Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK (18376 Views)

Nigerian Doctors Wait As Indian Doctors Gain Approval To Practice In US, Canada / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors / How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by adedayourt(m): 11:37am On Aug 05, 2021
Starcrest1:

Nawa o. With all our debt we can't seem to get anything right in this country.

The light of hope some of us had for this country has gone dim
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by ignis: 11:39am On Aug 05, 2021
Starcrest1:
The day I went to one teaching hospital, see crowd that was being attended to by few young doctors.

To see a consultant there sef na war. I had to abandon my file there and find a private hospital.

If this continues, then we are going to wake up one day and find out that our doctors have all left.

We will resort to native doctors.
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by LordErrk: 11:40am On Aug 05, 2021
louqas:
I wish them sucess

Thousands more in our medical schools to replace them

They wont be missed

I'm a med student, and the only thing we wish to do is leave this country for ingrates like yourself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by releastaso(m): 11:42am On Aug 05, 2021
louqas:
I wish them sucess

They wont be missed

Mumu. You don't know that the ones still in school are worse off in terms of remaining in Nigeria. Medical students that have started writing foreign exams to travel once they graduate
grin grin grin grin grin grin cool cool cool cool
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by releastaso(m): 11:44am On Aug 05, 2021
LordErrk:

I'm a med student, and the only thing we wish to do is leave this country for ingrates like yourself

Thank you my dear for enlightening the ignoramus cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by LordErrk: 11:44am On Aug 05, 2021
stagger:

What people like you do not realize is that the "thousands" still in medical school are already woke and preparing to leave as well. Many are writing USMLE in Year 5.

Don't mind them. They obviously don't understand the situation Nigeria is in. My course mates are writing USMLE next month,
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by Hassanmaye(m): 11:44am On Aug 05, 2021
adenigga:
https://punchng.com/150-Nigerian-doctors-ready-for-exams-ahead-practicing-in-UK
Just imagine sir, this is the brain drain, Nigerian professionals train here leave this country and move to Europe! Only for Buhari to Get to England and be treated by our train doctors, no wonder we are left with bandits, cultists, worst of it BUBU was 'Quart' life saying there are no Jobs for the youths but they can Get job abroad Na. Hmmm

1 Like

Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by Jaqenhghar: 11:49am On Aug 05, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
Brain drain in Nigeria o

People with expertise,skills and Intellect are leaving nigeria in massive numbers.no wonder fools pass reasonable people for nigeria while unfortunate low lives will be running nigeria.

...and why should they not. What facilities are there for them to use their brains?
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by releastaso(m): 11:51am On Aug 05, 2021
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by armadeo(m): 12:26pm On Aug 05, 2021
stagger:

What people like you do not realize is that the "thousands" still in medical school are already woke and preparing to leave as well. Many are writing USMLE in Year 5.

Leave am make e dey talk thrash there.

The doctors leaving now are fed up. The doctors in school have realised that there is no need to wait at all.

Just graduate and jaapa straight. Immediately after nysc dem don commot.
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by louqas: 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2021
LordErrk:

No you are actually the ingrates here...you get subsidized medical education here in Nigeria and then bolt away to countries you couldn't afford their medical school fees...how ironic you are willing to endure the bad situation for the certificate but dont want to endure the working conditions you are very well aware of.

If you want to practice medicine abroad then go school abroad and allow those who want to stay to stay
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by louqas: 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2021
medinho:

You try think na. So if the older ones are leaving it's the younger ones you think want to stay back.

Solve the math na.

Choice....no maths to solve , their positions will be filled
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by louqas: 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2021
danilmo:

U funny Sha, each medic sch u see are already orienting their student on the process of leaving d country, many in year 5 are getting usmle/plab books ..

Beside to get good medical attention, u LL need a consultant, do u know what it takes to be a consultant?? That LL b someone who is ready to stay back, be a resident (who are on strike) , study for minimum of 6years, these resident are even the ones writing usmle and orienting the new graduate to find their way out..

The thing is their is a collapse in the health bridge already..

Still boils down to choice....those who will still stay back will stay back . Majority are still staying back that a few leaves now and then doesn't matter
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by louqas: 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2021
CaptainAyub:

Very naive and stupid post.
Very very stupid.
I de shame for you.
Have you heard of the word experience b4?

You are just a stupid fool who thinks experience can only be gotten abroad and too naive to think experience can be gotten while in Nigeria....
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by louqas: 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
costello23:

Which medical schools?

Who wants to work in a country where Doctors are underpaid and owed several months or salaries and arrears

But dont mind getting the subsidized medical education Nigeria offer you ingrates.....why not go study medicne abroad and then stay there to work.....gerrrouut
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by louqas: 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2021
tuoky:
Stupidity at it peak

Coming from a stupid fool like you
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by louqas: 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2021
ImmaculateSpenc:

You don’t sound intelligent.
And in your mind you have made an intelligent comment?
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by louqas: 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2021
malel1:

I pity u , u got no brain atall
Pity your poor miserable family
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by hybridblood07(m): 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2021
You must make! The ones in medical school are yet to be confirmed as doctors. Use your head before you speak
louqas:
I wish them sucess

They wont be missed

1 Like

Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by hybridblood07(m): 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2021
And more likely to move out once there is opportunity
Mcfi:
Good for them ooo. More doctors will surely graduate

1 Like

Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by louqas: 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2021
Jayblaze47:

And you think those doctors in medical school have better experience than those leaving or do you think if they get the opportunity to practice in UK they wouldn't take it?

So its every single doctor that will get opportunity to go to the UK?...those who will leave will leave ....Majority still stay back...that a few leaves now and then means nothing....Majority leaving eventually still return to Nigeria to still put the experience gained to use...so whats the fuss about them leaving
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by thecommunist(m): 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2021
joyandfaith:

See ignorance.
I dey laugh. Nigeria suffering from negative immigration and professionals like doctors are mostly affected. Getting clinical lecturers in new medical schools is now very difficult.
a man must do right by himself and watch out for his own interest. Nigeria is a huge dream killer courtesy of our evil leaders. I support them in mass migration. Nobody owes nobody anything most especially their future and wellbeing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by aribisala0(m): 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2021

1 Like

Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by RodgersAkpafu: 1:22pm On Aug 05, 2021
louqas:
I wish them sucess

They wont be missed
You have no idea what you are talking about
Dont you know that EXPERIENCE is everything when it comes to this field ?
The moment you have most of your experienced hands leaving
That is a sign that your healthcare system is about to get fked
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by MrHealth(m): 1:23pm On Aug 05, 2021
Enjoyed reading through the comments and couldn't help but laugh at some people's level of reasoning grin

Very soon even me that sell and administer PhytoScience Stem Cell Therapy to Patients would soon migrate too grin

With the way Plant Stem Cell Therapy (Non Surgical) is gaining wide recognition, never say never.

The day a patient of mine in UK whom I used this therapy to treat Chronic Kidney Failure, HBP and Diabetes told me that a Sachet of PhytoScience Stem Cell Therapy is being sold at a price of 350 Pounds on the BNF NHS. Just A Sachet o. I almost Faintedshocked

Something that we don't sell and administer for more that 40K for a Whole Pack here in Nigeria yet Nigerians would still be making you angry on topangry

It is well.

UK here we come in full force.

If Nigerians need our product, they should come to the UK and come and get it.

I didn't come to this life to come and be counting Kobo Kobo. We Movee.

Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by RodgersAkpafu: 1:24pm On Aug 05, 2021
aribisala0:
"We have more than enough doctors" Ngige

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvsseehmB4I

https://guardian.ng/news/doctors-can-leave-nigeria-has-enough-says-ngige/
This person talking is a ret@rded soul
More than enough doctors my black arse
Go to some of these teaching and govt hospitals

You will see for yourself the folly in that statement
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by Nozino: 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2021
louqas:

No you are actually the ingrates here...you get subsidized medical education here in Nigeria and then bolt away to countries you couldn't afford their medical school fees...how ironic you are willing to endure the bad situation for the certificate but dont want to endure the working conditions you are very well aware of.

If you want to practice medicine abroad then go school abroad and allow those who want to stay to stay

That is the problem I have with this people. Medical education shouldn’t be subsidized in Nigeria. Let them pay tuition comparable to what their British, Canadian and American and earn comparable wages.
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by edoairways: 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
louqas:
I wish them sucess

They wont be missed
You must be joking
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by LordErrk: 1:36pm On Aug 05, 2021
louqas:

My school fee is more than 3m/year sir. Stop being a fool and shut up

1 Like

Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 05, 2021
louqas:

Varies. School fees are only subsided for government owned universities. For private...it can be as high as 1.2-3million.
Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 05, 2021
LordErrk:

My school fee is more than 3m/year sir. Stop being a fool and shut up

Because you go to a private school. Most medical students go to government schools...where fees are probably at most 200000 naira, if not less.

1 Like

Re: 150 Nigerian Doctors Ready For Exams To Enable Them Practice In The UK by spiceadole: 2:21pm On Aug 05, 2021
Starcrest1:
The day I went to one teaching hospital, see crowd that was being attended to by few young doctors.

To see a consultant there sef na war. I had to abandon my file there and find a private hospital.

If this continues, then we are going to wake up one day and find out that our doctors have all left.

Im so glad I left when I did.
God forbid Nigeria.
Many of my colleagues are migrating.. soon, patients will go to hospital even private hospitals and spend long hours to see a doctor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rats, Mosquitoes Or Bed Bugs: Which Is The Most Annoying To Have In The Room? / January Will Be Tough, Spike In COVID-19 Infections Imminent – NCDC / 75-year-old Woman Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.