Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:34 PM

Damaged Prepaid Meter. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Damaged Prepaid Meter. (1928 Views)

Help: My Longi Prepaid Meter Is Not Supplying Light / Bayo Bankole 'Boy Alinco' Had Accident In US, His Car Damaged (Photos) / How To Mute Prepaid Meter Beeping Sound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Damaged Prepaid Meter. by Plomo: 6:57am On Aug 05, 2021
Hello house.

It rained heavily early this morning and when I woke up after, I discovered there was no power.
I looked outside and saw there was electricity in other houses except mine.

I know, I am sure I am not out of units yet.

And physically looking at my meter, there is no blinking light on.

How do I go about fixing or replacing my prepaid meter? I need it fixed asap but I am afraid the politics they play at IKEDC will drag and delay any fix for months while I’m in the dark.
Re: Damaged Prepaid Meter. by nifemi25(m): 7:13am On Aug 05, 2021
Good morning. This has happened to my meter several times. Please don't assumed your meter has spoilt yet. The breaker must have done it's job in this case. Either the breaker has cut off the light or breeze must have removed one of the two wires that enter your meter from the pole. One of the two must have happened to your meter ... I knows water doesn't spoil meter . Check your meter breaker very well. You just have to switch the breaker up back . Thank me later
Re: Damaged Prepaid Meter. by IbnBattuta1960: 7:38am On Aug 05, 2021
I agree with the person above.
Check if your wires are properly connected at the pole.
You can use a tester to check the entry point on the meter. Or better still, call an electrician.
Re: Damaged Prepaid Meter. by Plomo: 11:44am On Aug 05, 2021
nifemi25:
Good morning. This has happened to my meter several times. Please don't assumed your meter has spoilt yet. The breaker must have done it's job in this case. Either the breaker has cut off the light or breeze must have removed one of the two wires that enter your meter from the pole. One of the two must have happened to your meter ... I knows water doesn't spoil meter . Check your meter breaker very well. You just have to switch the breaker up back . Thank me later

I did exactly this and it worked.

Thank you so much. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Damaged Prepaid Meter. by Plomo: 11:45am On Aug 05, 2021
IbnBattuta1960:
I agree with the person above.
Check if your wires are properly connected at the pole.
You can use a tester to check the entry point on the meter. Or better still, call an electrician.

It was the breaker like the poster above said. At least, next time, I’ll know what to do.

Thank you for helping out!
Re: Damaged Prepaid Meter. by Bolje350: 5:11pm On Mar 02, 2022
Good evening, sorry to bring up this post, I need help for my metre too
I was trying to load the unit I bought but it's just showing error pls wat do I do..no number is responding on the metre..just showing error when I press any digit
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Hey Nairalanders! / Okopoly Utme Results / 10 Bloody And Shameful Civil Wars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.