Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,768 members, 7,802,348 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State (31833 Views)

4 Well-known Popular People Who Hide Their Faces And Why They Do It. / Whitemoney Begs BBNaija to Stop Married People From Participating In The Show / Video See The Most Popular People That Were All Over The News In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by dfrost: 3:20pm On Aug 08, 2021
rman:
What about the Belgore’s ?

The Belgores. You know person and people smiley

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by dfrost: 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2021
Daare:

A whole General and former No. 2 man for Nigeria you dey put for notable mention. You need koboko.

I tell you. Koboko made from horse tail.
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by BSsniffer: 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2021
LamidiCownu:

So many ignorant people on Nairaland. Smh
Abdulfatai Ahmed nah Kanuri . Even the present governor is Yoruba .
Smh
Get a book and read

Ogbeni stop deceiving yourself..... Abdulrazaq(the current governor) is from Ubandawaki, ilorin west. I don't know his exact tribe but he's not yoruba.
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by LukasPodolski: 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
BSsniffer:
Pasuma is from Oyo state....and op you forgot to add McOluomo.... he's from kwara also.

State made popular majorly by yoruba people.....yet no Yoruba governor.
firstly, Pasuma is from Oro, an igbomina town in kwara state, he's from the same town with Yinka quadri, Tony tetuila, lai Mohammed...

secondly, Since Democracy all the governors are Yoruba.

1997-2003 --- Muhammed Alabi Lawal, a Yoruba man who tried to install an Oba in Ilorin.

2003-2011 --- Bukola Saraki (though their are lots of rumours surrounding the origin of Bukola) but still, Saraki appears more Yoruba in all his ways of life.

2011-2019 ---- Abdufatah Ahmed ( an igbomina man from Share town, ifelodun local government)

the current governor Abdulrasak is also Yoruba, because they answer Islamic name doesn't mean they are not Yoruba.

where are you guys getting your information from? you need to upgrade your brain and stop disgracing yourself on the internet.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by Darreytinho10(m): 3:27pm On Aug 08, 2021
How about Baba Buhari grin
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by Newton85: 3:28pm On Aug 08, 2021
BSsniffer:
Pasuma is from Oyo state....and op you forgot to add McOluomo.... he's from kwara also.

Pasuma is from Igbomina, he even mentioned it in a particular song saying "Igbonna ni mi." Are Igbomina people from Oyo Satate?

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by BSsniffer: 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2021
Newton85:
Pasuma is from Igbomina, he even mentioned it in a particular song saying "Igbonna ni mi." Are Igbomina people from Oyo Satate?

Sorry....I was mistaking him for the other fuji musician from oyo state.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by Newton85: 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
BSsniffer:

You also claimed that Kwara has had no Yoruba governor, which is a lie. While I don't know the ethnic identity of the current governor Ahmad (he could be one of those Yorubanised Fulanis), late governor Muhammed Lawal was a Yoruba man whose bid to have Obaship in Ilorin was vehemently opposed by the Fulanis. Even the Sarakis hailed from Abeokuta, forget all the lies they've been peddling around about their origin. It's all politics. Or have you seen an Ilorin man give all his kids Yoruba first names like Olusola Saraki gave to Bukola, Gbemisola, and Laolu?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by sultry69(m): 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2021
BSsniffer:

That means you are not well informed,if you reside in Ilorin for a while,you will know much. Just chill.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by Mandesz(m): 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2021
LukasPodolski:
notable mention.

Tony Tetuila (musician)

Moji Makanjuola (The most popular NTA news broadcaster)

Seun Okinbaloye ( Most popular Channel TV presenter)

Sarah Alade (former CBN Governor)

Segun Toriola (most decorated Nigerian table tennis player)

David Abioye (clergy)

Adebayo Salami

madam Saje

Ayinla Kollington (Sikiru Ayinde Barrister rival)

Taiwo Awoniyi

Olushola Saraki

Tunde idiagbon

Taiwo Awoniyi

Dele Awoniyi

I Don tire, dem too plenty.......,.

cc
lalasticlala
mynd44
Dominique
Who's ~dele awoniyi~ ? Or you're trying to mention dele aiyenugba. Dele aiyenugba was born and bred In Ilorin but he's actually from a village called Ogidi, Ijumu local govt area of Kogi state. I know him, his father, and grand father.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by BSsniffer: 3:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
LukasPodolski:

firstly, Pasuma is from Oro, an igbomina town in kwara state, he's from the same town with Yinka quadri, Tony tetuila, lai Mohammed...

1997-2003 --- Muhammed Alabi Lawal, a Yoruba man who tried to install an Oba in Ilorin.

2003-2011 --- Bukola Saraki (though their are lots of rumours surrounding the origin of Bukola) but still, Saraki appears more Yoruba in all his ways of life.

2011-2019 ---- Abdufatah Ahmed ( an igbomina man from Share town, ifelodun local government)

the current governor Abdulrasak is also Yoruba, because they answer Islamic name doesn't mean they are not Yoruba.

where are you guys getting your information from? you need to upgrade your brain and stop disgracing yourself on the internet.

Thanks for the info, I was wrong about pasuma and probably the governors.....but you showed immaturity by resorting to insults, upgrade your manners..... you're low on it.

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by MUMUBBQGRILLS: 3:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
BSsniffer:

Pasuma is from Oro in kwara you can google search
Who said no yoruba governor
Is Abdulfatai an Igbo man?

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by LamidiCownu: 3:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
BSsniffer:

Ogbeni stop deceiving yourself..... Ahmed(the current governor) is from Ubandawaki, ilorin west. I don't know his exact tribe but he's not yoruba.
If his father Folorunsho Abdulrazak is Yoruba ..what do you think the ethnicity of his son is ?

Have you also heard about Cornelius Adebayo and Mohammed Alabi Lawal ??
They were former Yoruba governors of Kwara.
AbdulFatai Ahmed too.

The thing with some of you ignorant folks is that you associate Arabic/Islamic names with Fulani .

You should get proper education and stop infecting the unsuspecting public with your ignorance .

Infact , the only pseudo Fulani that has ruled Kwara is Saraki and according to Folorunsho Abdulrazak ( the father of the current governor), Saraki's forebears migrated to Ilorin from Abeokuta.

It's amusing you couldn't even sniff your own bs grin grin

PS: Kindly edit your misleading post about Kwara being a Yoruba dominated state without a Yoruba governor. Ciao!

11 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by BSsniffer: 3:43pm On Aug 08, 2021
Newton85:
You also claimed that Kwara has had no Yoruba governor, which is a lie. While I don't know the ethnic identity of the current governor Ahmad (he could be one of those Yorubanised Fulanis), late governor Muhammed Lawal was a Yoruba man whose bid to have Obaship in Ilorin was vehemently opposed by the Fulanis. Even the Sarakis hailed from Abeokuta, forget all the lies they've been peddling around about their origin. It's all politics. Or have you seen an Ilorin man give all his kids Yoruba first names like Olusola Saraki gave to Bukola, Gbemisola, and Laolu?

Accepted, I was wrong and made the ignorant generalisation because of their names and lack of knowledge of kwara state politics. Forgive my ignorance.

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ruggedniggaone:
agba awo Oba yahoo
Werey grin
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by Zenithpeak(m): 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2021
LukasPodolski:
(3) Lagbaja: Bisade Ologunde (in Lagos, 1960) is a Nigerian afrobeat musician, singer-songwriter and percussionist. Widely known as Lágbájá for his signature use of mask which covers his identity. He believes in social reform through music.

Lagbaja.... Abisade Ologunde is from Oyo town in Oyo State not Kwara State.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by MUMUBBQGRILLS: 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2021
LukasPodolski:

Bro you are absolutely right
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by BSsniffer: 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2021
LamidiCownu:

If his father Folorunsho Abdulrazak is Yoruba ..what do you think the ethnicity of his son is ?

AbdulFatai Ahmed too.

The thing with some of you ignorant folks is that you associate Arabic/Islamic names with Fulani .

You should get proper education and stop infecting the unsuspecting public with your ignorance .

Infact , the only pseudo Fulani that has ruled Kwara is Saraki and according to Folorunsho Abdulrazak ( the father of the current governor), Saraki's forebears migrated to Ilorin from Abeokuta.

PS: Kindly edit your misleading post about Kwara being a Yoruba dominated state without a Yoruba governor. Ciao!

grin grin
Having a Yoruba first name doesn't necessarily mean that such person is Yoruba.....but it's okay, I've accepted my ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by Gaddafih001(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
debbydams:
smiles u think this man is from kwara abi, kantinue grin
His great grandfather is a Fulani from Mali that trades in Hyde’s and skins in Kano.
He used kwara as his base and eventually ended up there.
They bought land in kwara and had a qauters for his boys.
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by LamidiCownu: 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2021
LukasPodolski:

Thank you oo...

You didn't include Cornelius Adebayo in your list . He was governor briefly in 1983 before the Buhari coup.
Bukola Saraki behaves like a typical Yoruba man sef.
Look at his family.
Nairaland is home to some of the dumbest Nigerians .

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by BSsniffer: 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2021
sultry69:
That means you are not well informed,if you reside in Ilorin for a while,you will know much. Just chill.

Agreed, am not well informed about kwara.
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by odigbosky(m): 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
Bottomofpussy:
People are suffering in dis country ahswear, wetin my eye see for okpanam road yesterday ehhhhh, whenever you are in a position to help please do so.

Were for okpanam road
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by BSsniffer: 3:53pm On Aug 08, 2021
LamidiCownu:

Thank you oo...

You didn't include Cornelius Adebayo in your list . He was governor briefly in 1983 before the Buhari coup.
Bukola Saraki behaves like a typical Yoruba man sef.
Look at his family.
Nairaland is home to some of the dumbest Nigerians

What's dumb and stupid is also making a hasty generalization because of a single ignorant observation from one person....you need to chill out and drink some water, you're overheating.
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by LamidiCownu: 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2021
BSsniffer:

What's dumb and stupid is also making a hasty generalization because of a single ignorant observation from one person....you need to chill out and drink some water, you're overheating.
Oga..why are you triggered about my observation grin cheesy
Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by Occurstaem(m): 3:56pm On Aug 08, 2021
LamidiCownu:

AbdulFatai Ahmed too.

Kudos to you.
I wanted to reply him before I noticed that you have enlightened him.
The emboldened really cracked me up grin

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by Burruchaga71(m): 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
Waiting for Anambarians to state theirs....

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by OJURONGBE1(m): 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2021
LukasPodolski:
notable mention.

Tony Tetuila (musician)

Moji Makanjuola (The most popular NTA news broadcaster)

Seun Okinbaloye ( Most popular Channel TV presenter)

Sarah Alade (former CBN Governor)

Segun Toriola (most decorated Nigerian table tennis player)

David Abioye (clergy)

Adebayo Salami

madam Saje

Ayinla Kollington (Sikiru Ayinde Barrister rival)

Taiwo Awoniyi

Olushola Saraki

Tunde idiagbon

Taiwo Awoniyi

Dele Awoniyi

I Don tire, dem too plenty.......,.

cc
lalasticlala
mynd44
Dominique

So jarus ( Suraj Oyewale), who has shared with many graduates tips, of how to secure good jobs to better their lives is not on this list?
Who the bloody hell is Gabriel Afolayan & Madam Saje?
Spits on your bald head

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by LukasPodolski: 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2021
Mandesz:

Who's ~dele awoniyi~ ? Or you're trying to mention dele aiyenugba. Dele aiyenugba was born and bred In Ilorin but he's actually from a village called Ogidi, Ijumu local govt area of Kogi state. I know him, his father, and grand father.
I meant Dele Ajiboye, the hero of 2007 U-17 world cup, the guy who saved all the three penalties from the Spaniards ...

sadly, he never live up to expectations, look at David De gea today, the Spain Gk.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by JimiJunji: 4:02pm On Aug 08, 2021
BSsniffer:

Accepted, I was wrong and made the ignorant generalisation because of their names and lack of knowledge of kwara state politics. Forgive my ignorance.

grin grin see ya life, bssniffer finally caught on his own BS.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by Misternas89(m): 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2021
Synord:
Synord too cool

Who is also from kwara here ?
From Kwara too. Offa precisely grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by BSsniffer: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2021
JimiJunji:

grin grin see ya life, bssniffer finally caught on his own BS.

grin sorry....they all look alike to me.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Popular People From Kwara State by SarakiBukola: 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2021
Gabriel Afolayan shouldnt have made the Top 10 in my opinion...

More illustrious sons & daughters on your list.

Good honourable mentions.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

E-money Celebrates His Son, Chukwuebuka's 3rd Birthday Today (Photos) / Davido Slays In Denim On Denim Outfit [PICS] / Fan Wants N8M From Alexx Ekubo For His Education In Australia. Alexx Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.