Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today (30001 Views)

Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 44th Birthday Today / Michael Olowokandi Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today / Jay-jay Okocha Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by lalasticlala(m): 8:16am On Aug 01, 2021
Nwankwo Kanu Turns 45 Today!

Nwankwo Kanu OON (born 1 August 1976) is a Nigerian former professional footballer who played as a forward. He was a member of the Nigeria national team, and played for Nigerian team Iwuanyanwu Nationale, Dutch side Ajax, Inter Milan of Italy, and English clubs Arsenal, West Bromwich Albion and Portsmouth.

Kanu won a UEFA Champions League medal, a UEFA Cup medal, three FA Cup medals and two African Player of the Year awards amongst others. He is one of few players to have won the Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League, UEFA Cup and an Olympic Gold Medal.[6] He made the third-most substitute appearances in Premier League history, appearing from the bench 118 times, and is regarded as one of the best players in African football history.

He is also a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, and African brand ambassador for digital TV operator StarTimes. He is also the owner of Kanu Sports TV, an Internet sports television company.

Personal life

Kanu is a native of Abia State, southeast Nigeria, and a member of the Aro sub-group of the Igbo ethnic group.

Kanu's younger brother, Christopher, was also a footballer, who played as a defender; he also has another younger brother, Ogbonna.

Kanu was born with a congenital heart defect, which impeded his aortic valve from closing properly; it was discovered and operated on in 1996. Although it was feared that he would not play again, and that it would affect his career, he made a full recovery. He undergoes an annual medical check-up for the condition. In March 2014, he successfully underwent corrective heart surgery once again, in the United States.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nwankwo_Kanu

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by Legendrysailor(m): 8:17am On Aug 01, 2021
Hell yeah !!!!

Papilo I know say one day u go make us proud. Happy birthday legend. One of d greatest in d round leather game.

154 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by sakalisis(m): 8:17am On Aug 01, 2021
Happy Birthday KK

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by ignis: 8:17am On Aug 01, 2021
Happy Birthday Kanu Nwankwo... The selfless and philanthropist footballer...

IGBO AMAKA

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by Jaysleeves(m): 8:17am On Aug 01, 2021
Legend , tuale but this your Age shall ... anyways who am I to judge atleast ur own better compared to that old man Christain obodo wey still dey claim 36yrs grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by phransix2: 8:18am On Aug 01, 2021
Happy Birthday Papilo
Thank you for Atlanta '96... The only moment I was ever proud to be a Nigerian!

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by Unsad(m): 8:18am On Aug 01, 2021
Happy birthday K!

Legendary.

Still buying coins at sweet rate with fast pay.

Tap in

Contact on Sig.

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by Judolisco(m): 8:18am On Aug 01, 2021
Happy birthday baller... Most of us wey see u play dey privileged... More grace

6 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:18am On Aug 01, 2021
Modify :
From all of us @[/b] Happy Birthday Papilo.

Thanks for making our nation proud and always lifting her up.
Shame to the enemies of Nigeria

Papilo, correct igbo man like dem [b]MANNA
and all other true igbos that love our country to the moon and back.
May evil people never spoil and degrade our names in this world.
Like some people answering Judas and lucifer (the cursed names!)

God bless Papilo, wherever he is at this point in time.
God bless Nigeria.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by cassidy1996(m): 8:18am On Aug 01, 2021
Happy birthday!
Gunners for life...........

4 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by Eriokanmi: 8:18am On Aug 01, 2021
Happy birthday papillo. Broda wey don pass 50 yehz tey-tey. Na football age be dat oo.

5 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by Heroesworths(m): 8:18am On Aug 01, 2021
Happy birthday
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by Gamer999: 8:18am On Aug 01, 2021
Happy birthday to a legend. Lalasticlala when are you going to celebrate your own birthday,? I have a gift for you
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by cescky(m): 8:18am On Aug 01, 2021
grin

Happy Birthday papilo..

God de this man back.. Heart problem fixed..

From unknown village to super star global..

You can see hes a sweet human being, even the wife god gave him, looks sweet and perfectly fit for a sweet man..

I onced worked with a British guy from portsmorth.. Kanu is small god to them.. We also know hes one of arsenals greatest..

45 grin? Lets leave it at that biko.. Happy birthday Gods favored

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by ILoveDemMANNA: 8:18am On Aug 01, 2021
Happy Birthday my birthmate.
Another Birthday mate is Agbani Darego.
Na man and woman una be for dis country. God punish devil and evil people , that is, his evil children.

Happy Birthday to me.
My mentor and role model dem MANNA, today is my day o.
I want some Barbecue please.
I don't want NL likes o, na Barbecue I want cheesy
I have been dreaming about MANNA Barbecue for a long time now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by samwillyco1(m): 8:19am On Aug 01, 2021
Happy Birthday the Legend
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by HEAVEN4444: 8:19am On Aug 01, 2021
this nigga at least 70 years old

7 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by Sunkyapogee(m): 8:19am On Aug 01, 2021
Better than okocha that won nothing
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by Bedtec: 8:19am On Aug 01, 2021
This vulture seller here that has been raining curses on Papilo that later modified to say it's his birthday , you won't live to celebrate another birthday , this your birth year is your death year, for accusing Papilo of murder , hardship will kill you ... E no go better for you

3 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by greenie77: 8:19am On Aug 01, 2021
Uncle KANU is 45! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by Idzitari1(m): 8:19am On Aug 01, 2021
You mean 54 years? HBD grand pa

3 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by temitope27(m): 8:19am On Aug 01, 2021
Kanu is 55, any other kanu is a counterfeit

5 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by bewla(m): 8:19am On Aug 01, 2021
Ok Bros welcome to the club
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by YoungLionken(m): 8:19am On Aug 01, 2021
I celebrate you football legend! Congratulations will never cease from you!!

I still remember Nwankwo and his penalty days cool..

The only Kanu that I know cool cool...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by Justdare: 8:19am On Aug 01, 2021
Haaaaaaaaaa!!
Blood of God!!!
Kanu, 45 years??
If that is true then I must be in the womb.

2 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by wunmi590(m): 8:19am On Aug 01, 2021
cool

1 Like

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:20am On Aug 01, 2021
Happy birthday Papilo. One of Nigeria's finest football maestro
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by Bamzyriches451: 8:20am On Aug 01, 2021
Happy birthday legend
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by teadrake(m): 8:20am On Aug 01, 2021
"Papillo, I know one day you'll make us proud".
You already did. Happy birthday Legend!!!

4 Likes

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today by daddytime(m): 8:20am On Aug 01, 2021
post=104303383:
The same dungeon he is today is where he will celebrate his 55th.
Animal

Lol

You didn't even read the body post at all.

Haba

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? / Senegaleses Celebrate Wining AFCON In The Streets Of Harlem, New York(video) / Nigeria Vs France: Who Is Your Man Of The Match?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.