Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

The Culture Of Corruption, Stealing And Bribery Is Very Un-christlike - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Culture Of Corruption, Stealing And Bribery Is Very Un-christlike (388 Views)

It Is Un-christlike For Christians To Pray For The Death Of Their Enemies / Ex-Knight Accuses Bishop Ibezim Of Corruption, Gets Arrested / Bishop Oyedepo On Bribery: I Will Make Sure You Lose Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Culture Of Corruption, Stealing And Bribery Is Very Un-christlike by cooltola(m): 8:38pm On Aug 04, 2021
You see when you go to Murtala Muhammad Airport and major Nigeria institution , it seems everyone in power or has influence is there for bribery and looting. With the very high numbers of Churches in Nigeria, it appears that sermons preached on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday, Saturday and everywhere is not being practiced generally. The message of the gospel cannot be avoid if you stay in certain areas of Nigeria but it appears no one is even listen to a particular verse of Thou Shalt not steal. From the numerous police checkpoints who force ordinary citizens to pay or the car get seized to the elected citizens looting at national level- What happened to Christians taking a stand against such practice
467. Not to steal money stealthily (Leviticus 19:11)
468. The court must implement punitive measures against the thief (Exodus 21:37)
469. Each individual must ensure that his scales and weights are accurate (Leviticus 19:36)
470. Not to commit injustice with scales and weights (Leviticus 19:35)
471. Not to possess inaccurate scales and weights even if they are not for use (Deuteronomy 25:13)
472. Not to move a boundary marker to steal someone's property (Deuteronomy 19:14)
473. Not to kidnap (Exodus 20:13)
474. Not to rob openly (Leviticus 19:13)
475. Not to withhold wages or fail to repay a debt (Leviticus 19:13)
476. Not to covet and scheme to acquire another's possession (Exodus 20:14)
477. Not to desire another's possession (Deuteronomy 5:18)
478. Return the robbed object or its value (Leviticus 5:23)
479. Not to ignore a lost object (Deuteronomy 22:3)
480. Return the lost object (Deuteronomy 22:1)
481. The court must implement laws against the one who assaults another or damages another's property (Exodus 21:cool

We cannot move forward as a nation if everyone expect this as a normal behavior. As Christian , we should not engaged and should encourage each other not to disobey God's Commandment.
If you love me , you will keep my commandment say the Lord
Re: The Culture Of Corruption, Stealing And Bribery Is Very Un-christlike by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:58pm On Aug 04, 2021
This is not what many want to hear or admit but it's the obvious truth.

The church is very culpable in the bribery, stealing, and corruption taking place in the nation, hence if things are going to change in that respect, the church has an important role to play.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Culture Of Corruption, Stealing And Bribery Is Very Un-christlike by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2021
cooltola:
The message of the gospel cannot be avoid if you stay in certain areas of Nigeria but it appears no one is even listen to a particular verse of Thou Shalt not steal. From the numerous police checkpoints who force ordinary citizens to pay or the car get seized to the elected citizens looting at national level- What happened to Christians taking a stand against such practice
467. Not to steal money stealthily (Leviticus 19:11)
468. The court must implement punitive measures against the thief (Exodus 21:37)
469. Each individual must ensure that his scales and weights are accurate (Leviticus 19:36)
470. Not to commit injustice with scales and weights (Leviticus 19:35)
471. Not to possess inaccurate scales and weights even if they are not for use (Deuteronomy 25:13)
472. Not to move a boundary marker to steal someone's property (Deuteronomy 19:14)
473. Not to kidnap (Exodus 20:13)
474. Not to rob openly (Leviticus 19:13)
475. Not to withhold wages or fail to repay a debt (Leviticus 19:13)
476. Not to covet and scheme to acquire another's possession (Exodus 20:14)
477. Not to desire another's possession (Deuteronomy 5:18)
478. Return the robbed object or its value (Leviticus 5:23)
479. Not to ignore a lost object (Deuteronomy 22:3)
480. Return the lost object (Deuteronomy 22:1)
481. The court must implement laws against the one who assaults another or damages another's property (Exodus 21:cool

We cannot move forward as a nation if everyone expect this as a normal behavior. As Christian , we should not engaged and should encourage each other not to disobey God's Commandment.
If you love me , you will keep my commandment say the Lord
What has the message of the Gospel to do with what is written in the book of Exodus and Leviticus, books written for those who are under a different agreement as instituted by God Himself for His promise of the land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20? undecided

How can you move forward as own who claims to believe in Jesus Christ if you are not even able to differentiate the Old Wine/Covenant from the New Wine/Covenant since you continue to mix them both against God's very own commandment, this as taught us also by Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: The Culture Of Corruption, Stealing And Bribery Is Very Un-christlike by cooltola(m): 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What has the message of the Gospel to do with what is written in the book of Exodus and Leviticus, books written for those who are under a different agreement as instituted by God Himself for His promise of the land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20? undecided

How can you move forward as own who claims to believe in Jesus Christ if you are not even able to differentiate the Old Wine/Covenant from the New Wine/Covenant since you continue to mix them both against God's very own commandment, this as taught us also by Jesus Christ? undecided
Is 10 commandments not relevant to the Christians today? Should the Old Testament not be applicable to Christianity today? Stealing is wrong both in the old testament and new testament
Re: The Culture Of Corruption, Stealing And Bribery Is Very Un-christlike by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Aug 04, 2021
cooltola:

Is 10 commandments not relevant to the Christians today? Should the Old Testament not be applicable to Christianity today? Stealing is wrong both in the old testament and new testament
1. The 10 comandments were never relevant to Christianity as Jesus Christ gave us a new set of laws altogether from the Old Law - that only applied to those who were born of the blood of Jacob. undecided

2. It's not a question of should the Old Covenant not be applicable today but a fact that it was never applicable to Christianity from the very beginning. undecided

3. Jesus Christ gave us a new set of laws , a standard different from that of the Old Covenant, so do not assume that laws which appear as part of the old also feature in in New Covenant. For one, the Old Covenant has 613 laws in total whereas the New Covenant has just about 60 or more laws, but significantly lighter burden than the Old. undecided
Re: The Culture Of Corruption, Stealing And Bribery Is Very Un-christlike by cooltola(m): 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. The 10 comandments were never relevant to Christianity as Jesus Christ gave us a new set of laws altogether from the Old Law - that only applied to those who were born of the blood of Jacob. undecided

2. It's not a question of should the Old Covenant not be applicable today but a fact that it was never applicable to Christianity from the very beginning. undecided

3. Jesus Christ gave us a new set of laws , a standard different from that of the Old Covenant, so do not assume that laws which appear as part of the old also feature in in New Covenant. For one, the Old Covenant has 613 laws in total whereas the New Covenant has just about 60 or more laws, but significantly lighter burden than the Old. undecided

Watch this if you can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mQKqY-XGKI - This summarize my point
Re: The Culture Of Corruption, Stealing And Bribery Is Very Un-christlike by Kobojunkie: 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
cooltola:

Watch this if you can

I want to quote Romans 10:4 but I know you will question the verse because it was written by Apostle Paul so I will quote Matthew 5:18. I will end my discussion.
Matthew 5 vs 18 does not tell you that Jesus Christ wants you to obey the Old Covenant as that would amount to Jesus Christ sinning against God Almighty who declared that that Law is binding only to those who have have blood of Jacob flowing through their veins. - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

God is not foolish and His decrees are all of them to eternity. So listening to a YouTube video instead of what God Himself said to you is a huge mistake to start with. undecided
Re: The Culture Of Corruption, Stealing And Bribery Is Very Un-christlike by cooltola(m): 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Matthew 5 vs 18 does not tell you that Jesus Christ wants you to obey the Old Covenant as that would amount to Jesus Christ sinning against God Almighty who declared that that Law is binding only to those who have have blood of Jacob flowing through their veins. - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. undecided

God is not foolish and His decrees are all of them to eternity. So listening to a YouTube video instead of what God Himself said to you is a huge mistake to start with. undecided
I am not here to argue theology 201 or advance theology with you or which is that or which law should not apply or not , I am not a professor. I do not know everything and I am still learning. My point is that our society cannot continue in a corruption fashion with the numbers of churches we have in Nigeria[b]. We are called to be light of the word and show Jesus Christ to the Lost. Our Christian brothers and sisters are being murdered in the Northern part of Nigeria by Muslim terrorists [/b], yet there are not too many peeps are speaking out against such atrocity or such practice. Christians have to speak out against such injustice and evil , we have to encourage people to obey God commandment and to keep his commandment , repent and change with their ways and return to God. Accept Jesus Christ as Lord and savior
Re: The Culture Of Corruption, Stealing And Bribery Is Very Un-christlike by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
cooltola:

I am not here to argue theology 201 or advance theology with you or which is that or which law should not apply or not , I am not a professor. I do not know everything and I am still learning. My point is that our society cannot continue in a corruption fashion with the numbers of churches we have in Nigeria . We are called to be light of the word and show Jesus Christ to the Lost. Our Christian brothers and sisters are being murdered in the Northern part of Nigeria by Muslim terrorists , yet there are not too many peeps are speaking out against such atrocity or such practice. Christians have to speak out against such injustice and evil ,we have to encourage people to obey God commandment and to keep his commandment , repent and change with their ways and return to God . Accept Jesus Christ as Lord and savior
Are you trying to get people to obey God because of what you see happening up north? undecided

Are you somehow under the delusion that we are here to save mankind from itself? undecided

Did God tells us to let our light shine because of the atrocities in the world or because that is simply what He wants for us to do in obedience of Him? undecided

As I said, it is not enough to say you preach about God. It is better to stay mum than to preach a lie in His name and this goes for the commandments of God. undecided
Re: The Culture Of Corruption, Stealing And Bribery Is Very Un-christlike by somehow: 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Are you trying to get people to obey God because of what you see happening up north? undecided

Are you somehow under the delusion that we are here to save mankind from itself? undecided

Did God tells us to let our light shine because of the atrocities in the world or because that is simply what He wants for us to do in obedience of Him? undecided

As I said, it is not enough to say you preach about God. It is better to stay mum than to preach a lie in His name and this goes for the commandments of God. undecided

What is your point though?

The OP is talking about the rot and how Christianity has been pushed to the background in the process, you're talking something entirely different.

Did Jesus tell you in the new testament that stealing is okay?
Re: The Culture Of Corruption, Stealing And Bribery Is Very Un-christlike by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
somehow:

What is your point though?

The OP is talking about the rot and how Christianity has been pushed to the background in the process, you're talking something entirely different.

Did Jesus tell you in the new testament that stealing is okay?
Why has Christianity been pushed to the background, in what process? undecided

Jesus Christ gave His followers a different set of standards to live by in the New Covenant, and He warned His followers against attempting to store New Wine in Old wineskin as it is nothing but foolishness that renders their relationship of no meaning. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Independence Day Sermons, Prayer And Prophecy For Niger / Incredible! God Of Chosen Healed Me Of Hiv I & Ii. / Idle Knowledge is Equal to Ignorance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.