Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday (2059 Views)

Aguyi Johnson Ironsi - The Unification Decree: No. 34 Of 1966 / Chike Edozien 96th Birthday: Okowa Greets Asagba Of Asaba Obi / Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by Techsavvy1: 10:22pm On Jul 29, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os8tKPSuPSI

Aguyi Ironsi was the head of state of Nigeria from January 1966 to July 1966

1 Like

Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
Aguiyi ironsi brought d unitary/central government, which they are still using, cos he wanted absolute power. We are still suffering from that act.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by osuulola(m): 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2021
Whao! Nigeria happened to her husband.

God has blessed her with very long life.
Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by Penguin2: 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2021
This woman possibly knows a lot of state secrets that happened during her husband’s reign.

3 Likes

Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by NwaNimo1(m): 10:57pm On Jul 29, 2021
Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by DOTian: 11:04pm On Jul 29, 2021
Vickyvice:
Aguiyi ironsi brought d unitary/central government, which they are still using, cos he wanted absolute power. We are still suffering from that act.

Unitary system Kee u dia..
Ironsi suggested unitary system. You guys said no. He decided to go around the country to explain his position. You guys killed him while he was visiting. You took over power afterwards. Now nearly a century after killing Aguiyi Ironsi and butchering over 5 million igbos, you are still blaming a man you killed for your misfortune!? Can't you see how out of sort you look with that argeument? Nigeria as it's today is the result of Hausa fulani/Yoruba political machinations!! You killed Ironsi, you took over total power. You subsequently recalibrated the country to suit your evil whims post 1966... You should now be proud enough to at least identify with your beautiful creation...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 29, 2021
DOTian:

Ironsi suggested unitary system. You guys said no. He decided to go around the country to explain his position. You guys killed him while he was visiting. You took over power afterwards. Now nearly a century after killing Aguiyi Ironsi and butchering over 5 million igbos, you are still blaming a man you killed for your misfortune!? Can't you see how out of sort you look with that argeument? Nigeria as it's today is the result of Hausa fulani/Yoruba political machinations!! You killed Ironsi, you took over total power. You subsequently recalibrated the country to suit your evil whims post 1966... You should now be proud enough to at least identify with your beautiful creation...
u see y I don't like expressing myself on this forum? Cos l will be arguing with persons who are not even as intelligent as my eight year old kid. Lemme break it down, as I sense you be indomie person with flat brain who doesn't know events beyond 1997/98. 1. Am from same region or zone as ironsi.... South. 2. It wasn't even necessary for aguiyi ironsi to take power, since the coup by nzeogwu had been weakened with the abandonment by ifeajuna. 3. Nwafor orizu, same place or zone as ironsi , who was d number 3 . Person would have been the president, since balewa had been killed and azikiwe was outside the country. 4, aguiyi ironsi was an opporttinist who started eyeing power in absolute sense, and suspended constitution. And declared unitary or central government as against the federating system we were operating. Don't say what you haven't verified. Am a sound historian. It's my course. Read the second screenshot before the first. I hope you have patience or are educated enough to read

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by DOTian: 11:51pm On Jul 29, 2021
Vickyvice:
u see y I don't like expressing myself on this forum? Cos l will be arguing with persons who are not even as intelligent as my eight year old kid. Lemme break it down, as I sense you be indomie person with flat brain who doesn't know events beyond 1997/98. 1. Am from same region or zone as ironsi.... South. 2. It wasn't even necessary for aguiyi ironsi to take power, since the coup by nzeogwu had been weakened with the abandonment by ifeajuna. 3. Nwafor orizu, same place or zone as ironsi , who was d number 3 . Person would have been the president, since balewa had been killed and azikiwe was outside the country. 4, aguiyi ironsi was an opporttinist who started eyeing power in absolute sense, and suspended constitution. And declared unitary or central government as against the federating system we were operating. Don't say what you haven't verified. Am a sound historian. It's my course. Read the second screenshot before the first. I hope you have patience or are educated enough to read

You have said nothing new.
Just some infantile rants..
You are dealing with a student of politics., So you better come prepared..
Forget what your parents told you.. The history I gave you is the correct one.
Your link buttresses nothing. When did Ironsi promulgate the decree? When was he killed? Has the decree come into effect as t the time of his death? Where there local premiers in the regions as at the day he was killed? Who killed him? For what purpose? If the unitary decree was part of the reason he was killed. Why hasn't it been abrogated in practice uptill today and why blame the man you killed for that? Answer those questions and have peace!
You other talk about coups is irrelevant. You are just looking for dirts to throw at the man. He quashed Nzeogwus coup! He was not part of it. He inherited a messed up country and was killed trying to mend things. Even Obasanjo and Gowon find it hard to say bad things against the man as you do freely here. Obasanjo made one of his son's the minister of Defence! That should tell you a lot..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by Tinubuadvocate: 12:11am On Jul 30, 2021
Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 30, 2021
DOTian:

Your link buttresses nothing. When did Ironsi promulgate the decree? When was he killed? Has the decree come into effect as t the time of his death? Where there local premiers in the regions as at the day he was killed? Who killed him? For what purpose? If the unitary decree was part of the reason he was killed. Why hasn't it been abrogated in practice uptill today and why blame the man you killed for that? Answer those questions and have peace!
You other talk about coups is irrelevant. You are just looking for dirts to throw at the man. He quashed Nzeogwus coup! He was not part of it. He inherited a messed up country and was killed trying to mend things. Even Obasanjo and Gowon find it hard to say bad things against the man as you do freely here. Obasanjo made one of his son's the minister of Defence! That should tell you a lot..
I know nihilists and it's pointless arguing with them even when evidence is presented
Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 30, 2021
DOTian:

u need to.learn, seriously. He was killed, by northern officers, since he wouldn't try nzeogwu and co after six months plus, making them to think the coup was an ibo coup, and that he was a part, I never said he was part of d coup. They were out of patience, not for unitary decree he promulgated. For ur info, the unitary system had taken effect as at time of his death
Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by FakeUnity: 12:54am On Jul 30, 2021
DOTian:

God bless you and your generation. They will never lack wisdom.

These baboons still blame Igbos after killing us enmass for their misfortunes. You claimed Ironsi/Igbos 'brought unitary government that you didn't like, fine, what did you do about it?
You killed Ironsi, killed 5 million Igbos and their cousins and then when ahead to re-established THE SAME UNITARY GOVERNMENT YOU CLAIMED YOU HATED?
What do these really want from the Igbos? You've been in power since 1966 deciding who get what, filling the whole influential positions with your incompetent people after killing Igbos, yet still whine, complain and blame the Igbos for every misfortune that befalls you?

Animals pretending to be humans. Thunder!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by FakeUnity: 1:03am On Jul 30, 2021
Vickyvice:
I know nihilists and it's pointless arguing with them even when evidence is presented

Shut up, you've made no point, you anti-Igbo monkeys have been ruling the country since 1970s and barred Igbos from the presidency after killing millions of Igbos? why have you failed to fix your irredeemable cesspit after taking power for the past 60 years?

Just tell us you are too daft to run a country but always pointing accusing fingers to the Igbos you killed?

It's been 60 years for fuckkz sake Abokki! 60 years! Yet you have not the slightest idea how to run a country progressively?

Rwanda had a relatively recent war in the 90s, yet the ones who took power fixed the country and made it a tourist site with great strides and development. Mr Mallam, You've had the ball for 60 years yet blame others for your lack of talent? Are you normal? Abokey admit you are naturally daft and inept at progressive administration. Stop the blame game!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by Nobody: 5:33am On Jul 30, 2021
FakeUnity:

Shut up, you've made no point, your anti-Igbo monkeys have been ruling the country since 1970s and barred Igbos from the presidency after killing millions if Igbos? why have you failed to fix your irredeemable cesspit after taking power for the past 60 years? Just tell us you are too daft to run a country but always pointing accusing fingers to the Igbos you killed? It's been 60 years for fuckkz sake Abokki! 60 years! Yet you have not the slightest idea how to run a coutry progessively?

Rwanda had a relatively recent war in the 90s, yet the ones who took power fixed the country and made it a tourist site with great strides and development. Mr Mallam, You've had the ball for 60 years yet blame others for your lack of talent? Are you normal? Abokey admit you are naturally daft and inept at progressive administration. Stop the blame game!
who is this one? Am from south, boy and don't insult your father again for telling you the truth. Your hate for those who hold contrary views will never make you see and reason like a human. Aguiyi ironsi brought and implemented unitary government and ended federating system go and do research before you prove to us you are a kid.
Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by Ceenachi: 5:48am On Jul 30, 2021
Mama still got the groove. Happy birthday and God bless your new age

I believe some of them who spear headed that coup would have realised that it was not necessary going by the realities of the moment.
That what they thought was against the country then was actually what would have made this country a stronger and better nation today.
We are still hopeful that it will be better
Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by Danjikanbauchi: 7:28am On Jul 30, 2021
Vickyvice:
you are an illiterate, during ironsi don't we have regional governors, who are independent of their region. Who created states to weaken the regional government and make the state heavily depends on the center ?
Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by joyandfaith: 7:37am On Jul 30, 2021
Vickyvice:

OK. He brought unitary system. You killed him. You are still blaming him for unitary system after his death. You guys should fear God!
Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 30, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
you are an illiterate, during ironsi don't we have regional governors, who are independent of their region. Who created states to weaken the regional government and make the state heavily depends on the center ?
how dare you insult me just to state an opinion. Aguiyi ironsi laid the framework, he lasted just six months in power. Gowon continued from where he stopped. Don't insult first before stating a reply. You are grown I persume
Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 30, 2021
DOTian:

He quashed Nzeogwu’s coup by yelling at soldiers at road blocks to get out of his way and they complied immediately with no resistance.

He refused to prosecute the coup plotters for treason, left them in jail so that when he has full grip on power he’ll grant them state pardon.

Even an 8 year old won’t believe Ironsi wasn’t complacent in the coup.
Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 30, 2021
joyandfaith:

OK. He brought unitary system. You killed him. You are still blaming him for unitary system after his death. You guys should fear God!
funny enough am from the south like ironsi. So we weren't the ones who killed him. His quest for power and trying to uneccessarily please/appease the north on d killing of their people in nzeogwu coup, killed him, by making gowon and danjuma his p.a , c..s.o and unusually promoting northerners. Let me also remind you that ironsi even isolated igbos, cos he wanted approval of d north. Remember how he dealt with adaka boro when he pioneered resource control and devolution of power? You remember?
Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by Nuelito: 7:50am On Jul 30, 2021
Ok...seen
Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by StOsagie(m): 7:53am On Jul 30, 2021
DOTian:

I was once like you when I was an undergraduate. You really have a lot to learn.
Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by FakeUnity: 8:03am On Jul 30, 2021
Vickyvice:
who is this one? Am from south, boy and don't insult your father again for telling you the truth. Your hate for those who hold contrary views will never make you see and reason like a human. Aguiyi ironsi brought and implemented unitary government and ended federating system go and do research before you prove to us you are a kid.

Let's even assume you are right without conceeding. And you killed him for it and continued it.
You caught a thief, you then killed him and continued to take what he stole using the excuse that he was a thief.
Re: Video: See How The Wife of Aguyi Ironsi Celebrated Her 96th Birthday by Day169: 8:54am On Jul 30, 2021
Ageless beauty!

(1) (Reply)

Strange Picture Of Nnamdi Kanu In Pains / Tinubu Supporters Hit Bashir El-Rufai Over Picture Projecting Amaechi As Winner / Where Will Obi Get His Votes From Outside SE?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.