Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,977 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss (842 Views)

My Opinions About Tinubu 2023 Ambition / My Opinions About Devido And Ipob.. / 5 Reasons Africans Are Still Poor - Aroms Aigbehi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by melodyogonna(m): 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2021
I just watched this ... podcast? or is this a documentary? grin grin I don't know how to categorize these sort of videos.

Anyway, the narrator is trying to explain why Africa is not doing as well as the other continents. The simple answer is because of centuries of exploitation. But why? and how?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW46xDXNO3Q

I think the complex issue is that because we have allowed our history to be systematically erased, we have practically allowed a new identity and destiny to be designed and given to us by others who only seek to exploit us. We have been divided and separated along artificial borders and improper nations, along with years of propaganda that has caused extreme levels of inferiority complex. Until we learn our history and discover that we can think as well and sometimes better than the whites; then redesign how we want ourselves to be, we'll keep getting bogged down by years of psychological harm, and centuries of exploitation.

A book I'll recommend any African to read as a first step is - The Destruction of Black Civilizations. by Chancellor Williams
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 01, 2021
grin As Simple as A B C D grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by melodyogonna(m): 8:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
We underestimate how much damage lacking history can do. Or pretending that you lack one, or just subconsciously believing so. I used to wonder where all our history has gone to - until I read the book I recommended above. Because if you study Roman history you will often hear of Nubian and Libyan calvary, which were one of the best in the world. Reading the bible you even hear of Ethiopia and Egypt. How can we have no history if our history goes back thousands of years? All these were psychological games played on us. By discrediting our oral methods of passing down history (for those who forgot the method of writing because of migration), destroying and looting our artifacts, sculptures, and inventions (thereby erasing traces); and pushing the "no history propaganda", our children (which now should be grandparents I presume) wouldn't just have enough psychological strength to resist invations, or think for themselves for that matter. They'll see whites as superior and a level above, which is still the reality today.

We need to make every conscious effort to let people around us understand that we had a rich history before our interactions with white people. We had developed empires, real democracies (which seemed like magic to them at the time), rich cultures, arts, trades, religions, gods, rules, etc. We had complex buildings, universities where even renowned historians like the Greek Herodotus studied; stones works that still marvel the world seven thousand years later ... like the ones found in Egypt, and civilizations. We do not need to accept the identities, and the borders they left us, trying to pretend it's the best for us ... like we can't make decisions that will affect our future for generations. We need to challenge our current realities because it obviously wasn't designed to help us in any way. This is the reason why Africa is poor in my opinion, it is because we have been systematically made to forget who we are, thereby thinking less of ourselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by melodyogonna(m): 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2021
Frontail:
As if black people haven't been ruling themselves for thousands of years. Propaganda has a huge impact on psychology, perception, and thinking. You most likely believe this nonsense.
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 01, 2021
I have been hearing this crap for ages.

Exploitation, exploitation exploitation

Africa is poor because the people cant think and are dumb.

Go to your village and see if it is organised. Lets start from there.
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by BKayy: 8:41pm On Aug 01, 2021
Frontail:
You are the perfect description of what the man said about Africa.
Didn't you hear the OP. The white men designed artificial countries that are doomed to be chaotic and fail in Africa.
Just imagine how a country where you bring the Germans, English and Rus together to make it up.
The English people have already ran away from EU because of the Germans but here they are caging you all up like animals to slaughter yourselves.
If the whites can govern or reason more than blacks then Italians, French Spaniards should form a country or Austrians, Polish and Dutch. German, English and Rus.
Armenia, Azerbaijan and Turkey.
If they think they are better than us. These sets of three groups should be forced to form a country let's see if two of the three won't be wiped out in two decades

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by melodyogonna(m): 8:41pm On Aug 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Weren't Africans exploited?
What do you mean by organization?
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by melodyogonna(m): 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2021
BKayy:

You are the perfect description of what the man said about Africa.
Didn't you hear the OP. The white men designed artificial countries that are doomed to be chaotic and fail in Africa.
Just imagine how a country where you bring the Germans, English and Rus together to make it up.
The English people have already ran away from EU because of the Germans but here they are caging you all up like animals to slaughter yourselves.
If the whites can govern or reason more than blacks then Italians, French Spaniards should form a country or Austrians, Polish and Dutch. German, English and Rus.
Armenia, Azerbaijan and Turkey.
If they think they are better than us. These sets of three groups should be forced to form a country let's see if two of the three won't be wiped out in two decades
They have tried, that's how they know how unstable the whole union will be. Europe, until the end of world war 2 has always been a very chaotic place. They have been fighting to get lands under control, squash rebellions, annex themselves, etc. Cos other principalities were always trying to annex somewhere, and the people they're annexing don't always fit. If you check European maps of 5 to 6 hundred years ago you will see they weren't always these tiny countries that learned better about merging two different people together.
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by Theunbothered: 8:50pm On Aug 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You are one of the dumb people you are talking about, fighting people who are trying to work in your own best interests.

Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by BKayy: 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
melodyogonna:

They have tried, that's how they know how unstable the whole union will be. Europe, until the end of world war 2 has always been a very chaotic place. They have been fighting to get lands under control, squash rebellions, annex themselves, etc. Cos other principalities were always trying to annex somewhere, and the people they're annexing don't always fit. If you check European maps of 5 to 6 hundred years ago you will see they weren't always these tiny countries that learned better about merging two different people together.
You are right. They did to Africa what they are scared of, what nearly wiped most of them out, what created eternal enmity between most of them. Now they have countries based on ethnic groups no matter how small
Some are even a large family like Leicheistein, Luxembourg and Monaco. But Africans that are idiotic can't think for themselves. Free themselves from another man's design. Another man's cage.
Mehn I dey shame for Africans that call their contraptions country.
Until they free themselves, they will forever be pulling each other down and that is what the West wants. An eternal impoverished Africa that pull itself down.
They tried the same thing in Malaya-Singapore not knowing that they are dealing with humans.
They tried it with the Arabs in Trans- Jordan, UAR, Trucial states etc. All designed to fail but the Arabs showed them that they are humans.
They did the same with Indians and Pakistan but as usual those ones proved they are humans.
All that proved they are humans divided immediately the white men left but here in Africa, monkeys think the white men are God's. Checkmating themselves forever.
Check the countries I listed that separated immediately after the white men left, reversed back to their original map/ethnicity or voluntarily entered another union and see how they progressed.
Egypt, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Pakistan, Qatar, UAE, Jordan, etc

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by Alfamann: 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2021
It's because black lives matter.
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by melodyogonna(m): 9:24pm On Aug 01, 2021
BKayy:

You are right. They did to Africa what they are scared of, what nearly wiped most of them out, what created eternal enmity between most of them. Now they have countries based on ethnic groups no matter how small
Some are even a large family like Leicheistein, Luxembourg and Monaco. But Africans that are idiotic can't think for themselves. Free themselves from another man's design. Another man's cage.
Until they free themselves, they will forever be pulling each other down and that is what the West wants. An eternal impoverished Africa that pull itself down.
They tried the same thing in Malaya-Singapore not knowing that they are dealing with humans.
They tried it with the Arabs in Trans- Jordan, UAR, Trucial states etc. All designed to fail but the Arabs showed them that they are humans.
They did the same with Indians and Pakistan but as usual those ones proved they are humans.
All that proved they are humans divided immediately the white men left but here in Africa, monkeys think the white men are God's. Checkmating themselves forever.
Check the countries I listed that separated immediately after the white men left, reversed back to their original map/ethnicity or voluntarily entered another union and see how they progressed.
Exactly. Like I said, I think the difference with ours is because of erased history. We were brainwashed into believing theirs is the best way to do it.
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by theTranscriber: 9:30pm On Aug 01, 2021
Frontail:
this I stupid cause
We have been ruling our selves before the white man came

We built empires
We had technology superior to the Europeans

So you and Botha should fvck off
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by Cholls(m): 9:32pm On Aug 01, 2021
My brother why won't Africans be poor when this picture says it all

Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by Ykc2(m): 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2021
BKayy:

before the white came Africans are fighting tribal wars,the worst is yoruba people they are fighting each others everyday ,somalia is 100% of somali people yet they don't live in peace,what helped white man is technology ,all white people came from different european countries to America and became one ,if that white people did not mixed all black slaves together igbo slaves and yoruba slave will still abusing them selves in America till today,is good how white people made them lose thier language today they re one black people in america

1 Like

Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by melodyogonna(m): 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2021
Frontail:
I think I need to address this propaganda quote because a lot of people might actually believe it.

If the original person it is credited to is not just being mischievous, and actually tried to check a little bit of history, he would have realized Africans are less likely to kill themselves if armed with anything.

I'm going to focus on Europe, Asia, and Africa here. Because until 1492 I don't think anyone knew anything about the Americas, and Australian history does not interest me.

All the conflicts in history have primarily been - Asians and Europeans trying to destroy themselves.
From the olden times, you have the Assyrians, Babylonians, Jews, Persians, etc fighting in the middle east. You have the Greeks and their city-states. Fighting for dominion against each other, then expanding past feuds among each when Alexander the king of Macedonia conquered much of the then known world. You have the Romans who came along and conquered much of Europe and parts of the middle east. You have the Muslims launching waves of attacks and establishing Islamic states. You have the Seljuk Turks, one of the Muslim dynasties, and later the Ottoman empire which took Constantinople from the Romans, with territories stretching from the Austrian border to the Persian empire. You have the Mongols that devasted lands from China to Rome. In China, you have dynasties that seemed to topple themselves after few centuries, and the Japanese that invaded of course. And these were major assaults. While Rome was weakening you have the Visigoths, Litungi, the Germanic tribes, Celts, etc carrying raids on each other. These barbarian tribes would go on to form kingdoms and principalities and Europe today, and they continued to fight each other until World War 2. For example, you have the Viking raids, France subduing most of Europe under emperor Napoleon Bonaparte, then subsequently destroying his army while trying to take Russia; Russia expanding so much it is still the biggest country to date; England and France, bitter rivals that have been waging campaigns against each other for centuries. I mean, we can sleep here if we try to go over who is most likely to destroy each other especially among Arabic states and European ones. In all these conflicts only Egypt has always been significantly involved because almost every new power almost always wants Egypt. Libyans and Nubians also provide mercenaries, but most of Africa has always only had minor conflicts.

As an aside I'd like to mention Carthage, I'm not exactly sure they're Africans but since they resided in present-day Tunisia I can call it an African state. Carthage was a regional power that rivaled Rome in its time. They fought some series of wars - known as the Punic Wars, with Rome the eventual winner, promptly destroying Carthage entirely. But during the Second Punic War a Carthagean general known as Hannibal Barca lead a military campaign into Rome, he beat the Romans so bad I still wonder how they managed to survive. I guess that's a major African conflict I would also like to add.

So you see why the quote is just unintelligent propaganda?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by melodyogonna(m): 10:47pm On Aug 01, 2021
Why is nobody responding? I have brought a discussion. E be like na only people who want tribal wars dey come here now?

seun, lalasticlala, mynd44 - does this fit FP?
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2021
Theunbothered:

You are one of the dumb people you are talking about, fighting people who are trying to work in your own best interests.

Did I appoint them??

You are dumb if you think anybody is fighting for your interest.

When they get their goal, it is for the benefit of their family, it is their surname they will remember not yours.

Wisen up, o ye fool!
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by Theunbothered: 12:55am On Aug 02, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Did I appoint them??

You are dumb if you think anybody is fighting for your interest.

You must be very dumb then

thebosstrevor1:

The tribe is made up of people, the tribe elects a leader who fight for the interest of the tribe and also represents them in issues within and outside the tribe. The leader of the tribe is engaging in politics on behalf of his tribes

thebosstrevor1:

I stand with the honorable minister of technology who is a patriotic Nigerian.

When they get their goal, it is for the benefit of their family, it is their surname they will remember not yours.

Wisen up, o ye fool!

Your daft logic only applies to promenent people or ideas that don't favour your insane vision (if your brain is even capable of even think that far) for Nigeria.

When you were licking Buhari the runaway president, Pantami and Abba Kyari's asses your brain must not have been working.
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by Humbrown23(m): 2:34am On Aug 02, 2021
melodyogonna:

I think I need to address this propaganda quote because a lot of people might actually believe it.

If the original person it is credited to is not just being mischievous, and actually tried to check a little bit of history, he would have realized Africans are less likely to kill themselves if armed with anything.

I'm going to focus on Europe, Asia, and Africa here. Because until 1492 I don't think anyone knew anything about the Americas, and Australian history does not interest me.

All the conflicts in history have primarily been - Asians and Europeans trying to destroy themselves.
From the olden times, you have the Assyrians, Babylonians, Jews, Persians, etc fighting in the middle east. You have the Greeks and their city-states. Fighting for dominion against each other, then expanding past feuds among each when Alexander the king of Macedonia conquered much of the then known world. You have the Romans who came along and conquered much of Europe and parts of the middle east. You have the Muslims launching waves of attacks and establishing Islamic states. You have the Seljuk Turks, one of the Muslim dynasties, and later the Ottoman empire which took Constantinople from the Romans, with territories stretching from the Austrian border to the Persian empire. You have the Mongols that devasted lands from China to Rome. In China, you have dynasties that seemed to topple themselves after few centuries, and the Japanese that invaded of course. And these were major assaults. While Rome was weakening you have the Visigoths, Litungi, the Germanic tribes, Celts, etc carrying raids on each other. These barbarian tribes would go on to form kingdoms and principalities and Europe today, and they continued to fight each other until World War 2. For example, you have the Viking raids, France subduing most of Europe under emperor Napoleon Bonaparte, then subsequently destroying his army while trying to take Russia; Russia expanding so much it is still the biggest country to date; England and France, bitter rivals that have been waging campaigns against each other for centuries. I mean, we can sleep here if we try to go over who is most likely to destroy each other especially among Arabic states and European ones. In all these conflicts only Egypt has always been significantly involved because almost every new power almost always wants Egypt. Libyans and Nubians also provide mercenaries, but most of Africa has always only had minor conflicts.

As an aside I'd like to mention Carthage, I'm not exactly sure they're Africans but since they resided in present-day Tunisia I can call it an African state. Carthage was a regional power that rivaled Rome in its time. They fought some series of wars - known as the Punic Wars, with Rome the eventual winner, promptly destroying Carthage entirely. But during the Second Punic War a Carthagean general known as Hannibal Barca lead a military campaign into Rome, he beat the Romans so bad I still wonder how they managed to survive. I guess that's a major African conflict I would also like to add.

So you see why the quote is just unintelligent propaganda?
the quote just doesn't make any sense our major problem is amalgamation not all this nonsense quote they are making up and down just to make Africans look inferior if we lack the capacity to think then how did we make most of those beautiful artworks that they stole from us when the Europeans came they were surprised to see that Benin is a planned state so they called it city of Benin and for killing ourselves I think this Europeans are more guilty in this area they have killed more people than any other group

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by Humbrown23(m): 2:59am On Aug 02, 2021
BKayy:

imagine today some of this large family groups that made a country of themselves are the richest countries in the world, another problem is Africa's adoption of foreign language many don't know how deeply this affects us imagine that as an African you have to know first that there is a word called value before knowing the meaning then talk about creating it but the Europeans, Chinese, Indians etc don't have to go through that process because they are dealing with an original language personally I believe this language of a thing is even a bigger factor than amalgamation take nothern Nigeria for example many people love to talk about how unfortunate they are to have the highest population of poor people but if you look deeper you will be sorry for this guys rather than mock them first I will like to state that there is nothing like an hausa tribe it is just a language enforced by Dan fodio during his Islamic reformation today the north have to contend with like four languages The Arabic language the hausa language their local dialect and then English you are not expecting much from such people
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by Humbrown23(m): 3:00am On Aug 02, 2021
Cholls:
My brother why won't Africans be poor when this picture says it all
there are gluttons everywhere
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by skywalker240(m): 6:05am On Aug 02, 2021
Interesting
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by melodyogonna(m): 9:08am On Aug 02, 2021
Ykc2:
before the white came Africans are fighting tribal wars,the worst is yoruba people they are fighting each others everyday ,somalia is 100% of somali people yet they don't live in peace,what helped white man is technology ,all white people came from different european countries to America and became one ,if that white people did not mixed all black slaves together igbo slaves and yoruba slave will still abusing them selves in America till today,is good how white people made them lose thier language today they re one black people in america
Wars are a common occurrence everywhere. Less common in Africa compared to other places even
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by BKayy: 1:52pm On Aug 02, 2021
Ykc2:
We fight for the sake of peace. Go and write this thing down somewhere, at the end of Somalia crisis, Somalia will be the most united African country.
What they are doing now is coming to one ideology. It happens in any country thay wants to be formidable.
In England it was the anti-catholiticism where 1/3 of English population were killed.
In China it was the cultural revolution where 40 million Chinese people that love Western ways were killed.
And so on. Before unity of what was torn before, there must be eradication of saboteurs and indigenes that have caught Stockholm syndrome
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:54pm On Aug 02, 2021
Remove bad egoistic leaders from a country and watch them prosper!
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by melodyogonna(m): 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2021
Wiseandtrue:
Remove bad egoistic leaders from a country and watch them prosper!
You can't actually do that unless a revolution happens. How do you remove bad leaders if they have control of everything?
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2021
melodyogonna:

You can't actually do that unless a revolution happens. How do you remove bad leaders if they have control of everything?
Sacrifice! Steadfastness, consistency on the part of every Nigerian especially the youths!
Re: Why Is Africa still poor? my opinions and ... let's discuss by melodyogonna(m): 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2021
skywalker240:
Interesting
What's interesting?

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Made President What Change Will You Bring / Fans Of Udele.... Oyigboupdate Is Missing Him At Ochanja... Please Visit Us / Fear Made Southerners To Come Together And Banned Open Grazing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.