Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care (23725 Views)

Married Women Don't Care About Condoms When They Cheat / Women Don't Care About Your Struggle. / 'I Need A Wealthy & Handsome Boyfriend, I Don't Care If He Is Gay- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by Juban(m): 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2021
Most times the problem predate the nieces and nephews.

I have an uncle like that, he did everything under the sun for me not to succeed. He refused to help me but went further to spread false information against me to people that could be of help. Unfortunately for him, I survived and am doing well for myself. I am only afraid to have his children around me because he is capable of anything. Even my mom that witnessed everything will not allow it because I lost my father early in life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by SchoolGate: 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2021
Shayron:
I have seen this quite a lot it's very common amongst our people here in the south.
Well. According to the Christian Bible: the kingdom is taken by force wink

You can even be the governor of the state but as the best web developer in Nigeria I don't fucking care once I show up in any arena, anything you take I demand for double. Even you buy a carton of beer I buy double cool

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by Geesaintagape: 12:28pm On Aug 05, 2021
Mostly they see the niece or nephew as rivals
Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by chatinent: 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2021
Act?

They aren't playing no script. They don't care! Not that they are wicked, no, they have their own responsibilities.

Focus on building your life alone.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by BouquiLake: 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2021
What is all this My friend this, my friend that.... I'm sure its you the situation is about.. If you say na you, who go beat you? Abi which family no get am?

Shayron:
I have been on this forum for quite sometime, I have been a guest all this while but my friend is in desperate need of help so I figure out it would be better if I seek you guys opinion.

I have a friend who's uncle is a well to do man works in a big organization and can use is influence to secure jobs or loans for my freind.

My freind has been at his Mercy for quite some time now, she is very hard-working though but she has witnessed the man help those who ain't even family members secure jobs in great places.

This is someone she calls family and uncle. This is not the first time of seeing this, I have seen this quite a lot it's very common amongst our people here in the south.

My question is why do family members turn your backs on you even though they have the power to help you out of your current situation. Blood they say is Thicke than water if I can't help my cousin or nephew then why are we family. She has been begging this man, and this man clearly can work things out.
She has a work herself but it's not self sustaining coupled with the act that she has younger ones to look after.

I have told her to look elsewhere that sometimes our helpers are not close as we think? What kinda advie would you give her

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by saintol(m): 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
If you don't have yourself and you think you have someone, then you are deceiving yourself. In life, learn to have yourself.
Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by tunjilee003: 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Just normal for Africans

They don't want to help their loved ones

Not knowing that the easiest way to become a Billionaire is to ensure that you help people around you to become a millionaire first....

And I have noticed something...it seems the uncles from our mother side are more caring and assisting than those moda fuckkking uncles from our fathers family .....and the most annoying thing is that we always share the same ancestral surname with those fuckkking uncles from the fathers family....still they will not be willing to help

So op...if that your friend's uncle is from the father's family....your friend should not rely on him...
Anyway....what do I know....am just a weed smoker, a pussy banger and a drunkard
you're not far from the truth, I've been staying with my paternal family for more than three years and I can't pinpoint what my uncles have ever done for me, except my grandmother who feed me...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2021
Ajumobi o kan t'aanu, eni oluwa baa ran si'ni l'on se'ni l'oore
Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by mastertek: 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2021
You answer the question without even know

oyeb15:
Inborn rivalry. If the eldest child is the first millionaire in the family, he/she won't want the younger ones to reach that feat so that they will remain at his/her mercy as the leader.

But,If the younger or youngest child is the first millionaire, the family will balance like the case of the Obi cubanas , emoney etc

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by obama30: 12:37pm On Aug 05, 2021
Shayron:
I have been on this forum for quite sometime, I have been a guest all this while but my friend is in desperate need of help so I figure out it would be better if I seek you guys opinion.

I have a friend who's uncle is a well to do man works in a big organization and can use is influence to secure jobs or loans for my freind.

My freind has been at his Mercy for quite some time now, she is very hard-working though but she has witnessed the man help those who ain't even family members secure jobs in great places.

This is someone she calls family and uncle. This is not the first time of seeing this, I have seen this quite a lot it's very common amongst our people here in the south.

My question is why do family members turn your backs on you even though they have the power to help you out of your current situation. Blood they say is Thicke than water if I can't help my cousin or nephew then why are we family. She has been begging this man, and this man clearly can work things out.
She has a work herself but it's not self sustaining coupled with the act that she has younger ones to look after.

I have told her to look elsewhere that sometimes our helpers are not close as we think? What kinda advise would you give her

she should ask her father about his contribution to make his brother be in position he is today.

Is your friend parent among the one that want to bring the man down by all cost and later fail.

Is your friend father sized all their grand parent property and useless it in the name of first son, and after the suffering of the junior ones, you want them to help you.

your parent have all the answer you need, some foolish people has cut off the bride their children's need to succeed in future because of greediness and envy.

words is easy to say but can't be wipe out from eavesdropper memories even after they you have been forgiven.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by qtguru(m): 12:40pm On Aug 05, 2021
Shayron:

I have told her to look elsewhere that sometimes our helpers are not close as we think? What kinda advie would you give her

Maybe your friend doesn't the skills for those great jobs, does she have a plan or an idea or just expecting the uncle to place her somehwhere.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by 7pages(m): 12:43pm On Aug 05, 2021
I've 3 multi millionaires in my paternal side immediate family but none of them give a damn or can even joke with common 10k with us

I forget I've a family longtime ago, have been in street all my life, if someone like me had not manage my social relations in the street well, my story might have turn to 2pac own

abeg check my SIG if you dey ikorodu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by Legendrysailor(m): 12:43pm On Aug 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Just normal for Africans

Not knowing that the easiest way to become a Billionaire is to ensure that you help people around you to become a millionaire first....

And I have noticed something...it seems the uncles from our mother side are more caring and assisting than those moda fuckkking uncles from our fathers family .....and the most annoying thing is that we always share the same ancestral surname with those fuckkking uncles from the fathers family....still they will not be willing to help

So op...if that your friend's uncle is from the father's family....your friend should not rely on him...
Anyway....what do I know....am just a weed smoker, a pussy banger and a drunkard

grin grin grin. Ur are on point bro, uncles from d paternal side are heartless and mean

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by Oyiboman69: 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2021
Beancounter94:

Because in Nigeria, when you use your influence to get loans for family members, that loan won't get paid back. Attempts to get that money would be met with 'but we are family now?'

Because in Nigeria, when you get a job for a family member, that job won't be well done, because 'i am related to the big person, no one can touch me'

The concept of family in Nigeria is 'taking advantage of someone because that someone is related to me'. Better to help stangers than to help family.

P.S The job your firend may be going for,....she might not be qualified.
height irrelevance
Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by Getrich47(m): 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2021
Because they actually don't
Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by mabea: 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2021
Shayron:

Your advice is the best anyone can give. Personally I have conquered the mindset of believing that I have someone somewhere who could help me. I believe in God and he's all I've got. If anybody anywhere helps I always see it as a privilege from God only and this has really worked for me greatly.
Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by Basicend: 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2021
dingbang:
She is putting all her hopes on the man instead of God.

Don't mind the op. .

I have never and can never rely on any family member or any man. . God eyes first, and He always prooves faithful.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by mabea: 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Just normal for Africans

Don't generalize biko. They are still a host of caring and helping relatives in high places here in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by Cholls(m): 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2021
saintol:
If you don't have yourself and you think you have someone, then you are deceiving yourself. In life, learn to have yourself.
my brother Ijebu people will say "o ne rare oni o ne eyan"
Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2021
Good Afternoon Sir/Ma

My name is Olaoluwa

I had an accident on 22nd of May, 2021 in which my left leg got broken in three places. I got hit by a car while crossing to the other side of the road. The car was following one way. It was in the night, around 8pm. The driver drove away after hitting me. I was rescued and brought home by people in the area.

Please I need to get these medications for total healing of my leg.

Medmoral

Diclomol

Sivoxiclov (625mg)

Vitamin C (White)

Calcimax

Cenpain

Nufenac

Antibiotic Injection

Please help me with any amount. I am unable to get sleep because of the pain I am feeling in my knee. I need to get the drugs listed above.

Please any amount you can give me will go a long way in buying the drugs listed above.

Please help me, givers never lack, you will never lack any good things of life. May God Almighty in his infinite glory replenish your bank accounts in a million fold. Goodness, blessings and mercy shall follow you all the days of your life. Amen

Thank you.

MY BANK DETAILS

Bank: First Bank

Account Number: 3173689537

Account Name: Tunde Olaoluwa

Accident will never be your portion. Thank You.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-kWjz7uqN4

This video shows how severe my wound is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQ15Hvmwpk

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by faithfull18(f): 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2021
Help comes from God, she should stop depending on man. Help comes from unexpected places. I am a witness, such help is sweeter.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by PrimadonnaO(f): 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Just normal for Africans

@emboldened I know this for a fact.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by niel63(m): 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2021
I believe we are all created differently. To each it's own.

I have a sister who's been in the UK for 10years, married with 3 kids and yet she hasn't even sent toothbrush home not to talk of taking just any member of the family. (Common calls sef we no dey see..)
I see through her lies, I see through her deceptions but then, it's her life.

Life waits for no one... so, don't expect anything from anybody. Let your friend pick herself up and develop herself, she will find out that she really do not need him to press forward.
Na inside life na so expect anything. If I tell you the whole story, you go cry for me. But I moved on, I stood fast.
Anyone too can. E hard sha ooo grin grin grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by OBIPLUS(m): 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2021
And that is why the world will know no peace because most now involve in norms, taboos to meet up.
Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by niel63(m): 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

I know this for a fact.

Those are our true uncles... our father's are our competitors.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2021
IS MY FAMILY SUPPOSED TO BE A LIABILITY FOR ME WHEN DEY SUPPOSED USE THE BRAIN GOD GIVE EVERYONE TO LEARN A GOOD JOB TO BECOME SOMEBODY TOMORROW ____I suppose slap who posted this anyhow reason
Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by lawrenzoo: 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2021
I do not know if you are a christian or not, but i want you to know that everything is for a purpose. You remember the story of Moses, pharaoh and isrealites? We were made to know that it was God that haddened the heart of pharoah which made him not to release the isrealites on time for a purpose.

When you have some people around you that you feel are capable of helping you and refuse to help, it is because you are relying on them and not God. God wants you to only rely on him, it is when we rely on God that he will be the one to choose whom will be of help to us and not the one we think.

I remembered when my wife had a breast lump and we needed money to add to what we have with us for surgery as advised by doctor, we approached 2 billionaires for just N150,000 for the operation, you will not believe that they turned down our request? We did not know that it was God that haddened their heart because he wanted us to rely on him for help. It was after we turned to God that we realised he did not want my wife to go through that surgery. The lump dissappeared miraculously without surgery.

Tell her not to bug the uncle but allow God to send her own helper by relying on God for the help she needs.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by Kayodeblaze(m): 1:07pm On Aug 05, 2021
They don't want competition! They always want to be the one to run to when the family needs help! They always want to be the breadwinner! Ego! They are afraid of what you might become!! So so many factor! My Uncle once denied me of playing football abroad because he was the only one capable then. Now loot at we! Telling his son to come and spend the holiday with us! Well! I'm not available and will never be available!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by Goldbw122(m): 1:15pm On Aug 05, 2021
You juat have to hustle on your own, that is how is suppose to be.
Help from other will just be like a extra.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by ebullient19(f): 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2021
There's a difference between friends and family, a friend can turn to a family and not vice versa. I believe also that help can come from anywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care by ChiefS(m): 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2021
You have only heard from your friend and not his uncle. He who wears the shoe knows where it pinches. You may assume the uncle does not care but you do not know the amount he is paying monthly as loan. You don't know his relationship with the HR or management of the company you think he is in a position to offer employment. Let's stop this entitlement mentality. Let's learn to work hard and trust God who makes all things possible. Let's stop blaming others for our woes.

Shayron:

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

American Babes Vs. Nigerian Babes / Must Read Romance Story: S*x And The City (18+) Season 1 Episode 1 / Cute Photo Of A Couple That Met On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.