Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,603 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) (67404 Views)

Help! I Got Bitten By A Local Dog / Man Dies After He Was Bitten By A Snake 'Sent' By An Unknown Person (Photos) / Young Girl Lands In A Hospital After Being Bitten By A Venomous Snake. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by nwabuwa: 3:32am On Aug 02, 2021
Nothing bite the Op, the guy wan catch cruise
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Jimmyubah2: 3:51am On Aug 02, 2021
josh123:
They say something must kill a man, na oversabi go kill u last last
It's las las not last last.
Thank you.
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by flamingREED(m): 3:56am On Aug 02, 2021
Those mentioning the black mamba Sha.
Its bite would have long killed the Op.
All the same, venomous snakes don't always inject you with a venom when they bite you. At times, they execute dry bites.
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Jimmyubah2: 3:57am On Aug 02, 2021
nwabuwa:
Nothing bite the Op, the guy wan catch cruise
No be lie.
Him for show us the video or pictures of the bite.

1 Like

Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by jy2kbeyond(m): 5:21am On Aug 02, 2021
yanabasee1:
I can easily face a lion and have guts to fight it.... But no matter how mall a snake is... my guts are buried and being scared becomes a thing...

Wow...I thought it's me alone. E be like say we plenty o.

grin grin grin grin
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Patented: 5:33am On Aug 02, 2021
patani:

But baos are not venomous snakes.....

Yes and according to OP the non venomous snakes have round pupils, but I just showed that this is not the case cos Boa's have slit pupils. The shape of the pupil depends on the light conditions I think. Just like a cat's eyes
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Ofadaman(m): 5:36am On Aug 02, 2021
etrange:

Wow... I didn't know this. Did you say "develop"? How? Any link to support this, please?

To me, this sounds like saying a man could start secreting milk by continuously applying make-up or that human beings could develop the four stomach compartment of ruminant animals after eating legumes for a while. Venomous snakes have glands that produce these venomous. They have body systems that enable the transportation of the venom. It's a bit hard to believe these things can just appear after eating toads.

Hey, you talk too much ,here is a study from national geography.

Not everything works at gene level some are already built into the species, but their diet doesn't allow them develop it. We are all product of evolution.

Like I said, if you don't show us the bite wounds, I do not believe you, you're only driving attention to brag about how much you know about snakes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/science/article/the-snake-that-eats-toads-to-steal-their-poison
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by staphcures: 6:32am On Aug 02, 2021
Lanretoye:
So what should we do now,should we fry cake?
. Been a Kid is not about Age ... Its in the Heart ... Hope U grow up .
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by DaRuud(m): 6:33am On Aug 02, 2021
dontbothermuch:

It doesn't, I was bitten 8am. And I am just fine. It's bite isn't even painful

Since it is not Painful then go and stand in front of Anaconda
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Invitationn: 6:49am On Aug 02, 2021
dontbothermuch:
I intentionally picked up this snake after seeing it's belly pattern. It bit me, but it was just a bite. I mean with teeth not fang. I was initially scared, but I knew it wasn't venomous.
Typical example of a non venomous snake. Checkout it's eyes. Next pics
Zoom the first pic to checkout it's belly pattern

More details of non venomous snakes with pic below
You're probably right on this one, however, I don't think venomous and non-venomous snakes can be identified by your 2-in-1 image above.
E.g Ball Pythons are popular non-venomous pet snakes and they violate your theory or whoever's theory it is.
Their pupils are elliptical with several pits.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Warlord2014(m): 7:45am On Aug 02, 2021
Venomous or nonvenomous... Go to clinic for treatment,
Nonvenomous snake bite can still harm, by making the bitten area to rot
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by dontbothermuch: 8:03am On Aug 02, 2021
For those asking for the bite mark. It didn't penetrate hard into skin as fangs will. To my surprise the redness disappeared.

Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Lanretoye(m): 8:09am On Aug 02, 2021
staphcures:
. Been a Kid is not about Age ... Its in the Heart ... Hope U grow up .
okay sir,but i think you should pray if you ever live up to my age.
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 02, 2021
Patented:
Oga no go mislead people. A Google search of pythons and the boa constrictor reveals that they have slit eyes too.

See image of a boa's eyes and the link on which it was found

https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/animals-and-nature/reptiles/boas/

Are pythons and Boa constrictors venomous?
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by yeman1(m): 8:33am On Aug 02, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
chatinent:
Bad day for the non-venomous, then. I can't let any test-run my leg, I'll dismember its head.
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Aadewolu247: 9:14am On Aug 02, 2021
Few years back a secondary school boy was bitten by a snake on Friday he didn’t tell anybody when he got home because the pain wasn’t much, to our surprise the boy died on Sunday when the whole blood had already turn to black.
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by djoe21(m): 9:47am On Aug 02, 2021
yanabasee1:
I can easily face a lion and have guts to fight it.... But no matter how mall a snake is... my guts are buried and being scared becomes a thing...

You cannot easily face a lion and have guts to fight it bro even in your exaggeration.
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by jeff1607(m): 10:08am On Aug 02, 2021
dontbothermuch:

I am well o. Not everyone can celebrate 2hrs after being bitten by a snake. The same google reassured me it isn't venomous, when waiting for an anti venom at one local hospital.

What's the name of the snake that bit you please?
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by space9880: 10:34am On Aug 02, 2021
yanabasee1:
liar. You don't even have the guts to face my dog I'll bet any amount on it.

1 Like

Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by irony: 10:35am On Aug 02, 2021
What are the first aid treatments needed in this situation and is there any local remedy to snake bites? These are the things I want to hear please.
Reply if you have answers to the queries I have outlined.
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Nyenatetan(m): 10:37am On Aug 02, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

What was the bite experience like

Was it painful

I take God beg you, next time no deliberately pick snake up ooooo

If God dey protect you, you self be careful!!!

angry angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Patented: 11:25am On Aug 02, 2021
no they are not, hence debunking the claim that non venonomous snakes have round eyes.
Meninmen:

Are pythons and Boa constrictors venomous?
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by nicho450(m): 11:27am On Aug 02, 2021
dontbothermuch:
For those asking for the bite mark. It didn't penetrate hard into skin as fangs will. To my surprise the redness disappeared.

OP is alive!!!!!!!
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by adebayo987: 11:35am On Aug 02, 2021
dontbothermuch:

It doesn't, I was bitten 8am. And I am just fine. It's bite isn't even painful
Hahahahahahahaha! Wait to appear on Fox News
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by teemy(m): 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2021
dontbothermuch:

Zoom & look towards the tail

You're right. I didn't see the words tail in the picture before you pointed this out. Thanks
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by smartNerd: 1:41pm On Aug 02, 2021
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a
product of my decisions. -- Stephen Covey

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13900158_dearpastthank_jpeg_jpegdb11b56dcd31f27e7abf4625978d6c01
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Fxwarrior: 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2021
dontbothermuch:
I intentionally picked up this snake after seeing it's belly pattern. It bit me, but it was just a bite. I mean with teeth not fang. I was initially scared, but I knew it wasn't venomous.
Typical example of a non venomous snake. Checkout it's eyes. Next pics
Zoom the first pic to checkout it's belly pattern

More details of non venomous snakes with pic below

Hmm. Don't try this at home. Op you took a risky move.
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2021
Patented:
no they are not, hence debunking the claim that non venonomous snakes have round eyes.

Okay. Understand you now
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by ithink7: 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2021
dontbothermuch:

You're still alive. Thank God.
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by dontbothermuch: 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2021
ithink7:

You're still alive. Thank God.

Yea, thank God

1 Like

Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by dontbothermuch: 5:53pm On Aug 02, 2021
Fxwarrior:

Hmm. Don't try this at home. Op you took a risky move.

I know, but now I now know the specie I'm dealing with
Re: I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) by nob0dy: 5:54pm On Aug 02, 2021
OP are you dead yet?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) / Guys Please What Kind Of Growth Is This?! / How To Get Clear White Eyes Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.