Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,153 members, 7,807,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette (48693 Views)

Abba Kyari’s Brother Received ₦279m From Hushpuppi, Others – Police Report / Abba Kyari: I Was Hushpuppi's Debt Collector - DCP Denies N8 Million Bribe / Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzo- BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by lexy2014: 7:26pm On Aug 02, 2021
Yoighaman:

I understand you but I perceived him as very diligent, a go-getter who went after high-profile criminals, not knowing he is one himself.

That's d perception they want d Nigerian public to have. D guy is being groomed for something. U can't progress in d Nigerian police force without being corrupt. U can be "diligent, be a go-getter who goes after high-profile criminals", but it's all nothing if u aren't corrupt. D guy was and is being supervised by corrupt ogas who decide his promotion. His diligence is nothing to them except he is loyal to them& d system. He was allowed to bust d high profile criminals he busted because he had d blessing of his ogas. If they told him "leave that case", can he say he won't leave it because he is a go-getter? They will end him or frustrate. He is what he is because he served d system not Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by lexy2014: 7:31pm On Aug 02, 2021
27Pushing30:

It matters not..

Believe this or not IGNORANCE is actually NOT A CRIME.

So far no document or story claiming Abba Kyari did the following:

1. laundered N8m allegedly received from Hushpuppi via a US bank
2. Was overtly aware Hushpuppi is a fraudster (note hushpuppi is based abroad).
3. Is an active member of a fraud syndicate.

From what has been published so far, the following cases can be established
1. Abuse of office
2. Bribery and corruption
3. Concealing proceed of a crime (that is the payment did not go through his account and if it can be proven to have eventually made its way to his account).
4. Money laundering (local)

To extradite an individual Jurisdiction should first be ascertained >>> what crime did he commit in the USA until that is proven his 4k up should be treated here

Based on d above, it shouldn't be a problem for Kyari to into d US, visit d office of FBI, state his own side of d story and clear his name. Is it that difficult? After all, he is a "highly decorated cop". He shouldn't be intimidated by d FBI

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by naturefellow(m): 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2021
AntiBMC:

The memes are appalling? But it is okay when Fulani bmc use it to deride mnk or Igboho. U are not feeling fine. Ur brain is probably paining you. Gouge ur eyes out...if u don't like it.
two wrongs don't make a right. Don't reduce yourself to what you oppose. Nothing personal buddy.
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by AntiBMC(m): 7:46pm On Aug 02, 2021
naturefellow:
two wrongs don't make a right. Don't reduce yourself to what you oppose. Nothing personal buddy.

That's ur opinion my dear. Live up to that quote if you want. As for me...I like to fight fire with fire...and a little lightening. Thanks.
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by bigcasava1(m): 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
I think the southerners are conniving with FBI to bring down Abba kyari according to mayetti Allah
He will rot in jail

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by Mechejy: 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2021
So long as mighty US have signed and sent his men from FBI down to Nigeria, ABBA kyari must be extradited or they risk US sanctioning Nigeria or doing something worse Nigeria may regret later.

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by oweman: 7:53pm On Aug 02, 2021
Silly thought or is DCP Abba now a judge to jail somebody ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by Yoighaman(m): 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2021
lexy2014:

That's d perception they want d Nigerian public to have. D guy is being groomed for something. U can't progress in d Nigerian police force without being corrupt. U can be "diligent, be a go-getter who goes after high-profile criminals", but it's all nothing if u aren't corrupt. D guy was and is being supervised by corrupt ogas who decide his promotion. His diligence is nothing to them except he is loyal to them& d system. He was allowed to bust d high profile criminals he busted because he had d blessing of his ogas. If they told him "leave that case", can he say he won't leave it because he is a go-getter? They will end him or frustrate. He is what he is because he served d system not Nigerians

Hmmmm, it is well.
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by Mechejy: 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2021
God in heaven,thou God of justice never allow ABBA kyari go scot free. And let him open can of worms. We have suffered so much in the hands of Buhari and his kinsmen and tribe.
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by osimataylor(m): 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2021
THIS GAZETTE NEWS OUTFIT WANT TO TAKE THIS ABBA KYARI AND ABBAS HUSPOPPI NEWS GAIN POPULARITY AND WIDE ACCEPTANCE. MAKE UNA TRY.
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by naturefellow(m): 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2021
AntiBMC:

That's ur opinion my dear. Live up to that quote if you want. As for me...I like to fight fire with fire...and a little lightening. Thanks.
Pele o, Amadioha, abi Sango cheesy
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by naturefellow(m): 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2021
osimataylor:
THIS GAZETTE NEWS OUTFIT WANT TO TAKE THIS ABBA KYARI AND ABBAS HUSPOPPI NEWS GAIN POPULARITY AND WIDE ACCEPTANCE. MAKE UNA TRY.
Gazettengr doesn't need to ride on the news for fame. They're an investigative journalism outfit, out for blood... Facts. And to uncover all the institutionalized vices in Nigeria, moreso, under this administration.

Go read up its history to know more.

3 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by AntiBMC(m): 8:10pm On Aug 02, 2021
naturefellow:
Pele o, Amadioha, abi Sango cheesy

Lol. Guy free me abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 02, 2021
RZArecta:
Abba Kyari lied, collected N8 million to jail Chibuzo for Hushpuppi until he almost died in custody: FBI

Intercepted communication between Mr Kyari and Hushpuppi indicated that the police commissioner received huge sums to incarcerate Chibuzo.

https://gazettengr.com/abba-kyari-lied-collected-n8-million-to-jail-chibuzo-for-hushpuppi-until-he-almost-died-in-custody-fbi

The question now is ; where is Chibuzor
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by Springboot: 8:17pm On Aug 02, 2021
airsaylongcome:

That's aside E2EE that whatsapp provides. These chats were retrieved from HushBingo phone where decryption had occurred. Although we cannot rule out the existence of a "backdoor" for whatsapp as their source code isn't in the public domain for scrutiny. Good to see another IT Geek who knows how these secure messaging apps work

Excellent point.
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by hollywater: 8:23pm On Aug 02, 2021
nairavsdollars:
I believe FBI. If they can investigate and deal with Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini, who is Abba Kyari
The Aboki still doesn't understand how FBI works. If they like, they can protect him till 2023,one thing is sure.Abba Kyari will still go to jail.
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by tundess: 8:32pm On Aug 02, 2021
erico2k2:

where did ibori comit his crime again?

In Nigeria, yet laundered the proceeds through foreign (mainly UK) banks, with the aide of his corrupt solicitors in the UK.
He then compounded his problem by running to Dubai, after GEJ's govt declared him wanted, where he was arrested and extradited to the UK.
Have you perhaps thought that Hushpuppi has given details which implicate Kyari as having received the monies paid to him directly from the swindle he did in the US ?
It's pretty obvious that the FBI has a sack full of evidence that they haven't publically revealed yet.
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by 27Pushing30: 9:12pm On Aug 02, 2021
lexy2014:

Based on d above, it shouldn't be a problem for Kyari to into d US, visit d office of FBI, state his own side of d story and clear his name. Is it that difficult? After all, he is a "highly decorated cop". He shouldn't be intimidated by d FBI

Why should he? Is he based in the US? A US citizen? On the payroll of the US Govt?

Explain why he is answerable to the US?
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by 27Pushing30: 9:13pm On Aug 02, 2021
ArcFresky:

What jargon are you spewing.
Crime that scammed Qatari business man by using a US bank from a Nigerian laptop is a local crime...?

Are you that daft or are you blinded by your ignorance?

He is an accessory to the crime, because he aided the crime by detaining an accomplice and even benefited by accepting money to detain the said accomplice..
Lol please show me where they proved he is an accessory/accomplice to the said crime?

Point out ONE line linking him to the scam?
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by mechanics(m): 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2021
haslaw:

He will be together with criminal Allen Onyema

The way he lost credibility by protecting criminal Allen Onyema from going to US to face trial.

The way criminal Allen Onyema accepted the wrong that he did.

The way criminal Allen Onyema boarded the next flight to US to clear his name.
Which wrong did Mr Allen Onyema committed?
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by 27Pushing30: 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2021
erico2k2:

where did ibori comit his crime again?
Ibori’s crimes were committed in the UK and Nigeria

Same as Equatorial Guinea president Whose crimes were carried out at home and in France

You get now?
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by 27Pushing30: 9:17pm On Aug 02, 2021
tundess:
@27Pushing30
I am not a lawyer but as I understand it, "willful blindness cannot be the basis of exculpation." Especially for a law enforcement officer.
Besides, Kyari has committed various procedural offences himself contrary to established police doctrine( eg arresting a person without due process and investigation) and called into question his integrity by the context of his communications with Hushpuppi.
All his explanations are post exposure and self-serving. You can be certain that the FBI has corroborated Hushpuppi's claims by obtaining transfer records etc.
Kyari needn't be an "active" member of a fraud syndicate but he was aware a fraud was being perpetrated. He has, in his defence, said so himself.

FGN are now on the spot. They can choose to obfuscate and risk a complete breakdown of relations with an important international partner bc of protecting a corrupt officer or concede and allow for the interrogation of Kyari by FBI agents in Nigeria, or, allow/encourage him to go to the US to defend himself with the pledge that he will be reinstated should he be cleared of any wrongdoing, or, prosecute Kyari and dismiss him themselves.
I agree with you that Kyari's extradition is unlikely to happen bc the jurisdiction of his offences is Nigeria, not the US and as you correctly point out, his misdemeanours involve, broadly, abuse of office.

Keyword willful now have they proved willful blindness?
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by 27Pushing30: 9:19pm On Aug 02, 2021
mp3ree:

You should should try and understand that number 2 is the main issue.

Which of the number 2’s? Cos no international element

And US HAS NO JURISDICTION IN number two (local)
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by 27Pushing30: 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2021
Laboni:
He knew that a crime was going on and he aided and abated the crime, stop talking like a kid..

Can you prove he knew? Or is it just conjecture?

Courts do not recognize conjectures
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by 27Pushing30: 9:26pm On Aug 02, 2021
erico2k2:

i am a graduate and more so from a Uk Univercity about 17 years ago and still work in the UK, that answers your 1st part of your question
I employ you to please look up the meaning of proceeds of crime.Just cos law enforcement is in shambles in Nigeria does not mean that such laws do not exist.
if I am a 419 in total and I have £800k in my account and my bank statement shows I transferred monies to 8 people you beating amongst, Where the funds in my bank had been defined as proceeds of crimes, you who received money from me would have to show what the money you received from me is meant for if you cant you are now termed as receiving part of proceeds of crime. This is what forensic investigation and the evidence does, something the vast majority of yal do not know. It does not end there, since the money is not clean money the means of it getting to our police is now termed as laundering.ASK yourself this, why do you think IBORI was jailed in the UK when the offense committed was in Nigeria??

You are actually answering your own question .. he was paid for a service.

Whether the story he told or the story FBI dey yarn he rendered a service ... an illegal service under Nigerian law for which he shall face the consequences

My own take is FBI hasn’t proven he KNEW the origin of the funds he was to receive

As for IBORI he was jailed for money laundering and theft ... crimes he committed in the UK (where he tried to keep the money . It will interest you to know ibori hasn’t been tried for his offenses committed in Nigeria . Sad

Same with the Equatorial Guinean VP facing wahala in France
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by walexy06(m): 9:38pm On Aug 02, 2021
hAbba, why did you Kyari the money like that?
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 02, 2021
27Pushing30:

Ibori’s crimes were committed in the UK and Nigeria

Same as Equatorial Guinea president Whose crimes were carried out at home and in France

You get now?
Wait until you read the extradition agreement with the Americans. Backing evil, living in the dungeon.

2 Likes

Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 02, 2021
abba kyari is a disgrace! has brought shame to nigeria
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by haslaw(m): 10:29pm On Aug 02, 2021
mechanics:
Which wrong did Mr Allen Onyema committed?

Allen Onyema didn't do any wrong oooo.

In fact he is a "Saint" it just that he is being wanted by the FBI in the US for his crimes which includes identity theft, falsifying documents and laundering over $20million.

Come to think of it is not possible for an Igbo man to commit a crime. All Igbos are saints

Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by 27Pushing30: 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2021
nowhere:

Wait until you read the extradition agreement with the Americans. Backing evil, living in the dungeon.

Lol we aren’t under colonial rule
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 02, 2021
27Pushing30:

Lol we aren’t under colonial rule
Na him Kenya deliver for you and you are begging Benin Rep for another?
Re: Abba Kyari Collected N8 Million From Hushpuppi To Jail Chibuzor - Gazette by mechanics(m): 10:53pm On Aug 02, 2021
haslaw:

Allen Onyema didn't do any wrong oooo.

In fact he is a "Saint" it just that he is being wanted by the FBI in the US for his crimes which includes identity theft, falsifying documents and laundering over $20million.

Come to think of it is not possible for an Igbo man to commit a crime. All Igbos are saints
I thought his case has been settled, you can't compare the issue with Mr Allen Onyema and Mr Kyari, according to Mr Allen Onyema, he followed due process in acquiring the aeroplanes but maybe during the transactions, there was an issue, but in the case of Abba Kyari, he knows someone is a fraudster and he's still making friendship with him, despite being a police officer and holding a sensitive position in the force, maybe to him, he thought the secrets won't be made open, like the former APC legal adviser said, if he does not have skeleton in his cupboard, he can turn himself up and defend his innocence.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu And Wife In Throw Back Picture / Fayose Bows To Kumuyi, Says I'll Soon Be At Peace.. / South-East Governors And Their Families (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.