Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. (10108 Views)

Discovery Vue Journal / Complete Autocad Shortcuts 3D And 2D Commands Keys In PDF / Bitcoin Private Key Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Melanin07(m): 8:16pm On Aug 02, 2021
The Hash value of an ethereum and a Bitcoin transaction is actually a PRIVATE KEY of an account.

Hi, am Dennis Abari. Am a cyber security analyst. While doing some analysis on ethereum virtual machine (EVM) , I discovered something quite interesting. The hash of an ethereum transaction is a private key. I later tried it on Bitcoin. The result was the same. All this while, we have been staring at lots of private keys from different address transaction histories without taking note.

To test my hypothesis more. I searched for top ETH account addresses by balance. I picked one of them. I search the address on etherscan.

The ETH address search returned a log of all transaction history associated with the address. Each transaction had a hash.

I took the hash, went to myetherwallet.com, clicked on access wallet, import using private key. I paste the hash from above and clicked on import. Boom. I got acesss to the wallet. Don't worry, the account balance was zero. The funds have already been sent to another wallet. (You can view that from the log of the transaction history I talk about early on).

I also went to live.blockcypher.com to experiment. I took another ethereum address and searched. It returns a long list of transaction history. I clicked on advance details, API calls. It returned a JSON file. I scrolled down to "spent by" and "hash" values.

I copied one of the "spent by value" and a hash value and opened my trust wallet. Clicked on I already have a wallet, import using private key.

I paste one of the values from above and boom. I was in. I have gotten access to the account.

I did the same for Bitcoin, I got access to all the account using the hash value (Private key).

I searched for top ETH miners and used their address to get hashes too and got access to all I tried. It seems the hashes are accounts (private keys) that have done some transactions with that particular crypto address.

Would appreciate your feedbacks on this. Experiment and tell me what you see.

You can also hit me up via my personal email: {AbariDennis@outlook.com}
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Don4eva(m): 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2021
angry
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by zickyclef: 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2021
Don4eva:
angry

Guy u serious.
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Don4eva(m): 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2021
zickyclef:

Guy u serious.

Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Goldbw122(m): 8:46pm On Aug 02, 2021
Hmm
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Melanin07(m): 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2021
If I will give this my discovery a name, I think a good one will be.

Blockchain biggest dark secret.

Please don't use this to hack people's account. A private key gives you the ability to use the money inside a wallet.

Knowledge is power but
With great power comes great responsibilities.
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Melanin07(m): 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2021
This discovery means a lot.

1. For example if you send someone money using cryptocurrrncy or receive crypto into your account.

Your wallet private keys are now published on the blockchain. Your private keys are in your transactions history for anyone with crypto experience to access.

2. If you have built a smart country or a DAO either on Ethereum, polygon or binance smart chain.
Anytime your contract receives or send crypto, the users keys are noe public inside transaction history.

The implications are endless. Don't be evil
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by SUPERPACK: 9:40pm On Aug 02, 2021
If it is that easy why not go and hack Binance hot wallet with 100,000 BTC in it. You can also try and hack Bitfinex or SpaceX hot wallet too. Satoshi is not that dumb.

3 Likes

Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Shellsploit: 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2021
lol.. make i no just talk wetin dey my mind.
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 02, 2021
This is very very unlikely.
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Melanin07(m): 10:31pm On Aug 02, 2021
SUPERPACK:
If it is that easy why not go and hack Binance hot wallet with 100,000 BTC in it. You can also try and hack Bitfinex or SpaceX hot wallet too. Satoshi is not that dumb.

You can't get direct private key of a wallet using this. You can only view transactions history of an address and hashes (private keys) of accounts that did some transaction with it.

For example, if I give you my ethereum or Bitcoin address. You can't directly get my private key using this method but you can get private keys of accounts, miner pools, DAO, smart contracts, liquidity pool private keys that did transactions with me.

To access all this people funds, you will have have to manually import every hash which is a private key into a wallet to view balances and access accounts
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Melanin07(m): 10:47pm On Aug 02, 2021
Here is a link to all Ethereum private keys

https://privatekeys.pw/keys/ethereum/1
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by 10kgod(m): 6:11am On Aug 03, 2021
Omo... I no Wan try this. This is bad if it's true. But why are you leaking this kind of info?
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by highbreedtech(m): 3:43pm On Aug 03, 2021
SUPERPACK:

Abi grin
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by highbreedtech(m): 3:46pm On Aug 03, 2021
10kgod:
Omo... I no Wan try this. This is bad if it's true. But why are you leaking this kind of info?

imagine a black man like you thinking this information is Genuine grin, you think the Russians and the Chinese doesn't need Bitcoin too? if truly the information is Vital Bitcoin would have been in trouble since the day one of its launch grin tongue tongue CryptoGraphic Method for Coins is something or process you can never reverse to get Vital Information or useful Result, It's Juju!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Melanin07(m): 6:53pm On Aug 03, 2021
Why am I doing this Ot leaking this.
First if all,
1. Am a cyber security analyst , blockchain developer and an Ethical hacker. It my job to educate the public on any IT flaw, security measure, zero days and loop holes.

We are governed by strong morale principle that why it called 'Ethical hacking".

2. Someone said "Am a black man why am I doing this"... Let me correct you. Black people are not criminals. Stop stereotyping black race. We are very intelligent enough to make discoveries.

3. Thirdly, am building a crypto company. An autonomous decentralized organization on binanacr smart chain and ethereum (polygon layer 2). So, am curious about blockchain and ethereum virtual machine and how everything works Ok.

4. There are more private keys in ethereum and Bitcoin than the whole grains of sand on earth .
5. This my discovery is jot about Bitcoin, it how the blockchains are implemented. It has to do with asymmetric encryption (cryptography)... Those that study computer science will understand what I mean.

6. Am a researcher. I love making discoveries in computer science. Mind you. That was not the only thing I discovered that day too.

That same day, I found out it was possible to manipulate price parameters on one airline website (name withheld for security measures)

So my brothers. CD is wide and ethereum is so amazing I would advise anyone to learn note about it and build crypto companies from your knowledge.

Please feel free to ask any question
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Melanin07(m): 7:00pm On Aug 03, 2021
10kgod:
Please a word of advice. Don't develop this mindset"I no wan try this". You can never discover anything.

Experiment. Try this yourself. The step by step process is simple. Confirm it yourself that hash valued in Ethereum, Bitcoin. Litecoin, dash etc are private keys!

Confirm this for yourself before you jump into conclusion. That makes your info reliable and authoritative.

Blockchain transactions be it ethereum, Bitcoin or litecoin is all open to the public.

There is no juju here. Everything is public. That's why it decentralized. It a public ledger system.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by fascia(m): 9:48am On Aug 04, 2021
Actually to my surprise the information you gave was correct .i was able to login to an account using the hash as private key. But all the accounts had zero balance grin

I still don't get how the block chain works. I get we have private key, public key, hash that encypt each transaction which are recorded in a block. Yet the process is not yet clear to me..

I suspect what you discovered might be a feature rather than a loophole, I don't know.

I will try to read and understand blockchain better to give a better and reasonable insight.

Nice one by the way.
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by highbreedtech(m): 8:00pm On Aug 04, 2021
fascia:
Actually to my surprise the information you gave was correct .i was able to login to an account using the hash as private key. But all the accounts had zero balance grin

I still don't get how the block chain works. I get we have private key, public key, hash that encypt each transaction which are recorded in a block. Yet the process is not yet clear to me..

I suspect what you discovered might be a feature rather than a loophole, I don't know.

I will try to read and understand blockchain better to give a better and reasonable insight.

Nice one by the way.

bro you forgot every Private key and Public keys are coming from different Path/Index? eg: 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 to end, if you are a blockchain developer you will understand better, no how you can use that has to access any account, when you are signing Transaction you will use PrivateKey which serve and Authenticator + your PubKey signing transaction on Blockchain Network will ask your Private and Public key to for another Key which will be broadcasted to the network, so you are not seeing the person Private Key, its a Pseudo PrivateKey.
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Melanin07(m): 12:46am On Aug 05, 2021
Did further research and found out that any 64 character comprising of numbers and letter a, b, c, d ,e, f is a private key.
This wasn't a loophole. They are private keys on their own because they could fit into how ethereum private formats are!
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Nobody: 5:54am On Aug 05, 2021
Mumu.. Learner
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by fascia(m): 8:33am On Aug 05, 2021
highbreedtech:

bro you forgot every Private key and Public keys are coming from different Path/Index? eg: 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 to end, if you are a blockchain developer you will understand better, no how you can use that has to access any account, when you are signing Transaction you will use PrivateKey which serve and Authenticator + your PubKey signing transaction on Blockchain Network will ask your Private and Public key to for another Key which will be broadcasted to the network, so you are not seeing the person Private Key, its a Pseudo PrivateKey.

Like I said, I'm still wrapping my head around Blockchain of a thing.
Thanks for the clarification though.

So you mean the hash that the op is talking about is just a combination of the persons private and public key ?

Can anyone recommend a beginner resource for how Blockchain works
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Rick423: 6:13pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hi, I just recently started to study cryptocurrency and what is bitcoin, do you think there are platforms where I can exchange my bitcoin without stress and make money on it?
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Wresaha: 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
I always dreamed of becoming a successful person and promoting my business, but I didn't succeed. I started looking on the internet for a way to make some passive income, to invest money and receive it afterwards, and I found a project like this, called Immediate Edge website. How do you think this site can be trusted? I studied it and liked the live reviews of people who have already used it.
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by Ninethree: 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2022
But is there a way to get the funds from the account ?
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by rave1047: 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2022
This OP is very funny, I no wan laugh abeg.
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by youngdave78(m): 6:40am On Oct 29, 2022
all the address are empty
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by youngdave78(m): 10:19am On Oct 30, 2022
Melanin07:
The Hash value of an ethereum and a Bitcoin transaction is actually a PRIVATE KEY of an account.

Hi, am Dennis Abari. Am a cyber security analyst. While doing some analysis on ethereum virtual machine (EVM) , I discovered something quite interesting. The hash of an ethereum transaction is a private key. I later tried it on Bitcoin. The result was the same. All this while, we have been staring at lots of private keys from different address transaction histories without taking note.

To test my hypothesis more. I searched for top ETH account addresses by balance. I picked one of them. I search the address on etherscan.

The ETH address search returned a log of all transaction history associated with the address. Each transaction had a hash.

I took the hash, went to myetherwallet.com, clicked on access wallet, import using private key. I paste the hash from above and clicked on import. Boom. I got acesss to the wallet. Don't worry, the account balance was zero. The funds have already been sent to another wallet. (You can view that from the log of the transaction history I talk about early on).

I also went to live.blockcypher.com to experiment. I took another ethereum address and searched. It returns a long list of transaction history. I clicked on advance details, API calls. It returned a JSON file. I scrolled down to "spent by" and "hash" values.

I copied one of the "spent by value" and a hash value and opened my trust wallet. Clicked on I already have a wallet, import using private key.

I paste one of the values from above and boom. I was in. I have gotten access to the account.

I did the same for Bitcoin, I got access to all the account using the hash value (Private key).

I searched for top ETH miners and used their address to get hashes too and got access to all I tried. It seems the hashes are accounts (private keys) that have done some transactions with that particular crypto address.

Would appreciate your feedbacks on this. Experiment and tell me what you see.

You can also hit me up via my personal email: {AbariDennis@outlook.com}

teach me
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by davien(m): 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2022
Private key scam.

They give you private keys with some crypto in it you try to put transaction fee in to withdraw and a contract call withdraws your crypto instead.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by izmir: 11:26pm On Dec 08, 2022
How this is possible? I try this and the same i get into the wallets but balance running 0. How to get balances? Thank you
Re: Shocking Discovery: Bitcoin Private Keys Are The Transaction Hashes You See. by valzey(m): 12:19am On Dec 10, 2022
izmir:
How this is possible? I try this and the same i get into the wallets but balance running 0. How to get balances? Thank you

Don't bother, any good combination of characters can be a private key which can be imported. Those are not people's accounts just transaction hashes that happens to match a private key format.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Working Long Hours / Let's Build A Mobile App For Your Businesses, Websites & Blogs / Which Is Recommended For IT Startup? Mikrotik Vs Cisco (MTCNA Vs CCNA)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.