Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 (8486 Views)

Your Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Sunday, The 30th Of September 2018 / Your Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Sunday, The 26th Of August 2018 / Your Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Sunday, 15/04/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 2:09am On Aug 05, 2021
The topic of Rhapsody of Realities for 4th August 2021 Is “The Kingdom in you”

Today’s Scripture: Mark 1:14

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God.

Jesus came preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. He said the time was fulfilled, and that the Kingdom of God was near (Mark 1:15). What is the Kingdom of God? The Kingdom of God isn’t a place; it’s the reign of God, where He rules as Lord, and expresses Himself—His glory and His goodness. That’s why Jesus cautioned that when we’re told, “the Kingdom of God is over there,” or “it’s over here,” don’t believe it, because the Kingdom doesn’t come by observation; it’s within you (Luke 17:20-21). God’s plan in this age is to set up His Kingdom in the hearts of men as a spiritual kingdom. Recall when Jesus was brought before Pilate, in John 18:36-37; Pilate asked Him some questions to which He responded, “…My Kingdom is not of this world…” (John 18:36). God’s Kingdom isn’t a physical structure; yet Jesus said, “It has come!” Indeed, it has, because it’s in our hearts.

The Gospel today is that God’s Kingdom can be set up in the hearts of men; it has arrived! Jesus said,“…If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him” (John 14:23). This wasn’t provided in the days of Abraham, Moses, Elijah, Elisha, David, Solomon and the patriarchs of old; but it is in our day. When Jesus came, He brought the Kingdom in Him. Now that we’ve received Him, we have the Kingdom in us: the glory, grace and the life of God— all of divinity has been set up in your heart! God is at home in you now. You’ve become, not just a citizen of the Kingdom, but also the bearer or carrier of the Kingdom, of divine verities. Hallelujah!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for your Kingdom that’s in my heart; your glory and righteousness that are in me and revealed through me. Your Kingdom reigns, and it’s established in the earth, and in the hearts of men as the Gospel is proclaimed around the world today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Colossians 1:27; 2 Corinthians 4:6-7; Luke 17:21

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Romans 8:1-17 & Psalms 68-69

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Luke 13:1-9 & Judges 10

Rhapsody of Realities is written by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. .

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 2:21am On Aug 05, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities 5 August 2021 Devotional Guide By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

TOPIC: Align Yourself With God’s Vision

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:18).

Some people live their lives pursuing their own selfish interests, not aligning themselves with God’s vision. What’s God’s vision? It’s that men come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4). Therefore, connect your dreams to His dream; and purify your motives with His love.

Soul winning should be the compelling motive and propelling force in your life. You’re first a Christian before being a politician, teacher, banker, student, etc.; therefore, fulfil your calling in the Gospel. Let the expansion of God’s Kingdom be your number one passion. Therein lies true joy, fulfilment and all the blessings you could ever desire.

There’s a depth in God, a realm of joy and fulfilment you’ll never know until you make your life count in soul winning. Jesus said in Mark 16:15, “…Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.” In Matthew 24:14, He said, “And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”

The instruction to take the message of salvation to the ends of the earth wasn’t just to pastors and evangelists, but to every Christian. You’re a minister of the New Testament (2 Corinthians 3:6); a bearer of the glad tidings of salvation. You’ve been commissioned to reach out to those living in darkness with the light of salvation.

You’re a light in a dark world; therefore, be aglow with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Beam it with steady radiance to others so they can become lights as well. You’re God’s man for the hour, holding forth the word of life—opening the eyes of them that are lost—turning them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God.

CONFESSION
Dear Father, thank you for the grace for salvation that’s at work even now as your children all around the world proclaim the Gospel. Many are turned from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, as they hear and receive the Gospel today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Habakkuk 2:14; Acts 26:16-18

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Romans 8:18-39; Psalms 70-73

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
Luke 13:10-21; Judges 11

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:20am On Aug 06, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities By Pastor Chris

The topic of Rhapsody of Realities for 6th August 2021 Is “Christ at home in you”

Today’s Scripture: Colossians 1:27

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY 6TH AUGUST 2021
“Christ in you” refers to all that’s in the character, personality, potency of the glory and graces of Christ embodied in you. And that’s done by the Holy Spirit. Recall the words of Jesus in John 14:23; “…If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” This was before His death, burial, resurrection and ascension to heaven. He had said in John 14:16-17, “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter… ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.”

He made good on His promise, and on the day of Pentecost, the Holy Spirit came and indwelt the disciples. Today, being born again, we’ve become His living temple; He’s set up His abode in us. This was a mystery in the Old Testament; the prophets and even the angels wondered how it would be possible for God to make His home in men’s hearts.
But it was ever God’s desire; He said in Proverbs 8:31, “…my delights were with the sons of men.” Paul, by the Spirit, eventually writes and unveils this mystery as read in our theme scripture. So, when we say, “Christ in you,” we’re looking at the character, the beauty, all of the glory, power, and the righteousness
of God encapsulated in a man. Ephesians 3:17 says, “That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith….” That word “dwell” means “settle”; so, you’re one in whom Christ has settled. He has made His home in your heart by faith; there’s a mingling; a oneness of spirit. His very life, the very quality of His personality and the characteristics of His glory are all in you today. Glory to His Name forever!

CONFESSION
Blessed Lord, thank you for setting up your abode in the quarters of my heart. You sanctified me,
and made me your living tabernacle, with your very life—the very quality of your personality and the characteristics of your glory—resident in, and expressed through me. What a blessed reality; for this, I’m forever grateful.

FURTHER STUDY

1 Corinthians 6:19; John 14:16-17AMPC;
1 Corinthians 3:16-17

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: 17 Romans 9:1-29 & Psalms 74-77

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN: Luke 13:22-30 & Judges 12

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:38am On Aug 07, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities 7th August 2021
By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

Topic: Raised Together With Christ

Scripture: If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God (Colossians 3:1).

When Jesus died on the Cross, He died for all men. This means legally, all men have been saved. But Christianity didn’t begin from the Cross or death of Jesus, but from the resurrection. His resurrection made the new life in Christ possible.
This is the reason the only way anyone can experience the vital reality of salvation is to act on Romans 10:9-10. It says, “…if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”

Recall the words of the Spirit through the Apostle Paul in Romans 6:4: “Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.” When God raised Jesus from the dead, we were raised together with Him, to a newness of life. We became new creatures in Christ Jesus, alive to God, with the transcendent life.

The new creation is the product of His resurrection. You’ve been brought out of spiritual death into life. You’ve been raised together with Christ, and seated with Him in the heavenly realms; now the Bible says you should seek those things which are above: “Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth” (Colossians 3:2).

Have the consciousness of one who’s born from above and is seated together with Christ in the place of dominion, glory and power! Let the things of God, of His heavenly Kingdom to which you’ve been born mean more to you. Speak the heavenly language; live and see from above.

CONFESSION
I live and see from above, because I’m seated with Christ in the place of dominion and power; I’m alive to God, with the transcendent life. I walk in prosperity, victory and glory; reigning and ruling in the realm of life through Jesus Christ. My affections are set on Him and the glories of His heavenly kingdom, now and always, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Ephesians 1:18-23; Ephesians 2:4-6

Romans 9:30-33; Romans 10:1-21; Psalms 78

Luke 13:31-35; Judges 13-14

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:04am On Aug 08, 2021
The topic of Rhapsody of Realities for 8th August 2021 Is “Follow the Master’s Example”

Today’s Scripture: Matthew 4:19

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Everything about your life should focus on winning people to Jesus Christ; there’s no higher priority than that for the Christian. The Lord Jesus Himself was a Master soul winner. In John 4:6- 42, He encountered a certain woman at the well of Samaria, and engaged her in a dialogue. The woman came to draw water from the well. But to get her
attention, the Lord initiated a conversation with her on something that was of interest to her—the water. Upon getting her full attention, the Master witnessed to the woman, who believed and went about telling others about her encounter with the Christ. Matthew 4 tells us another beautiful story of how Jesus walked along the shore of Lake Galilee and saw two brothers who were fishermen: Simon Peter and his brother, Andrew. He said to them, “…Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men” (Matthew 4:19).

The Master always knew how to engage others in a conversation on a subject that was of interest to them, in a bid to witness to them. If you’ve often wondered how to engage people in a conversation in order to lead them to Christ, emulate the strategyof the Master. Observe what such people might be interested in, and initiate a conversation along that line. You can ask that he or she explain something to you about a book or magazine they might be holding
or reading, and then you listen with rapt attention. If you do, they’re more likely to also give you their attention when you start witnessing to them. Of course, there are times the Lord could give you specific instructions about someone you need to witness to. At such times, don’t negotiate; go right ahead and follow the Lord’s guidance. Whatever He tells or inspires you to say at that time and place, that do. He said in Psalm 81:10, “…open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.” Always be bold, and the Lord will honour His Word in and through you.

PRAYER

Blessed Father, I thank you for the Holy Spirit who lives within me, making me an able steward and minister of the mysteries of Christ. I take advantage of the opportunities I have today, to preach Christ to those whom you’ve ordained to receive salvation through me; they’re turned from darkness to light and established in your righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

1 Corinthians 9:16; Acts 17:22-34

1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:

Romans 11:1-24 & Psalms 79-81

2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:

Luke 14:1-14 & Judges 15-16

Rhapsody of Realities is written by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome.

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:25am On Aug 09, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities 9th August 2021 Devotional Guide By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

Topic: Our Culture Is In Christ

Scripture: Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth (Colossians 3:2).

As Christians, though we’ve been called and chosen out of the world, we still live among different people with different cultures, backgrounds and mindsets. Sometimes, some Christians find themselves caught in a conflict between their Christian faith and what obtains in an earthly culture. First, it’s important to understand that being born again, your primary culture is in Christ Jesus. You must imbibe the culture of the Word of God.

2 Corinthians 5:17 says if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; you don’t have another nature, or belong to another culture; the Word of God is what guides your way of life and principles. Culture is often simply defined as the way of life of a people, and for us, Christ is our life (Colossians 3:4) and faith in the Word is our lifestyle (Hebrews 10:38, 2 Corinthians 5:7).

Some people like to identify with, or participate in “cultural” ceremonies in their countries, cities, or towns of natural birth. However, such “sub-cultures” or cultural events must not negate or be contrary to the Word of God and your faith in Christ Jesus.

When you’re cultured by the Word, your outlook on life changes. The Word will choose your new norms and become your reference for and in everything. You’ll only embrace and celebrate Christ-values; those things the Kingdom stands for—what you have, who you are—your heritage in Christ. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
Righteous Father, I rejoice at the transformation your Word brings to my spirit always; your Word has given me a culture and the mindset of success and greatness. I celebrate my great heritage in Christ—who I am and all the blessings of the heavenly Kingdom to which I belong, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Romans 12:2; Galatians 3:27-28

Romans 11:25-36; Psalms 82-84

Luke 14:15-24; Judges 17

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 12:19pm On Aug 10, 2021
TOPIC: Separated From Judgement (Rhapsody of Realities 10 August 2021)

SCRIPTURE: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16).

There’s a word of judgement and condemnation that’s already working in the world. Anyone who’s born into this world inherits that judgement. But when you’re born again, a new life begins with acquittal: “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:1). Romans 8:1 declares: “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.”

It parallels the words of Jesus in our opening verse; anyone who believes in Him is severed from judgement. You’re not numbered amongst them that perish; there’s a divine decree to that effect. All the negativities in the world: the darkness, diseases, sicknesses, infirmities, poverty, defeat and failure are a result of the curse, the judgement that’s at work in the world. But you’re not of this world (John 17:16); you’re from above; from a heavenly kingdom.

Keep yourself separated from, and in dominion over, all the negative influences and elements of this world through your faith-filled words. 1 Corinthians 2:12-13 says “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak….” Keep declaring the Word of victory over your life.

Every so often, affirm that you live above this world and have overcome its failing systems! Your life is for the glory of God, for the expression of His righteousness, dominion and excellence. No sickness, disease or infirmity should be allowed to thrive in your body, because the Spirit of Him that raised Christ from the dead lives and perambulates in you! He’s invigorated your whole being with the divine life. Have this consciousness and make these affirmations always.

CONFESSION

My life is the expression of God’s righteousness, dominion and excellence. No sickness, disease or infirmity can thrive in my body, because the Spirit of Him that raised Christ from the dead, lives and perambulates in me. I’m far removed from the destruction or judgement that works in this present world of darkness, because I belong and live in the Kingdom of God’s dear Son. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Galatians 3:13 (AMPC)
13 Christ purchased our freedom [redeeming us] from the curse (doom) of the Law [and its condemnation] by [Himself] becoming a curse for us, for it is written [in the Scriptures], Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree (is crucified);

Romans 8:1 (AMPC)
1 THEREFORE, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live [and] walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit.

Romans 12:1-16 & Psalms 85-88

Luke 14:25-35 & Judges 18

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 8:01am On Aug 11, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities 11th August 2021 Devotional Guide By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

Topic: The Day Of Salvation

Scripture: (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation) (2 Corinthians 6:2).

More than ever before, there’s a burning passion in the hearts of God’s people to preach the Gospel, just as there’s a great hunger and yearning for salvation in the hearts of men and women around the world. The Spirit has been poured out upon all flesh. Recall the words of Jesus in Acts 1:8: “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”

That’s the season we are in now! We’ve been endued with power to be effectual in soul winning. The message is available to everyone, and everyone can give their hearts to Christ, because this is the acceptable time! Jesus called it “…the acceptable year of the Lord” (Luke 4:19). And it’s aptly corroborated in our theme verse: “…now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation).” This is the day of salvation. Glory to God!

However, the acceptable time would wind up and judgement would begin. Jesus brought in the acceptable time; He’ll come back for the day of vengeance. But at the moment, we’re workers together with God in the acceptable time, bringing men and women into salvation (2 Corinthians 6:1).

Help those around you receive salvation through the power of God that works in you in this hour of His grace. Take the Gospel to the lost, hopeless, hurting and downtrodden in your world and in the regions beyond. Remember, the time is short; therefore, glorify God by being fervent and effectual in leading souls to Christ.

CONFESSION
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He has anointed me to preach the Gospel to the poor; He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised. Thank you dear Lord for counting me worthy to be a co-labourer with you in saving souls, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Isaiah 49:7-9; Hebrews 3:7-8

Romans 12:17-21; Romans 13:1-14; Psalms 89
Luke 15:1-10; Judges 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:28am On Aug 12, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities 12th August 2021 Devotional Guide By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

Topic: We Execute Judgement On Satan And His Demons

Scripture: Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds. Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand; To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; To execute upon them the judgement written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the Lord (Psalm 149:5-9).

The Lord Jesus occupies the most exalted position there is. He’s seated at the right hand of the Father, far above all principality, and power, might, and dominion, and every name that is named. But the most exciting part is that you’re in Him. You’re seated with Him in glory, with dominion over Satan and the princes of darkness (Ephesians 2:6).

That’s the reason in Christianity, we don’t fight the devil or negotiate with him; we cast him out. We exercise dominion and execute judgement over Satan and the principalities of darkness. They’ve been judged, and we’re the ones authorized to execute the judgement; it’s part of our heritage in Christ: “To execute upon them (Satan and his demons) the judgement written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD” (Psalm 149:9).

In John 16:11, Jesus said, “…the prince of this world is judged”; it’s your responsibility to keep him under your feet. That’s why the Bible says to cast him out! You don’t struggle with Satan. The resurrection of Jesus made a champion of you. You operate from a higher realm where your words are backed by Deity.

Even now, address Satan with words of power and break his influence over your town, city, country, home or environment. You’re the one in charge. Use your authority in the Name of Jesus to frustrate and overturn his activities. Jesus gave you all authority in heaven and in the earth (Matthew 28:18-19); use it every day against Satan and the demons of darkness. Glory to God!

CONFESSION
I walk in dominion over Satan and the princes of darkness, because I’m seated with Christ in glory, dominion and power. I reign and rule over circumstances and elements of this world, today and always, because I live in, and by the Name of Jesus. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Ephesians 2:4-6; Matthew 28:18-19; John 12:31

Romans 14-23; Romans 15:1-4; Psalms 90-93

Luke 15:11-19; Judges 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:19am On Aug 13, 2021
TOPIC: Bold And Passionate For The Kingdom (Rhapsody of Realities 13 August 2021)

SCRIPTURE: And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen (Mark 16:20).

Preach the Gospel with passion, and as you do, the Lord will confirm His Word with signs following. We have something to give to the world; it’s the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ. Recall what the Lord charged us to do: “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely you have received, freely give” (Matthew 10:cool. He has given us both the power and authority to do mighty works in His Name and demonstrate the character of the Holy Spirit to our world.

Therefore, take your place in the ministry of the Gospel. Never lose focus of the Master’s calling on your life. Serve Him selflessly, with an undying passion. If you’re passionate for Him, He’ll be passionate for you; He’ll stand up for you if you’d stand up for Him: “Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 10:32).

The Bible says, “For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead” (2 Corinthians 5:14). Here, the Apostle Paul says our love and passion for the Lord compels us with the truth of the Gospel.

The Lord is with you, strong and mighty; and with the faith of God in your spirit, take your partnership in the Gospel to a higher level. Get “wild” for God! Invest your time and resources in world evangelism. Keep winning souls and let nothing quench your love for the Lord.

The Bible says those that turn many to righteousness shall shine as stars forever (Daniel 12:3). Shine evermore by making an impact with the Gospel. Be so passionate for the Gospel that its impact in men’s lives, and spread around the world, is all that matters to you.

CONFESSION

I’m passionate about God’s Kingdom and its expansion in the earth, for the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only saving power for the world, and I’m its herald! I’m aglow and burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Philippians 4:15-17 (CEV)
15 My friends at Philippi, you remember what it was like when I started preaching the good news in Macedonia. After I left there, you were the only church that became my partner by giving blessings and by receiving them in return. 16 Even when I was in Thessalonica, you helped me more than once. 17 I am not trying to get something from you, but I want you to receive the blessings that come from giving.

Matthew 6:33 (KJV)
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Acts 20:18-24 (KJV)
18 And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I have been with you at all seasons, 19 Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews: 20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house, 21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. 22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: 23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. 24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Romans 15:5-13 & Psalms 94-98

Luke 15:20-32 & Judges 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 11:04am On Aug 14, 2021
TOPIC: He’s Right Inside You (Rhapsody of Realities 14 August 2021)

SCRIPTURE: Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works (John 14:10).

Christianity is Christ in you, not Christ with you, or among you, but in you. There’s a clear difference. When it dawns on you that truly, this great God of glory, in all His fullness and power, lives in you, it’ll change the way you think and the way you live; you’ll have a completely different outlook on life. This is what you need to train and exercise yourself in: the consciousness of the indwelling Christ.

For some, God is in Heaven, so far away; so they pray and sing, “Draw me nearer to thee O Lord!” How much “nearer” do you want to get to someone who’s right inside you? Have the mentality of Jesus; when He was on earth, He lived in union with the Father, and was constantly mindful of the Father’s indwelling presence.

We read His words in our opening verse; He said, “…the Father that dwelleth in me…”; He was referring to the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is coequal with God. He’s the Father that lives in you! So you see? He’s not far away; He’s in you! Some people worry that sometimes, it’s like their prayers don’t go beyond the ceiling; it doesn’t need to. The God to whom you pray is right inside you, where you are, under the ceiling.

1 Corinthians 6:17 talks about our inseparable union with Jesus; it says, “But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.” This is the reason you can enjoy rich fellowship with Him, and walk in union with Him. There’s no need to try to reach out to Him, crying out as though He were far away. Everywhere you are, He’s in you, and you in Him.

He is your home; you were born into Him when you were born again. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore if any man be in Christ…”; you live, move and have your being in Him. Like Jesus, be bold to say, “I am in the Father, and the Father is in me” (John 14:11). Blessed be God!

PRAYER

Dear Father, I thank you for making my heart your home, thus making me inseparably one with you to enjoy rich fellowship with you. Thank you for the glory of your presence in my life, and the transformation from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

John 14:16-18 – And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Galatians 4:6 – And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Colossians 1:26-27 – [Even] the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: 27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Romans 15:14-33 & Psalms 99-101

Luke 16:1-12 & Ruth 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 8:33am On Aug 15, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities 15th August 2021 Devotional Guide By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

Topic: Divinely Favoured

Scripture: And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace (John 1:16 ESV).

If you’re a child of God, you’re divinely favoured, and it’s important that you recognize it. When we talk about being divinely favoured, it means that God’s grace has been lavished upon you in Christ Jesus. The Bible says, “For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ” (John 1:17). Romans 5:17 says, “For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.” That’s what we received: Abundance of grace! Our theme verse calls it “grace upon grace.” Hallelujah! Every so often, you should declare, “I’m walking and functioning in divine favour.”

Recall the salutation from the angel to Mary in Luke 1:28: “Hail, thou that art highly favoured….” The same expression is used in Ephesians 1:6, but wrongly translated as “accepted”: “To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.” The Greek is “charitoo” and it means to grace or be imbued with special honour; make accepted or be highly favoured. So, we’re “highly favoured in the beloved.” Hallelujah!

You’ve got to take advantage of the grace of Jesus Christ at work in you. With that grace, everything works: The earth responds to you; the heavens respond to you; life is glorious; and whatever you lay your hands to do, prospers. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
God has granted me abundance of grace; I’m in favour with Him! I’m divinely positioned by His grace for a supernatural and transcendent life. Therefore, I live and walk in the consciousness of the favour- factor! And no matter what happens in the world, I will not fret! Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY
John 1:16; Psalm 5:12; Ephesians 4:7

Romans 16:1-27; Psalms 102-103

Luke 16:13-18; Ruth 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 12:33pm On Aug 16, 2021
TOPIC: The Place Of Power And Authority (Rhapsody of Realities 16 August 2021)

SCRIPTURE: But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 2:4-6).

According to the Bible, when Jesus ascended to heaven and sat on the right hand of power (the right hand of God), we were in Him. So, we’re seated together with Him in the place of power and authority. That’s why He gave us His Name to live by, to use in the earth, because in heaven, He represents us. We stand in Jesus’ stead and enforce the will of the Father here on earth. But in heaven, we answer His Name.

You’ve got to use the Name of Jesus. Colossians 3:17 says, “And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus….” Imagine what victories you’d have if you lived in the Name of Jesus! The forces or elements of this world may want to exert their negativities on you, and get you to believe or act contrary to the Word. But you have to dominate them in the Name of Jesus!

It doesn’t matter what infirmity tries to ravage your body; place your hand over it and command it to leave your body in the Name of Jesus Christ. As the watchman over your body, give no place to sickness in your body. Jesus said in Mark 16:17-18, “And these signs shall follow them that believe…they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.” Jesus said, “heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons” (Matthew 10:cool. Therefore, exercise your authority and dominion in Christ over sickness, disease, death and the elements of this world.

CONFESSION

I’m seated with Christ in the place of power, dominion and majesty, and in a position of authority. I give no room for darkness, sickness, defeat and pain, for I dwell in a place of absolute mastery in Christ Jesus, and I’ve overcome the world. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY:

Luke 10:19 (AMPC)
19 Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.

Ephesians 2:4-6 (KJV)
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

1 Corinthians 1 & Psalms 104-106

Luke 16:19-31 & 1 Samuel 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:22am On Aug 17, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities 17th August 2021 Devotional Guide By Pastor Chris Oyahkilome

Topic: Honour The Name Of Jesus

Scripture: Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth (Philippians 2:9-10).

Jesus is head over all things; He’s the head of all principality and power. His Name has power in heaven, in the earth, and under the earth. Everything responds to His Name. Demons bow to His Name and scamper in terror; contrary circumstances are changed at the mention of His Name.

You have to learn to honour His Name for its power to work for you, in you, and through you. Your result, or how much that Name works for you is to the extent that you honour it. Honour, primarily, means to show respect to, towards or for. Honouring the Name of Jesus means giving recognition to Him, and serving Him as Lord. His Name only works for those who honour Him as Lord.

For instance, there’re sinners who agree that the Name of Jesus is the greatest Name, but they don’t serve Him; they aren’t following Him. As a result, the Name isn’t working for them. In the same way, as a Christian, you have to be subject to the Lord Jesus. Honour Him in your life for His Name to work for you. God said in 1 Samuel 2:30, “…them that honour me I will honour….” Jesus said, “…if any man serve me, him will my father honour” (John 12:26).

CONFESSION
What a privilege to use the holy, majestic, awesome Name of the Lord Jesus, the One that’s greater than all, and to whom everything in heaven, in the earth, and under the earth bows. Today, and always, I adore and uphold the glory of your Name, and with reverence, I declare that you’re the Living God, holy, gracious and true. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
Philippians 2:9-11; Acts 3:16; Matthew 10:32-33

1 Corinthians 2; Psalms 107-108

Luke 17:1-10; 1 Samuel 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 11:28am On Aug 18, 2021
Rhapsody Of Realities 18th August 2021 Wednesday Guide – The HolySpirit In You; written by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

TOPIC: THE HOLYSPIRIT IN YOU

SCRIPTURE
“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you” (John 14:16-17)

As a little boy, growing up, I was full of fear. But everything changed when I received the Holy Spirit. All the fears in me were disabled and deleted. He began to teach me the Word of God and I became emboldened. The Holy Spirit gave me utterance, became my teacher and began to guide and instruct me. He began to show me what to do, how to understand the Scriptures, how to interpret the Scriptures. My whole life was transformed. I knew what I was and where I was headed, and how He altered my life and redirected everything.

The same can happen for anybody. The Bible says He’s no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34); what He does for one, He’ll do for another under the same circumstance. Even if He’s never done it for anyone, and you require it, He’ll make it happen for you. Maybe today you have low expectations in life; maybe everyone has given up on you! It may be at home, or in school, or at your workplace, or among your peers; you’re the struggling one, and now you’re wondering, “How can I ever get better? Is there any hope for me?” Yes, there’s hope in Christ.

No need to struggle. If you’ve received the Holy Spirit, recognize His presence in you. Learn to have fellowship with Him through the Word and prayer. Have faith in His ability to make you a success and cause you to fulfil His destiny for your life. Take advantage of His glorious ministry in your life. Pray in tongues always and follow His guidance, and He’ll make you successful in all things.

PRAYER
Oh Lord, you’re gracious and kind. You’re my rock and my salvation, the One in whom I wholly trust. You make all things beautiful, and you’ve granted me an extraordinary capacity to contemplate, think, envision and see endless possibilities. I bring forth beauty and excellence from within me, through the power of your Spirit that lives in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
John 14:26; 2 Timothy 1:7; Acts 1:8 AMPC

1 Corinthians 3; Psalms 109-112

Luke 17:11-19; 1 Samuel 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 8:55am On Aug 19, 2021
TOPIC: Your Faith In The Word (Rhapsody of Realities 19 August 2021)

SCRIPTURE: He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him (John 3:36).

“I’ve prayed; I’ve confessed the Word; I’ve fasted; I’ve even sowed a seed; yet, my condition hasn’t improved.” Oftentimes, people agonize like this, as they struggle with their faith. This is because, for the most part, they haven’t learnt how to use their faith.

Until you discover how to make your faith work, you’ll keep struggling. We have a book titled, “How To Make Your Faith Work”; read it to learn more on the subject. There may be a time of struggling in any area of your life, where you find a difference between what the Word says and your personal experience. At such times, meditate more on the Word. Don’t focus your mind on what’s happening, but on the Word, on what you believe. Soon enough, the Word will grow mightily in you, and over that situation, and prevail. That’s the guaranteed outcome.

Your faith is the victory over all circumstances and adversities of life: “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith”*_ (1 John 5:4). Keep acting your faith on the Word. You might say, “What if it doesn’t work?” Faith always works. If it didn’t work, then it was never faith.

Take advantage of God’s extraordinary power in overcoming life’s adversities by expressing your faith. Faith not expressed will not prevail (James 2:17 & 26). You express your faith in words and actions, remaining undaunted in the face of adversity.

Jesus said, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you can achieve anything; nothing shall be impossible unto you (Matthew 17:20). So, cheer up; the victory is yours already. Hallelujah! There’s a guarantee that your faith will work if you’d act on the Word.

CONFESSION

The Word of God is in my heart and in my mouth, prevailing as I speak it forth! I live above Satan and the elements of this world, because I’m an associate of the God-kind! By my faith in the Word, I live triumphantly always; I can change what I want to change, and achieve what I want to achieve by the power of the Holy Spirit at work in me. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Mark 11:22-23 – And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Romans 4:18-21 – Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations; according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. 19 And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb: 20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; 21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 4 & Psalms 113-116

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 17:20-30 & 1 Samuel 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:16am On Aug 20, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities 20 August 2021 Devotional Guide By Pastor Chris Oyahkilome

Topic: A Perfect Heart And A Willing Mind

Scripture: And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts… (1 Chronicles 28:9).

Whatever you do for the Lord, the heart from where it comes, and the attitude with which you carry it out, matters. God searches all hearts, and understands all the thoughts and goings-on of our minds. So, He seeks a perfect heart and a willing mind. He said in 2 Corinthians 8:12, “For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted….”

Remember what the Bible says of Amaziah the king; he did what was right in the sight of God but not with a perfect heart (2 Chronicles 25:2). But how’s your heart going to be right with God? How’s your mind going to be willing? It’s through the Word. A heart that’s perfect and willing is one that’s yielded to the Word; sanctified, renewed and under the sway of the Spirit through the Word.

The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 4:6, “For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts….” How did He do it? It’s through the Word! His Word illumines our hearts to know His will. Then it says in Romans 12:2, “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” You wouldn’t know God’s mind; His thoughts and opinions, His perfect will concerning anything if you don’t know His Word.

That’s the reason you must study and know the Scriptures for yourself. Jesus said,

“…Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures…”

(Matthew 22:29). If you want to serve God rightly, then get to know the Word. It’s about the Scriptures getting into your spirit and culturing your mind. Give more attention to studying the Scriptures for the wisdom and insight of the Spirit, by which He gives you guidance on how to serve God truly, with a pure heart, and a willing mind.

CONFESSION
I have a heart that loves the Lord, to serve Him truly, and to please Him always. And by the Word, my attitude to God and to service in His Kingdom is inspired by, and reflects His love. Always, and in all circumstances, the mind of God is revealed to me through the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
1 Samuel 16:7; Proverbs 23:26

1 Corinthians 5; Psalms 117-118

Luke 17:31-37; 1 Samuel 5-6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:25am On Aug 21, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities 21 August 2021 Devotional Guide By Pastor Chris Oyahkilome
Topic: The Word Conditions Your Spirit

Scripture: And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind… (Romans 12:2).

Something very significant the Word of God does in your life is the conditioning of your spirit. The Word of God can condition you to think like God. It’s the reason we’re admonished to renew our minds with the Word through meditation.

When the Word gets into your spirit through meditation, you’re programmed to live accordingly. Circumstances, the world around you, and other voices may try to sway you from the Word, but they won’t succeed if your spirit is conditioned by the Word.

For example, if you’ve been timid or afraid, meditate on the Word. 2 Timothy 1:7 says, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” Keep affirming, “I have a sound mind; I’m bold, courageous, and full of power.” Before long, the Word will condition your spirit with boldness, courage and excellence; you’ll become audacious in faith. The Word has conditioned my spirit to think the Kingdom way, to be bold and very courageous; and nothing can change that.

The Word is the foundation for a great life. The Word in you makes you impregnable to the crises of life; it makes you think, see and act from the view-point of advantage and victory only. With such a mentality, everything you do prospers; you walk in excellence and grace. It makes no difference the challenges you face or who might be working against you; you’re unperturbed, because the Word has conditioned your spirit to know that nothing and no one can successfully stand against you.

Get the Word into you. Colossians 3:16 says to let the Word of God dwell in you richly. Take your personal study of the Word and times of meditation more seriously. That way, the Word will mingle with your spirit, grow mightily in you and over any situation you’re dealing with, and prevail. Then you’d find that you’re full of joy every day, full of health and strength. Praise God!

CONFESSION
The Word of God has transformed my mind and programmed my spirit for greatness, success and excellence. I’m bold, courageous and audacious in faith; I think Kingdom-thoughts and see only from the perspective of the Word, because the Word has cultured my mind and conditioned my spirit. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY
Romans 12:2; Joshua 1:8; Colossians 3:16

1 Corinthians 6; Psalms 119:1-112

Luke 18:1-8; 1 Samuel 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 6:52am On Aug 22, 2021
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES 22ND AUGUST 2021 SUNDAY GUIDE
TOPIC: REIGNING IN RIGHTEOUSNESS

SCRIPTURE: “For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:17)

Every child of God is a king in this life and called to reign in righteousness. Righteousness gives you the ability to stand in the presence of God without condemnation; to stand in fellowship with God, having His rightness in your spirit. This is where our audacity of faith comes from.
This is the reason we’re bold to make demands in His Name, decree a thing and have it established. It’s because our righteousness is of Him, not what you did or didn’t do, but what Jesus did.

God declared you righteous freely and declared Himself to be righteous by so doing: “To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus” (Romans 3:26). Hallelujah! Righteousness makes us masters; it gives us dominion. You’re not a victim, but a victor in Christ Jesus. John knew this and declared, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4).

God has imparted His nature of righteousness to you, and that’s what makes you like Him. That nature makes you think, see, and talk like Him. You’ve been raised to His level through Christ. Our opening verse says, “…they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.” You’ve received grace to reign over and above Satan and the elements of this world.

The Bible says He’s made us kings and priests and we shall reign on the earth. Kings reign by issuing decrees and pronouncements; Ecclesiastes 8:4 “Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?” No wonder the Bible says you shall decree a thing, and it shall be established unto you (Job 22:28)

PRAYER:
Holy and righteous Father, thank you for giving me your righteousness, granting me the ability to boldly stand before you without guilt, condemnation, inferiority or blame. In righteousness, I reign and rule in life, bringing glory to your Name. I walk in perpetual victory, manifesting your glory in every place, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Romans 5:17 AMPC; Romans 5:20-21; Revelation 5:10

1 Corinthians 7; Psalms 119:113-176

Luke 18:9-17; 1 Samuel 9
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:17am On Aug 23, 2021
TOPIC: The Power Of Obedience (Rhapsody of Realities 23 August 2021)

SCRIPTURE: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross (Philippians 2:8.).

God has His structures and systems, and operates by principles, but there’re those who always choose their own way. The Bible says there’s a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death (Proverbs 14:12). It pays to listen to God and follow His ways. Never walk in disobedience.

For example, as a result of Adam’s disobedience, the Bible tells us “Death ruled like a king …” (Romans 5:17 CEV). The Amplified Classic translation puts it this way: “…because of one man’s trespass(lapse, offense) death reigned through that one….” Well then, as one man’s disobedience led to condemnation for all men, so also did Christ’s act of righteousness lead to eternal life and divine acquittal of all men. Jesus, the second and last Adam, did this by obedience.

We also read in our opening verse that He “… being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.” Remember that Jesus is Himself God, but nothing was going to make Him rebellious against the Father. He was going to be obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross. God had to respond to the obedience of Jesus: “Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name” (Philippians 2:9). He was given the highest title that could be conferred, because of His obedience. Glory to God!

Obedience is a great blessing in the realm of the Spirit. Being born again, you have an obedient spirit; the Bible calls us obedient children (1 Peter 1:14). So, it’s natural for you to walk in the light of God’s Word, and be completely yielded to spiritual instructions.

PRAYER

My life is consecrated to you, dear Father; thank you for your love for me, and for your glory in my life! Today and always, I live to glorify you, serving you with whole-hearted devotion, keeping your Word, fulfilling your purpose for my life, and producing works of righteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

1 Peter 1:13-14 (KJV)
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

Philippians 2:5-10 (KJV)
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

1 Corinthians 8 & Psalms 120-127

Luke 18:18-27 & 1 Samuel 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:42am On Aug 24, 2021
TOPIC: Don’t Condemn Others (Rhapsody of Realities 24 August 2021)

SCRIPTURE: Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven (Matthew 5:16).

In your life, don’t be too quick to find fault with others. Don’t give in to the urge to condemn. The Bible says the Lord Jesus has been “…ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead” (Acts 10:42 NKJV). He alone is the true Judge, and He’s rich in mercy. There may be some people around you, perhaps, even in your local church that may not be living right; don’t judge them. Instead, be the light that wins them over. That’s what Jesus said in our theme verse.

One of the reasons people may not be living right where you are may be that your light isn’t shining brightly enough. When a Christian condemns other Christians about their way of life, he may think he’s being spiritual when it’s actually an expression of carnality. Don’t write anyone off because of their errors; Jesus also paid the price for their mistakes. He took responsibility for all our wrongs. He alone has the right to judge; yet, He doesn’t condemn us.

The Bible says “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit” (Romans 8:1). People who are carnally minded only see the wrong in other people. Those people may have actually made mistakes, or are making mistakes, but their hearts may be right with God such that when they realize their error and are corrected, they’d quickly repent. A good example is David; he did something that was wrong, but he was truly repentant and sought and received the Lord’s forgiveness (Read 2 Samuel 12:1-13). But that wasn’t the case with Saul. When Saul was rebuked for what he did wrong, he defended himself, and God was angry with him (Read 1 Samuel 15).

The local church isn’t for “perfect” people, but for perfecting people. Come as you are, and the Word of God will wash you clean; the Word will perfect you. The five-fold ministry gifts listed in Ephesians 4:11-12 are for the perfecting of the saints for the work of the ministry and for the edifying of the body of Christ.

In the Church, we can recognize when people do something that’s wrong; yet, like Jesus, don’t judge them. That’s why we share the Word of God (Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17). The Word of God has the ability to correct any man, and help them redirect their steps. Share the Gospel; don’t condemn others.

CONFESSION

The love of God is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Spirit by whom I relate with everyone around me with loving kindness, compassion and grace. I see the best in people, and by the Spirit, I’m able to impact them with the grace and glory of Christ; my light shines so brightly and draws men to the righteousness of God expressed in and through me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY

Matthew 7:1-2 (TLB)
1 Don’t criticize, and then you won’t be criticized. 2 For others will treat you as you treat them.

Ephesians 2:4-5 (KJV)
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink

Luke 6:37 (KJV)
37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

1 Corinthians 9 & Psalms 128-134

Luke 18:28-34 & 1 Samuel 11-12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 3:53am On Aug 25, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities 25 August 2021 Devotional Guide By Pastor Chris Oyahkilome
Topic: Mirroring Yourself In The Word

Scripture: But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord (2 Corinthians 3:18).

The term “glass” in the scripture above is the Greek “katoptrizomai,” and it means to mirror oneself. The New International Version says, “And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever- increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.” It’s talking about the mirror of God, which is the Word of God.

As you study and meditate on the Word, you’re mirroring yourself! What you see in the mirror is the glory of God. Through meditation, the Word takes root in your spirit and becomes one with your spirit; it creates a picture in your mind: the image of God’s glory.

For example, you may have thought you were a dirty sinner, but then you looked in the mirror of God and saw that you’re the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus; you’ve been declared not guilty; divinely acquitted! Blessed be God! This should completely change your perception and cause you to become immediately righteousness-conscious, and walk henceforth in righteousness.

Perhaps you were told you wouldn’t amount to anything in life; you’re a poor, wretched nobody. But the Word—the mirror of God—shows otherwise.

It shows you belong in a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people— handpicked by God to display His manifold wisdom and express the virtues and perfections of divinity (1 Peter 2:9). This is the truth about your personality that you must accept and endorse. Hallelujah!

Maybe for several nights, Satan has been oppressing you in your sleep, and you thought you needed “deliverance.” But you look in the mirror and see, “Giving thanks unto the Father…Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son” (Colossians 1:12-13). Immediately, that truth should get a hold of your spirit and you begin to exercise dominion over Satan and the forces of darkness.

There’s so much that happens to, and in your spirit as you meditate on the Word; you’re transformed to become what you see. Hold on to the picture, the image of you that’s projected by the Word; that’s the reality you must keep affirming, regardless of circumstances.

CONFESSION
I’m perfected in Christ, and I’m the glory of God; I can do all things through Christ and no weapon fashioned against me shall prosper. I’m eternally triumphant and can never be disadvantaged. Therefore, I fix my gaze on the Word and accept only the image and reflection of me that it projects. Blessed be God!

FURTHER STUDY
Romans 12:2; James 1:23-25

1 Corinthians 10:1-13; Psalms 135-138

Luke 18:35-43; 1 Samuel 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:47am On Aug 26, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities 26 August 2021 Devotional Guide By Pastor Chris Oyahkilome

Topic: Trust The Grace Of God

Scripture: Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus (2 Timothy 2:1).

There’s no doubt that as Christians, we’re mightily graced of God; He’s lavished His grace upon us in superabundance. An important question to therefore ask would be, how far can we go with this grace? How much more can we explore this grace? Our theme verse admonishes us to “be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.”

To be strong in the grace of God is to walk in the fullness of His grace. In Acts 3, the Bible gives us a perfect example of how we can use the grace of God and produce supernatural results. Peter and John were going into the temple at the time of prayer, and they found a man who was crippled from birth. The Bible says the beggar, “Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms” (Acts 3:3).

Peter knew this was an opportunity to put the grace of God to work. So, he said to the man, “Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk” (Acts 3:6). But the man didn’t quite get up. Then Peter yanked him up, and immediately, his ankle bones received strength, and the man was healed. Blessed be God! He placed a demand on the grace of God, and it worked!

This is what you’ve got to do in your life. Explore the grace of God in your everyday affairs, in simple matters; use it. Depend on it for the results you expect, the positive outcomes you desire in your life, ministry, work, family, business or academics.

Grace promotes. Grace lifts; it’ll take you from where you are right now to your next and higher place in and with the Spirit. Remember what He said to the Apostle Paul when he (Paul) was in a predicament: “…My grace is sufficient for thee…” (2 Corinthians 12:9); in other words, that’s what you need! Trust the grace of God to help you accomplish God’s call and purpose for your life.

CONFESSION
The grace of God that brings favour, prosperity, health, supernatural increase and liberality is at work in me, so strong. I trust that grace to help me win and set supernatural records today. As I fulfil God’s purpose and do His will, that outward reflection of a divine influence is evident in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
John 1:16; Romans 5:17; 2 Corinthians 9:8

1 Corinthians 10:14-33; 1 Corinthians 11:1; Psalms 139-141

Luke 19:1-10; 1 Samuel 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:26am On Aug 27, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities 27 August 2021 Devotional Guide By Pastor Chris Oyahkilome

Topic: Walk And Stay In Truth

Scripture: For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist (2 John 1:7).

The Word of God is truth; you can’t know the Word and be deceived or follow the wrong voice. 1 John 4:1 says, “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.” Always, there’s a light in your spirit when you know the Word of God such that you’re not misled by false prophets, false teachers, and false brethren.

One of the ways that many are easily misled is through wrong associations. If as a Christian, you start associating with certain individuals who aren’t supposed to be in your “aion” (your course of life)— individuals who have a doctrine or training that’s inconsistent with the teaching and truth of the Word— you’re definitely in a wrong direction.

With time, such people could become your advisers, and before long, your language will change. This is how many are motivated or inspired by the spirit of error, and they go into error. The Bible says, “We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error” (1 John 4:6). Stay in the truth!

The Apostle John was so concerned about God’s people knowing and walking in truth. In 2 John 1:1, he said, “The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth.” God wants you walking in the truth because as read in our theme verse, many deceivers are in the world who don’t confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. They acknowledge neither the incarnation nor the resurrection of Christ.

To confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh means making confession to this truth, living a life that’s worthy of this truth, giving glory to God. So, in these last days, walk in truth. John says, “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth” (3 John 1:4).

CONFESSION
Thank you precious Holy Spirit, for teaching me the Word and causing me to walk and stay in truth. I’ll never be deceived, because God’s Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path; that Word is in me, strong, transforming my life and impacting those around me with the righteousness of Christ, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
1 John 2:26-27; 2 John 1:7-8; 3 John 1:11-12; 1 John 4:6

1 Corinthians 11:2-34; Psalms 142-145

Luke 19:11-19; 1 Samuel 15
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:34am On Aug 28, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional 28 August 2021

Topic: The Impartation Of Eternal Life

Scripture: And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son (1 John 5:11).

When you believed the Gospel of Jesus Christ and received Him as Lord of your life, He imparted your spirit with eternal life. Eternal life is the nature of God; the God-type of life. Christianity starts with the impartation of the life and nature of God into your human spirit, right after which you’re awakened to the fatherhood of God; you come alive in God! That’s also the evidence that you’re in the Kingdom of God’s dear Son.

The Bible says we were delivered from the domain of darkness, and transferred into the Kingdom of God’s Son (Colossians 1:13). You live in the Kingdom of God now; and you have eternal life now. But if you don’t recognize this reality, you can’t live the Kingdom life; you’ll be walking as a mere mortal.

Now that you’re born again, immortality took over mortality: “This truth is now being unveiled by the revelation of the anointed Jesus, our life-giver, who has dismantled death, obliterating all its effects on our lives, and has manifested his immortal life in us by the Gospel” (2 Timothy 1:10 TPT). You don’t have two natures in you; you have one, and it’s the immortal life and nature of God. You’re a divine being encased in a human body; born of the Word of God.

Don’t think you’re an ordinary person or like your next-door neighbour who isn’t born again just because you have a similar physical body. No; you’re a partaker of the divine nature. You’re in God’s class of being; it was His work; He determined for it to be so. It’s what Jesus came to do: He came to give us eternal life and make fellowship—oneness with God—possible, and He accomplished it. Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
I’m a partaker of the divine nature; an associate of the God-kind. My spirit has been imparted with eternal life—the God-type of life! Therefore, I live in the realm of incorruptibility, immortality, everlasting joy, peace and glory; reigning and ruling over Satan, his demons and the elements of this world. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
John 10:10; 1 John 5:11-12

1 Corinthians 12; Psalms 146-150

Luke 19:20-27; 1 Samuel 16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 6:43am On Aug 29, 2021
TOPIC: The Church Is The Body Of Christ (Rhapsody of Realities 29 August 2021)

SCRIPTURE: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones (Ephesians 5:30).

There’re some who see the Church as a Gentile nation that got some “second-class” salvation from God. Those who hold such erroneous beliefs about the Church don’t understand the mystery of the Church.

The reason some people don’t understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ about the Church is that the Old Testament, which is what they hold on to, doesn’t explain the revelation of the Church. It was a mystery; it wasn’t revealed to the Old Testament prophets. So, the experts in Judaism don’t know anything about the Church, even though the prophets testified of salvation of Gentiles. To learn about the Church, you’d have to study from the gospels (from the words of Jesus Himself) and then into the epistles where the revelation of the Church as the Body of Christ was unveiled.

Ephesians 2:16-17 says, “And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.” In other words, God preached peace and reconciliation to both the Jews and the Gentiles and brought them together in one body called the Church! It’s a new body made up of people from among the two groups: Jews and Gentiles. However, to be in this body, you must be born again, whether you’re a Jew or you’re a Gentile.

Neither of the two groups is inferior to the other. Our opening verse says, “For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.” It doesn’t get closer than that! The Church is His body. And when He said, “…I will build my church…” (Matthew 16:18), He was talking about the body of Christ, and that’s you and me, all our brothers and sisters around the world; we’re the expressions of His reality, of His fullness, His grace, glory, kingdom, power and personality. We’re His body! Glory to God!

CONFESSION

I’m a member of the body of Christ, the expression of His reality, His grace, glory, kingdom, power and personality! He’s my completeness. What an honour it is to be the expression of His fullness! I carry His life and divinity in me—spirit, soul and body—because I’m a member of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones! Praise God.

FURTHER STUDY:

Galatians 3:27-28 (KJV)
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

1 Corinthians 12:12 (KJV)
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Colossians 3:10-11 (KJV)
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

1 Corinthians 13 & Proverbs 1-2

Luke 19:28-40 &1 Samuel 17
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:15am On Aug 30, 2021
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES GUIDE FOR MONDAY 30TH AUGUST 2021
TOPIC: EVER-INCREASING GRACE, FAITH AND GLORY

SCRIPTURE: And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace (John 1:16)

In Christ, we were given a life that started with grace. The English Standard Version (ESV) of our theme verse says, “And from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.” Hallelujah! It was with grace that your salvation came. There’s absolutely nothing in this world—including its fame or fortune— that could be compared with what the grace of Jesus Christ has bequeathed to you.

His grace granted you all things. By His grace, you’ve been endowed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 1:32 Peter 1:3). His grace brought acceptability, advantage, favour, joy, liberality, pleasure, and fulfillment. Glory to God!

Secondly, your life is also from faith to faith; ever increasing faith! Talking about the Gospel, the Bible says, “For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith…”Romans 1:17). The more you receive God’s Word, the greater your faith, for “…faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God ”Romans 10:17. Then, as you understand faith, and walk in God’s righteousness, it goes to the next level, which is “from glory to glory.” So, your life never goes down; it’s upward and forward only.

So, be more conscious of the glorious life of boundless grace, faith and glory that you have in Christ. Every so often, declare, “I’m moving from grace to grace, faith to faith, and from glory to glory.” Hallelujah!

CONFESSION
My life is characterised by grace; grace heaped upon grace! God’s grace that brings favour, prosperity, health and supernatural increase has been lavished on my life! And by my faith, I’m leaping over walls; the world is beaten down before me; I reign over Satan and the elements of this world. My life is for the glory of God; His glory in, and through me is ever-increasing, to fulfil His purpose for my life, in the Name of the Lord Jesus! Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
Hebrews 4:16; 2 Timothy 2:1; Romans 4:16; 2 Corinthians 3:18

1 Corinthians 14 & Proverbs 3-4

Luke 19:41-48 & 1 Samuel 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:06am On Aug 31, 2021
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES GUIDE FOR TUESDAY 31ST AUGUST 2021
TODAY’S TOPIC: WE’RE SELF SUFFICIENT

SCRIPTURE: Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content (Philippians 4:11)

One of the attributes of God is that He’s self-sufficient. He doesn’t need anything from anyone or anywhere. Everything is in Him. He doesn’t “need” power; He is power. He doesn’t “need” wisdom; He is wisdom. He doesn’t “need” righteousness; He is righteousness. He’s the self- existent and self-sufficient God. Did you know that’s the life He’s given you as well?

Like Him, you don’t have to depend on external forces or factors. Everything you require to fulfil all that God wants you to do, and to be all that He created you to be is in you. Consider the Greek rendering of the word “content” in our theme scripture; it’s “autarkes,” from where the English derived the word “Autarchy.”Autarchy is the policy of economic independence on external forces; to be self-sufficient.

When you study 2 Corinthians 9:8 (AMPC), you see this clearly as God’s will for His children. It says, “And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation].”

This is simple to comprehend because truly, a Christian is one in whom Christ dwells, and Christ is everything. When you have Christ, you’re full; you have it all. This was something I meditated on much in my youth, and I made up my mind it was going to be my experience and it’s been ever since.

Make up your mind to live in blessings and abundance, because it’s the life God has given to you in Christ. Refuse to allow circumstances determine or dictate the outcome of your life. Live in God’s Word. Even if it’s power you thought you needed, the Holy Spirit Himself, who is the power of God, lives in you. His power in you is inherent; self-generating. Your responsibility is to activate and put it to work at all times.

Get to know who you are and live accordingly, independent of circumstances. Hallelujah!

PRAYER
Dear Father, I thank you, for you’ve granted me all things that pertain to life and godliness. No matter what happens, I’ll always be on top, because everything I require for absolute victory and supernatural prosperity is in my spirit. I bring forth success from within me, and I’m moving from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
2 Corinthians 3:5 AMPC; 1 John 4:4; 2 Peter 1:3; Colossians 1:27

1 Corinthians 15:1-34 & Proverbs 5-7

Luke 20:1-8 & 1 Samuel 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 6:37am On Sep 01, 2021
TOPIC: The Greatness of His Name (Rhapsody of Realities 1 September 2021)

SCRIPTURE: Christ rules there above all heavenly rulers, authorities, powers, and lords; he has a title superior to all titles of authority in this world and in the next (Ephesians 1:21 GNB).

Did you know that in the Millennium, they’d have to use the Name of Jesus? That’s the same Name we’ve already been given and have lived in, lived by, used and enjoyed for almost 2000 years. Glory to God! Sadly, many today still don’t understand the authority that’s vested in the Name of Jesus and the power of attorney given to us to use it. That’s why they’ve never fully enjoyed the benefits of it.

Jesus has a Name that’s superior to all titles of authority in this world and in the next. So, learn to use His Name. The Weymouth New Testament describes the transcendent greatness of His power, the infinitude of His might, and the supremacy and dominion of His Name, reign and glory both in this age and in the age to come: “…that you may know…the transcendent greatness of His power…as seen in the working of His infinite might when He displayed it in Christ by raising Him from the dead and seating Him at His own right hand in the heavenly realms, high above all other government and authority and power and dominion, and every title of sovereignty used either in this Age or in the Age to come” (Ephesians 1:18-21 WNT).

The most beautiful part is that His authority, His rulership, reign and dominion is for the benefit of the Church. He is all that He is—His Name wields all the power that it wields—for our benefit. Ephesians 1:22 NLT says, “…God has put all things under the authority of Christ, and he gave him this authority for the benefit of the church.”

Never live as a victim. Don’t live an ordinary life. Use the Name of Jesus. He said, “All authority is given unto me in heaven and in earth.” Then on the basis of that authority, He said, “Go ye therefore…” (Matthew 28:19). Devils, angels, life, death, hell, the world, circumstances, living and non-living things hear and respond to you in His Name. Therefore, be conscious of the transcendent greatness of His Name; live and do all things in His Name.

CONFESSION
Jesus is set in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion and every name that’s named. Therefore, all of nature, angels and demons hear and obey when I speak, because I stand and speak in the authority of Jesus. Glory to God!

FURTHER STUDY

Isaiah 45:23 (KJV) – I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Ephesians 1:19-23 (KJV) – 19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Philippians 2:9-10 (KJV) – 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

1 Corinthians 15:35-58; Proverbs 8-9

Luke 20:9-18; 1 Samuel 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:00am On Sep 02, 2021
TOPIC: An Endless Era Of Glory (Rhapsody of Realities 2 September 2021)

SCRIPTURE: Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen (Ephesians 3:20-21).

The Greek word translated “ages” in the verse above is “genea” and it means generations; “all ages” here refers to all the generations of the Church. Then it goes further to say, “world without end,” meaning “an endless era.” When Christ rose from the dead and sent the Holy Spirit to begin the Church, we began an endless era; the era of the Church that’ll never end!

Satan only takes over this world after we’ve been raptured. We’ll be with the Lord for seven years (timeline on earth), and then come back with Him to this earth to reign and rule with Him. The power and glory of God that we see in Christ today isn’t about to come to an end. We’re into something that knows no end; the glory only goes on. The Bible says, “But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day” (Proverbs 4:18). This is what the world doesn’t understand. No one can ever bring down the Church of Jesus Christ.

When Satan tries to incite his demons against the Church or against the work of God, all that’s necessary is for any child of God who’s full of faith and the Holy Ghost to rise up and exercise dominion. Glory to God! There’s “a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory” waiting for us (2 Corinthians 4:17). This is why you can be full of joy every day, because your life can only be ever more glorious. Hallelujah!

PRAYERS

I’ve been born into an endless era of glory! My path is as the shining light that shines brighter and brighter unto the perfect day. No matter what happens in the world or around me, I’m forever victorious, making progress with giant strides, from glory to glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:

Proverbs 4:18 (NIV) – The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.

Matthew 16:18 (KJV) – And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Ephesians 3:20-21 (MSG) – God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

1-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
1 Corinthians 16:1-24 & Proverbs 10-11

2-YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Luke 20:19-26 & 1 Samuel 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 7:16am On Sep 03, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities 3 September 2021 Devotional Guide By Pastor Chris Oyahkilome

Topic: An Outward Show Of An Inner Truth

Scripture: Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD (Psalm 134:2).

Have you ever wondered why oftentimes, people look towards the sky when we say, “Let us pray?” It’s actually an outward show of an inner truth, of something spiritual, because the Father isn’t in the sky but inside us; He lives in you. So, don’t get confused by the motions and outward expressions and gesticulations.

Psalm 141:2 says, “Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.” When David, a prophet of God, wrote this, he was well acquainted with the priesthood ministry of the Old Testament in the old tabernacle. He spoke prophetically and likened the evening sacrifice in the Old Testament to the lifting of our hands in worship today.

Also, the Bible says, “Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD” (Psalm 134:2). The Apostle Paul reiterated the same thing; he understood the importance of lifting our hands in worship when he said by the Spirit, “I will therefore that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands without wrath and doubting” (1 Timothy 2:cool.

When your hands are lifted up in worship, you’re affirming that the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made you free from death and the law of sin; you’re affirming your liberty, joy, access into God’s presence and your oneness with Him. You’re not trying to “reach out” to God as though He were far away; He’s in you, you’re in Him; and you know it. Blessed be God!

CONFESSION
Dear Father, I lift my hands to you today in holiness, to bless and adore you for your love, righteousness and grace! I’m forever grateful that the Holy Spirit has made His permanent abode in my heart. He lives in me in His fullness, and fulfils His ministry in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY
1 Corinthians 3:16; Psalm 134:1-2

2 Corinthians 1-24; 2 Corinthians 2:1-4; Proverbs 12-13

Luke 20:27-38; 1 Samuel 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional For Today 13th December 2021 by GraceAndPeace: 6:40am On Sep 04, 2021
Rhapsody of Realities 4th September 2021 Devotional Guide By Pastor Chris Oyahkilome

Topic: Always In Charge

Scripture: In your patience possess ye your souls (Luke 21:19).

The words above are the words of Jesus, and He’s telling you to always be in control while you wait; it’s an attitude of victory. When you’re confident in the Lord, in His ability and power at work in and through you, nothing shakes you.

Perhaps you suddenly received news that your spouse, child or a loved one has been rushed to the theatre for an emergency procedure. Instead of being rattled, be in charge and in control. Don’t start pacing the floor, edgy about the situation: relax. Take charge!

Never panic or be overwhelmed with fear when you face dire circumstances or opposition; maintain your composure and use your authority in Christ. Pray in rest, for He’s brought us into His rest. Take a hold of God’s Word, knowing who you are and your authority in Christ, and then issue commands. Tame the situation.

The challenges you face are “bread” for you; they’re the springboard to your next and higher level of glory. That’s why the Bible says, “Count it all joy when you go through diverse tests” (James 1:2). 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 calls the adversities you face “light afflictions,” transient and short-lived troubles—they produce for you a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.

There’s nothing in this world that should get you ruffled or agitated. Meditate on these words of Jesus in John 16:33 AMPC: “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you].”

CONFESSION
I’m in charge and in control of my life and circumstances. I’m strong, bold and courageous, functioning from a vantage position of rest because God has separated me from the world and given me a life of faith and victory through the Word. I live victoriously and triumphantly above sickness, disease, inflation and terror. I’m more than a conqueror, for greater is He that’s in me than he that’s in the world. Hallelujah!

FURTHER STUDY
Philippians 4:6; John 16:33

2 Corinthians 2:5-17; 2 Corinthians 3:1-6; Proverbs 14-15

Luke 20:39-47; 1 Samuel 23

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Once A Christian...unsure...questioning. A Thread For Questions. / Chris Oyakhilome, Is He A Man From Satan? / Pope Francis Urges Nigerians To Imbibe Religious Tolerance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 265
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.