Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) (45213 Views)

Unpaid Polytechnic Lecturer Becomes A Bus Conductor In PH, Rivers State (Video) / Auchi Polytechnic Lecturer Injures Female Student, Flees (Photos) / Osun State Polytechnic Lecturer Attends To Only One Student Who Paid School Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by greatestunclebe: 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2021
Two National Diploma students of the Computer Science department, Federal Polytechnic Oko, Anambra State were surprised with an envelope of N10, 000 by their project supervisor, Otuu Obinna Ogbonnia at the project defense ground on 31st of July, 2021.

The students, Onuoraha Ikechukwu Emmanuel and Azodo Chukwunonye Stella, designed a Motion Detection System for home use. A device which blares an alarm when an intruder enters the home or office. It also has an SMS module which is used to signal the owner of the house by SMS, that there is an intruder.

This astonishing and epoch making fit, especially in a National Diploma project level, propelled the supervisor to award the supervisees not just by grade, but financially as to activate the seriousness of other students.

His words “I am so elated at their achievement at this level. Actually, when they brought this topic for approval, I almost changed it thinking it was too advanced for them. However, they insisted and gave me reasons why they will deliver the device on or before defense day. Surprisingly, they did as assured. I gave them both academic and parental guidance during the process, but never knew the device would perform perfectly as it did today. If I had more than the content of this envelope, I would have given to them for applauds and to propel other students to do better next year. I shall also deliver this job to the Innovation driven Rector, Dr Nwafulugo Francisca U. who has a dogged passion for novelties as this".

At the award giving scene, the Head of Department, Dr.Mrs Ezeasomba Irene who was joyous with the achievement of the duo, encouraged the students to step up their game in adding more features to the device, as such can be used as projects in Higher Academic Programmes and can be given patent for future income. The Project Coordinator, Dr. Nwachukwu Nwosu who flanked the HOD, also couldn’t hide his goodwill for the project team. He encouraged them to do more microcontroller jobs and advised that they should add machine learning modules, as to detect varying degrees of objects around homes, offices and industries. The device was mounted on the top edge of the entrance to the defense hall, as exemplified by the attached picture (white box on top of the supervisors head in the image).
CONGRATS TO THE DUO!

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Offorgerald15(m): 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2021
Very encouraging

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by beeblack: 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2021
Good movement.

This is a sign of good leader unlike wicked supervisors that will frustrate students during project. There are some lecturers that make students crying while writing project

132 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by skyman200(m): 5:38am On Aug 01, 2021
Good

1 Like

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Randy100: 6:14am On Aug 01, 2021
They are all doing well.

3 Likes

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 01, 2021
Great. Better than BBNija.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by caye(m): 9:14am On Aug 01, 2021
₦10,000?
O gaa óò.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by redartmooon: 10:51am On Aug 01, 2021
Motion Detect System from a National Diploma student is a nice one.
Is this not the Polytechnic school system some low intellects life were insulting, ask a university computer science final year student to tell you the stages of software development and they begin to tell you gibberish.
I once knew an ND computer science graduate who was 4 times better than the lecturer in a typical University, at must ND level he headed a multimillion software dev project.
Truly skilled.

So I tell you all disease from saying University is better than Polytechnic or College of Education.

Its all depends depends on what is taught at that respective institution, the intellect of the student, and the understanding of the lecturers.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Rcxmade: 2:27pm On Aug 01, 2021
Ok

. Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by SonyaSpence: 2:27pm On Aug 01, 2021
nice
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Nuelito: 2:27pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nice one...very commendable

That's what we worked on some weeks back.

Watch the video below and see how A motion Sensing Device or Alarm looks like..

If you have any question...feel free to drop it on the YouTube comment section...I will do justice to it.

Don't forget to Subscribe to the YouTube channel....I will post more mechanical devices that we produced recently... Thanks and Stay Blessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsuYkV_CzjU

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by patriotic007: 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
Allowed
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
Where my own share dey?? cheesy
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by FalseProphet1(m): 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
That lecturer is having an affair with the girl, but in order no to arouse suspicion, he gifted the guy 10k also, when he and the girl go to their usual meeting place, he'll double her money.

This I have seen.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
redartmooon:

So I tell you all disease from saying University is better than Polytechnic or College of Education.

Its all depends depends on what is taught at that respective institution, the intellect of the student, and the understanding of the lecturers.
No be only disease, na infection. grin

Desist is the correct word.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Elock1: 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2021
angry
UAR who do una this thing.

After the 10k the young lady may go back into becoming a blogger, cream seller or one high class olosho because NO JOB

Thats what you get in a nation without structure.

4 Likes

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by mbak(m): 2:29pm On Aug 01, 2021
nice gesture , he will for everly be remembered by the students

1 Like

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Kingpele(m): 2:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
U tried, u are better than some wizards that call themselves lecturers in our time in university....

1 Like

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Raxxye(m): 2:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
Cool!
But I hope the students did the projects themselves. Because a lot of such projects are contracted out by the students to some technical men who do the design, testing, circuit design and and everything else. All the students do is go to defence hall and explain how it works!

3 Likes

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by NaijaCover(m): 2:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
Money Is Good
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by ThatFairGuy1: 2:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
This is great
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Zenzu01(m): 2:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
BBNAIJA comes to mind...
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by CallyXO: 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2021
grin
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by aapaul01(m): 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2021
Can someone please help with Twitter Proxy... The one pasted here has been blocked...

Thanks
Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by 900warriorz: 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2021
Na these kind lecturers person dey pray for...no be all this 77 pages assignment in 2 days lecturer cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by KingTom(m): 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2021
Activist001:

No be only disease, na infection. grin
He ended up making a fool of himself grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by Lonelyhrt1(m): 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2021
redartmooon:
Is this not the Polytechnic school system some low intellects life were insulting, ask a university computer science final year student to tell you the stages of software development and they begin to tell you gibberish.
I once knew an ND computer science graduate who was 4 times better than the lecturer in a typical University, at must ND level he headed a multimillion software dev project.
Truly skilled.

If you should check sch ranking (higher institutions) in the world, there are about four to five Colleges among the top ten.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oko Polytechnic Lecturer Gifts His Best Project Students N10,000 (Photo) by ClintonNzedimma(m): 2:33pm On Aug 01, 2021
redartmooon:
Truly skilled.

Nice points but correct your statement.
University CSC curriculum is broader than a poly’s own

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is The New Minister Of Education In Nigeria: Urgent Answer Needed Pls / OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / I Caught A Co-Teacher Eating From A Pupil's Lunchbox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.