Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? (19434 Views)

How Can You Tell If A Coronavirus Vaccine Has Given You Immunity? / This Is By Far One Of The Best Advice In 2017 / What's The Longest Time NEPA Has Given You Steady Light. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by hofeshhomes: 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2021
Let me post some

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Powersurge: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2021
" If you are too careful, you will break the glass" --- my hostel mate.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Goodluckall: 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2021
No limit to what you can achieve....
Work and pray

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 8:30pm On Jul 31, 2021
Vipro:
When I was about to enter senior secondary school,mum said I should stop cramming when she sighted me doing so,she said I rather read to UNDERSTAND.

That word of her[color=#000099][/color] has really improved me.
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Ekpekus(m): 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2021
The best advice amongst many by my Dad): Your brother get money, go find your own o... otherwise hunger go beat well well...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by DAMN99: 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2021
MufasaLion:
I don't take advise, I advise people.
Na because you never jam

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2021
I can't remember that. They abound.
But I will welcome advice now on what to do about a sibling who is just bent on ruining your life but keeps telling people that e doesn't hate you or have ill feelings towards you. This same sibling that takes delight in shunning you interacts with others family members, and you see this person every day!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by MufasaLion: 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2021
DAMN99:

Na because you never jam

And I hope not to.
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by authority2006(m): 9:49pm On Jul 31, 2021
Spend less, invest more and more and more. That's my advice to myself

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Fantazy(m): 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2021
MufasaLion:

Your downfall is near.
I'm not cursing oh, it's natural for those who don't take advice.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by DoctorStylish: 9:59pm On Jul 31, 2021
Never Settle . The best advice I have heard “ Live your Life with Purpose “
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by musablinkz: 10:05pm On Jul 31, 2021
MufasaLion:
let me advice you now; alwayss try to disembark from negetive cappin'
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Drizzy5001(m): 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2021
I have sense too much , so I don't need advice rather, I advice people
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Olachase(m): 10:50pm On Jul 31, 2021
Respect rule 1
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by mrdino(m): 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2021
1. Do not place too much expectation on people, it's the root of hatred (you will hate them when they eventually disappoint you).

2. Do not enter into a relationship (even marriage) with too many expectations, be prepared to give than receive.

3. One of the easiest way to detect someone who possesses good leadership ability; they are fond of using (consciously or subconsciously) "we" instead of "I", when taking credit or blame.

4. To truly test a man's character, observe how he behaves around the following 3 things: money, power and sex.

5. With power/freedom comes a huge amount of responsibility.

6. Do not look for love, rather look for good virtues and let love find you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by MufasaLion: 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2021
[s]
musablinkz:
let me advice you now; alwayss try to disembark from negetive cappin'

[/s]
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by MufasaLion: 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2021
[s]
Fantazy:

Your downfall is near.
I'm not cursing oh, it's natural for those who don't take advice.
[/s]
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by lanre88(m): 12:18am On Aug 01, 2021
Best advice was to join Networking.

This is the best that has ever happened to me.
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by PAQ(m): 12:23am On Aug 01, 2021
Work hard play harder!
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by placeofallure(f): 12:38am On Aug 01, 2021
Many valuable life lessons handed down from my mum.

Forget religion, she's a good person through and through. Many people around testify to that. Even strangers single her out to confide in her. She's a Mecca of some sort because people, women thronged our house just to seek her advice or thoughts on things. She's very kind and considerate. Many times, she cooks and never eats, she must have given out her portion and mine too severally. She knew she could convince me easily to let go. She was modest. In her lack, she was contended. Always seeing the good side of people and encourages them to be better. People bring their children to her for counseling. A great disciplinarian. She never suffer fools gladly. Her mannerisms, top notch - how you eat, talk, walk, body pose etc. She's an "all rounder" She is a great cook. She is an epitome of God's graciousness. If you ask me, I'd say she's a magician, creating something out of nothing.

Now, tell me how the child of such a woman will turn out?

I am my mother's daughter.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Rick9(m): 1:05am On Aug 01, 2021
Lamasta:
Among all the advice I have ever received majority of which I have forgotten tho, the one I will never forget is the one my female friend told me out of anger that I should stop talking jokingly or anyhow that I have authority in mouth since that day I examined myself and how I speak cos my words are powerful when I say them either jokingly or seriously they always come to pass and its after it comes to pass I usually recall.....
That's why I do avoid anything that gets me angry cos if I vex for somebody and bad words drop from my mouth it usually come to pass...
You have a Prophetic Calling. Spend more time with God.
And He will direct you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:05am On Aug 01, 2021
Nothing moves untill u move

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Ghettologist(m): 1:34am On Aug 01, 2021
Be smart. Save money. Take care of your family and Thank God.
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by bummyla(m): 1:52am On Aug 01, 2021
My Aunty was mocking for been unemployed for almost 4 years after graduation and she said cynically "If I were you, I will run to God for help, maybe giving your life to Christ will get you a job." You know what I took her advice, even though she was mocking me, but I took her advice and God did not disappoint me. I got a very good job 4 months later.

When I got my first car, my Dad called to find out how I was coping with driving in Lagos, since I had fear for driving! I told him, I could move the car forward only, I cant reverse! He said "Son! Forget about reverse! The more you move the car forward the easier the reverse will be!" Immediately he said that, something clicked in my spirit, This Is How Life Works! the more you pursue your dreams, the less difficult it is to overcome all the obstacles to your greatness!

3rd one! Before I started driving (Now I be 007 James Bond) I have gone to 3 different driving school, taught a million times by friends and family members for over years. So when my car came, I had finished one month driving lessons, paid for additional 2 weeks, was waiting for my instructor to come and carry me for training, when a friend said to me "boy if you don't practice what you have been taught at school on your own how will you master that course? We go to school to learn, we perfect what we have been taught on our own." That made a lot of sense to me. I got into my car, drove all by myself, from Lekki to Sangotedo, called my instructor, asked for a refund.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by bunlizlaw(f): 5:23am On Aug 01, 2021
A close colleague advised me to "Apply for Canada Permanent Residency" in late 2017 , which I never regretted doing. Thank God I took to the lady's advice.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Thazard(m): 7:49am On Aug 01, 2021
Interesting comments so far

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by smartNerd: 8:14am On Aug 01, 2021
I have learned over the years that when one’s
mind is made up, this diminishes fear. -- Rosa
Parks

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13900158_dearpastthank_jpeg_jpegdb11b56dcd31f27e7abf4625978d6c01

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:06am On Aug 01, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Mine is : momsy advice me to be contended with what i have.... Now no one can impress me with any flashy life-style. ... The only thing wey you fit take impress me now na when you take picture with God... If not, forget it. .........

Now over to you.
Are you sure
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:07am On Aug 01, 2021
Dabronze:
There is always a price to pay to acheive success in life cuz nothing good come easy
THE LAW OF SUCCESS
By Napoleon Hill
True
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:12am On Aug 01, 2021
rookidmart:
Mosdiii...
grin
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:13am On Aug 01, 2021
Hambivert:
1. Fear 'woman'
2. Fear who, and what doesn't fear 'woman'
3. Never, ever forget Rule 1 and 2.

That has sparogatively been the best advice for me till date.
Have you got a bad experience with that gender
Re: What Is The Best Advice Someone Has Ever Given You ? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:13am On Aug 01, 2021
Mihaug:
1. Trust in God
2. No marry
3. Hustle ooo
Number 2 is it possible without family pressure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are North Sudanese People Black / This Man Got Knocked-down By A Moving Train In Lagos (PHOTO) / Elephantiasis: Prevention Is Better Than Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.