Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' (28658 Views)

Tinubu: Bishops At Shettima’s Unveiling Not Fake – MURIC Replies CAN / Akinwunmi Adesina, 2023: We Want Yoruba Muslim As President - MURIC To Obasanjo / Attack On Herdsmen: Christian Youths On Death Row Must Die - MURIC Replies CAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Doraty1(f): 11:05am On Aug 02, 2021
PRESS RELEASE:

2023: MURIC REACTS TO CAN’S CALL FOR CHRISTIAN PRESIDENT

Nigeria’s Muslim human rights group, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC), has reacted to a recent statement issued by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in which it called for a Christian president for Nigeria by 2023. MURIC said while it is not opposed to the idea of a Christian president for Nigeria, CAN must wait for its turn.

MURIC spoke via its director and founder, Professor Ishaq Akintola, on Monday, 2nd August, 2023. The full statement reads:

“The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) last week demanded a Christian president come 2023 (https://thenationonlineng.net/2023-can-pushes-for-christian-president/). But we believe that it is not yet the turn of a Christian to be the president of Nigeria if we want to go by mathematical exactitude from the time Nigeria began civil rule in 1999.

“Chief Mathew Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo, a Christian, spent eight (cool years as president (1999 – 2007). Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan also spent five (5) years (5th May, 2010 – 29th May, 2015). That brings the total spent by Christian presidents in Aso Rock to thirteen (13) years.

“Meanwhile Alhaji Musa Yaradua, a Muslim, spent three (3) years as president and the incumbent, President Muhammadu Buhari, will be completing his eighth year in office by the good Grace of Allah on 29th May, 2023. By simple arithmetic, this will bring the total spent by the two Muslim presidents to eleven (11) years.

“MURIC is being generous, otherwise it would have towed the line of those who argue that Jonathan spent six (6) years and that will bring the total number of years spent by Christians to fourteen (14). In the same vein, we would have supported those who said Yaradua spent just two (2) years and that would have reduced the number of years spent by Muslims in power to ten (10) years.

“Muslims will be shortchanged by two or four years if a Christian becomes president in 2023. The ideal thing is to allow another Muslim to spend only one term from 2023 to 2027. There will be no doubt about who takes the reins of power from 2007 because a Christian must be installed as president at that time. All controversies would have been removed but there is controversy now.

“For the avoidance of doubts, we reiterate our readiness to accept a Christian as president but it must be at the right time. It will be unfair to install a Christian president in 2023 when Muslims still have a shortfall of two or four years. It is the group that has a two-year or four-year shortfall that should be given the chance for a make-up, not the group that has a two-year advantage.

“We advise CAN to wait for its own time and to stop heating up the polity with untimely demands. CAN should also take a retrospective look at its attitude towards the incumbent since 2015 when a Christian president left the stage. Nigerians are already comparing CAN’s weekly visits to Aso Rock in the days of Jonathan, a Christian president, to turn on the tap of gold and its extremely hostile stance to the incumbent, a Muslim president, since 2015. We really sympathise with CAN but facts are sacred. Figures and dates are sacrosanct.”

Professor Ishaq Akintola,

Director,

Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2021/08/2023-muric-reacts-to-cans-call-for.html?m=1

7 Likes

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Authority1o1(m): 11:06am On Aug 02, 2021
Okay...

He actually made some sense.

Federal Character allows for equal representation of every party. But I believe CAN sees it from the angle of Christian-Muslim-Christian-Muslim-Christian(next).

Inasmuch as competence and qualification remain the basic requirements to sit in a political office, they can be sourced from the different lines present in Nigeria, be it zone, ethnicity or religion.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by NOGRUDGES(m): 11:11am On Aug 02, 2021
It is the turn of atheist, Satanists or juju worshippers to produce President, both Christian and Moslem have failed woefully. Please don't vote for them again.

247 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by colorsofrainbow: 11:11am On Aug 02, 2021
Has Akintola's problem gotten to this extent?
Na so e dey start...chains should be closeby

168 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by KillMNKnow(f): 11:12am On Aug 02, 2021
They want to drink Alcohol and destroy the country again.

Never again

Nigeria if we want to go by mathematical exactitude from the time Nigeria began civil rule in 1999.

“Chief Mathew Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo, a Christian, spent eight (cool years as president (1999 – 2007). Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan also spent five (5) years (5th May, 2010 – 29th May, 2015). That brings the total spent by Christian presidents in Aso Rock to thirteen (13) years..

Tinubu 2023

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Jerryherd: 11:14am On Aug 02, 2021
What a funny Country

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Sirjamo: 11:14am On Aug 02, 2021
This is a reply to CAN, but PDP dundees and Ipob terrorists will start abusing MURIC for advocating for Muslims rights, just like CAN is doing.

Every religion organization has the right to demand for presidency, but only the politicians and the electorates will have the final say.

I AM DONE TALKING

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Sufferingboy(f): 11:15am On Aug 02, 2021
This muric need flogging.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by stabilizer: 11:17am On Aug 02, 2021
What of the traditionalists? Are they not part of us ?

64 Likes

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by richiemcgold: 11:18am On Aug 02, 2021
Mumu is synonymous with MURIC, so I'm not surprised.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by TarOrfeeek: 11:18am On Aug 02, 2021
MuMuric

Again the flawed logic of the Islamist fanatic is brought to fore.

OBJ was elected for 8 years
GEJ was elected for 4 years
UMY was elected for 4 years
PMB was elected for 8 years

If they no give Christian President.

Anything way this country see, make them take.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Sirjamo: 11:22am On Aug 02, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
MuMuric

Again the flawed logic of the Islamist fanatic is brought to fore.

OBJ was elected for 8 years
GEJ was elected for 4 years
UMY was elected for 4 years
PMB was elected for 8 years

If they no give Christian President.

Anything way this country see, make them take.
What will happen? You will start bombing mosques?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Faiththatworks(m): 11:32am On Aug 02, 2021
This muric man is indirectly campaigning for a Northerner to take over from Buhari because I'm sure no Muslim aspirant will contest in the south east and South South leaving only the south west.
This man with his mumuric statement has disqualified the entire south South and South from contesting in the 2023 election because it's the turn of the Muslim.
Mr muric should stop all this shenanigans and stop being clever by half. The presidency of Nigeria didn't start on May 1999,it started on October 1 1960,and since he has clearly shown his religious bias,then we must start counting from that date.
Only then can we can settle for which religion has ruled Nigeria the longest.
Mumuric man

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Moferere: 11:32am On Aug 02, 2021
The earlier this MUMURIC man is arrested, the better for Nigeria.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by unbitchable(m): 11:33am On Aug 02, 2021
Sirjamo:
What will happen? You will start bombing mosques?

Christians and bombing.. e heavy for mouth.

Muslims and bombing.. e smooth for mouth.

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Imokay: 11:36am On Aug 02, 2021
Sufferingboy:
This muric need flogging.

CAN is myopic raising this type of demand.

Leadership capacity has nothing to do with religion, and there is no religious qualification in the constitution

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by yanabasee1(m): 11:37am On Aug 02, 2021
Before 2015....

Nigerians had nothing to do with nepotism and ethnicity.... But a little of religion and so on...

But since Buhari took over and gave birth to the hoodlums we have now as MURIC, MIYETTI ALLAH and AREWA groups of dunce... Everything changed...

If Nigeria exist after 2023... It'll be a miracle...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by newbornmacho(m): 11:38am On Aug 02, 2021
Is there a more useless idiot in nigeria than this bastsrd called ishaq akintola of muric??

14 Likes

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by FakeUnity: 11:41am On Aug 02, 2021
Muric man, The yoruba muslim fanatic that prays everyday for more fulani muslim emirates all over yorubaland.

I laugh in 'yorubas are united'. Kikikikikikiki!

grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by iwaeda: 11:41am On Aug 02, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Tiiitoo: 11:41am On Aug 02, 2021
"He who comes to equity must come with clean hands"
It is excellent when demanding for justice and equity.
But first, what is Muric saying about the 44 local Governments in Kano state and unequal representatives in NAss in favour of the NORTH.

Is that MURIC definition of justice and equity

Doraty1:

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2021/08/2023-muric-reacts-to-cans-call-for.html?m=1
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 02, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

He actually made some sense.

Federal Character allows for equal representation of every party. But I believe CAN sees it from the angle of Christian-Muslim-Christian-Muslim-Christian(next).

Inasmuch as competence and qualification remain the basic requirements to sit in a political office, they can be sourced from the different lines present in Nigeria, be it zone, ethnicity or religion.
I hope you realize Nigeria as an entity didn't start in 1999

Meanwhile Yoruba Muslims are really a plague to the west

Serving the superior Muslims comes first before their own tribe

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Guestlander: 11:47am On Aug 02, 2021
FakeUnity:
Muric man, The yoruba muslim fanatic that prays everyday for more fulani muslim emirates all over yorubaland.

I laugh in 'yorubas are united'. Kikikikikikiki!

grin grin

One renegade with his own one man organization means Yoruba are not united? Have you ever seen another member of this mumuric organization?

7 Likes

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 02, 2021
Guestlander:

One renegade with his own one man organization means Yoruba are not united? Have you ever seen another member of this mumuric organization?
My brother we have seen so many Yoruba Muslims that share thought with muric

No be one man renegade

12 Likes

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by after4: 11:56am On Aug 02, 2021
tifnubu you mean?

KillMNKnow:

Never again

Nigeria if we want to go by mathematical exactitude from the time Nigeria began civil rule in 1999.

“Chief Mathew Aremu Olusegun Obasanjo, a Christian, spent eight (cool years as president (1999 – 2007). Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan also spent five (5) years (5th May, 2010 – 29th May, 2015). That brings the total spent by Christian presidents in Aso Rock to thirteen (13) years..

Tinubu 2023
Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Guestlander: 11:59am On Aug 02, 2021
Mikecold:
My brother we have seen so many Yoruba Muslims that share thought with muric

No be one man renegade

I doubt you know Yorubas more than I do. "Yoruba Muslims" is a creation of some hateful individuals who would like us to turn against each other based on religion and that will never happen, trust me.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Danjikanbauchi: 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2021
KillMNKnow:

Never again

Tinubu 2023
why not let calculate it from independent 1960 till date. Hypocrite

17 Likes

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by juman(m): 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2021
Northern Christians should be saying something similar to this.
They need to be hammering on getting presidency.

4 Likes

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2021
Muric is only popular on nairaland, which gives fuel to the notion someone is pushing all his divisive material.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Penguin2: 12:35pm On Aug 02, 2021
Media houses/platforms should stop giving this idiot attention.

6 Likes

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 02, 2021
Guestlander:

I doubt you know Yorubas more than I do. "Yoruba Muslims" is a creation of some hateful individuals who would like us to turn against each other based on religion and that will never happen, trust me.
Don't mind them. I am a Yoruba, a muslim. I have more christians in my nulear family let alone extended. The Muric guy and others are only stressing themselves over failed mission.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian President: MURIC Replies CAN, Says 'It Is Not Your Turn' by leksite120(m): 12:55pm On Aug 02, 2021
As a Yoruba and a Muslim.
It's only on Nairaland I start hearing the word Yoruba Muslims. And I start wondering if I reasoned such a thing before. Every where I go, I see Muslims and Christians and I never for once felt the need to classify us based on religion.

This Muric of a thing.. I personally think it's Nairaland that promotes him, cos I never heard of his name on any local radio or anywhere, I only know him from Nairaland and no where else. NAIRALAND should stop all these just to gain traffic, They're giving him so much publicity, it's just a one man organization.

19 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Confuses Electricity And Phone Infrastructure (Video) / Lagos-Abuja To Take Four Hours Through Supersonic Highways — Umahi / Melaye Threatens To Beat James Manager - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.