Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York (54467 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 4:41am On Aug 06, 2021
Drenimarcus:
Following Bazooka-ly. Quick question bro, how do i get the metro card? i will be in NY for 2 days. Do i need it? I will be flying in though. Enjoy your time in NY and stay safe brother.
Since you’re spending 2 days, I will advice you to buy a single pass at the vending machine in each subway station.

19 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 4:48am On Aug 06, 2021
After many years of hearing about Times Square, I visited the place this night to at least get a sneak peek of how it looks. It’s Awesome

137 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 4:49am On Aug 06, 2021
Times Square

43 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 5:37am On Aug 06, 2021
I’m back to my Airbnb apartment. Tomorrow I will visit Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty and Fifth Avenue

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Lukaku95: 6:49am On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Thats the yeye Jamaican driver
na papa ooo. These old men no dey hear word

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Daum: 9:34am On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I’m back to my Airbnb apartment. Tomorrow I will visit Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty and Fifth Avenue

Following
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Richdee1(m): 9:51am On Aug 06, 2021
teabully:
daewoorazer

What's this
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 11:28am On Aug 06, 2021
Good morning guys

9 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 11:28am On Aug 06, 2021
Lukaku95:
na papa ooo. These old men no dey hear word
old man that don’t hear word

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Kingosytex(m): 12:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Forgetting my earpiece in the house made me kinda miss Nigeria a little bit.
In Nigeria you’ll find sellers of different items at bus parks. Infact you can even buy all the items you will need for your trip at the bus park, soaps, singlets, polo etc. the case is very different here.

Naija is bae grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by sonofElElyon: 12:21pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Hi guys, for my birthday this year, I will be visiting New York City via Road.
Kindly sit back and relax �

From Nigeria ?

grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by NotaMod: 12:22pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
This is actually my first time to New York. I have been living in the New England region for quite some time now and my popular route is New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts. Today is my first time of leaving the New England area.
So my gist: After dropping from the bus, I had a tough time using the subway. The Address that the Airbnb host sent me was incomplete, the people I showed the address couldn’t make sense of the direction via Subway. Nevertheless, I entered the subway only to discover that I needed a Metro Card to access the train. After wondering helplessly in the subway, a good Samaritan offered to use her card to give me the pass.
I entered the subway and started another round of rigmarole. The first train I entered took me to Manhattan, my Airbnb apartment is at Brooklyn.
I contacted the guy and after much explanation, I stopped at a particular train terminal and entered the right train in the proper direction. For the first time in my life I felt so clueless.

Fellow New England. (Go PATS!!!).

Which city do you reside? I'm in Billerica, MA.

Bus trip to NY is so exhausting. All that stop, stop and more stop. The driver sef go dey drive like say na inside bus we go sleep.
What of the people wey dey enter bus, dem go dey move like snail. grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2021
Good morning view from my Airbnb

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Kingosytex(m): 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
lol. We saw bandits on the road � . Just kidding

Abeg no vex.

Any policeman, army, road safety, immigration, customs, civil defence or man o war stop una for road to collect bribe? undecided

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2021
EASYGURU:
any fulani herdsmen on the road yet or police stopping you to check the content of your phone?
it's so unfortunate we have an unbalanced system

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 06, 2021
EASYGURU:
any fulani herdsmen on the road yet or police stopping you to check the content of your phone?
Op, very truth, ESN are not there killing people, or using virgin for ritual, NK is there order to cut people head

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by kenzo25(m): 12:26pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I’m very disappointed with the wifi services in the bus. This is my first time using this company called greyhound and I’m already regretting it.
It’s a 7 hrs journey and the bus has no wifi

The WiFi is not free ! It has WiFi but it’s not free

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by enigma0: 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2021
We're on front page grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by TOTOnigga: 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Harford, Connecticut
help me greet ling and lamb...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by zolajpower: 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
lol no wahala… The guy just dey talk anyhow. I will soon show him I’m a Benin boy
Haha you be Benin? The driver sef go be Benin be that ..... Because Benin guys talk like the Jamaican ( driver )guy too . My 5years in Benin was a terrible experience they don't relate , so full of hatred for people especially when you re progressing more than them . Thank God set you dey that side you for be the version of the Jamaican guy grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Oweku: 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2021
celestialAgent:
Could you be kind to pick me up at Oshodi? I wouldn't mind sitting on the bus undecided
grin grin
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by chukwuibuipob: 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2021
cool tourist123,biko,free the old driver sad.If u report him,they'll fire him cos those peeps don't joke when it comes to customers satisfaction. sad

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Broveens42(m): 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Poverty in America is real. The guy in the green mark is hawker the t shirt, Yeah Hawking. As you can see there is street trading everywhere

CNN will not show you this

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by YorubaNinja: 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
I hate taking long distance road trips by bus... it takes forever. angry
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Kubernetes: 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Outskirts of NY, mad traffic already

I see China, Japan, Hong Kong and south Korea are far more developed in terms of infrastructure

27 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Visman(m): 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Forgetting my earpiece in the house made me kinda miss Nigeria a little bit.
In Nigeria you’ll find sellers of different items at bus parks. Infact you can even buy all the items you will need for your trip at the bus park, soaps, singlets, polo etc. the case is very different here.
Guy connect me naw, how do i make it to the US?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
It’s 5:20am and my bus from Vermont to New York departs by 6:30am. The driving time from my apartment to the Bus station is about 30mins so I’m leaving the house now so I can check in on time.
Your own better.. I really pray and hope to be there someday.. Just to believe that these places really exist..

32 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Cholls(m): 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2021
My brothers and sisters see correct country

21 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I’m very disappointed with the wifi services in the bus. This is my first time using this company called greyhound and I’m already regretting it.
It’s a 7 hrs journey and the bus has no wifi
but mostly I see greyhound buses on movies.. Aint thr services good?
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by TheKingOfCrumb: 12:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
Road trip from Lagos to new York
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by KingLion007(m): 12:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
celestialAgent:
Could you be kind to pick me up at Oshodi? I wouldn't mind sitting on the bus undecided
how about sitting at the Burnett

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) / Life In Germany: What Is It Like For Nigerians Who Migrated? / Helicopter Crashes Into A Building In Ikeja, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.