Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') (31746 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ Is May 21, 2011? / May 21, 2011 Is The Judgment Day Of Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:23am On May 21, 2011
i hear trumpets *but tis frm a church*
mscheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew,
Camping ko sampling ni, EFCC suppose carry am,
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Sike(m): 10:26am On May 21, 2011
Holla at my friend.
Already 'Chillin with my God',
Signing out live and direct from HEAVEN, dont get it twisted!
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by mrmayor(m): 10:32am On May 21, 2011
[size=13pt]Atheists Scheduling May 21st 'Rapture Parties'[/size]

BY ERIK HAYDENMAY 18, 2011
This weekend, a confused elderly pastor will marshal his worldwide band of followers for judgment day while bored atheists plan theoretical good-riddance "Rapture parties" to mark the non-event. May 21st is shaping up to be quite a day even if 6 p.m. on Saturday doesn't mark a rolling apocalypse through every time zone.

As the Associated Press noted, there are now 175,000+ people in a sarcastically self-explanatory Facebook group called "Post Rapture Looting" where skeptics hoping to "pick up some sweet stereo equipment" will be able to presumably pillage at their leisure after Harold followers disappear into thin air. "It's not meant to be insulting, but come on, Christians are openly scoffing at this," said one quoted humanist organizer of a different, but still sarcastic, North Carolina event.

Other--ostensibly kind-hearted but merely just enterprising--atheists are looking to cash in on gullible Family Radio followers. Two weeks ago, the Washington Post noted a service called Eternal Earth-Bound Pets USA, which takes care of cats and dogs of Christians in the event of a sudden Rapture--for an upfront fee, naturally.

The exploits of the Family Radio broadcaster have mostly provoked amusement outside true believers. But it's too bad that when everyone is bored with the meme on May 23rd, there will be people out there who will have lost their life savings in anticipation of a lie. One retired subway worker who became infatuated with Camping's teachings spent $140,000 of his retirement on billboards to spread the news. When asked by the New York Post what he'd do when the world doesn't end he replied, "I don't want to think about it."

That response displayed the same stubborn determination as Camping has exhibited in numerous interviews.[b] Except that Harold Camping isn't parting with his savings anytime soon. [/b]The broadcaster made this remark when asked whether he'd give his money away: "what's the point?" That's the most believable thing he's said yet.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2011/05/atheists-planning-rapture-party-may-21st/37890/
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Nobody: 10:41am On May 21, 2011
Can't see my neigbhours again
cry
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by tlops(m): 11:10am On May 21, 2011
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

We should be grateful for another day and hopefully when that day finally comes we should be found worthy of the upward calling!
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by kelvin(m): 11:12am On May 21, 2011
Maybe the world won't end until midnight, maybe it has ended and we were left behind.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by spiro4real(f): 11:25am On May 21, 2011
The Rapture, d believers hope. It's important dat we be ready to meet Him The questn is: Are u in CHRIST? If u r, then u v no cause to be afraid of anythng. If u r in christ den u r one of d many believers d Lord is coming to recieve unto Himsef. If however u r not, u v to gve ur heart to Christ rite away by confessing Him as ur Lord n Savior. God bless u n i lv u al.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by 190: 11:34am On May 21, 2011
shocked shocked

and i had 2 ask the girl comin 2 f[i]u[/i]ck me yesterday to postpone her visit just cos of rapture

now shes actin up and refusin 2 com angry
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Nobody: 11:37am On May 21, 2011
just came ack from the club, bout to have sum good sleep and drink
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by spiro4real(f): 11:45am On May 21, 2011
The Rapture, d believers hope. It's important dat we be ready to meet Him The questn is: Are u in CHRIST? If u r, then u v no cause to be afraid of anythng. If u r in christ den u r one of d many believers d Lord is coming to recieve unto Himsef. If however u r not, u v to gve ur heart to Christ rite away by confessing Him as ur Lord n Savior. God bless u n i lv u al.
spiro4real:

The Rapture, d believers hope. It's important dat we be ready to meet Him The questn is: Are u in CHRIST? If u r, then u v no cause to be afraid of anythng. If u r in christ den u r one of d many believers d Lord is coming to recieve unto Himsef. If however u r not, u v to gve your heart to Christ rite away by confessing Him as your Lord n Savior. God bless u n i lv u al.
d lord is knocking at ur heart nw to recieve hm. 'moro mite b too late,remember
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Nobody: 11:49am On May 21, 2011
The bible did not say that anyone will know the day even our Lord Jesus Christ said that he does not know only our father who is in heaven knows please don't let anyone deceive you stand your ground keep the faith and continue to run the race God the Father help you. Your continuity matters and it will help you in the days of trouble and adversity. Pray for a better Christian Community, May they prosper who love you.

Ecclesiastes, A Member of the Christian Community,

the.christian.community@groups.facebook.com for more comments,
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by OmichaelO: 11:53am On May 21, 2011
ITS ALMOST 22TH MAY IN NEW ZEALAND NOTHING HAS HAPPENED!!! Maybe Jesus is following Honlulu time!!!
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by Nobody: 11:54am On May 21, 2011
My rapture. .

Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by evamathis: 12:03pm On May 21, 2011
Ya'll need to slow down with the scoffing
The time has been revised
I read its now 12midnight jerusalem time
So slow your roll and watch
Heres some extra time for those of us "unsure" of ourselves to keep asking for
Mercy and hoping we  make heaven
I cant shout o!!!
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by kpofkpof: 12:22pm On May 21, 2011
J12:

My rapture. .

This is hilarious
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by bandely(m): 12:23pm On May 21, 2011
Relax, I just confirm say Hold up dey for heaven right now. The 'heavenly traffic' plenty, so Bros J go soon show lol.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by mrofficial(m): 1:15pm On May 21, 2011
J12:

My rapture. .

Now, that's funny. cheesy
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by sizzlers(m): 1:34pm On May 21, 2011
Today never finish angry angry angry shocked
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by 190: 1:45pm On May 21, 2011
bandely:

Relax, I just confirm say Hold up dey for heaven right now. The 'heavenly traffic' plenty, so Bros J go soon show lol.

smh undecided
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by shollyboy2: 1:51pm On May 21, 2011
still waiting for it to end,
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by kandiikane(m): 2:23pm On May 21, 2011
lol@J12

My rapture was a spiritual alignment. I had a tiny view of heaven, in 5 months I shall be there.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by infohenry(m): 2:59pm On May 21, 2011
May be we should wait a little longer.
Even cnn was not left out in the rapture frenzy
http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/05/20/han.doomsday.new.cnn?hpt=C2
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by scopusng(m): 3:19pm On May 21, 2011
Just got this, 2012 end of the world. Chei na waoooo.

http://mayancalendar2012.org/2012/2012-end-of-the-world.html
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by chagga(m): 3:37pm On May 21, 2011
If you believe the WORLD will end tomorrow, your World ended Today !!! No #Man knows the hour !!!MC Hammer!
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by beespak7(m): 4:55pm On May 21, 2011
Men nothing spoil
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by lovelyS(m): 5:06pm On May 21, 2011
Its 5.PM, ANYBODY HERE !
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by birdman(m): 5:10pm On May 21, 2011
Shuo! I'm still here, I hear some people are missing already. Time to run for the hills.
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by scopusng(m): 5:16pm On May 21, 2011
Apocalypse not now: The Rapture fails to materialise

Christian doomsday prophet Harold Camping had predicted the world would end at 6pm on Saturday

Christian doomsday prophet Harold Camping looks likely to be less than rapturous after his prediction that the world would end on Saturday failed to materialise.

The 89-year-old Californian preacher had prophesied that the Rapture would begin at 6pm in each of the world's time zones, with those "saved" by Jesus ascending to heaven and the non-believers being wiped out by an earthquake rolling from city to city across the planet.

But as the deadline for the Apocalypse passed in the Pacific islands, New Zealand and Australia, it became apparent that Camping's prediction of the end of the world was to end not with a bang but with a whimper.

Only on Twitter did the supposed Armageddon sweep the world, with users expressing their mock disappointment at the lack of dead people rising from their graves.

New Zealander Daniel Boerman tweeted: "I'm from New Zealand, it is 6:06PM, the world has NOT ended. No earthquakes here, all waiting for the rapture can relax for now. #Rapture"

In Australia, Jon Gall of Melbourne was unimpressed by the lack of fire and brimstone. He tweeted: "#Rapture time here in Melbourne. A rather quiet sort of rapture if you ask me.

"Well we have had the #Rapture going for 50 minutes now. So far it hasn't interrupted my fish & chips and glass of stout."

In Brisbane, KillaJeules, was similarly disappointed by the lack of a Hollywood blockbuster ending: "So it's 6:37pm here in Brisbane, Australia. No earthquakes. No beaming up of Christians. No zombie apocalypse. No surprises haha."

Camping, a retired civil engineer, has built a multimillion-dollar, non-profit ministry based on his apocalyptic predictions. He previously predicted that the world would end in 1994. It is difficult to know how many of his followers took his latest prophecy seriously, though his Family Radio Worldwide reaches millions of listeners in the US and around the world.

Some have reportedly sold all their possessions and taken to the streets to warn people to prepare for the second coming of Jesus. In recent weeks, callers to Christian radio stations in the US have debated what to do about non-believing friends and neighbours who will be left behind to endure the wrath of God.

But it looks like it will be atheists and other skeptics celebrating this weekend, with tongue-in-cheek doomsday parties planned across the US.

TV scientist Professor Brian Cox summed up the mood of the non-believers. He tweeted: "I think we should all pretend the #rapture is happening so that when Harold Camping gets left behind later today he'll be livid."

But Kieran Healy had a slightly more comforting message for those disappointed at not joining Jesus: "I guess on Sunday when the #Rapture people feel really upset, we can't console them by saying 'Cheer up, it's not the end of the world.'"
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by White007(m): 5:24pm On May 21, 2011
kandiikane:

lol@J12

My rapture was a spiritual alignment. I had a tiny view of heaven, in 5 months I shall be there.

Be careful of what you wish for!
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by kandiikane(m): 5:27pm On May 21, 2011
White007:

Be careful of what you wish for!
You don't want to go to heaven?
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by kandiikane(m): 5:31pm On May 21, 2011
@the post scopusing made. That preacher is has not read the bible. How can the rapture happen take people and then the rest will die from a massive earthquake, when majority of the prophecies in the bible have not occurred.

Have they cancelled the revelation of the Anti-Christ?
Re: World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') by coolusman: 5:53pm On May 21, 2011
THe WORLD NEVA COME TO AN END OOOO! WETIN HAPPEN, ABI NO FIRE AGAIN FOR AMERICA? I WANT 2 GO 2 HEAVEN NW FA!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Facts About Orisa Aje: The Goddess Of Wealth & Prosperity - / 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution / Nsukka Catholic Bishop Vs Fr Obayi: ‘don’t Exceed Your Boundary’ – Mbaka Fumes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.