Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,354 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Strange Reasons For Honour Killings In Turkey - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Strange Reasons For Honour Killings In Turkey (1990 Views)

Status And Honour Of Mother In Islam / Reasons For The Forbidance Of Celebrating The Prophet Birthday By Shaykh Salih F / In Honour Of Muslims That Lost Their Lives In Dana Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Strange Reasons For Honour Killings In Turkey by hymen(f): 3:33pm On May 16, 2011
I honestly thought Turkey was one of the more liberal muslim countries,until I came across this :

Some listed reasons for honour killing of a woman by a male family memberĀ  include :

[size=13pt]1. The woman getting herself r@ped undecided
2. Eloping with a boyfriend to escape an arranged marriage. embarassed
3.www.Bianet.org cited the case of a man who last year killed his wife and daughters because he had a dream that they were taking off their clothes. shocked shocked
4.Women have also been killed for failing to feed animals or
5.For buying a new dress. sad
6. Some women have even been killed for speaking to foreigners angry
7.A few have been killed for calling a radio station to request a song. cheesy
[/size]
Sad indeed.
Re: Strange Reasons For Honour Killings In Turkey by LagosShia: 4:05pm On May 16, 2011
hymen:

I honestly thought Turkey was one of the more liberal muslim countries,until I came across this

it is indeed laughable that anything good about Muslims and Muslim countries is not attributed to Islam by the non-muslim.but anything foolish and nonsense carried out by any Muslim even non-practicing and secular ones is straightaway attributed to Islam.

this so called honor killing got no place in Islam.in Islam only a court with a just judge has the right to pass judgement or sentence anyone to death.what they are practicing in Turkey whether in terms of the so called "liberalism" talked of or the so called "honor killings" is not islamic-its Turkish!

i guess this is the wrong forum to post this topic.maybe it would be best to find out in a turkish forum.
Re: Strange Reasons For Honour Killings In Turkey by hymen(f): 9:57am On May 17, 2011
^^^^Ok mate. You made your point. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Happy Eid Kabir To All Muslims. Drop Your Wishes / Egypt Teacher Cuts Hair Of Schoolgirls For Not Wearing Muslim Hijab / What To Do On The Day Of Eid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.