Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Legal Advice Urgently Needed - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Legal Advice Urgently Needed (239 Views)

Advice Urgently Needed / Free Legal Advice / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legal Advice Urgently Needed by charixel: 10:38am On Jul 30, 2021
The compound am living in have 2 building on it and they have been owing huge sum of electricity bill which my apartment agreed to help with monthly contribution to see how we can settle part of the bill.

We were able to settle and reach an agreement with PHCN. It has been forth coming without issue.

One morning, I heard my neighbour saying there is power but not like that with my apartment then I realized something is going on.

I had to ask the fellow whose name was mentioned and he said instruction was from PHCN that the building must be on a separate account which from a source said he and the landlord have been going about the said plan for over a week without informing anyone in the first block.

When I called the landlord, he lied about calling other block tenant which I did ask and all of them said nothing of such occurred.

I want to pursue these issue because I paid my bill up to date and staying without power is out of the question.

I need advice
Re: Legal Advice Urgently Needed by Seniorwriter(m): 10:43am On Jul 30, 2021
charixel:
The compound am living in have 2 building on it and they have been owing huge sum of electricity bill which my apartment agreed to help with monthly contribution to see how we can settle part of the bill.

We were able to settle and reach an agreement with PHCN. It has been forth coming without issue.

One morning, I heard my neighbour saying there is power but not like that with my apartment then I realized something is going on.

I had to ask the fellow whose name was mentioned and he said instruction was from PHCN that the building must be on a separate account which from a source said he and the landlord have been going about the said plan for over a week without informing anyone in the first block.

When I called the landlord, he lied about calling other block tenant which I did ask and all of them said nothing of such occurred.

I want to pursue these issue because I paid my bill up to date and staying without power is out of the question.

I need advice

Go to the nearest state Mediation Centre responsible for Landlord per Tenants dispute resolution.

charixel:

Thanks. I will take dis step.

Alright ...all the best.

@Seniorwriter

1 Like

Re: Legal Advice Urgently Needed by Gabaleve(m): 11:17am On Jul 30, 2021
OP let's wait for others
Re: Legal Advice Urgently Needed by charixel: 11:59am On Jul 30, 2021
Seniorwriter:

Go to the nearest state Mediation Centre responsible for Landlord per Tenants dispute resolution.

@Seniorwriter

Thanks. I will take dis step.
Re: Legal Advice Urgently Needed by Raymond0008(m): 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2021
Sounds like we live in the same compound, we were told to use separate bills within the house but the words we use in tackling them is that before the Landlord died, he paid for 5prepaid meter which the phcn guys have not delivered. They are now asking us to splitting the money in other bills that has 230k, 200k and 350k respectively. Lol

Awon Ase
Re: Legal Advice Urgently Needed by charixel: 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2021
Raymond0008:
Sounds like we live in the same compound, we were told to use separate bills within the house but the words we use in tackling them is that before the Landlord died, he paid for 5prepaid meter which the phcn guys have not delivered. They are now asking us to splitting the money in other bills that has 230k, 200k and 350k respectively. Lol

Awon Ase

Similar issue

(1) (Reply)

For Sale In Ondo Town: A Medium Size Generator / For Sale: 10 Tons Cold Room Off Allen Avenue Ikeja. N5m Asking. / Oniru Victoria Island:4 Bedroom Terrace House For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.