Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,869 members, 7,798,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Fred Nwabufo: Why The South-East Voted For Obasanjo Against Ojukwu In 2003 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fred Nwabufo: Why The South-East Voted For Obasanjo Against Ojukwu In 2003 (19098 Views)

FFK Blames Peter Obi & Obidients For Obasanjo's Disrespecting Of Yoruba Monarchs / FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others / ADC: It Will Be Difficult For Obasanjo To Remove Buhari From Office – Tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fred Nwabufo: Why The South-East Voted For Obasanjo Against Ojukwu In 2003 by dochenaj: 10:56pm On Jul 30, 2021
The idea that in Nigeria elections count, and the votes reported represent the will of the people is very fallacious.
Re: Fred Nwabufo: Why The South-East Voted For Obasanjo Against Ojukwu In 2003 by LegalWolf: 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2021
Re: Fred Nwabufo: Why The South-East Voted For Obasanjo Against Ojukwu In 2003 by BabaAduras: 1:58am On Jul 31, 2021
djon78:

You are not seeing the big picture.
You are just myopic in your vision

Nigerias political game is nothing to write home about
Look at the economy
Still in the back Waters

A political game that can't position Nigeria for sound economic development is a misplaced one

The Igbo man is not even concerned about the politics because it has not presented Nigeria any meaningful changes
We still go round the same circle as a nation

If the right leadership is not put in place, a leadership that will carry the interest and progress of every citizen of this nation at heart
And channel meaningful development

Decades to come
It will still be the same story
With the level of fracture and bickering now
I wonder how then will be

All the Igbo man is asking for is a better Nigeria, simple.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]Please forgive any Typo/grammatical errors. I did not proof-read before posting.

It you that is not seeing the big picture because your thinking is colored by tribalism. I will paint the real picture for you.

Right from the formation of Nigeria, the Igbos have been selling to the highest bidders for short-sighted gains without thinking of the long term implications on them and the entity called Nigeria.

When Awo proposed that a clause of “right to secede from Nigeria” be included in the constitution, it was Zik that rose against the inclusion of such clauses. During the First Republic, Awo proposed an alliance between AG and NCNC. While Awo and his AG team where waiting in Warri for Zik and NCNC team, Zik was deceptively in Kano forming a ruling alliance with the North. Even with the NCNC majority in the house and the NPC coming distance third in the elections, he short-sightedly gave the government to Saduana in the alliance. The singular act enthroned the Northern political hegemony that is still in place till today.

When the political setting turned sore, Zik in a bid to totally control the West was partook in jailing of Awo which led to total breakdown of law and order in the West that spread throughout the whole country. After the country became totally unruly, the set of young soldiers of Igbo origin lead by Agunyi Ironsii took over the through a Coup. In the Coup, they, like Zik, short-sightedly killed politicians from the North and the West only. Again this short-sightedness resulted in a counter-coup by young Hausa/Fulani soldiers led by Yakubu Gowon. During his coup, Gowon killed and disenfranchised military men from Eastern part of Nigeria in retaliation. Of course, this was the cause of the Civil War where the SE was thoroughly defeated.

I can go on and on to the repeat of similar short-sighted alliance by Igbo (Zik) and the North during the 2nd Republic and the same short-sighted pattern during this ongoing 3rd Republic.

You Igbos have not learnt and you will continue to be the defeated and 2nd class citizens of Nigeria if you continue your pattern. When the going was good, you believed in one Nigeria and sold your birthright to the North. Now that you are facing the consequences of selling your birthright, you are now crying marginalization and you want out of Nigeria. Guess what? You Igbos blocked the Constitution Clause that would have given you an out of Nigeria. ten million Kanus will not be able to free you from your stupidity and the consequences.

Lastly, you said all the Igbos is asking for is a better Nigeria - I do not agree with you. If that be the case, the Igbos should not have voted for for Atiku who is known to have sold off all our establishments cheap to his cronies and fellow thieves during his tenure as the VP to OBJ. Even if you don’t like PMB, there were other candidates on the ballot. But no, you did not vote for those but rather you voted for known thief because he gave Obi a poisoned VP position. Let me ask you, where is Obi today in the national politics of Nigeria? Now if he runs, he will not win counsellorship election in his LG. Such a waste of a Brilliant Presidential Prospect.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fred Nwabufo: Why The South-East Voted For Obasanjo Against Ojukwu In 2003 by zoedew: 6:38am On Jul 31, 2021
Eastlink:
IPOB Ekuke, yet since Zik's demise none of your shameless business men leaders could lace his shoes. It was the same Zik who rebounded Ndigbo back to the centre just after 10 years Ojukwu your god bungled the civil war, sending us to political relegation.

Is it still not a shame that since the death of Zik in 1996, no one including the jugganuts of Ekwueme, Ojukwu, Okadigbo, Nwobodo, Nzeribe, Anyim and Kalu etc could bring Igbos back to relevance. These ones where there when outsiders formed the useless MASSOB group and couldn't do anything. Most of them are still alive watching how PDP keep dribbling them from the coveted seat despite their years of servitude to the dead party.
The Zik mausoleum was built to time and relevant in our times.
Re: Fred Nwabufo: Why The South-East Voted For Obasanjo Against Ojukwu In 2003 by Deadlytruth(m): 10:57pm On Jul 31, 2021
Newton85:
Infact, if it wasn't for the South South States, Abiola would have lost to Bashir Tofa in 1993. Left to Igbos, Abiola would automatically lose.
Not even all South South states. Tofa trounced Abiola in Old Rivers which is now Rivers and Bayelsa. I think Same happened in Akwa Ibom. Only Edo, Delta and Cross River gave Abiola victory in the SS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fred Nwabufo: Why The South-East Voted For Obasanjo Against Ojukwu In 2003 by Deadlytruth(m): 11:57am On Aug 01, 2021
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/in-2003-south-east-voted-for-obasanjo-against-ojukwu/

This is the whole truth. Igbos started selling out to the Hausafulanis/Caliphate Establishment right from independence till 2015... a 55 year old history of sell out and self subjugation to slavery...but how the average Igbo person derives the courage to always come out and label other tribes as Fulani slaves is what remains a puzzle to me against these background facts of history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fred Nwabufo: Why The South-East Voted For Obasanjo Against Ojukwu In 2003 by Arda1000(m): 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2021
omoadeleye:
These stvpid people should just stfu ...

What's our business with what happened in the olden days...

without ur past there’s no future
Re: Fred Nwabufo: Why The South-East Voted For Obasanjo Against Ojukwu In 2003 by omoadeleye(m): 1:01pm On Aug 01, 2021
Arda1000:
without ur past there’s no future

Future is uncertain so is not something that's bound to happen, it's just an ordinary make or believe... When you make it , it doesn't mean it will happen but you can only believe in it happening.

So past will always be happening while the future is not guaranteed...

So past and future are both different entirely.
Re: Fred Nwabufo: Why The South-East Voted For Obasanjo Against Ojukwu In 2003 by WeRblessed(f): 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2021
[quote author=paramakina202 post=104262165]

Unfortunately Biafra is a mirage that is the reason why Ojukwu abandoned it and embraced reality which is Nigeria.[/quot

That Ojukwu abandoned the struggle for Biafra does not mean that the Igbos will not actualize Biafra. What sin did one committed by asking for a self actualization? It's like telling a spouse that filed for a divorce, 'no way are you divorcing me, because we must die in this marriage together'. Regardless of your religion and ethnicity, please can you tell me one or two reasons why Nigeria should be together. May be that would encourage me a little. Also tell me one or two things Nigeria has contributed to your life. In addition, tell me why Nigeria has no electricity, infrastructures, healthcare, great education, good justice system, lack of transparency, human right abuse, no fairness, justice and equity and has grave tribalism/ethnocentrism and nepotism? Please educate me.

Comparing Ojukwu to Nnamdi Kanu is like comparing David and Solomon in the bible. David was a man after God's heart, loved the Lord passionately, sang songs and worshiped God three times a day. He was gladdened to build a house for the Lord. In fact, he envisioned and believed that he would build the Lord a house where all the children of Israel would worship. A time came for him to start setting up a road map for the house of the Lord; he enquired from God to know whether he should go ahead with the building. But surprisingly, God told him NO! God told David that he appreciates his desire and zeal to build him a house where all the children of Israel would worship him, but unfortunately, he would not be the one to build him a house but his son Solomon. Solomon built a house for God and there the children of Israel worshipped.

My take here is that, Ojukwu conceived Biafra and without him the Igbos would have not known that there was a nation that existed before the origin of civilization named Biafra. That beautiful nation of a rising sun is what the Igbos want. Every Igbos man, no matter how he pretends and acts like he believes in one Nigeria has the Biafran dream. Even if there is only one Igbo man remaining in Nigeria, he and his children and grand children will still fight for Biafra. Therefore, Ojukwu conceived Biafra and Nnamdi Kanu and other like minds will birth Biafra.

A call for a referendum and self actualization is not a call for war. Igbos do not want war but a peaceful referendum to leave Nigeria. But even if Nigeria or Hausa/Fulani's declear war on the Igbos trust me it will not be like the one fought in 1967-1971. It will be fought differently. The war will not even last up to a week, because it would take less that 48 hours for the Igbos to destroy Nigeria without loading any bullets. The Igbos have one of the best scientists in the world. I will not explain more on this.

IPOB and ESN has never destroyed nor killed anyone. Aba Kiyari and his men sent machineries to Imo State and they burnt police stations and killed some police officers so that they could pin it on ESN/IPOB. In fact, the police have not found any ESN member nor killed one, because their roaster is still complete. They cannot find them periodt! Police would arrest innocent people, take a picture of them and release them. They would post those pictures and tag them ESN and IPOB members to show their pay masters that they are working.

Please my brother, I want you to think deep in the level of injustice mated on an average Igbo man / woman in Nigeria. Even you that hate the Igbos what is your reason? The Igbos were killed and their properties destroyed during the war ( which is the reason why they are scattered everywhere) . They were given 20 pounds to start their lives. They started life over again. Due to their God-given ability to create wealth from nothing, they overtook everyone and became the economic powerhouse of Nigeria. They have businesses and properties everywhere. They have built and developed more communities and cities in every States than any other group in Nigeria. They help their family members including their neighbors. They contribute in business taxes than any other group in Nigeria. Yet, the Nigerian government would take those monies from the Igbos and develop other northern and some southern States neglecting the Igbos. So tell me why the Igbos will not want to secede from Nigeria. You cannot flog your child and tell him/her not to cry. Igbos hatred in Nigeria steamed purely out of jealousy!

But my brothers, hate the Igbos, put then entrenched, send them into exile or dump them in the wilderness, they will still create wealth and turn that desert into a beautiful city. Who God has blessed remains blessed.

So Igbos are not chasing shadows or mirage, because arrest them, shoot them, kill them, and burn their properties, Igbos will not relent on their quest for a self actualization... BIAFRA is already here, so please, celebrate with us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amnesty International Condemns IPOB Sit-At-Home, Assassinations In South-East / Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution / Peter Obi Holds Interactive Session With NUJ Members In Akwa Ibom (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.