Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,404 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:56 PM

Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) (49536 Views)

China Threatens To NUKE Japan On Eve Of Olympics If It Intervenes In Taiwan(Pix) / Chinese Military Shows Off It's Deadly, Robot Attack-And-Destroy Sharks / China Warns US Against Sparking Cold War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by CooKeed(m): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2021
dmbb:

Tell me what happened? Why are you worshipping America?

Worshipping America is one thing. Talking facts is an entirely different thing.

World powers come and go. There was the time of the British, the Romans, the French etc. Right now it is the time of the US. We have to admit that the US is by far the greatest military power at this present time. And it looks like they will be for a long, long time.

If you're referring to the recent attack earlier this month, then I'd say we have to wait and see. Thankfully, no lives were lost it that attack, I believe.

But I will remind you that when Iran attacked the US embassy in Baghdad in December 2019 the US killed Iran's military general. Not just a random general, but someone who is considered a right hand man to their ruler. And then Iran mistakenly shut down an Ukrainian passenger plane.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by generalwo(m): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2021
HolinessForever:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15733344/chinese-military-us-playing-fire-crush-taiwan-independence/amp/
..... The Chinese are so stupid sha.... So so talk na im them sabi..... No be only fire.... Na oven USA dey play with..... Useless evil minded fools
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by goodheart02(m): 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
dmbb:

My friend Iran attacked American base and nothing happened, Russia and China are untouchable, if they are not let America be the first to strike and see wonderful things, they will teach America a big lesson.

Truly you know nothing... Lol. Peace be unto you!
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by omanzo02: 6:00pm On Jul 31, 2021
Masterito:
Saying US will do nothing makes you a clown. China will never invade Taiwan without US approval else China will see real war. All these statements and show of force by the Chinese na noise. The fact US military aircraft just landed in Taiwan and China did nothing but issue warning should educate you properly.
They are ignorant, the Russian were doing the same by threatening it's neighbours and Eu countries, the port of Antwerp and Rotterdam has be busy moving American war equipment to Russia border, they know that hence Putin has been making noise, the pictures below are in 2021.

Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by goodheart02(m): 6:01pm On Jul 31, 2021
CooKeed:

Nothing happened? Really?

No need talking to the dude. He's so ignorant and I'm ashamed of it
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by dmbb: 6:02pm On Jul 31, 2021
CooKeed:

Worshipping America is one thing. Talking facts is an entirely different thing.

World powers come and go. There was the time of the British, the Romans, the French etc. Right now it is the time of the US. We have to admit that the US is by far the greatest military power at this present time. And it looks like they will be for a long, long time.

If you're referring to the recent attack earlier this month, then I'd say we have to wait and see. Thankfully, no lives were lost it that attack, I believe.

But I will remind you that when Iran attacked the US embassy in Baghdad in December 2019 the US killed Iran's military general. Not just a random general, but someone who is considered a right hand man to their ruler. And then Iran mistakenly shut down an Ukrainian passenger plane.
That means America is not untouchable but who did you ever see attacked China or Russia as of recent and went scot free? Nobody can try that suicide
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by Originalsly: 6:02pm On Jul 31, 2021
dermmy:

Oh yes..That reputational damage is what is still holding China back. And at this point i believe China does not care. China has offered the one-country two systems but Taiwan has refused it. A formal move towards independence is what China won't accept. China has signaled that.

You believe U.S. would go to war against China over Taiwan? When Taiwan sealed a mutual defence treaty with U.S in 1954 America gave the country conditions. Kinmen and Matsu Islands were not part of the defence provision so China was able to shell them at will during the 2nd Taiwan strait crisis, America told Chiang Kai Shek it won't come to Taiwan defence if it was Taiwan that attacked China first. There was a time Chian Kai-Shek was urging America to help him take China back but U.S. refused all because it was avoiding a military entanglement with China. Not that U.S feared China but it believed a war with China over Taiwan does not worth it and China was not even a military power then.

Taiwanese leaders are not even sure if U.S. would come to their rescue. And I believe China is not ready to invade now all these military drills and threat are attempt to coerce Taiwan into accepting the one-country two systems.

The bolded is what most people are overlooking. This is 2021 ... not the 1900's. China is now a super power ... is confident of its capabilities ... the reason it can has been confronting the US military. The US is not confident on its might ... the reason it always backs off in the field when it is the one that starts the face offs. Since Biden took office ... a warmonger has been seeking confrontations.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by RedEnergy: 6:04pm On Jul 31, 2021
goodheart02:

Exactly bro. The world was actually sleeping when the US was working over night to create this web of strategies. Even the US mainland is far away from China or Russia's reach. Not every their so called hypersonic missile can hit any target of American soil owing to the distance. Sometimes I laugh when some ignorant folks on nairaland bring up their wack analysis of how China and Russia will decimate the West.
2021 China defense budget around $200 billion. USA defense budget around $750 billion. Money wins wars. Ordinary small change Buhari bribed Kenya, they shipped Nnamdi Kanu to him, Igboho is still struggling with his own in Benin Republic. For the right price, they will ship Igboho to Buhari too. Now Imagine what Japan or India will do to help USA against China if they get like another $50 billion extra to what they have been getting before grin? America doesn't just control the world with military power, they also control the world with money, free money they dash around.

4 Likes

Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by palsenator(m): 6:05pm On Jul 31, 2021
Righteousness2:
The Sleeping Giant ( USA) Headed by Biden should tread with Caution.
Power has Change hands in the Spiritual realm. It's just waiting for the Physical manifestation.

USA, The Sleeping Giant aka Nomerica is on its way down. The Present leadership of America is there to pilot the Fall and Destruction of Babylon the Great. America today has turned its back on GOD and GOD has turned His back on Her.

The Countries I pity are the Countries looking to America to Help them. They will be Dissapponted. The US will not be able to help itself talkless of others.

You are daft and I am sure you are one of those people with myopic knowledge about warfare... Which stupid power has changed hand? Which spiritual realm? The one that hasn't changed your mentality?

Let me summarize it all, most country even Russia dare not go out to attack the United States, they can only stay back and try to protect their territory. There is no nation on EARTH that can sail to the united state territory like they do to others..

I repeat, most of the United States airspace ( not all ) are protected against any incoming missiles if fired from another region ( through INTERCONTINENTAL BALLISTIC MISSILES ).

United States can't be attacked easily on their land , they go to war not like war is visiting them.. shey U no anything ni?

Now back to the allied forces, the world super powers still include Great Britain, Germany, France , Israel , Australia, New Zealand , Canada and they are all loyal to the United States Incase of a war.

United States have the best Airforce in the world , not just in the world alone, they can face many nations at once in a single war... They are not protect ALONE like your country that believe in the God of Israel. Now If you don't know, the best in the air always win major wars. U decode that?

Let me stop by telling you that the united state military budget swallows that of RUSSIA, CHINA , UK , FRANCE all combined.. as it's massive. They have secret weapon, the kind the world has not seen.

Don't Bleep with the united state..
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by dmbb: 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2021
goodheart02:

Truly you know nothing... Lol. Peace be unto you!
Amen, same to you
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by Righteousness2(m): 6:12pm On Jul 31, 2021
Originalsly:

So what will happen to Israel?.... that is heavily dependent on the US?

America leadership today has turned its back on Israel . Forget about the fake face they try to put out. Infact it is one of the Major reasons why they are headed for Destruction.

GOD will always fix Israel. Tho they will go through some troubles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by BullyBullies: 6:12pm On Jul 31, 2021
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by michresakidjo(m): 6:12pm On Jul 31, 2021
BKayy:

How did America make China that fought off the chains Of the Western bloc that Africa is in currently what she is?
The Communist China. Please explain

Where does china got her tech from??

Chinese Economic success is consequent on the pressure by United states that force china to open her economy for foreign investment, particulary the U.S manufacturing companies in return for China re-admision into U.N security Council. The deluge of the U.S companies entry into chinese market because of its large market prospect amd cheap labours led to the meteoric rise of china and its burgeoning economic miracle. All these under happened under Richard Nixon presidency...henry kissinger travelled to china also facilitated this.

Where did Most of chinese scientists study? Even xijinping daughter had her first degree from havard

U.S is just too a benevolent hegemon by accomodating china into WTO in 2001, remember china has over time run foul of the rule base System of this organization.... Free riding at U.S expense

Theft of the critical U.S cutting edge technology in a bid to fast track her global ambition of made in china 2025 more so... Coercive policies of transfer of U.S technology to domestic or local companies as a license for doing Business in china.... These practices has been going on for years until trump madness came on board to challenge and respond to the U.S compaines complaint about china trade policies.

U.S is home to largest concentration of Chinese International students in American versities and colleges, these students after their. Study went back home to establish withe help of the CCP even chinese reserchers are among.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by Sprumbaba: 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2021
Kingosytex:

Is Trump still winning the election?
cheesy

Yes, in 2024. Over your dead body.
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by CooKeed(m): 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2021
WhatCanIsay:

America is capitalist.

China is capitalist.

Government is abstract; the people are the manifestations of the government. For the companies to start exploring and investing in China, the American government gave a go ahead order. It's not just a decision made individually. Some companies in the earlier times even enjoyed incentives for such investment.

America gained from it, China developed from it. It could be argued that China made more out of it, which ain't bad.

So as I said earlier, America opened up China.

Perhaps we should agree to disagree.

Well, there's capitalism in China no doubt. But the government involves itself in enterprise. We cannot call it 'fully' capitalist. But then there is no full capitalism anywhere in the world. In any case, the US has become the symbol of capitalism around the world. As far as capitalism is concerned the US is far ahead. Two of the top 5 companies in the world (by revenue) are owned by the Chinese govt. And with the way the Chinese government routinely meddles into the affairs of private businesses (Ali baba being a recent example) I would be reluctant to call it a capitalist nation, at least not on par with the US or other western democracies. Mind you, this is not an endorsement of any economic system. I'm just saying it as it is.

I agree that if the US prevented it's companies from doing business in China, then they wouldn't do business in China. But 'permitting' your companies to do business does not equate to the US 'opening up China' . China opened itself up and businesses took advantage of an opportunity for greater profit (as businesses typically do).

And like you said, they both benefitted from it. Just as business should be.
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by Kingosytex(m): 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2021
Sprumbaba:

Yes, in 2024. Over your dead body.

What do you mean by this?
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by Krismas(m): 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2021
dermmy:
The western hypocritical nations that have violated international laws and annexed lands that don't belong to them before and after the age of international law are now acting as saints. America agreed that Taiwan and China is one country under the Shanghai Communique that U.S. president Richard Nixon signed with China during his visit to the country in 1972.

China has every right to take Taiwan but i would just advice Xi JinPing to forget this irredentist ambition and move on.
coolPls cud u explain wot u mean by IRREDENTIST AMBITION? The US is very STUPID for all their misbehavior over Taiwan. I think d time is right for them to be dealt with. Chinese fury is justified

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by akan102: 6:19pm On Jul 31, 2021
Righteousness2:
Power has Change hands in the Spiritual realm. It's just waiting for the Physical manifestation.

USA, The Sleeping Giant aka Nomerica is on its way down. The Present leadership of America is there to pilot the Fall and Destruction of Babylon the Great. America today has turned its back on GOD and GOD has turned His back on Her.

The Countries I pity are the Countries looking to America to Help them. They will be Dissapponted. The US will not be able to help itself talkless of others.
So which country is God facing now, is it China?
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by DEEBOZZ(m): 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2021
Is it the same USA that ordinary North Korea was shaking till they called for a round table meetings? cheesy grin

If USA under Donald Trump can't crush North Korea after all the noise, is it China that has almost everything that USA military can brag of that they want to engage in war with?

1 Like

Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by Hawkler: 6:21pm On Jul 31, 2021
dmbb:
We don't pray for war, we want peace to reign in the world, we love UK but China and Russia are invincible as of now
I missed the warlord "Bush"
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by leofab(f): 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2021
RedEnergy:
China hypersonic missiles range is under 3,000km maximum currently. Distance from China to USA is over 11,000km. China can never hit USA mainland soil with any missile from China, unless they deploy it from a fighter jet, but do you think USA with all the military bases it has all across Asia in different allies countries with high tech radars monitoring their airspace 24/7 will allow China fighter jets to pass through and come anywhere near enough to bomb American soil? It's not going to happen. In WW1 and WW2, not 1 single bomb was dropped on US soil, because America is out of reach. And that principle is what the US military has built its war strategy on till today. Highest China can do is to bomb some US military bases in the Asia-Pacific region and attack US military forces there but they can't get to America. But mainland China is 100% within reach of American bombs, including Nuclear and MOAB bombs. Because America has its forces all across asia and can deploy WMD's into that region very easily with its stragetic partnership with its allies close to China. How can you defeat America if you can't even bomb American soil and cities? 2 nuclear bombs dropped on Japan made them surrender, but even without the Nuclear bombs, America was already bombing Japan in their country but not 1 single Japanese bomb reached American mainland soil. Highest their enemy can do is to bomb external US districts, but not the main continental USA. China cannot defeat America. They can only bark and bark but they will 100% avoid a war with USA.
the Japanese bombed the Oregon coastlines and forest in 1942… but usa productions is strategic that’s why usa was willing to fight a war during the Cuban crises…
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by heniford2: 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2021
dermmy:

U.S. won't do nothing if China invades Taiwan the only thing it can do is send Taiwan equipments. Ask yourself this question is U.S. willing to engage a Peer-Nuclear power over a small Island that it does not have sovereign right over? The mutual defence treaty between U.S and Taiwan Sino-American Mutual Defence Treaty was terminated by President Jimmy Carter in 1979 and the offshoot of the defence pact Taiwan Relations Act has no mutual defence clause. China would incur the wrath of western nations but it can only manifest through economic sanctions.

But Japan is what i don't know cause Japan's southern Ryukyu Islands chain are closer to Taiwan than the Japanese mainland and much of Japan's export and import passes through the strait. Japan believes a Taiwan controlled by China would affect the free flow of commodities that pass through the Taiwan strait so Japan has a keen interest in the future of the country and has signaled it has an obligation to help the country should China invade.
USA want to clip ching by all means so if china invade a country like TIawan USA will hit China in a big way that china will love to react too and boom china will witness another level of attack
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by michresakidjo(m): 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2021
Yusman316:

U think China is another Iraq or Afghanistan that U.S can easily subdue

Power is measured in relative terms... You don't fight a near competitor like china unlike the arabian weaklings up

1 Like

Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by WhatCanIsay(m): 6:26pm On Jul 31, 2021
CooKeed:

Perhaps we should agree to disagree.

Well, there's capitalism in China no doubt. But the government involves itself in enterprise. We cannot call it 'fully' capitalist. But then there is no full capitalism anywhere in the world. In any case, the US has become the symbol of capitalism around the world. As far as capitalism is concerned the US is far ahead. Two of the top 5 companies in the world (by revenue) are owned by the Chinese govt. And with the way the Chinese government routinely meddles into the affairs of private businesses (Ali baba being a recent example) I would be reluctant to call it a capitalist nation, at least not on par with the US or other western democracies. Mind you, this is not an endorsement of any economic system. I'm just saying it as it is.

I agree that if the US prevented it's companies from doing business in China, then they wouldn't do business in China. But 'permitting' your companies to do business does not equate to the US 'opening up China' . China opened itself up and businesses took advantage of an opportunity for greater profit (as businesses typically do).

And like you said, they both benefitted from it. Just as business should be.

It's all good bro... Daalụ
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by favor914: 6:26pm On Jul 31, 2021
Lewisjohnson:
China don 4get say de whole world is still angry wit dem via Covid19,
No worries mak de shoot 1st nd see de outcome,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
De tink USA de dull in situations lik dis,,,,,,
#US, de only language Chinese terrorists understand very well is ##Pythonese Language##
Taiwan like Hong Kong belongs to the People’s Republic of China.
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by almarthins(m): 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2021
Righteousness2:

Which of the Babylon ( mystical Babylon and materialistic Babylon) will fall first ?
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by favor914: 6:28pm On Jul 31, 2021
michresakidjo:

Power is measured in relative terms... You don't fight a near competitor like china unlike the arabian weaklings up
Like Hong Kong, Nothing can stop China from reclaiming ROC?
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by engrchykae(m): 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2021
CooKeed:

This is different. A large percentage of Crimeans want to be under Russian rule. The Taiwanese generally want nothing to do with China.
double standard at work,why not go through referendum which is more modern and civilized?
The UN doesn't care about ambazonians who need independence but suddenly care about hong Kong and Taiwan simply because they need a friend around an enemy called China
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by CooKeed(m): 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2021
dmbb:

That means America is not untouchable but who did you ever see attacked China or Russia as of recent and went scot free? Nobody can try that suicide

Of course nobody is untouchable. Israel is not untouchable, but you cannot deny that it has demonstrated superior military power against Hamas.

I think you are asking the wrong question. The question should be "which nation or organisation attacked the US, and gone scot free?"

Russia is a military super power. China is a military super power. But the US is far superior to both of them, or any other nation for that matter. The scale at which the US projects its military power around the world is simply mind boggling.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by Masterito(m): 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2021
You said it all. I happy someone here understands the game.
omanzo02:

They are ignorant, the Russian were doing the same by threatening it's neighbours and Eu countries, the port of Antwerp and Rotterdam has be busy moving American war equipment to Russia border, they know that hence Putin has been making noise, the pictures below are in 2021.
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by DEEBOZZ(m): 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2021
Dextre:

You just dey yarn, who is the whole world vexing bout COVID-19. Make US sef nor underestimate China. You think say China na world power by mouth
No mind them!
Most of these guys on Nairaland don't know how far China has gone in terms of technology.
China has developed their military in such a way that they can be able to withstand any rival world power.
China is the present and the future.
Re: Chinese Military Warns US Is Playing With Fire & Pledges To Crush Taiwan(Pix) by Krismas(m): 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2021
Masterito:
Saying US will do nothing makes you a clown. China will never invade Taiwan without US approval else China will see real war. All these statements and show of force by the Chinese na noise. The fact US military aircraft just landed in Taiwan and China did nothing but issue warning should educate you properly.
coolU are the one that needs education about the events unfolding in Taiwan. The OP said the democratic government fled to Taiwan? No. It was escorted by an American warship. America declared den, that Taiwan was the ONLY China they recognized grin How market? They have failed. They have an ambassador in China now, I mean the REAL China. The Chinese did not lose the Korean War against the US inspite of its crudeness and ragtag in those day. How much more now, wen d Chinese military is completely tech. The US that cannot defeat ordinary Taliban. They will lose woefully to d Chinese

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Salman Rushdie goes into Hiding After brutal Attack, Loses An Eye And An Arm / ISIS Releases The Names And Picture Of The Sri Lankan Bombers / Hostage Fears For British & Afghan Allies Left At The Mercy Of Taliban & Isis-K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.