Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? (38856 Views)

Dilemma In Relationship Over Lies / Lady In Tears As She Says No To Her Boyfriend In Public Despite The Cameras(Pics / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend Through A Billboard In Lagos (More Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Stephen2324(m): 7:27am On Jul 31, 2021
If a man proposes to a lady and she says No, is the relationship over?

3 Shares

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by 2special(m): 7:28am On Jul 31, 2021
Yes

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Dreadlock69(m): 7:29am On Jul 31, 2021
No if she's very rich and friendly

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by WonderManly(m): 7:30am On Jul 31, 2021
Stephen2324:

137 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by chatinent: 7:33am On Jul 31, 2021
No, you guys are doing vote of no confidence in the parliament, that's why you'll stay.

Okuko Igbo.

130 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Romanoff(f): 7:36am On Jul 31, 2021
Depends on her reason for saying No and how long y'all have been in a relationship.

It's okay to say No if you've only been dating for like three months and you feel you haven't gotten to know the man enough to make that commitment so quickly.

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by thesicilian: 7:50am On Jul 31, 2021
For most men who know what they want in life and know that there's no time to waste , the relationship is usually over when a proposal is denied.
But for those who think the woman is the only one in the world and want to hang around in the hopes that they might be pitied and accepted eventually, the relationship can last for as long as possible.

341 Likes 28 Shares

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by NOGRUDGES(m): 7:51am On Jul 31, 2021
No, it means u can only kwantinue to shine Congo inzha aza room till the real owner shows up grin

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by arthurwillia(m): 7:52am On Jul 31, 2021
Dreadlock69:

Weyrey but na True sha
I won’t mind

Stephen2324 post=104269670:
No if she's very rich and friendly
If you wan buy meat and they say e no Dey, you go still Dey there dey find ponmo?

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 31, 2021
Yes no yes no yes yes no
Yes no yes no yes yes no
Yes no yes no yes yes no

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Zamboroto: 8:02am On Jul 31, 2021
Before?
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Shortyyy(f): 8:06am On Jul 31, 2021
Yes of course

2 Likes

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by habsydiamond(m): 8:06am On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:
Depends on her reason for saying No and how long y'all have been in a relationship.

It's okay to say No if you've only been dating for like three months and you feel you haven't gotten to know the man enough to make that commitment so quickly.
but that shouldn't be a straight No. Such must come with some explanations I guess

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Romanoff(f): 8:22am On Jul 31, 2021
habsydiamond:
but that shouldn't be a straight No. Such must come with some explanations I guess

But do you guys want to hear the explanations?

Many of you aren't willing to listen, you just focus on the "No". There is always a reason for a No.

3 Likes

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Dreadlock69(m): 8:27am On Jul 31, 2021
arthurwillia:
If you wan buy meat and they say e no Dey, you go still Dey there dey find ponmo?

Eheh nah grin
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Nazgul: 8:35am On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:

You're just speaking English.

When a girls says no to the proposal of a guy she's supposedly dating, it's either she feels he doesn't measure up to her standard or she has someone else.

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Romanoff(f): 8:55am On Jul 31, 2021
Nazgul:

You're just speaking English.

When a girls says no to the proposal of a guy she's supposedly dating, it's either she feels he doesn't measure up to her standard or she has someone else.

So it's okay for a woman you know to say yes to a guy she just met if he proposed to her.

Or it's okay for a girl to say yes to a guy who has said he'd change some of his bad behaviours but she's yet to see the changes?

There's always a reason for every answer, Yes or No.

That yes she's giving you could also be because you're her only option or cause you're her meal ticket out of poverty.

A No is not always bad, just get the reason for the No and be open to discussions.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by habsydiamond(m): 8:58am On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:

But do you guys want to hear the explanations?

Many of you aren't willing to listen, you just focus on the "No". There is always a reason for a No.
Not all guys will stick to a No as a reply. As for me o, I would like to know her reason or the reasons behind her no.

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Lilpen3758: 9:00am On Jul 31, 2021
Doja2000:
Yes no yes no yes yes no
Yes no yes no yes yes no
Yes no yes no yes yes no
no go find work angry

13 Likes

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Cholls(m): 9:01am On Jul 31, 2021
My brother if na my Wife even if she says no hundred times I will keep asking until she says YES!...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Nazgul: 9:06am On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:

So it's okay for a woman you know to say yes to a guy she just met if he proposed to her.

Or it's okay for a girl to say yes to a guy who has said he'd change some of his bad behaviours but she's yet to see the changes?

There's always a reason for this every answer, Yes or No.

That yes she's giving you could also be because you're her only option or cause you're her neal ticket out of poverty.

A No is not always bad, just get the reason for the No and be open to discussions.
The op wasn't referring to relationship he was talking about marriage, read his question...he asked is the relationship over if she says no meaning both couples should already be in a relationship according to his narration.

So if a girl I'm dating for a couple of months decides to say no to my marriage proposal, why should I bother myself, if her reason for saying no is because of some bad behaviours she feels I have, why no talk to me about it since we're dating?

And if her yes is because she wants a ticket out of poverty, I would have already detected her parasitic nature and wouldn't bother myself to push it any further by popping the marriage question.

I still maintain my stand that whenever a girl says no to the marital proposal of her guy, she's either seeing someone she feels is much better than him or she doesn't see a future with him.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by moriss33(m): 9:06am On Jul 31, 2021
If I propose & u say No....we Moveee, no time

10 Likes

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Romanoff(f): 9:10am On Jul 31, 2021
Nazgul:

The op wasn't referring to relationship he was talking about marriage, meaning both couples should already be in a relationship according to his narration.

So if a girl I'm dating for a couple of months decides to say no to my marriage proposal, why should I bother myself, if her reason for saying no is because of some bad behaviours she feels I have, why no talk to me about it since we're dating?

And if her yes is because she wants a ticket out of poverty, I would have already detected her parasitic nature and wouldn't bother myself to push it any further by popping the marriage question.

I still maintain my stand that whenever a girl says no to the marital proposal of her guy, she's either seeing someone she feels is much better than him or she doesn't see a future with him.

What is your idea of a couple of months?

That you think you know her enough to propose doesn't mean she knows you enough to say yes.

Your timeline shouldn't be her timeline.

Asides this, there should have been discussions that should lead to as proposal.

You can't just propose to a woman based in your own timeline and think hers doesn't matter.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 31, 2021
Lilpen3758:
no go find work angry
I get work tongue

2 Likes

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Romanoff(f): 9:13am On Jul 31, 2021
habsydiamond:
Not all guys will stick to a No as a reply. As for me o, I would like to know her reason or the reasons behind her no.

Exactly. You deserve to know why.

Me I've told my sisters that they should not marry a guy if they don't have a job or business doing. In that case, if I was in their place and a guy they are in a relationship proposes to them, I'd tell the guy, "I'm not saying no, but I'd like for us to wait till I get my finances together".

Simple as that.

If na me, I for done dey hammer am to the guy sha say "I no dey marry without job or business".

What if the lady is still dealing with a traumatic past, what if she's just not ready for that step yet?

Reasons plenty o.

9 Likes

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Lilpen3758: 9:17am On Jul 31, 2021
Doja2000:
I get work tongue
undecided undecided ehhhh??

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Nazgul: 9:19am On Jul 31, 2021
Romanoff:

What is your idea of a couple of months?

That you think you know her enough to propose doesn't mean she knows you enough to say yes.

Your timeline shouldn't be her timeline.

Asides this, there should have been discussions that should lead to as proposal.

You can't just propose to a woman based in your own timeline and think hers doesn't matter.
If you don't know him enough, then what have you guys been doing in the relationship?

If you must know, relationships isn't just meant for exploring different sex styles and positions, it's a platform to understand each other, plan and execute futuristic goals, support each other's ambition, tolerate each other...etc.

So if after spending time, emotions, resources, energy... etc, with a guy and you still can't make up your mind concerning him, then you're not matured enough to be in a relationship in the first place, or you're just a flirt looking to enjoy your youthful age to it's fullest.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Romanoff(f): 9:28am On Jul 31, 2021
Nazgul:

If you don't know him enough, then what have you guys been doing in the relationship?

If you must know, relationships isn't just meant for exploring different sex styles and positions, it's a platform to understand each other, plan and execute futuristic goals, support each other's ambition, tolerate each other...etc.

So if after spending time, emotions, resources, energy... etc, with a guy and you still can't make up your mind concerning him, then you're not matured enough to be in a relationship in the first place, or you're just a flirt looking to enjoy your youthful age to it's fullest.

That's why I said it depends on how long y'all have known each other. I personally am against premarital sex.

If y'all are not sleeping with each other, you'll be more objective in choosing a partner.

Timing matters in proposals o. And like I said, there should have been series of discussions that must lead to a proposal.

5 Likes

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 31, 2021
Lilpen3758:
undecided undecided ehhhh??
ehen cool

1 Like

Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:40am On Jul 31, 2021
Una still dey propose for this economy?
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by Goldbw122(m): 10:45am On Jul 31, 2021
Learning
Re: If A Man Proposes To A Lady And She Says No, Is The Relationship Over? by LONGPREEK(m): 10:47am On Jul 31, 2021
No it is under cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Love Hotels: ‘short-time’ Service Becomes Saviour Amid Economic Downturn / Crazy Ways To Spark Up Your Relationship / How My House Maid Ayo Turned To Be My Sex Buddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.