:
It pays to serve Jesus!
Jesus that was given birth to just like you are
Re: Don’t Sell Your Deen! by ViolentMooslim: 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2021
Topzee109:

Jesus that was given birth to just like you are

Yeah,

Thats exactly why I serve him.

More so, you are more than a slave to Oga Moh,because, at his mention, you can go and commit suicide or kil someone on his behalf. So you are worse thana slave to him. You are an object.

I better follow Jesus
It pays to serve Jesus
cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Sell Your Deen! by Topzee109: 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2021
ViolentMooslim:

Yeah,

Thats exactly why I serve him.

More so, you are more than a slave to Oga Moh,because, at his mention, you can go and commit suicide or kil someone on his behalf. So you are worse thana slave to him. You are an object.

I better follow Jesus
It pays to serve Jesus
cheesy cheesy cheesy
so you'll serve the Almighty's creation rather than the Almighty himself
Re: Don’t Sell Your Deen! by ViolentMooslim: 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2021
Topzee109:

so you'll serve the Almighty's creation rather than the Almighty himself

My brother, when you have given your whole life fighting to prevent people from insulting a man, you will tend to see God like man.

My Jesus is not the Isa you talk about. My Jesus is Emmanuel. He is God with us. That is why, unlike for mohammed, we dont defend him. He can defend Himself.

tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Don’t Sell Your Deen! by Topzee109: 6:51am On Jul 31, 2021
ViolentMooslim:

My brother, when you have given your whole life fighting to prevent people from insulting a man, you will tend to see God like man.

My Jesus is not the Isa you talk about. My Jesus is Emmanuel. He is God with us. That is why, unlike for mohammed, we dont defend him. He can defend Himself.

tongue tongue tongue
Continue to deceive yourself, according to your theory, who ever did not give his life to Christ as his savior and Lord will perish,

so what will happen to people that die before the birth of Jesus, i mean those of the time of Moses, David and so on. Are they going to hell because they did not give their lives to Christ

Confused people

(1) (Reply)

Mention One Good Thing That Islam Has Done To Nigeria And The World!!! / Happy Eid al Fitr To My Brothers And Sisters On NL / Ruling On Working As A Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.