Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:02 PM

The Spate Of Get Rich Quick Syndrome, The Implication In The Years To Come. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Spate Of Get Rich Quick Syndrome, The Implication In The Years To Come. (465 Views)

Loan App Send A Fraud Message To My Hr Over Loan Default. Any Implication? / EEDC Decries Rising Spate Of Energy Theft In South-east / The Get Rich Quick Syndrome In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Spate Of Get Rich Quick Syndrome, The Implication In The Years To Come. by referendum01(m): 9:38pm On Aug 01, 2021
The media has been agog by the story of Nigerias super cop Abba Kyari's indictment in a scam to the tune of $1.1million championed by Mr. Ramon popularly known as HushPuppi. Consequently, the US district court has issued a warrant of arrest to extradite Abba Kyari to the US to enable him clear himself.

Since the shocking news broke into our national space, there has been diverse feelings. These diverse feelings has been fueled of course by religious and ethnic sentiment which are the main tools that has been used over the years to keep Nigeria in her present sorry state.

In fact I read a very short piece written by one of Nigeria's government opposition leading figure (name withheld) where he made a caricature of the parttern of recent arrests. He went on to say that since MNK is from the East, Igboho from the West and Now Kyari from North, that this is a true representation of federal character and urged the present government to emulate fairness in their political dealings by way of ensuring that every region are properly represented in our national government as against what we currently have.

His seemed really funny, but I feel it is not funny rather more serious than we think. I think it is one too many, from internet scam, to drug, child trafficking and of course political lootings. Call a spade what it is a spade, the most current event involving DCP Abba Kyari is a national embarrassment. It is an indictment on every Nigerian, a big stain that no amount of bleach can certainly remove. It is another pointer and an eye opener to what is going on at the echolon of security circle. Take it from me there is no saint among them.

Unfortunately, in our usual way of taking sides on ethnic and religious line, some northerners including the almighty Miyetti Allah have continued to fume, calling the whole episode a plot to dent his image, destroy his career and get him out of the police force. They have accused the South of working with FBI to mess Kyari up. Reading on these, I couldnt help but shake my head in utter regret and shame. They have even issued a press release, accusing of NEF of not doing enough to defend their interest. Really, your interest in a matter such s this. This is unacceptable.

On the other hand, the South have risen to say investigate him, if found guilty crucify him. Which ever way, I think the Southern position is far more modest. It shoukdnt be about tribe now, anyone found wanting should be prosecuted. I had expected the North to even say that first but no. By the way allegation is not the end of a mans life and the accused remains innocent until proven guilty. Therefore, if accused of any wrong doing the best bet would be to surrender oneself to appropriate authorities for investigation.

Our greatest problem, in fact what should form our bulk of concern now should be the get rich quick syndrome occasioned by whatever. While Abba Kyari must clear himself of this indictment, I think it is even more pertinent that we get to the root of this get rich quick syndrome ravaging our young and old men.

Sadly, It s heartbreaking to say that even our political class are not left out in this get rich quick madness. Note it, as HushPuppi case unfolds even into greater dimension I see heads roll. I see quite a lot of politicians and none political actors going down in shame if any is left with them.

The system is corrupt to high heavens. In fact in Nigeria now, if you are not into one shady business or the other you don't know whatsup. Get rich quick has become a norm and people flint it with any remorse or fear. Our old people are involved in this mess too. The youths are deeply swimming in it and there is no U-turn in sight very soon.

The implication of this can be better imagined if we continue like this as a people. First and very soon, it will become dog eat dog system. Many of us who are cheering Abba Kyari today and frowning at FBI invitation extended to him will become victims of scammers someday if not frowned at now. It is only a matter of time it will fester and become a national disease just like kidnapping is fast becoming a growing national disaster.

Another implication will be that everyone will sudeenly become lazy to work. If I have an easy means of stealing from you why then do I work? Isn't it much easier to scam any gullible fellow around, disposses him or her of her possession and move on with life like nothing ever happened. Of course that will be the best thing to do.

Again, our value in the international scene would have become an irritating thing in the eyes of civilized world. Already our national passport is fast loosing weight like a piece of tissue paper. It does not attract any respect or regard at the world scene and we risk the more worthless of this if this spate of mess is not chequed.

To check crime, government should provide jobs. The major reason for crime is idleness as a result of lack of jobs. Imagine that the youths a largely and meaningfully employed. I believe crime will drastically reduce.

The implication of of this HushPuppi way of making money will be so tough in the coming days.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Michael Jackson Break Dance Moves Feature On Chizonic Secret Music Song / My Goods Shipped Into Nigeria By A Shipping Company Is Missing: Please Help! / If Someone Give 1m Now ,what Business Would You Live Doing ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.