Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,068 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York (54430 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by omoyeni37: 7:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Full plate breakfast
Please bro, how much is that full plate breakfast?

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Karlovych: 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
New York of all places? Anyway good luck in your stay and have fun
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by medexico(m): 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2021
Guy stop tilting your phone before you take a picture. Keep it vertical or horizontal abeg.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Landmack: 8:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
We just left Springfield

Springfield is a beautiful place. Hope u said hi to the Simpsons cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Cousin9999: 8:26pm On Aug 06, 2021
Karlovych:
New York of all places? Anyway good luck in your stay and have fun

Where should they go instead?
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Cousin9999: 8:27pm On Aug 06, 2021
Kubernetes:

I see China, Japan, Hong Kong and south Korea are far more developed in terms of infrastructure

And everyone in China, HK, and Korea wants to be in NY.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Cousin9999: 8:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by BMathew: 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2021
You've got a whole lot of vibes bro, thumbs up for you.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Ltherman(m): 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Strolling through 77th street in Brooklyn on my way to get some food

I notice the Americans get to name their streets differently from what we have in Naija.

E.g you'll hear things like Ring Road or Admiralty way in Naija but in America one tends to hear 77th street or 47th street.
Can you please break it down

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Freelane33(m): 9:07pm On Aug 06, 2021
I like this thread ... more grease to your elbow bro
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by pacespot(m): 9:07pm On Aug 06, 2021
Nice thread, can you take a trip to Trump tower?
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by willsonzzy: 9:26pm On Aug 06, 2021
Which way man fit enter yankee abeeg
God when oh, anything wey go make me live this life finish and I no see yankee with my corocoro eye holyyyy ghosttttt firrrrrreeee

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Freelane33(m): 9:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
Meh I must enter and explore yankee too . We go reach there my bro
willsonzzy:
Which way man fit enter yankee abeeg
God when oh, anything wey go make me live this life finish and I no see yankee with my corocoro eye holyyyy ghosttttt firrrrrreeee
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by GRACETOLIVE(f): 9:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
Shame to Nigeria and Africa in general. God punish all the leaders.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by GreyBlood: 9:38pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ltherman:

I notice the Americans get to name their streets differently from what we have in Naija.

E.g you'll hear things like Ring Road or Admiralty way in Naija but in America one tends to hear 77th street or 47th street.
you no know about Festac be that? Na so so 26th and 22 road you go dey hear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by DollarBuddy: 9:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
Following
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
codemaniacs:

millions of people in Nigeria are more comfortable than Springboot..

Nigeria didn't start in the year 1960, millions of Nigerians have generational wealth..

your comment reeks of envy..

he doesn't need to live in a luxury apartment or have a luxury car or well paid job to make comments... As long as his working and he can pay his bills and have savings then he can live comfortably and its the same for anyone...

your problem is you want to live a luxury life, own a luxury car and have a well paid job before you believe you're living comfortably and that's a negative mentality to have...

from this your comment, Your other problem is you're ready to verbally attack and most likely also physically attack Nigerians that you assume are doing better than you...

that he said he lived in the U:S does not mean its true as anyone can say anything online but its likely true as I said a lot of Nigerians have generational wealth especially if you come from a family whose grand parents were university educated and even great grand parents were university educated.

Millions? Millions of Nigerians have generational wealth?
Bruv,you seem to be living in an utopian world. You're bereft of the realities of this country.
Generational wealth: Wealthy.
Wealthy folks in this country can't be up to 50,000 talkless of "millions". Unless you're mistaking wealthy for rich or middle-class,even at that millions of Nigeria aren't rich. Nigeria isn't near a middle-class country.
The social disparity in Nigeria is very great,wealth is unevenly distributed.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Kenn55: 9:54pm On Aug 06, 2021
Gilbertase:
I'm doing fine...you aren't big on help or empathy or empowerment of anyone..run alongyou are the person I described here, in case you again didn't comprehend. Won't respond to you again

The mistake people like you make is that you expect everyone to see things that are glare and agree. People like codemanics could be dead serious in what they are saying.
See, people operate on different standards. Your standards could be high while another person's standard is low. Therefore, everybody is right in a way.
Those days in school, some people popped champagne cos they made a 2-2 while some others were angry cos they didn't make first class, different standards.
For me, I can't willingly live in Nigeria in her present state no matter the millions I have. I don't see anything sweet in a country where even the basic things are not working. Even if you live in Banana island, won't you go to other places ?
But don't be surprised some people enjoy Nigeria they way it is. When your standard is too low, everything passes the test. So when codemanics tell you he enjoys Nigeria, he could be right and you have to believe him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 06, 2021
OscarJaden:
OG Zini you never leave this shithole yet?
Nigar mii no fur everything dey go codely
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Richdee1(m): 9:57pm On Aug 06, 2021
medexico:
Guy stop tilting your phone before you take a picture. Keep it vertical or horizontal abeg.

Are you paying him for posting on here??

Such a demented human being
Lol

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by TheEnforcer: 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ltherman:

Especially in New york.New york is constructed in Grid pattern and it has streets and avenues.Usually, the avenue is the main road and the streets branch of the Avenues.For instance, you have Jamaica Avenue in Queens, and the streets branch off that Avenue up to like 250th street.The streets are largely residential. And the avenues are largely commercial. Same goes in Manhattan borough too.

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by adrenaline02: 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2021
Naija sha!!!
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by adanny01(m): 10:12pm On Aug 06, 2021
zolajpower:

Bros the benins re not better than an average Jamaican . In fact Benin re worse , charm , arms and ammunition etc re the weapons used to stop anyone progressing more than them .

I was posted to work in Benin, my wife got confused whether to cry or celebrate. When the posting changed to Kano, come and see my wife's celebration.

I guess no Benin girls to put sand in her garri was her problem. My problem was Benin people and their eye for the progressives, Kano ppl too, get their wahala.

Kano people are always in your personal business, but Benin, even your dreams na catchment area.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
Kenn55:

The mistake people like you make is that you expect everyone to see things that are glare and agree. People like codemanics could be dead serious in what they are saying.
See, people operate on different standards. Your standards could be high while another person's standard is low. Therefore, everybody is right in a way.
Those days in school, some people popped champagne cos they made a 2-2 while some others were angry cos they didn't make first class, different standards.
For me, I can't willingly live in Nigeria in her present state no matter the millions I have. I don't see anything sweet in a country where even the basic things are not working. Even if you live in Banana island, won't you go to other places ?
But don't be surprised some people enjoy Nigeria they way it is. When your standard is too low, everything passes the test. So when codemanics tell you he enjoys Nigeria, he could be right and you have to believe him.
you are right jare..hence, my decision to ignore codemaniacs, esp as he decided to venture into even more ludicrous territory stating investors check nairaland before making investment decisions rather than such things as unstable economic policies, startling insecurity, macroeconomic indices. Lmao

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by adanny01(m): 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
codemaniacs:

Nigeria is where it is today because people like you like to deceive themselves that they can "see life through the eyes of poor people"... the day Nigerians stop "seeing life through the eye of poor people" is the day Nigeria will experience rapid development...

there is no such thing as a poor person... who do you classify as poor?

someone can have a well paid job and still be poor especially if that person lives above their means...

I am not privileged, I don't live above my means and I don't live life to impress people..

only people who live above their means and to impress people are the ones who want luxury apartment, luxury car and well paid job to boast and brag to people or want people to assume they are doing well..

some parts of Nigeria will always be dilapidated because one side of Nigeria was amalgamated with the wealthy side of Nigeria in 1914 and over 55% of that wealthy side revenue goes to the one side who were always meant to be an average country... this is the major problem people of the wealthy side of Nigeria face and most of them can't see it and admit it...

55% Revenue that should go to the upliftment and infrastructural development of the wealthy side is given with the one side, the british saw how wealthy and powerful the wealthy side will become and they put things in place to prevent the wealthy side from becoming extremely successful...

SMH

Wealthy side and the other side, hmmm
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Newborn27(f): 10:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lamanii22:

grin grin grin is Nigeria that bad

Not at all.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Dre183(m): 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2021
See fine thread

Meanwhile those 2 idiots above are busy arguing

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by BushDoctor123: 11:01pm On Aug 06, 2021
ramatuoyiza:
Okene is a major route to all states
Anebira don show for here. Wan o!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Chloraseptic: 11:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Enroute Brooklyn bridge

See clean environment, nice structured and positioned building. All their buildings are aligned and almost the same pattern in a particular street.

Road markings are just adornments to the already beautiful streets..

Even if Nigeria manages to mark roads potopoto in the tyres of vehicles coming from the muddy and eroded streets would erase it completely within one month..

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Teetop22(f): 2:13am On Aug 07, 2021
I go like that one ooo
TheKingOfCrumb:
Road trip from Lagos to new York
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Karlovych: 3:18am On Aug 07, 2021
Cousin9999:

Where should they go instead?
Probably Vegas or Miami, but considering he stays not too far from New York I understand his decision

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

7 Places You Must Visit As An Adult In Your Lifetime! / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) / Helicopter Crashes Into A Building In Ikeja, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.