Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE (36495 Views)

Reps To Investigate Alleged Illicit Trade In Human Organs Between Nigeria, China / How Bad Roads & Potholes Serve As Gateways To Kidnappers’ Dens / 3 African Mothers Who Had Sexual Relations With Their Biological Sons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Dubaiguy: 7:36pm On Jul 31, 2021
I am sorry I haven’t created new videos for some time. I have been busy with work and daddy duties lol.

However, the deteriorating relations between Nigeria and UAE prompted me to make this video. It has never been this worse and it keeps getting critical every day. If we don’t address this issue faster, soon, average Nigerians won’t be able to visit UAE, not to mention getting jobs and staying there.

The Nigerians living in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and also other regions of the country would be targeted by the police and Arab citizens.

I have been in living in UAE for several years and I can authoritatively tell you that Nigeria has always been a good ally of UAE right from time. Nigerians come here to invest, buy goods, houses, for vacations etc. It was good business for everybody (We still do though).

We were also highly popular and respected for our football prowess. Ask any average Arab citizen on the road about Nigeria and he/she will mention our legendary footballers like Okocha, Kanu, Amokachi, Rashidi Yekini etc.

How did the problem start by the way? No it’s not the Nigerian government, the issue is largely due to the activities of unscrupulous Nigerians and other Africans in the UAE which has battered our reputation over time. Let’s look at some factors and instances.

2014 Nigerian Armed Robbery
This armed robbery carried out by Five Nigerians at an exchange bank in UAE signified the beginning of the end of Nigerians’ good standing with Dubai.

From my personal experience and research, the 2014 robbery incidence would be the first major armed robbery experience in UAE. The Nigerians carted away millions of dirhams but were caught and prosecuted.

The robbery incidence gained domestic and international exposure, and with it comes damaging problems for the Nigerian image. It was the first time the name Nigeria would start being known for crime in the UAE. It was so grave that around that time, UAE stopped issuing Visas to Nigerians.

Prostitution
Another prevailing issue destroying Nigeria’s image is the high rate of Nigerian ladies into prostitution in the state. We can’t blame these ladies entirely because some of them were trafficked and tricked by conmen who promised them jobs upon arrival.

However, they were met with the harsh realities of selling their bodies before they can even eat. Many also come unprepared and because they couldn’t get jobs and don’t want to face “embarrassment” at home, they go into prostitution.

The most disappointing thing is that they sell their bodies cheaply. When I came here, it was general knowledge that with at least 20 dirhams, you can sleep with African especially Nigerian prostitutes.

It would interest you to know that the first advice I was given by a Nigerian, a popular Nairalander when I landed in Dubai is to go into the prostitution business as a love-vendor. Lol, rent a house, bring girls from Nigeria, ensure they sleep in the house and pay me commission as returns on my investment. Very bad.. More about this in the video.

Public Fighting: Cultists taking their madness overseas, fight in clubs, on the streets etc., you know the drill.

Bad Work Ethics: Nigerians stealing money at work, committing other offences and giving their UAE employees a bad experience. This spoils the chances of other honest and hardworking Nigerians looking for jobs in the country. Now it is not uncommon to find UAE companies publicly stating that Nigerians are not allowed in their companies.

Hushpuppi: Won’t go into much details about this. Everybody heard the news. As it was popular over there in Nigeria, the story of Hushpuppi’s infamous lifestyle and grand arrest is also widely known here. More bad for Nigeria’s image. Tell a UAE citizen that you are from Nigeria and he/she will be like “oh Hushpuppi country.”

Foreigner’s Activities: Because Nigeria is now almost synonymous to crime in UAE, we have had experiences of other African nationals disguising as Nigerian citizens when they commit crimes. Recently there was a robbery incident, it was widely reported to be carried out by Nigerians.

It was later when the police carried out their investigations and caught the thieves that they realized that they were Cameroonians and not Nigerians. There are more cases like this, some of which I have personally experienced.

I don’t want this article to be too long to make it easier and faster to read, so I won’t be able to cover more than this here. However if you want to know more or planning to come to UAE soon, please watch the video. Liking and subscribing on my channel will go a long way too. Thanks.

What can we do to get out of this? Now many Nigerians are in UAE on a three month visa. Because of this prevailing issue, they would never get jobs, they will overstay their visa and most will become illegal.

I made some recommendations for the UAE Government at the end of the video. It will affect lots of people, but those are what I could think of.

The cycle continues and more headache for Nigeria and Nigerians living in Diaspora. What are your solutions?

You can check the source for more information and please don't send me a pm. Rather a comment on the video will be seen and addressed.

Thank you

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHCGaNsGpgE

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by sketcherJ(m): 7:37pm On Jul 31, 2021
Bad Nigerian leaders are destroying our country domestically while bad Nigerians are battering our image on an international and global scale.

We all hope to leave Nigeria before it capsizes but which country will accommodate us if we keep spoiling our reputation over there? For the sake of your Nigerian brother or sister, Be a good ambassador of the country wherever you find yourself.

One bad act from you can put a lot of Nigerians in diaspora in pain. Foreigners don’t care whether its an Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa guy that perpetuates a crime. WE all go in for it. Know this and Know Peace.

255 Likes 18 Shares

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Henrydonland(m): 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2021
It is really bad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Dubaiguy: 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2021
Yes, situation is really bad.....

Disguy, Justwise, Royalroy, lawyer, Freiburger, r231 have u seen this?

3 Likes

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by majamajic(m): 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2021
Am still wondering why cult activities was not mentioned here on this article

Open sex in car parks by Nigeria girls was not mentioned too , it costs 20 dirams (2600 naira) , Pakistans and Indians are big patronizers

70 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by MurderX: 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2021
What do you expect?
Charity begins at home

6 Likes

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Dubaiguy: 9:40pm On Jul 31, 2021
sketcherJ:
Bad Nigerian leaders are destroying our country domestically while bad Nigerians are battering our image on an international and global scale.

We all hope to leave Nigeria before it capsizes but which country will accommodate us if we keep spoiling our reputation over there? For the sake of your Nigerian brother or sister, Be a good ambassador of the country wherever you find yourself.

One bad act from you can put a lot of Nigerians in diaspora in pain. Foreigners don’t care whether its an Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa guy that perpetuates a crime. WE all go in for it. Know this and Know Peace.

Nigerians need orientation before traveling out. It's getting out of hand

15 Likes

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Dubaiguy: 9:40pm On Jul 31, 2021
Henrydonland:
It is really bad

You can say that again

Disguy, Justwise, odumchi, Fulaman198, bigfrancis21
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Dubaiguy: 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2021
MurderX:
What do you expect?
Charity begins at home

Ẹ be like say charity Don die ó,

12 Likes

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Dubaiguy: 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2021
majamajic:
Hmmm

U speechless ni?

1 Like

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by samhay: 3:44am On Aug 01, 2021
Spot on with everything you said, but if you say UAE should start conducting interview like the UK, US, it makes it more difficult and complicated to get visa. Though that sounds like a good idea.

Nigerians and Wàhálà na 5 & 6

Mods come push dis to Jerusalem, make people learn.

Disguy, Justwise, Lalasticlala, Seun

10 Likes

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Suzam: 3:50am On Aug 01, 2021
This 1 wey dem Don stop to dey approve residence visa and deport innocent Nigerians,

Hope our people will learn.

Good job op

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Unsad(m): 4:33am On Aug 01, 2021
Nothing special about Dubai , it's a tourist country but trust Nigerians to ruin everything.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Yankee101: 4:33am On Aug 01, 2021
Not only UAE, virtually all countries

23 Likes

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Timi45: 4:35am On Aug 01, 2021
What Nigerians are doing to their image outside the country is worse that what bad leaders have done. You have an opportunity to leave this country, why not relax and go about your normal business

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Authoreety: 4:36am On Aug 01, 2021
Nigerians are the problem of nigeria

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Pickieox(m): 4:36am On Aug 01, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by visit0r: 4:37am On Aug 01, 2021
I think the UAE visa is too easy to get. You see some guys on the road and ask yourself how did this fellow get a visa?

Anyone with a kobo gets a visa. While some are there to hustle, some do not even know why they are there. I follow a group
of girls on snapchat and omg, If you see the kind of money these girls display on daily basis, glorifying their hookup business.
It is highly lugubrious that every Nigerian is now a criminal. I wish people had to be interviewed to get a UAE visa.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Tony3245(m): 4:37am On Aug 01, 2021
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Bar1941(m): 4:45am On Aug 01, 2021
Sincerely their is something devilish and diabolical about the name Nigeria, Lord Frederick Lugard should tell us where he and his olosho madam got the name from and safe us the craps River Naija Area bla bla bla...

Most of the problems still center around the kind of government we have and our over worship of money and material things syndromes. If the government provides an enabling environment in every capacity, three-quarter of people that are desperate to leave the jungle called Nigeria will stay back. Current happenings in Tokyo Olympics where over half of our athletes were banned due to government incompetence is a true reflection of how bad we are as a country.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by chimpanzee4: 4:46am On Aug 01, 2021
We are not the scam capital of the world for no reason.
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by BSdetector: 4:48am On Aug 01, 2021
They should simply make the process harder.

1 Like

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 4:50am On Aug 01, 2021
Omo na world wide o no be only Dubai and I don't think it's getting better anytime soon

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by GIANTPLUSHUB: 4:52am On Aug 01, 2021
It's the same situation in most other countries. We Buy/ship From India/USA/China. What my eye have seen from most India sellers, they won't reply your message once they see you are Nigeria and I got into talk with one and it's a sad tale which was why they don't respond most times. We really need to do alot to fix our battered reputation!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by kramer: 4:52am On Aug 01, 2021
The funny thing is that it's mostly Yoruba or Igbo ppl soiling Nigeria's name abroad, you'll hardly see any news where a northerner was arrested for smuggling drugs, prostitution or fraud. Abi I lie?

81 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Ratty404(m): 4:53am On Aug 01, 2021
Really it a big Shame ,Any time you go to Police station you always see crowd of prostitute and alcohol sellers which are your Nigerian...You can imagine Nigerian Olosho now advertise prostitution on Tiktok...

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by DOTian: 4:56am On Aug 01, 2021
It's the same in most Asian countries, especially with cult related crimes! Got a call from a former classmate in the uni over here who told me that some cult guys are threatening his life and I should help! I couldn't wrap my big head around it! Cult guys? Thousands of miles outside Nigeria? How can they hold you to ransome when all you need do is to place a call to the Police? How can someone leave Nigeria to be doing this here!? Apparently these cult guys have a well oiled and very lucrative network across countries. They're massively involved in 419, drugs and prostitution.

So they have well established heirachies and they have ex members in different top positions in the police and judiciary back in Nigeria. Their abilities to help members progress illicitly and to provide protection and information when needed also helps to solidify the command and control structure both within and outside Nigeria. Don't want to get into the prostitution stuff. In Asia, Nigerian university gals are recruited from IG and others for quick money in Dubai, Doha and Kuala Lumpur.. Some of these gals drive all these cheap japanese in Nigerian university campuses but if you're told what they do over here....

Do you guys know that in Benin, some banks actually give out loans to ladies going outside the country for prostitution? They camouflage the whole thing by calling it "Agricultural loans!" ...
This country is comprehensively fukced up!

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by EagleNest(m): 4:56am On Aug 01, 2021
Our value system has deteriorated so badly and our environment breeds relatively uncivilised citizens... that's why even an SA to a governor would still indulge in criminal activity outside Nigeria shore, and you ask yourself what does he really want? Greed no go kill us.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by EKONGKING: 4:59am On Aug 01, 2021
Nigerians are the most hated black nation in whole world.

14 Likes

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Arry110(m): 5:00am On Aug 01, 2021
I know say this country don spoil the day I spoke against yahoo on my status and everyone attacked me
We’ve normalized things that a morally wrong and we’re taking those same mentalities to sane countries

91 Likes 9 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Men Drug & Rape 8-Year-Old Girl To Coma In Rivers State (Photos) / 27-year-old South African Woman Shot Dead By Her Boyfriend Of One Week / 16-Year-Old Boy Breaks Into A Shop, Steals Laptop, Phones & Panties In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.