Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record (32606 Views)

Tobi Amusan Wins 100m Hurdles At Silesia Diamond League, Sets New Record (Pics) / Tobi Amusan Wins 100m Hurdles At ISTAF 2022 Berlin / Tokyo2020: Tobi Amusan Wins 100m Hurdles Heat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Ishilove: 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2021
DelphiOracle:
even the scraps wey them take do the real medals we never see.
Lol
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Ykc2(m): 4:43pm On Aug 01, 2021
vincentjk:
Even she herself couldn't believe it, I give it to the Jamaicans for the strength and agility which they exhibited so far in the race.

But kenyas are still the baba for running, my uncle once told me how they chased lions and other wild animals miles away from their residence on barefoot.
fulani wey dey waka from bornu to anambra state where dem dey ?na only to kill people dem know
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 01, 2021
Ishilove:

Even the football sef, are we excelling?

Not very well and why that happens is in itself a long story

For now

1.We don't have an idea of how to bring up our youth players or how to change the way we do so (Belgium is better than they were 20 years ago because they changed the way their children learned how to play football)

2.Our football has very little money in it. (Before chopping)

3.Football is a game everyone and his brother plays. The opportunities to do well are very very limited.

4.Bad structure, nepotism, age cheating, etc....
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by lexy2014: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2021
SimplePlan34:
Is usain bolt retired?

No. His career just started

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by vincentjk(m): 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2021
Ykc2:
fulani wey dey waka from bornu to anambra state where dem dey ?na only to kill people dem know

Fulani sabi sport? Nop they don't.

Na for Nigerian government house dem get name that's all.
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by paulolee(m): 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2021
observanc1:
forget village peoe, this one na town people handwork
no b liee

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by abah001: 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2021
If you want to know civilize and non civilize countries is @Olympic. Civilize always take Gold medals home. Non civilize struggle to take silver or bronse and at the end will not take anything home

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by lexy2014: 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2021
fergie0o1:
[b]First Italian Gold in the Olympics 100m Event
Set a new European record in the 100m event

Italian ko, bongonese ni. Let Paolo, Francesco or Luigi come and run 100m and win then I will agree that Italian won 100m gold

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by lexy2014: 4:57pm On Aug 01, 2021
Awoo88:
Wait oo, Jamaica dey develop pass Nigeria? Wetin make dem dey run pass us

A robust athletics youth programme that has served as a conveyor belt churning out some of d best track athletes d world has ever seen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by INCREDIBLE007(m): 4:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
chai

ADEGOKE O

muscle pull

guys
make una learn spiritual warfare o
village people aren't smiling
at all
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by McOluOmo: 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2021
TechNana:

Girls with boyfriends have pueace of mind too.

yeah! Cuz they are milking....

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind.

Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2021
abah001:
If you want to know civilize and non civilize countries is @Olympic. Civilize always take Gold medals home. Non civilize struggle to take silver or bronse and at the end will not take anything home

No, countries that are willing to pay the money to get the expertise needed, to get more people interested in a variety of sports, and in investing in a competitive structure that goes from cradle to grave win more medals than those who don't.

And even then, it does not guarantee medal success. Switzerland had two women in the 100m women's final yesterday, and they did not win a medal. At the end of the day, the medals are won by who wants it more. Regardless of country.

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by techWriter1: 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2021
town folks oooo...pim followup dewan target Tokyo? or na 6hmw pim misuse?
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Moneyline(m): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2021
angry
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Ilamina(f): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2021
Shame on the black men

Allowing that white boy win, track events belongs to black people especially 100 and 200m
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by nijanigga: 5:14pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nigeria is coming home empty handed, some baija athletes will claim asylum or abscound for fear of retribution at home .
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Joetttimua1811(m): 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2021
Congrats
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Mustiboy(m): 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2021
These girls are supposed to be females.

Ko buru.
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Eriokanmi: 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nbotee:
A Nigerian made it to the 100m final for the first time but had a disappointing race. He's d second Nigerian Athlete to have muscle pull while racing
O said it...of not for the muscle pull, he would either have won gold or silver. He had a very good beginning, even defeating the world champions in the prelims. Good luck to him next time. E pain me oo
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by TechNana(f): 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2021
McOluOmo:

yeah! Cuz they are milking....

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind.

Modified, I meant girls without boyfriends
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by btoks: 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2021
Awoo88:
Wait oo, Jamaica dey develop pass Nigeria? Wetin make dem dey run pass us
Regarding development, Jamaica's GDP per capita is about twice Nigeria's figure. So they're a lot more per person even though it's a small country of under 3M.

They've obviously focussed their energies on the sprints and there is a long track record of success for them in that area.

Perhaps Nigeria should do the same.

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by McOluOmo: 5:36pm On Aug 01, 2021
TechNana:

Modified, I meant girls without boyfriends
How can they have peace of mind?
Babe! Na bad market be that oo'

Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2021
btoks:

Regarding development, Jamaica's GDP per capita is about twice Nigeria's figure. So they're a lot more per person even though it's a small country of under 3M.

They've obviously focussed their energies on the sprints and there is a long track record of success for them in that area.

Perhaps Nigeria should do the same.

Many people have said the same...and most African countries do that (focus their energy on a few sports)

The downside is, you end up excluding and underfunding those who want to do other sports apart from the main government focused sport. Julius Yego of Kenya was one of the great javelinists of the last ten years. And he virtually trained himself (his nickname is Youtube Yego because he learned his javelin basics from youtube videos)..because Kenya has no money for field athletes.

Jamaica is doing well in the sprints...but at the end of the day, not everyone wants to be a sprinter.(Jamaica does have a few good field athletes; a Jamaican made it to the discus event at this olympics for example.)
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Exponential101: 5:55pm On Aug 01, 2021
vincentjk:
Even she herself couldn't believe it, I give it to the Jamaicans for the strength and agility which they exhibited so far in the race.

But kenyas are still the baba for running, my uncle once told me how they chased lions and other wild animals miles away from their residence on barefoot.

Your uncle no fit die well.
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by vatsa101(m): 5:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
Which kind bad luck be this ...if they no disqualified us, injury go harmer us, I was really hoping for that guy (100m)..Abba wetin be dis na .... sad sad sad
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Chukwudi4naija(m): 5:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
I rooted the Nigerian guy to win, having ran 9.58 in race before the final's. Such a pity.
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by vincentjk(m): 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2021
Exponential101:

Your uncle no fit die well.

Why say so?
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Bashirkareem31: 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2021
seborrhic:

Big lie.
Nigerians have been making it to d finals before.
Just haven't been able to win a 100m medal.
first male finalists since 1996(25 years ago)
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 01, 2021
See as their toto kpuff cheesy grin grin
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by juman(m): 6:46pm On Aug 01, 2021
Congrats to him and italy.

You see why trump said italy rigged american election through the use of satellite.
Italy used satellite to win the race.

grin grin grin

Most of american politicians are plain stupid.
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by Maski87: 6:54pm On Aug 01, 2021
I see performance enhancing drugs here o
Re: Tokyo2020: Marcell Jacobs Wins 100m Final, Thompson-Herah Sets New Record by btoks: 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2021
Beancounter94:

Many people have said the same...and most African countries do that (focus their energy on a few sports)

The downside is, you end up excluding and underfunding those who want to do other sports apart from the main government focused sport. Julius Yego of Kenya was one of the great javelinists of the last ten years. And he virtually trained himself (his nickname is Youtube Yego because he learned his javelin basics from youtube videos)..because Kenya has no money for field athletes.

Jamaica is doing well in the sprints...but at the end of the day, not everyone wants to be a sprinter.(Jamaica does have a few good field athletes; a Jamaican made it to the discus event at this olympics for example.)
I get it. Although in terms of elite level competition, I suppose it's best to focus on 1 or 2 areas first; get really good at these then with better budgets cover others sports as well.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Being Undervalued Because I'm A Nigerian- Dozy Mmuobosi Cries Over Sheffield / World Cup 2018: Fixtures For Knockout Games And Kick-off Times / Super Eagles Stars Send Christmas Wishes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.