Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,156 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:58 AM

Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger (23531 Views)

Buhari: Don’t Give APC Presidential Ticket To Highest Bidders / Atiku Appeals To Buhari: Don’t Shut Down Cryptocurrency Business / Anthony Adefuye: Obasanjo Is An Igbo Man From Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by nairavsdollars(f): 6:42am On Aug 02, 2021
Senator Anthony Adefuye, a delegate to the 2014 National Conference is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and a member of Lagos Governor’s Advisory Council (GAC). In this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI, he speaks on latest developments in the country, especially the controversy over zoning ahead of the 2023 general elections. Excerpts:

As a delegate to the 2014 national conference, some Nigerians are calling on the Federal Government to implement the report of the confab as a way of addressing the myriads of problems confronting Nigeria today. Do you also share that view?

If the present National Assembly can access the conference report and dialogue on it, it will solve most of Nigeria’s problem. If you look at that conference, most decisions were unanimous. I am not saying everything that is within there should be implemented. But I am very sure that 99 percent of the things there, if implemented will make Nigeria a better place to be.

President Buhari has listened to the demands of Nigerians by replacing Service Chiefs but the insecurity challenges in the country still persisted. How best do you think this can be handled?

On the issue of insecurity in the country, we all know that it is some people that are behind it. There is no doubt about it. I know that in the North-East, we’ve always had this insecurity challenges there and it is only during this time of Buhari that they have tackled it effectively. Even when former president Goodluck Jonathan was there, he did not do anything about all these challenges and that was when Boko Haram captured almost six local governments which they kept under their control. Now they have been driven back by our security forces and they are not holding any local government. Yet, people are still complaining. Those who are complaining when the government is dealing with these insurgents are the ones behind all these but God will judge them.

The tenure of the National Caretaker committee of the APC was recently extended indefinitely and no date has been fixed for the party’s national convention. Are you worried about that development?

This party, APC was a merger of many political parties and the National Caretaker Committee is also a merger of many people in the party. What we are trying to do now is to unite the party and make it one. After that, we will select those who are really fit to be in the national executive. I know a lot of people are reading meanings into it but I always read good meanings into many changes that is happening now. Definitely, when you want to do a national convention, it is a struggle for the jugular of the party and people will come out with one story or another. But I also know that at the end of the day, we are going to share those positions into states, not to individuals. After sharing the available positions into states, the states will then nominate who they want to occupy. That is the way it is done and that is the way it should always be. So, I don’t want any people to read any meaning into activities of the National Caretaker Committee. I believe something good will come out of it.

You took active part in the formation of APC, is there any agreement between the North and South on zoning?

In party politics, there is usually no written agreement. But there is a known agreement in APC that the North will rule for two terms of eight years, after that it will be the turn of the South. So, if Buhari had spent two terms, that is for the North, it will now come back to the South in 2023. The South will also spend their two terms. That is the unwritten agreement that we all know. So, it is the turn of the South this time. So, whoever is thinking that it is the North and is ambitious to become the President in 2023 is daydreaming and wants to break Nigeria

Are you aware if President Buhari and Tinubu had an agreement on handing over?

If God says it is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu who will be our president in 2023, by the grace of God, so shall it be. He is qualified to be President. We all know many of the wonderful things that this man has done for Nigeria. I pray that may God give him good health so that he will be our president come 2023. Those saying Asiwaju will not get the support of northerners are wrong because the man is even more popular and has many supporters in the North than in the South. He is the most influential politician in Nigeria today. Even his northern friends have more access to him than those of us in the South here. As far as I am concerned, in Nigeria today, it is either people vote by conscience or by ethnicity. Don’t also forget, quite a lot of Yoruba today are in the North, Kogi, Kwara, Kano and other parts of the North. Even in Benue, some Yoruba are there, just like the Igbo. So, Asiwaju’s popularity goes beyond the Southern part of the country and I believe Nigerians will support him overwhelmingly if he decides to run.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) few days ago said President Buhari is working towards getting a third term in office. What is your reaction to that?

President Buhari is someone I know who has been a military president before and now he is a democratic president. He wants to show the world that he is truly democratic. We all should give it to him. Let me tell you one thing, President Buhari is the best president Nigeria has ever had. No matter what people say about hi, he still remains the best in the history of this country. Some people are saying (Olusegun) Obasanjo. Which Obasanjo? Obasanjo koo, Obasanjo nii. When Obasanjo was president , the price of crude oil was $140 per barrel, he did not build a single rail in the South-West. So, what are they talking about? He didn’t do anything in the South-West. He didn’t even build the road that leads to Ota.

He seized the allocation of Lagos for almost two years. Even the Lagos-Ibadan expressway he didn’t do anything about it. It is Buhari that is ensuring that the road is rehabilitated now. It is Buhari that is building the Second Niger Bridge. It is Buhari that is building rail lines and trying to bring our airlines back. All these were killed during Obasanjo’s regime. During Obasanjo’s regime, we sold all the national assets to private individuals. So, what are these people talking about? Buhari is one man who has spent Nigeria’s money for Nigeria. Let us be factual, Buhari is still the best president we have ever had. People are saying he is Fulani. What is wrong if a Fulani is giving you what you need? I think we are just deceiving ourselves. Now that the president is trying to be as civil as possible, some people are trying to anger him. I pray they don’t see the anger of Buhari. That he is trying to be democratic doesn’t mean he is a fool. He is not a fool at all.
https://independent.ng/i-pray-those-provoking-buhari-dont-see-his-anger-adefuye/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by Bola146(f): 6:45am On Aug 02, 2021
grin provoke grin grin Anger grin grin grin grin koburu When old man like this could say this, I pity your children. They will be ashamed of you

267 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by FarahAideed: 6:47am On Aug 02, 2021
I detest men without honor or sense

419 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by OkuFaba(m): 6:51am On Aug 02, 2021
I didn't read this but this man is an OLORIBURUKU

361 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by Baawaa(m): 6:52am On Aug 02, 2021
Now that the president is trying to be as civil as possible, some people are trying to anger him. I pray they don’t see the anger of Buhari. That he is trying to be democratic doesn’t mean he is a fool. He is not a fool at all.
Spirit of Fulani is tormenting this man.He is a traitor,a disgrace to Yoruba race and Nigeria at large.
You people have provoked God, and all of you will see His anger

330 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by Tony3245(m): 6:52am On Aug 02, 2021
He sounds dumb. Man is born free but everywhere in chains. Pleasing your master isn't a problem because you are conditioned to be loyal due to the monetary gains...the problem is, you don't need to sound stupid or dumb in portraying your false loyalty.
Nonsense and ingredients

Check my signature biko.

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by Legendrysailor(m): 6:53am On Aug 02, 2021
Hell no !!!!! Damn !!!!!

Who cares if he gets annoyed, he Better start doing what he knows best which is sucking d dick of his cow.

Pls patronize us at kyari tailors. We design all types of clothes.

192 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by zeuss: 6:55am On Aug 02, 2021
look at this old fool............it is Buhari and the government that should be afraid of the people and not the other way round. this is a democracy, sumbori give the ignoramus a dictionary if he is oblivious to the meaning.

167 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 02, 2021
Sometimes its wiser to keep quiet and assumed reasonable than speak and remove all doubts.

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by seborrhic: 6:57am On Aug 02, 2021
FarahAideed:
I detest men without honor or sense
I detest old men without sense.
Buhari that has been shown to be a lying,nepotic,genetically incompetent,senile old man,is who this adefuye is talking about in these terms;at a democracy at that!
Didn't bother reading d whole interview because one would just get sick the more of the kinds of people in positions of authority in Nigeria.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by Grace001: 6:57am On Aug 02, 2021
Now that the president is trying to be as civil as possible, some people are trying to anger him. I pray they don’t see the anger of Buhari.

Indeed he is trying to be civil, even with his nepotism and tyranny act. Even by pampering his kinsmen Fulani herdsmen militia that causes mayhem

Asś licker senator

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by Kriss216: 6:59am On Aug 02, 2021
Shameless old fool! A disgrace to humanity!

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by Racoon(m): 7:02am On Aug 02, 2021
What is more of the senseless, clueless, impactless but bigoted, nepotic, clannish, ethno-religious supremacist and tyrannical Buhari of 1984-85 that is well known then and today?

Does this shameless old fool from the so called sophisticated region really knows the pain, anger, anguish, senseless bloodshed and deaths this evil Buhari government have cause a lots of families, communities and this failed contraption of a nation?

Hero worshipping a failure in an evil govt. Why are these old hag politicians shameless and this useless? Of all the evil bedevilling Nigeria under the dullard, this is all this idiot have to dish out-sniffing the lifeless dullard ass as the sophisticated zombie that he is? Tueh!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by nzeobi(m): 7:03am On Aug 02, 2021
Bandits are in the habit of provoking buhari and in his usual style he proved that he's a coward

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by skywalker240(m): 7:05am On Aug 02, 2021
Getat.

Willing Tool

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by inoki247: 7:05am On Aug 02, 2021
So he was Voted to show his anger....

And this one get pikin for house lik diz na all diz kain old fool dey talk jargons for family house...

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by money121(m): 7:05am On Aug 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:05am On Aug 02, 2021
Have you ever seen our darling daddy replied any nonentities and trouble finders yet?
Never.
He is a silent achiever in infrastructures all over the country.
It is only when the project is completed that you will be aware about it..
But most importantly, Anything to bring peace and tranquility to our darling nation is all we are after.
May Buhari Succeed.
Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by Wizygreat12: 7:05am On Aug 02, 2021
Yeye people everywhere what concern Nigerians with Cow Government buhari remain the biggest Failure on Earth. Meanwhile my Prince just Complete 2years, my biggest achievement is that i was able to escape from the Zoo and start a Family in Germany happily married and enjoying my Life unlike some Zombie BMC in the Zoo

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by Nuelito: 7:06am On Aug 02, 2021
Smh

1 Like

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by bigeliot(m): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2021
Na dem

2 Likes

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by AntiBMC(m): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2021
Plain old f0ol. A f0ol dah has passed 40. Ds sort of people without any dignity are d reasons why we are here today. They keep licking d dirty feet of fulani...and they don't plan to stop anytime soon.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2021
So he has not yet gotten angry. With what he has made Nigeria go through all this while.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by Oracleforce: 7:07am On Aug 02, 2021
This man adefuye is giving us stale news about Bihari....this was the manifesto that was sold to us in the 2015 election that made us voted out GEJ...and this stupid man is still repeating the same cock and bulls story...
We are here for you in the 2022 general election....all your structure and your false manifesto will collapse this time around...eyes don open...we want to change the change....

The same old haggard politician still coming to us and by telling us about that false achievement of the Buhari administration ...

We are here for you....anything APC is doomed....anything Buhari is doomed....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by Nwaezeudo: 7:07am On Aug 02, 2021
70 years old man!

I SMH for this country. If a supposed elder can vomit such claptrap, then there's trouble.

More of the police-cum-tailor, Abba Kyari's ordeals update please cool, not this bunkum!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by Promismike(m): 7:07am On Aug 02, 2021
Because buhari is the almighty God, the law, the jury and the court. These are the idiots we call our leaders.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by SEGLIZ: 7:07am On Aug 02, 2021
what anger than the one he's being showing. probably his hunger, the hunger going round the nation will soon hit aso rock.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Anthony Adefuye: I Pray That Those Provoking Buhari Don’t See His Anger by otokx(m): 7:07am On Aug 02, 2021
I stopped reading when he said Boko Haram is not controlling any LGA in Borno State or anywhere in Nigeria.

A sycophant will always display sycophancy.

26 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UK Prosecutors Accuse Ekweremadu Of Attempting To Buy Kidney For £7,000 / PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration / Boko Haram Lived In My Home For 8 Months When PDP Was In Power -buba Marwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.