Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,666 members, 7,801,921 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada (40564 Views)

Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos / Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode / "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 2:50am On May 16, 2011
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by DisGuy: 4:52am On May 16, 2011
Nice

Seems theres more space for standing than sitting, it looks pretty wide like the American subway, I just hope they paint it
the NY subway looks lipsrsealed
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by dayokanu(m): 5:25am On May 16, 2011
I am actually scared that come 2015, fashola would have to leave the governorship seat

1 Like

Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by DisGuy: 5:29am On May 16, 2011
^^^ a slap on the face of 18million people in Lagos state or His own personal first 11
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by jensinmi(m): 6:33am On May 16, 2011
dayokanu:

I am actually scared that come 2015, fashola would have to leave the governorship seat

Don't worry sir. I'm sure Bola Tinubu will find somebody capable to replace him. grin grin grin

SENATOR REMI TINUBU FOR GOVERNOR IN 2015  grin grin grin grin

May God have mercy on us all.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EkoIle1: 6:41am On May 16, 2011
More pics,

Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by stormm: 8:33am On May 16, 2011
Is BRF never tired of all these PR stunts? Elections are over and he sure needs to get going. The rains are here and the roads are getting worse, the traffic lights are not working, so many things need urgent attention and he still has time to be checking coaches undergoing fabrication. Na wa o
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Gbawe: 8:47am On May 16, 2011
stormm:

Is BRF never tired of all these PR stunts? Elections are over and he sure needs to get going. The rains are here and the roads are getting worse, the traffic lights are not working, so many things need urgent attention and he still has time to be checking coaches undergoing fabrication. Na wa o

What PR stunt? The man has gotten another 4 years (the maximum entitlement) to lead lagos. Who does he need to impress with "PR stunts" ? This is a scheduled inspection of the trains being sourced for the planned light rail in Lagos. If you have other things on your mind then go to the Lagos website and send an email.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by dustydee: 9:43am On May 16, 2011
Big up to Lagos state. Hope others are not just watching but learning too.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by mogentle(m): 11:54am On May 16, 2011
stormm:

Is it compulsory to comment?
While some are still battling with zoning nonsense, a re-elected gov swung into action by checking a product to be procured for a world class project that your federal govt cannot think of & you think the best thing u can do is to critisize, the likes of GEJ fits your type 'cos you are a CHIEF PESSIMIST.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by OmoTier1(m): 11:59am On May 16, 2011
if only someone can show me on the spot visits (like what fashola is doing) of our ministers at least going to inspect equipments they are always bring to this country to make sure they meet technical specification and standards. What we always see with FG project is misfit equipments all over the country.It would have help prevent the GE turbine saga in which turbines bought with millions of dollars were laying waste at the sea ports 'cos no available crane in the country to toll them to site. Visual inspection would have help to raise questions like , oh how do we intend to transport these to the sites!
Kudos to fashola for making sure lagos state tax payers money are spent judiciously on quality unlike our president that keep giving spending money yet he barely sees with his eyes what he is paying for.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by HamidO1(m): 12:12pm On May 16, 2011
stormm:

All he's doing is trying to make life better for the average Lagosian. Without other viable means of transportation like rail to compliment the existing roads, things will remain the same. BTW, there is a commissioner of works in the state. The governor can't be in two places at a time. Most governors are busy fighting to be chairman of governors forum remember.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by HamidO1(m): 12:16pm On May 16, 2011
We are waiting for you President Fashola in 2015, we're tired of people that use months to plan what zone gets what position. Unproductive people!!
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by sbeezy8: 12:18pm On May 16, 2011
Hamid O:

We are wait for you President Fashola in 2015, we're tired of people that use months to plan what zone gets what position. Unproductive people!!

NOOOOOOOO

Nigerian arent with it nonsense people
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by HamidO1(m): 12:21pm On May 16, 2011
^^ Don't get you, Nigerians aren't ready for change. Is that what you mean
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by sbeezy8: 12:22pm On May 16, 2011
yes!!!
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by HamidO1(m): 12:29pm On May 16, 2011
^^ That's true considering the fact that we had the opportunity to make several changes due to the platform Jega provided with the new INEC. That doesn't mean we should give up though, nothing good comes easy remember.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 16, 2011
I am eagerly waiting his presidential declaration
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Kobojunkie: 2:33pm On May 16, 2011
dayokanu:

I think it is a thing of shame that we now pith our hopes with one man here, rather than step up NOW to demand the same level of respect(or even more) from the many others we only recently elected into office.

We are still in 2011, why wait till 2015? Why not start now ensuring that the next person will respect us EVEN more? Why not start now to ensure that those coming in will respect us and those leaving will PAY for not doing just that undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Why wait for 2015 when we have a president NOW that you can demand better from NOW, not in 2015?
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EzeUche2(m): 2:34pm On May 16, 2011
Could possibly be a PR stunt. Politics is a game of showmanship.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Rhino5dm: 2:38pm On May 16, 2011
No one should be allowed in without his TRIBAL MARKS clearly on his face.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by dayokanu(m): 2:39pm On May 16, 2011
Would rather fashola be a showman with inspecting trains meant for Lagos state than he being a showman screaming how he deserves the position of Governors forum chairman.

Or busy taking vows from Okija

Go Fashola.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by violent(m): 2:41pm On May 16, 2011
EzeUche_:

I dont get you, are you saying the dude travelled all they way down to Canada to take pictures in subways and with new trains just for a PR stunt?  to what end if i might ask? so that he'd win an election he already won?

common, let's be sensible here!
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Mariory(m): 2:43pm On May 16, 2011
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by tpia5: 2:44pm On May 16, 2011
the GE turbine saga in which turbines bought with millions of dollars were laying waste at the sea ports 'cos no available crane in the country to toll them to site

how embarassing.

when did this happen.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by bkbabe97y1: 2:50pm On May 16, 2011
EzeUche_:

At least his "PR STUNT" did not go the Ibo route where a Eastern Governor forcefully kidnapped a Rev.Father, locked him in a room, and beat him into a coma with a bull-whip!
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by Mariory(m): 2:53pm On May 16, 2011
It appears and I emphasize appears that the train cabs will be H-series (H5/H6) Toronto subway cabs. I got the info from skyscrapercity.com

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/H-series_%28Toronto_subway_car%29
In May 2009, the TTC found an undisclosed buyer for the H5 and H6 cars, which would be used on a potential transit system in another unnamed jurisdiction. However, that potential buyer will not know until early 2010 whether it has the contract to construct and operate the new system. If the cars were sold to this potential buyer, the TTC could raise cash to offset the cost of the new subway cars that are being delivered since October 2010.

Again at the moment this is speculation.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by honeric01(m): 3:05pm On May 16, 2011
Good one Fashola, but i want competition, i want other govrs to put you on your feets, you shouldn't be the only one performing, it won't HELP Nigeria as a whole (Do Nigerians even need help?)
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by EzeUche2(m): 3:09pm On May 16, 2011
I like Fashola, do not get me wrong. He has been very good for business and anyone who is good for business is fine with me. Simply stating it could possibly be a PR stunt.
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by AChigozie1(f): 3:12pm On May 16, 2011
[size=20pt]Why did he hire Canadians to build the trains? I'm sure there are engineers in Nigeria who could have built such trains. African nations need to stop giving their money to all these western countries, they are playing Africans for suckers.[/size]

1 Like

Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by dayokanu(m): 3:14pm On May 16, 2011
A.Chigozie:

[size=20pt]Why did he hire Canadians to build the trains? I'm sure there are engineers in Nigeria who could have built such trains. African nations need to stop giving their money to all these western countries, they are playing Africans for suckers.[/size]

Electricity we cant provide, Clean water we cant provide, Toothpick we cant manufacture Ordinary elections we couldnt conduct and you want us to build trains?

Liver go gree you enter made in Nigeria trains?
Re: In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada by ektbear: 3:16pm On May 16, 2011
@A.Chigozie:

I dunno. I don't know of any reputable Nigerian train companies. I guess Fashola could have encouraged someone to float one.

But do you really want to put the security and safety of those who will use the trains on somebody new? undecided

While patronizing African businesses is a good thing, security and expertise comes first. After all, Fashola's constituency is not the African businessman, but the citizens of Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Man And Pregnant Wife Die In Ghastly Motor Accident, Son Survives / God Is Good Motors & Dangote Trailer Collide On Abuja-Lokoja Road, 1 Die / Kano Kofar Ruwa Underpass Completed, Ready For Launching (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.